Page 81 of 169 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 3377

Thread: Patriots* Aaron Hernandez questioned then charged with murder. MERGED

  1. #1601
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! What a long thread. It took me a couple of days to get through it all.

    Here are the thoughts of this Pats fan;

    If the Pats offense is as difficult to pick up as some say it is, how did Hernandez pick it up. He's coming across as being as dumb as a box of rocks.

    I think some of the other stories about Hernandez could be coming to light to try to influence Emperor Goodell. If he only gets charged with obstruction and has nothing else on his record, he may be able to miss a year or less and be back.

    The Pats gambled on Hernandez and lost. It's that simple.

    How is it that Pats fans are trolls for posting here but if they aren't they're hiding and some of you want them here to take their "medicine"? Either you want us posting here or not. Make up your minds.

  2. #1602
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    Wow! What a long thread. It took me a couple of days to get through it all.

    Here are the thoughts of this Pats fan;

    If the Pats offense is as difficult to pick up as some say it is, how did Hernandez pick it up. He's coming across as being as dumb as a box of rocks.

    I think some of the other stories about Hernandez could be coming to light to try to influence Emperor Goodell. If he only gets charged with obstruction and has nothing else on his record, he may be able to miss a year or less and be back.

    The Pats gambled on Hernandez and lost. It's that simple.

    How is it that Pats fans are trolls for posting here but if they aren't they're hiding and some of you want them here to take their "medicine"? Either you want us posting here or not. Make up your minds.
    speaking just for this poster

    GO AWAY

    AND

    DON'T COME BACK

  3. #1603
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    925
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    Wow! What a long thread. It took me a couple of days to get through it all.

    Here are the thoughts of this Pats fan;

    If the Pats offense is as difficult to pick up as some say it is, how did Hernandez pick it up. He's coming across as being as dumb as a box of rocks.

    I think some of the other stories about Hernandez could be coming to light to try to influence Emperor Goodell. If he only gets charged with obstruction and has nothing else on his record, he may be able to miss a year or less and be back.

    The Pats gambled on Hernandez and lost. It's that simple.

    How is it that Pats fans are trolls for posting here but if they aren't they're hiding and some of you want them here to take their "medicine"? Either you want us posting here or not. Make up your minds.
    Talk about " chickens coming home to roost" for those of you older enough to remember that.

  4. #1604
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Basically Tebow is going to have to play TE in order to preserve his reputation. If he refuses to do what is best for the team he will look like a fraud.
    I got the impression that the talk in NY that Tebow wasn't willing to do what's best for the team was bs. He comes across as the complete opposite type of player, one that would run through a wall if his coach asked him to.

  5. #1605
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    in other words, troll

    you have Ballard.... adding additional camp fodder to the list doesn't make the list more attractive.

    Without Brokendownski, Murderer81, Welker and Lloyd.... poor tammy is going to suddenly look a lot more human

  6. #1606
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    They have 4 other TEs on the roster (Ballard, Fells, Hoomanawanui, and Sudfeld) right now... I'd be shocked if Tebow ever plays a down at that position for the Pats. It's the one benefit of Belichick being obsessed with the position and stocking up on them.
    I also don't think Tebow will play TE, but it is clearly a problem area for the Pats now.

  7. #1607
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    I also don't think Tebow will play TE, but it is clearly a problem area for the Pats now.
    I didn't say it wasn't, just pointing out that there are at least 4 other options at the position that are more attractive than attempting to line Tebow up there.

  8. #1608
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    12,539
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is this fvcktard in jail yet or what?

  9. #1609
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,451
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    They have 4 other TEs on the roster (Ballard, Fells, Hoomanawanui, and Sudfeld) right now... I'd be shocked if Tebow ever plays a down at that position for the Pats. It's the one benefit of Belichick being obsessed with the position and stocking up on them.
    Ballard is a good player but he is coming off a bad injury. The rest I have never heard of. I think they might do some experimenting with Tebow. Unless he really was signed purely as a favor to Meyer and the plan is for him to sit behind Brady for a couple of years and have McDaniels completely re-invent him as a QB.

  10. #1610
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,659
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    I got the impression that the talk in NY that Tebow wasn't willing to do what's best for the team was bs. He comes across as the complete opposite type of player, one that would run through a wall if his coach asked him to.
    Like when he was told that McElroy was given the nod after Sanchez was benched and then he decided he wasn't going to do the wildcat stuff anymore, forcing us to fill Kerley in at that spot when we used it? Yeah, real team player.

  11. #1611
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,659
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    I didn't say it wasn't, just pointing out that there are at least 4 other options at the position that are more attractive than attempting to line Tebow up there.
    Belichick would have to lose his mind to line Tebow up at...well, anywhere, really. But, especially at a position he's never actually played. It'd be ridiculous to start a guy out of position instead of one of your other TEs who have actually, you know...played TE?

  12. #1612
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    12,539
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Belichick would have to lose his mind to line Tebow up at...well, anywhere, really. But, especially at a position he's never actually played. It'd be ridiculous to start a guy out of position instead of one of your other TEs who have actually, you know...played TE?
    LOL... They're SO screwed when Pats* fans and even hack media writers are even suggesting such a thing.

    LOVE IT!

  13. #1613
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,451
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not for nothing but I don't think the Pats completely lost on Hernandez. He was a 4th round pick who has played at a Pro Bowl level for them.

    The new contract looks like a bad decision now. But it gets worse. I heard on NFLN that Hernandez's contract is unique and he may end up getting all his guaranteed money even if he is suspended. If that is true then the contract is awful. Who is writing their contracts? Belichick? Maybe the Pats end up bringing in a real GM eventually.


