Page 57 of 169 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 3377

Thread: Patriots* Aaron Hernandez questioned then charged with murder. MERGED

  1. #1121
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    That's not the ruling. The problem is he remained silent and they used the fact he remained silent against him. This has previously been inadmissible in court. They reversed previous rulings.

    The Supreme Court is saying that unless you explicitly say "5th amendment", then your silence (the fact that you remained silent) is an admission of sorts. So... as an everyday citizen, you are required to understand (without a lawyer) that you have to explicitly invoke the 5th or your silence can be construed as an admission of guilt and they can present your silence to the jury. So...make sure you don't give them any signals in body language either or that's admissible in this case. ....pretty warped IMHO.
    correct

  2. #1122
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    35,991
    The crack squad of internet sleuths in this thread will uncover the real story.

    The truth is out there.

  3. #1123
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    perusing patsfans.com, it seems that there are many who are in abject denial as well. They can't deal with the fact that there are now many cracks in the armor.

    In the next few years as the Pats return to their pre 2000's cheating and franchise mediocrity, these fans will be hopping off the Pats bandwagon. It won't take long.
    I think Pats fans have been pretty united on this topic. There are a few fringe nutty fans in any fan base, but I think almost all are in agreement, if he is involved in this murder either directly or as an accessory he will not be on the team anymore, and rightfully so.

    Where the fan aspect comes into place, is we are waiting for the investigation to take its coarse before saying throw the thug out. I know the Jets fans have him convicted already, and if he was a jet I would be doing the same thing, but right now we live in a media society where they report something first, and than worry about getting it right. The Boston bombing for three days had bad press exclusive breaking news that was never even close to being true. All we have now are varied media reports, saying many things, (he was arrested, he was not arrested, he is the shooter, he drove the car, etc. etc. etc.).

    So Pats fans are probably giving him a little more rope than just calling him a murderous thug, but if the investigation leads to him being convicted of obstruction, or murder, than we all want him gone, until than we are seeing how this plays out.

    I can tell you this , it does not look like it will end well.

  4. #1124
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    And yet, people cry about Al Sharpton and the POTUS and this stuff completely goes past them without a slightest bit of concern. It makes you wonder.

    Also, to keep in the theme of things, you don't need the 5th amendment if you're innocent. Miranda rights are outdated If you've got nothing to hide, there's no reason to require them or the 5th amendment.
    But, to be fair, how many people do you think are following SCOTUS rulings? Yes, I agree with you that their decisions matter (afterall, it does represent 1/3 of our government, judicial branch). Most of these important cases are being decided by a 5-4 margin.

  5. #1125
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    Maybe he was destroying evidence. Or maybe he was killing someone. Again.
    If no one was there except cameras, he must have another body to dump.


    Science.

  6. #1126
    I am beginning to question the competence of the Police in this investigation. A guy is dead. A car is found where the body is found. They have footage of the dead man that evening in the company of 3 other men... one of whom rented the car found at the scene.

    It is difficult to believe that with this much known "on the surface", these guys have failed to crack this case by now. Really, how often is this much incriminating evidence known publicly before an arrest is made charging someone for commission of the crime.

    It's not like AH and his buddies have even come forward with an alibi. No one is saying the car was stolen, or that Lloyd borrowed (which would be the best available lie).

    Seems to me, that if you intend to commit a crime, Massachusetts is a pretty good place to try and get away with it.

  7. #1127
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I've been on Patsfans.com as well. A lot of them are in the "wait and see" mode. But they are taking this very seriously. And they have to. Because a person is dead.

    By the way, if Aaron Hernandez was involved with this crime, he's not doing a good job of laying low.
    Most Pats boards right now are a combination of the 25% Sunshiners trying to figure out how he could possibly be innocent of all of this, and 75% disgusted/accusing/trying to figure out life post AHern.

    I don't think Pats fans are handling a star player connected to a murder any differently than any other fanbase. Mostly shock and trying to piece together the news coming in.

  8. #1128
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post

    Seems to me, that if you intend to commit a crime, Massachusetts is a pretty good place to try and get away with it.
    Only if you are playing for a team, owner of which has governor in his pocket.

  9. #1129
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    I can't name him here, but it appears Hernandez was the trigger man, take it for what it's worth, they're building the case, but Hernandez is going down.
    Is he on vacation? Because it seems to me that with so much incriminating evidence on the surface, a mall cop could have solved this one by now.

  10. #1130
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    AGREED. I don't think it's a very good example to be comparing two movies, but I get your point. As strange as it may sound, I get bothered far worse about matters of animal cruelty. It really hits home. I have a dog. A dog that I think the world of. If anyone were to hurt my pet, I don't know what I would do.
    Not trying to take a cheapshot at you but there seems to be some inconsistency in your post. You think the world of your dog but all your posts include a picture of you killing a deer. Isn't that animal cruelty too?

  11. #1131
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In Da Club with a Bottle Full of Bubb
    Posts
    8,727
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    I am beginning to question the competence of the Police in this investigation. A guy is dead. A car is found where the body is found. They have footage of the dead man that evening in the company of 3 other men... one of whom rented the car found at the scene.

    It is difficult to believe that with this much known "on the surface", these guys have failed to crack this case by now. Really, how often is this much incriminating evidence known publicly before an arrest is made charging someone for commission of the crime.

    It's not like AH and his buddies have even come forward with an alibi. No one is saying the car was stolen, or that Lloyd borrowed (which would be the best available lie).

    Seems to me, that if you intend to commit a crime, Massachusetts is a pretty good place to try and get away with it.
    +1 to ALL of that.
    Very curious what the motive was. Im just nosy like that.

  12. #1132
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    I am beginning to question the competence of the Police in this investigation. A guy is dead. A car is found where the body is found. They have footage of the dead man that evening in the company of 3 other men... one of whom rented the car found at the scene.

