Page 72 of 169 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 3377

Thread: Patriots* Aaron Hernandez questioned then charged with murder. MERGED

  1. #1421
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    If Hernandez never plays a down again and the Pats can recoup the bonus money, it's still an excellent value pick for a 4th round TE. They got 3 years of well above-average production out of him, great draft pick from a football standpoint. Much better than whatever the Jets have put on the field in a long time.
    Agre
    E completely.

  2. #1422
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,699
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    If Hernandez never plays a down again and the Pats can recoup the bonus money, it's still an excellent value pick for a 4th round TE. They got 3 years of well above-average production out of him, great draft pick from a football standpoint. Much better than whatever the Jets have put on the field in a long time.
    actually that's the only option , if you want to be honest. I mean if you want to admit he is the lowest form of life . Not sure if you do

  3. #1423
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wildcat Country
    Posts
    4,943
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    What is an appropriate reaction? Enron goes down, people who decided not to invest in them... how should they react?

    Emotional investment has value too. This is one of the greatest Jets schadenfraude moments of all time. Let them dance.
    Don't know.

    I made a personal decision a number of years ago to stop watching professional boxing. It was based on an assessment that boxing, by its very nature, intentionally breeds violent individuals. And that violence, once bred, takes on a life of its own and inevitably spills out of the ring and into everyday life, resulting in battered spouses, abused children, etc.

    The NFL (should we really be surprised?) is proving to be another, even larger and more efficient "factory" for breeding violent behavior. It's a business (as you point out) and the business is violence. The people invested and earning their bread from the business try to control the violence and portray it as just that...controlled. But every year there are reminders, like the Hernandez thing, that attempting to concurrently incite and control violence creates a "holding the tiger by its tail" scenario that will sooner or later blow up on you.
    Last edited by BushyTheBeaver; 06-22-2013 at 12:45 AM.

  4. #1424
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Don't know.

    I made a personal decision a number of years ago to stop watching professional boxing. It was based on an assessment that boxing, by its very nature, intentionally breeds violent individuals. And that violence, once bred, takes on a life of its own and inevitably spills out of the ring and into everyday life, resulting in battered spouses, abused children, etc.

    The NFL (should we really be surprised?) is proving to be another, even larger and more efficient "factory" for breeding violent behavior. It's a business (as you poiinnt out) and the business is violence. The people invested and earning their bread from the business try to control the violence and portray it as just that...controlled. But every year there are reminders, like the Hernandez thing, that attempting to concurrently incite and control violence creates a "holding the tiger by its tail" scenario that will sooner or later blow up on you.
    This is where you fail in your argument. The NFL does not purposely ingrain violent thoughts into the heads of its players, those came years ago. They are actively trying to reverse this trend, to the controversial end of the product on the field.

  5. #1425
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wildcat Country
    Posts
    4,943
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    This is where you fail in your argument. The NFL does not purposely ingrain violent thoughts into the heads of its players, those came years ago. They are actively trying to reverse this trend, to the controversial end of the product on the field.
    Bull. The organized football machine in general and the NFL in particular deal in violence. That's their product. Hey, I love football, but I try to limit any illusions regarding what it's about and what its attraction is. It's violence. It's warfare in an attempted controlled environment.
    Last edited by BushyTheBeaver; 06-22-2013 at 01:34 AM.

  6. #1426
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    LMAO, the Patriots are a circus!!

    Karma to the patriot biased ESPN

    Great offseason for the Patriot star TE's who just signed huge contract extensions..

    Somewhere Welker is smiling!!
    Man the Pats are getting killed out there

  7. #1427
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Bull. The organized football machine in general and the NFL in particular deal in violence. That's their product. Hey, I love football, but I try to limit any illusions regarding what it's about and what its attraction is. It's violence. It's warfare in an attempted controlled environment.
    Who cares?

  8. #1428
    Belichick is supposedly in Europe on vacation right now. He's on some random beach with his MILF sunbathing her fake titties, and he gets a call on his cell about this. Not a happy dude.