    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...riots-contract

    In almost all situations, when an NFL player is suspended, he forfeits all of the future guarantees in his contract. Even if a signing bonus or base salary is guaranteed for skill, injury and salary cap, a "failure to perform" or "failure to practice" clause makes those guarantees null and void.

    In a surprising twist, this appears not to be the case with the five-year, $40-million extension signed by New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez in August of 2012. Upon close reading of his contract language -- and after confirming the development with an expert -- the "failure to perform" or "failure to practice" clause that appears in similar Patriots extensions is not present. This means Hernandez might be able to keep nearly $2.5 million of the deal, even if legal troubles prevented him from taking the field.

  14. #1614
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    12,539
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Not for nothing but I don't think the Pats completely lost on Hernandez. He was a 4th round pick who has played at a Pro Bowl level for them.

    The new contract looks like a bad decision now. But it gets worse. I heard on NFLN that Hernandez's contract is unique and he may end up getting all his guaranteed money even if he is suspended. If that is true then the contract is awful. Who is writing their contracts? Belichick? Maybe the Pats end up bringing in a real GM eventually.


    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...riots-contract
    YOUR PASTS* ARE A CIRCUS!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

  15. #1615
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,659
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    LOL... They're SO screwed when Pats* fans and even hack media writers are even suggesting such a thing.

    LOVE IT!
    I doubt they're "screwed", but the position is definitely a concern. Still, if I were a Pats fan, I would sleep well knowing that I have a legit franchise QB that can raise the level of play of those around him. Remember that the mighty Wes Welker was never this 1000yd/100rec receiver before he was catching passes from Brady. So, if I'm a Jets fan (duh, lol), I'm not rejoicing because of the possibility of not having to cover Hernandez and possibly Gronkowski, but rather ****ting myself because we're still having to face Tom Brady.

  16. #1616
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    132
    Post Thanks / Like
    For a 4th round pick he played some good seasons for us. That being said I want him off the team now. Unless by some crazy scenario where he is not guilty in all of this (can't fathom it) I don't want the thug on the team I root for.

    He is a total moron for involving himself with these kind of people and throwing it away like this. It's always astounding to me how guys who have so much to lose do such stupid things. All he had to do was play football, go home to his kid and girlfriend and enjoy them and stay out of trouble, but no he had to be an idiot. See ya AHern...You're talented as hell, but don't have a lick of sense it seems.

  17. #1617
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    12,539
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I doubt they're "screwed", but the position is definitely a concern. Still, if I were a Pats fan, I would sleep well knowing that I have a legit franchise QB that can raise the level of play of those around him. Remember that the mighty Wes Welker was never this 1000yd/100rec receiver before he was catching passes from Brady. So, if I'm a Jets fan (duh, lol), I'm not rejoicing because of the possibility of not having to cover Hernandez and possibly Gronkowski, but rather ****ting myself because we're still having to face Tom Brady.
    Who exactly is Brady gonna be lighting up the field with?
    He lost basically ALL of his receivers!
    They were really counting on the Murderer and Roidkowski being their main guys.
    Now they have Danny Amendola... and Tebow. LULZ

  18. #1618
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,659
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amendola isn't a **** receiver, lol. Gronk is also supposedly doing well after his operation. Will he make it through the season? Who knows. They still have a solid OLine that gives Brady hours in the pocket and they now, seemingly, have a decent running game. When you consider that they replaced Welker (who's production, imo, was due in large part to Brady) with a poor man's version of him who can fill the role just fine, the only receiver they've really lost (and that's not 100% certain atm) is Hernandez.

    Yeah, I'm betting on Brady. Brady was being Brady before Hernandez and Gronkowski got there, just fyi. Unless you're someone who thinks he's just some overrated system QB, I don't really know what else to tell you.

    Now, with all that said, is the Pats offense going to be scoring 50+ like it's nothing? Idk, but probably not. However, considering that they play in the AFC, and more specifically the AFC East, it's not like they even have to. They'll still get around 10-12 wins and take the division. Doubt they go far in the playoffs, but that's a different discussion.

  19. #1619
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Amendola isn't a **** receiver, lol. Gronk is also supposedly doing well after his operation. Will he make it through the season? Who knows. They still have a solid OLine that gives Brady hours in the pocket and they now, seemingly, have a decent running game. When you consider that they replaced Welker (who's production, imo, was due in large part to Brady) with a poor man's version of him who can fill the role just fine, the only receiver they've really lost (and that's not 100% certain atm) is Hernandez.

    Yeah, I'm betting on Brady. Brady was being Brady before Hernandez and Gronkowski got there, just fyi. Unless you're someone who thinks he's just some overrated system QB, I don't really know what else to tell you.

    Now, with all that said, is the Pats offense going to be scoring 50+ like it's nothing? Idk, but probably not. However, considering that they play in the AFC, and more specifically the AFC East, it's not like they even have to. They'll still get around 10-12 wins and take the division. Doubt they go far in the playoffs, but that's a different discussion.

    Brady led the 7th highest-scoring offense in the league in 2006 with his top two weapons being superstars Reche Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney. They'll figure out a way to score points.

  20. #1620
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,659
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Brady led the 7th highest-scoring offense in the league in 2006 with his top two weapons being superstars Reche Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney. They'll figure out a way to score points.
    That's what I'm saying. I can't speak for the rest of us, but I personally fear Brady way more than I do Hernandez.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us