Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 58 of 169 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 3377

Thread: Patriots* Aaron Hernandez questioned then charged with murder. MERGED

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Seeing as how they were all together as a group, i wonder if that makes pre meditation any more likely.

The police aren't going to tell us but I believe they have a pretty good picture about what went down. These guys weren't exactly masterminds in this murder and I've got to think, based on what's been made public (if legit), that they already know who, what, and when.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    That's not the ruling. The problem is he remained silent and they used the fact he remained silent against him. This has previously been inadmissible in court. They reversed previous rulings.

The Supreme Court is saying that unless you explicitly say "5th amendment", then your silence (the fact that you remained silent) is an admission of sorts. So... as an everyday citizen, you are required to understand (without a lawyer) that you have to explicitly invoke the 5th or your silence can be construed as an admission of guilt and they can present your silence to the jury. So...make sure you don't give them any signals in body language either or that's admissible in this case. ....pretty warped IMHO.
    meh. pre arrest, non custodial questioning submitted voluntarily. after Miranda, your silence would be inadmissible. you can't be compelled to testify against yourself. you go in willingly for questioning, well...

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Serious Question About all of this ... If this proves to be the case ... Sounding like he got shot in/around Hernandez house ... Then body thrown out in the woods not far away

They go through the effort of destroying the cell / destroying the home security system ... Having professional cleaners clean the house

(Again, these appear to be allegations at the moment ... If they prove to be true)

My question is ... If you are going to do all of this ...

Why wouldn't you also bury the body?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    How could that be? I thought you folks up in NE were different.....afterall, you do things "the Patriot Way." It is a class organization with one of the best owners in sports, HOF coach and QB.
    Seriously, dude? It's an ongoing homicide investigation of a star player. No one on this side of rooting gives a s*hit right now. Still waiting for information to come out.

I promise to give my personal thoughts on the final outcome of this matter on this board for you to rip apart.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    In America dog's,cats and horses etc are pets and looked at differently then food animals like deer,cattle,chickens etc.. In parts of India cows are considered sacred.. But I'm sure you knew that.. In China they had to take dog and cat off the menu during the Olympics..
    damn... I was hoping to sink my teeth into a juicy pu$$yburger.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    obstruction--shmobstruction

this Patriot THUG pulled the trigger and is going down for premeditated murder
    lol. you have a buddy heading up the investigation too?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    You can charge and still investigate. Once you have enough to charge, you do so. You do not have to wait until the case is "Rock Solid" (LOL a local crooked cop was describes as this by the Chief of Police). So, the question is, what are these yahoo's doing that they do not have enough to charge yet?
    Sorry man, I don't agree this at all. I'm glad they're being so thorough. If Hernandez is involved, I don't want him getting off ala Ray Lewis.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Seeing as how they were all together as a group, i wonder if that makes pre meditation any more likely.
    They were seen in some nightclubs prior to the murder not a great idea to do if it was premeditated..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know it's already been discussed, but comparing the media coverage of Braylon Edward's DWI to Aaron Hernandez's murder involvement is absolutely laughable.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The police aren't going to tell us but I believe they have a pretty good picture about what went down. These guys weren't exactly masterminds in this murder and I've got to think, based on what's been made public (if legit), that they already know who, what, and when.
    Yes, then by all means hold-off on charging and let these guys stay out on the street. I'm sure they do not present any danger to others. These are certainly no the types to resort to violence when confronted with a stressful no-win-type situation.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry man, I don't agree this at all. I'm glad they're being so thorough. If Hernandez is involved, I don't want him getting off ala Ray Lewis.
    You should educate yourself on the Ray Lewis facts. How did Lewis "get-off" when not even the guys who were charged were convicted?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This obstruction of justice charge is just a way to put the pressure on AH to cooperate (as he has been uncooperative so far). If he doesn't, higher charges will be filed against him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, then by all means hold-off on charging and let these guys stay out on the street. I'm sure they do not present any danger to others. These are certainly no the types to resort to violence when confronted with a stressful no-win-type situation.
    Yes, because charging people for crimes gets them off the streets because there's no such thing as bail.

Everyone is safe (for a few hours).

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    damn... I was hoping to sink my teeth into a juicy pu$$yburger.
    That's totally fine but unfortunately I can't post the picture of Juicy Lucy that you would enjoy..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, because charging people for crimes gets them off the streets because there's no such thing as bail.

Everyone is safe (for a few hours).
    Very few people are ever are permitted to be on bail pending their murder trial. I would venture that this number is zero for people with gang connections and any history whatsoever of violence.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    meh. pre arrest, non custodial questioning submitted voluntarily. after Miranda, your silence would be inadmissible. you can't be compelled to testify against yourself. you go in willingly for questioning, well...
    +1

Exactly

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very few people are ever are permitted to be on bail pending their murder trial. I would venture that this number is zero for people with gang connections and any history whatsoever of violence.

I guess you missed this one in Jersey a few days ago... happens all of the time (cop in this case)

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2...g_1m_bail.html

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess you missed this one in Jersey a few days ago... happens all of the time

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2...g_1m_bail.html
    I'm pretty sure if AH is charged with murder that he won't be granted bail. Prosecutor can make an easy case for that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    This obstruction of justice charge is just a way to put the pressure on AH to cooperate (as he has been uncooperative so far). If he doesn't, higher charges will be filed against him.
    What if Hernandez is the actual trigger man? Or, if he was part of a conspiracy with pre-meditation to murder this guy? What if his weapon was used?

This obstruction charge just gets the ball rolling and it may actually be his two associates that the police want cooperation from against Hernandez.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I'm pretty sure if AH is charged with murder that he won't be granted bail. Prosecutor can make an easy case for that.

Although it looks like he should have, I'm not sure he has prior arrests. They seem to be coming at once. I would think his flight risk is the main factor though ( and danger which I don't think they would view without prior convictions) ... don't know what the exact criteria is though.