  9. #1429
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    3,624
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Belichick is supposedly in Europe on vacation right now. He's on some random beach with his MILF sunbathing her fake titties, and he gets a call on his cell about this. Not a happy dude.
    Reported response from Belicheat... "It's okay, Hernandez was smart enough to have the evidence destroyed. He learned from the best."


  10. #1430
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,178
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Belichick is supposedly in Europe on vacation right now. He's on some random beach with his MILF sunbathing her fake titties, and he gets a call on his cell about this. Not a happy dude.
    Good for the rotten cheating scumbag. Maybe the best few weeks of the offseason will continue with a nice strong riptide and the evil SOB drowning in it

  11. #1431
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    If Hernandez never plays a down again and the Pats can recoup the bonus money, it's still an excellent value pick for a 4th round TE. They got 3 years of well above-average production out of him, great draft pick from a football standpoint. Much better than whatever the Jets have put on the field in a long time.
    So from the Pats fan's point of view, Hernandez was a good pick.

    Right. Got it. Murder doesn't factor into the equation. Great line of reasoning there pal.

  12. #1432
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    I'm not justifying Hernandez in any way, shape or form...


    I'm specifically talking about Hernadez' behavior prior to this incident... he was a model citizen, he gave the Pats reason to believe in him.

    Feel fee to laugh in hindsight, but the business decision was solid.
    Looks more like his other indiscretions (shooting someone in the face for example) were kept hush-hush.

  13. #1433
    http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion...e_probe_widens

    Strip club searched as homicide probe widens
    Saturday, June 22, 2013
    PrintEmail Comments (18)
    By:
    Erin Smith, Gary J. Remal, O’Ryan Johnson and Katie Eastman

    A Rhode Island strip club was searched by homicide detectives probing the death of a Dorchester man as the investigation involving Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez widened yesterday as three new search warrants were issued.

    Gerard DiSanto, owner of Club Desire in Providence, told the Herald he didn’t know what police were looking for when they came to his club. He also said he did not know if Hernandez was a customer.

    “I’m not there every day,” he said.

    Providence police assisted Massachusetts State Police with the Hernandez investigation at the club Thursday. Investigators are hunting for clues in the death of Odin L. Lloyd, 27, who was found dead Monday night less than a mile from Hernandez’s North Attleboro home.

    Hernandez, and other Patriots players, were also known to pop in at other strip clubs in Providence.

    “A bunch would come in and Hernandez was a regular for a while,” said Richard Shappy, owner of the Cadillac Lounge in Providence. “I know (Tom) Brady never comes ... but five, six of them would come in.”

    Investigators have searched Hernandez’s $1.3 million mini-mansion and state police have been seen visiting the property almost daily since the discovery of Lloyd’s body. The Dorchester man was a semi-pro football player and friend of Hernandez.

    As the probe continues, it’s already impacting the Pats player’s pocketbook. CytoSport, the California maker of Muscle Milk, announced it was terminating its endorsement deal with Hernandez yesterday, citing the ongoing investigation.

    Three search warrants have been issued in connection with the homicide probe, an Attleboro court clerk told the Herald yesterday.

    The warrants have not been returned, and are not public. Warrants must be returned within seven days.

    Attleboro court clerk Nancy E. Clarke said she could not comment on where the warrants were intended to allow investigators to search.

    Attleboro circuit court clerk Mark Sturdy said no arrest warrant for Aaron Hernandez had been issued out of that court as of the close of business yesterday. “Not that I’m aware of,” Sturdy said.

    Clarke also said no warrant has been issued for the arrest of Hernandez anywhere in the state.

    “If it was issued anywhere in the state it would show up,” Clarke said. “There’s only three clerks here, we all talk to each other. No warrant has been issued.”

