Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 71 of 169 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 3377

Thread: Patriots* Aaron Hernandez questioned then charged with murder. MERGED

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was talking to somebody I know today (who was in law enforcement) about the AH situation. He told me that while it's not looking good for Hernandez everything hasn't come to light and the situation is still salvageable for him if he plays his cards right.

Basically, charging AH is a way of getting him to cooperate. It keeps him from leaving the city/state. Until you are charged with something, you are free to come and go as you please. Now that he is being charged, the police can put restrictions on where he can be and what he can do, even if they don't arrest him.

The thing with the police is that if they really think you did something bad or even know you did something bad, they will charge you with something light just so they can get you in the courtroom and then show you the real evidence and the real charges they can ring you up on. And that is how they get you to cooperate/snitch. They basically tell you that they can charge you with ABC, but if you play ball then they'll throw you a bone and only charge you with A.

Basically, Hernandez has to start singing if he wants to get out of this mess.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    duped???

actually, I think his instincts for criminal and antisocial behavior were enhanced by being in the company of known cheaters like Kraft, Belichick, Daniels and the rest of the douches known as the NEP

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Was talking to somebody I know today (who was in law enforcement) about the AH situation. He told me that while it's not looking good for Hernandez everything hasn't come to light and the situation is still salvageable for him if he plays his cards right.

Basically, charging AH is a way of getting him to cooperate. It keeps him from leaving the city/state. Until you are charged with something, you are free to come and go as you please. Now that he is being charged, the police can put restrictions on where he can be and what he can do, even if they don't arrest him.

The thing with the police is that if they really think you did something bad or even know you did something bad, they will charge you with something light just so they can get you in the courtroom and then show you the real evidence and the real charges they can ring you up on. And that is how they get you to cooperate/snitch. They basically tell you that they can charge you with ABC, but if you play ball then they'll throw you a bone and only charge you with A.

Basically, Hernandez has to start singing if he wants to get out of this mess.
    sorry, I have no clue what you are saying. Isn't being charged the same thing as being arrested?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Who gives a flying about Hernandez, the Patriots etc. F' em all we have our own issues.
    Come on now, this is a cathartic moment. The Jets just won their 10th straight offseason. They even lead the league in players having their best offseason ever for a 4th straight time.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    sorry, I have no clue what you are saying. Isn't being charged the same thing as being arrested?
    It's possible to be charged with a crime without actually being arrested.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Come on now, this is a cathartic moment. The Jets just won their 10th straight offseason. They even lead the league in players having their best offseason ever for a 4th straight time.
    enough already of your frigging trollery

hopefully the mods agree and send you off to spend some time with the likes of Vinny, TX and other useless sh1tstirrers that add nothing to this forum

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    If you have any proof of this feel free to discuss via PM.
    Do you seriously not see that almost every post you throw out there has a negative connotation to it?

You really should read before hitting submit. How many people tell you this, how many times can you ask someone to show you when a light goes off in your head saying there just might be something to this.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    It's possible to be charged with a crime without actually being arrested.
    Also possible to be arrested without being charged with a crime.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    The catharsis here has nothing to do with the jets

It simply comes from seeing your ownership / coach / players / and fans including yourself get smacked in the face and knocked down to the ground from the high horse that you've been preaching at us from.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    In the end and beyond all the Jets Pats hate, stuff like this just leaves you scratching your head.
    Multi million dollars in the bank, the prospect of never having to work another hard job the rest of your life. The prospect of earning even more millions before your done and you let yourself get trap in BS like this.
    You have to wonder how effective these NFL programs really are, when players are still hanging out with people who are nothing but leeches and with one stupid decision, can cause you to throw it all away.
    Agree. But for the most part these are young under educated guys from tough backgrounds and they are given lots of money for the first time in their lives.

U and I would take full advantage. But not all of them can.

But at Columbia my undergrad I saw it with three guys from my freshman dorm. All smart kids from tough backgrounds. Only one has made it. The other two are struggling and spent time in jail.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well said. It's funny that Pacman Jones spoke to incoming rookies this week about all of this, trying to give them a real-world example of what to do and what not to do. But in the end these are grown adults who have to take control of their own lives - Neither Goodell, Belichick, or any other coach has the time to play full-time babysitter. If they still decide to eff up, they're going to eff up.

Hernandez played choir boy and put up great numbers for 2 years and duped the Pats into thinking he was a changed man. The only saving grace for them is that according to reports they are "well protected" against behavior problems in his contract. It's a sad moment not for just the Pats but the NFL in general.
    Still a good risk reward trade for the pats. Heck even if he doesn't play another down for u guys and they can get some of the money back.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    Agree. But for the most part these are young under educated guys from tough backgrounds and they are given lots of money for the first time in their lives.

U and I would take full advantage. But not all of them can.

But at Columbia my undergrad I saw it with three guys from my freshman dorm. All smart kids from tough backgrounds. Only one has made it. The other two are struggling and spent time in jail.
    One hopes that education and even a small amount of travel would expand ones outlook. Yet, sadly today's society seems to promotes this type of thug life as something glorious and to be aspired to. Makes me laugh to think how older folks in the 60's and 70's thought our generation of peace and love was dangerous to the American way of life.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    Still a good risk reward trade for the pats. Heck even if he doesn't play another down for u guys and they can get some of the money back.
    If Hernandez never plays a down again and the Pats can recoup the bonus money, it's still an excellent value pick for a 4th round TE. They got 3 years of well above-average production out of him, great draft pick from a football standpoint. Much better than whatever the Jets have put on the field in a long time.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Hernandez never plays a down again and the Pats can recoup the bonus money, it's still an excellent value pick for a 4th round TE. They got 3 years of well above-average production out of him, great draft pick from a football standpoint. Much better than whatever the Jets have put on the field in a long time.
    It's a pretty clear indication of how morally bankrupt the NFL and its fans are that this can be a fan reaction when a player gets arrested for a felony.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    It's a pretty clear indication of how morally bankrupt the NFL and its fans are that this can be a fan reaction when a player gets arrested for a felony.

What is an appropriate reaction? Enron goes down, people who decided not to invest in them... how should they react?

Emotional investment has value too. This is one of the greatest Jets schadenfraude moments of all time. Let them dance.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow was better

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    no ASS is justifying drafting a murderer based on football

I guess that is just what we would have expected from a chowd troll

"those guys, Jeff Dahmer and Dave Berkowitz were really great draft picks by BB and nice guys too, even though they did a couple of dumb things"

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not justifying Hernandez in any way, shape or form...

I'm specifically talking about Hernadez' behavior prior to this incident... he was a model citizen, he gave the Pats reason to believe in him.

Feel fee to laugh in hindsight, but the business decision was solid.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    no ASS is justifying drafting a murderer based on football

I guess that is just what we would have expected from a chowd troll

"those guys, Jeff Dahmer and Dave Berkowitz were really great draft picks by BB and nice guys too, even though they did a couple of dumb things"
    Seriously, go away old man. You actually spend minutes of your golden years thinking up nicknames for people you hate. Sad existence. Time is precious, you should value it more.

Hoping I am kissing my grandchildren in those days instead of what you are doing.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    One hopes that education and even a small amount of travel would expand ones outlook. Yet, sadly today's society seems to promotes this type of thug life as something glorious and to be aspired to. Makes me laugh to think how older folks in the 60's and 70's thought our generation of peace and love was dangerous to the American way of life.
    I blame the players union. They should do a better job.