Page 67 of 169 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 3377

Thread: Patriots* Aaron Hernandez questioned then charged with murder. MERGED

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Indeed. If we did, you'd hear about it non stop on ESPN and NFLN every 2 minutes.
    As there should be a live feed of Hernandez's house through ESPN right now.

Hypocrites.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    Greatest thread title ever
    Uh, no... The greatest thread title ever is, " Razorjet gets raped by supermodels while Jets win Superbowl."

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Hernandez loses endorsement contract

"In light of the investigation involving Aaron Hernandez, CytoSport is terminating its endorsement contract with Mr. Hernandez, effective immediately," the company said in a statement.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Listen I am vegetarian but there is no comparison between cleanly shooting an animal in the wild and the torture slaughterhouse animals endure during their lives and ugly deaths. It is my opinion that anyone that wants to eat meat should kill and butcher it themselves
    O
    That opinion doesn't hurt my meat eating feelings in the least. If I wanna eat, I'm quite capable of killing/skinning/eating a vast number of things. Im a Southern man... we shoot stuff.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    This should actually start hitting home with many people.

Do bad stuff, and lose out on opportunities.

It may be a little premature until we know what actually happened/the exact truth, but it's probably not going to surprise anyone.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This has already been discussed in the main thread. He should lose his endorsements even if obstruction remains the top charge. IMO that is bad enough considering the circumstances. But right now the endorsements are the least of his problems.

I am also wondering what Goodell is going to do.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Listen I am vegetarian but there is no comparison between cleanly shooting an animal in the wild and the torture slaughterhouse animals endure during their lives and ugly deaths. It is my opinion that anyone that wants to eat meat should kill and butcher it themselves
    O

http://www.vegetablecruelty.com/gallery/

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    There are many animal nuts who would save a dog over a human without even thinking twice.. Many, my cousin is 1
    Depends on the human. And there are very few of them.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have an ex-girlfriend that used to be a groupie and banged David Coverdale during a few different tour stops.

Per ex-GF: He got an angry call from Tawny Kitaen while they were in bed one time and he said after he hung up that he needed to break up with Tawny because she was insane and he thought she'd kill him if he didn't do something.

I knew she was a nutjob before all of you did.

And also he said that Hernandez is the triggerman.
    Last edited by Geothermal; 06-21-2013 at 06:26 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec318 View Post
    this is the ray lewis case all over again
    why do people make this comparison. It is not even close.

Execution style killing by gun vs. stabbing during a fight

Destroying evidence to be seized via warrant vs. saying he was not there when he was

conviction of someone for murder likely vs. 2 defendants being acquitted because evidence showed deceased initiated fight

The ignorant narrative that I used to believe, that Ray Lewis killed two guys and got his friends to take the fall for it, is certainly incorrect. First of all, there was no fall. Both men were acquitted when the careering D.A., reminiscent of the Duke lacrosse prosecutor, failed to secure a single murder conviction on two deaths. Second, even when Lewis turned state’s witness, his testimony “helped portray the victims as aggressors,” in the words of the other two’s lawyer, thus helping them. Most importantly, for Ray Lewis to have killed either of the men would have required such a vastly different sequence of events than those reported by both the victims’ group and his own that they would all have to be on the take. It’s a very silly thought to construct a scenario where that is possible, and it’s a sillier thought to regard a football player as that far above the law.
    http://www.policymic.com/articles/23...-over-a-decade

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    Slikmojet has been a reliable poster so don't be so quick to mock him
    So why are the taking him in for Obstruction ? If they could prove he was the triggerman by an eyewitness, he would be arrested with a murder charge

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hunting animals is not the same as making them fight to death for entertainment.

And I would argue that hunters that eat their meat are more noble than the rest of us that simply buy it off a shelf. If everyone had to kill for their meat nearly all of us would be vegetarians.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Hunting animals is not the same as making them fight to death for entertainment.

And I would argue that hunters that eat their meat are more noble than the rest of us that simply buy it off a shelf. If everyone had to kill for their meat nearly all of us would be vegetarians.
    Ever eat a deer-burger?

Terrible.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Ever eat a deer-burger?

Terrible.
    Venison is very lean one must know how to cook it..

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    So why are the taking him in for Obstruction ? If they could prove he was the triggerman by an eyewitness, he would be arrested with a murder charge
    Probably because he hired a cleaning crew to remove evidence and also destroyed the remaining electronic evidence.

Many perps of murder are brought in for minor charges because the cops think they can maneuver it into a confession or at least get inconsistencies of a story during questioning.

They probably don't have enough evidence to charge him with murder.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    so is Kerry Rhodes
    I lol'd hard at that. Well played.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the Patriots may not be able to recoup Aaron Hernandez's guaranteed base salaries 2013 and 2014.

The salary guarantees total about $2.46 million. According to Rapoport, the contract doesn't appear to have any language allowing the club to avoid paying that money if he cannot play or practice. The same cannot be said for future workout bonuses due to Hernandez. That his contract language is being discussed, even just in the media, is another sign of Hernandez's current plight.

Source: NFL.com
    Pats want nothing to do with this. Their initial stance of "he's not the shooter" is bye bye.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has the jurisdiction to suspend Aaron Hernandez even before he is convicted of any crime.

Under the Personal Conduct Policy, Goodell suspended Ben Roethlisberger six games in 2010 after he was accused of sexual assault by a 20-year-old female. Goodell's premise was that Big Ben "endangered underage college students by purchasing alcohol for them and damaged the NFL’s reputation." He could also argue Hernandez has damaged the league's reputation. Goodell could conceivably suspended Hernandez until his situation clarifies.

Source: FOX Sports
    So, if Ben got 6 games, how many should Hernandez get, if he gets out of this with no charges?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post
    Uh, no... The greatest thread title ever is, " Razorjet gets an*lly raped by supermodels wearing str*p-on's while Jets win Superbowl."

fixed

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by child please View Post
    Does he have to cut off his young skank's weekly allowance to do so?
    Whose skank is in question above - Kraft's or AH's?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Ever eat a deer-burger?

Terrible.
    I have never had venison. The most exotic animal I have ever sampled is alligator many years ago and I regret it.

For burgers I prefer 80/20 ground chuck grilled over lump charcoal on high heat.