    Just before noon yesterday, two state troopers delivered some papers to Hernandez’s house, which was quiet, aside from a scrum of media. A few minutes earlier, a gift order of fruit was delivered. Hernandez later returned home just before 5 p.m. yesterday.

    Lloyd’s sister, Olivia Thibou, said her family was frustrated police have not kept them informed about the homicide investigation.

    “Whatever we know, whatever we see, is from TV,” Thibou said yesterday. “We talked to a detective, but they just keep saying, ‘It’s an active investigation.’ ”

    Thibou teared up as she spoke of her mother, devastated by the loss of her son.

    “It’s really hard for her,” Thibou said. “We’re trying to plan his funeral, and picking out a casket for him is really hard.”
    Interesting piece about Brady, but we all knew that he has nothing to do in strip club for men.

  14. #1434
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,121
    Strip clubs, guns, baby mamas. What else is new.

  15. #1435
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Well said. It's funny that Pacman Jones spoke to incoming rookies this week about all of this, trying to give them a real-world example of what to do and what not to do. But in the end these are grown adults who have to take control of their own lives - Neither Goodell, Belichick, or any other coach has the time to play full-time babysitter. If they still decide to eff up, they're going to eff up.

    Hernandez played choir boy and put up great numbers for 2 years and duped the Pats into thinking he was a changed man. The only saving grace for them is that according to reports they are "well protected" against behavior problems in his contract. It's a sad moment not for just the Pats but the NFL in general.
    Wow, you just have to love the consistencey of argument you NE trolls posts here on JI. Now that the circus has arrived in your beloved locker room, you are singing a different tune. Now it is the responsibility of the individual not the coach, owner, or league. We don't need to look far to see you, and the other NE trolls, having a much different take just a month ago [Woodsen] with a player who hasn't played one down with the Jets.

    Pay attention my fellow Jet fans. Once again, notice the NE trolls double-standard from the very few who have not gone MIA the past few days.

  16. #1436
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianGreen View Post
    http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion...e_probe_widens



    Interesting piece about Brady, but we all knew that he has nothing to do in strip club for men.
    RussianGreen,

    This can't be? NE Pats players in strip clubs? That's not the Patriot Way. I am positive that the preimer organization in the NFL known for its "class" does not engage in off-field activities as the article posted describes. No way. If NE players are not perfecting their game on non-game days, they are giving back in the community to various charitiable organizations. Afterall, it's the "Patriot Way."

    As I told NE troll ashole yesterday, the Patriot Way is going to be exposed with this AH case. The media is now digging. These stories will come out drip by drip. And once exposed, it will bury the myth by the sports journalists (aka, NE whores) created about the NE organization.

  17. #1437
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,178
    If they wanted to find out about Tammy's attendance they would have needed to find Boston or Providence all male strip clubs

  18. #1438
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,767
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    RussianGreen,

    This can't be? NE Pats players in strip clubs? That's not the Patriot Way. I am positive that the preimer organization in the NFL known for its "class" does not engage in off-field activities as the article posted describes. No way. If NE players are not perfecting their game on non-game days, they are giving back in the community to various charitiable organizations. Afterall, it's the "Patriot Way."

    As I told NE troll ashole yesterday, the Patriot Way is going to be exposed with this AH case. The media is now digging. These stories will come out drip by drip. And once exposed, it will bury the myth by the sports journalists (aka, NE whores) created about the NE organization.
    Are you kidding me? Strip clubs are where Kraft regularly goes shopping for his next wife.

  19. #1439
    Has there been any comment from Jim Nance? He practically lost it when the Jets scored a TD in the playoff game in NE and got a penalty for celebrating in the EZ and implied that the Pats would never do anything that classless.

    He's BFFs with Brady and Kraft. Surely he'll want to speak out and defend the Patriot Way, right?

  20. #1440
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianGreen View Post
    http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion...e_probe_widens



    Interesting piece about Brady, but we all knew that he has nothing to do in strip club for men.
    This thing is expanding. Interesting.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us