    It is difficult to believe that with this much known "on the surface", these guys have failed to crack this case by now. Really, how often is this much incriminating evidence known publicly before an arrest is made charging someone for commission of the crime.

    It's not like AH and his buddies have even come forward with an alibi. No one is saying the car was stolen, or that Lloyd borrowed (which would be the best available lie).

    Seems to me, that if you intend to commit a crime, Massachusetts is a pretty good place to try and get away with it.

    You're so wrong about this. You want them to take their time and build a rock solid case. They aren't sitting back. They're building the case layer by layer to make sure they get a complete and accurate picture. The last set of charges you'll see are the murder charges. The obstruction charges are only to pressure him into rolling over once he knows what he's facing.

    They aren't obligated to give us play by play and shouldn't.

  13. #1133
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    perusing patsfans.com, it seems that there are many who are in abject denial as well. They can't deal with the fact that there are now many cracks in the armor.

    In the next few years as the Pats return to their pre 2000's cheating and franchise mediocrity, these fans will be hopping off the Pats bandwagon. It won't take long.
    The vast majority of them will go back to rooting for the Giants.

    Like they did a few weeks before the Pats first SB win.

  14. #1134
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    I don't think Pats fans are handling a star player connected to a murder any differently than any other fanbase. Mostly shock and trying to piece together the news coming in.
    How could that be? I thought you folks up in NE were different.....afterall, you do things "the Patriot Way." It is a class organization with one of the best owners in sports, HOF coach and QB.

  15. #1135
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In Da Club with a Bottle Full of Bubb
    Posts
    8,727
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    You're so wrong about this. You want them to take their time and build a rock solid case. They aren't sitting back. They're building the case layer by layer to make sure they get a complete and accurate picture. The last set of charges you'll see are the murder charges. The obstruction charges are only to pressure him into rolling over once he knows what he's facing.

    They aren't obligated to give us play by play and shouldn't.
    Seeing as how they were all together as a group, i wonder if that makes pre meditation any more likely.

  16. #1136
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,400
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Not trying to take a cheapshot at you but there seems to be some inconsistency in your post. You think the world of your dog but all your posts include a picture of you killing a deer. Isn't that animal cruelty too?
    Its only animal cruelty when its an animal species he loves.

    Not one he hunts down, kills, guts, skins, butchers and eats.

  17. #1137
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fair Lawn, NJ
    Posts
    176
    hmmmm.... Bill Belichick destroys video evidence of Patriots taping opponents executing their offense... Aaron Hernandez destroys video evidence of Patriots tight end executing his friend.. anyone remember this PSA?!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Elr5K2Vuo

  18. #1138
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    You're so wrong about this. You want them to take their time and build a rock solid case. They aren't sitting back. They're building the case layer by layer to make sure they get a complete and accurate picture. The last set of charges you'll see are the murder charges. The obstruction charges are only to pressure him into rolling over once he knows what he's facing.

    They aren't obligated to give us play by play and shouldn't.
    You can charge and still investigate. Once you have enough to charge, you do so. You do not have to wait until the case is "Rock Solid" (LOL a local crooked cop was describes as this by the Chief of Police). So, the question is, what are these yahoo's doing that they do not have enough to charge yet?

  19. #1139
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    35,991
    Quote Originally Posted by PETER PAT View Post
    I think Pats fans have been pretty united on this topic. There are a few fringe nutty fans in any fan base, but I think almost all are in agreement, if he is involved in this murder either directly or as an accessory he will not be on the team anymore, and rightfully so.

    Where the fan aspect comes into place, is we are waiting for the investigation to take its coarse before saying throw the thug out. I know the Jets fans have him convicted already, and if he was a jet I would be doing the same thing, but right now we live in a media society where they report something first, and than worry about getting it right. The Boston bombing for three days had bad press exclusive breaking news that was never even close to being true. All we have now are varied media reports, saying many things, (he was arrested, he was not arrested, he is the shooter, he drove the car, etc. etc. etc.).

    So Pats fans are probably giving him a little more rope than just calling him a murderous thug, but if the investigation leads to him being convicted of obstruction, or murder, than we all want him gone, until than we are seeing how this plays out.

    I can tell you this , it does not look like it will end well.
    Good post.

    And of course everyone is innocent until proven guilty but this investigation is accelerating pretty quickly. At a minimum, Hernandez destroyed evidence (and several forms of evidence - phone, surveillance camera data, house cleaners cleaning up a crime scene, etc.) which got him the immediate obstruction charge. Most people can see that this first charge by the police is just the opening salvo and a way to bring him in as the investigators look to see how just how far his involvement goes....Was he a witness who didn't know the other two guys in his party were going to murder Lloyd? Is he now covering up for his associates who committed the act? Was he a participant, co-conspirator, the trigger man? Was it a pre-meditated plot to kill this guy?

    In any case, I agree it won't end well. At BEST it looks like he obstructed justice and attempted to cover-up a murder. At worst, he directly committed pre-meditated murder.

    My big thing is how does this guy react? Does AH try to continue "life as normal" as he did by going to the Pats practice facility the other day? Or, does he go OJ and we end up with another slow speed SUV chase as AH realizes there might be an electric chair in his future?
    Last edited by jetstream23; 06-21-2013 at 12:39 PM.

  20. #1140
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,170
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Not trying to take a cheapshot at you but there seems to be some inconsistency in your post. You think the world of your dog but all your posts include a picture of you killing a deer. Isn't that animal cruelty too?
    In America dog's,cats and horses etc are pets and looked at differently then food animals like deer,cattle,chickens etc.. In parts of India cows are considered sacred.. But I'm sure you knew that.. In China they had to take dog and cat off the menu during the Olympics..

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us