Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 84 of 169 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 3377

Thread: Patriots* Aaron Hernandez questioned then charged with murder. MERGED

  1. #1661
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    893
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    I respectfully disagree. IMO, the Jets should still cut him. DUI is very serious and the consequences can be deadly. But it is not only the DUI but being in a vehicle with a gun. There is no need for these athletes to behave like gangsters. They are supposed to be professionals. Goodson, like AH, is blessed with a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity most people would die for. With that comes a certain responsibility. While no one was killed nor is his alleged crime even in the same neighborhood as AH, a message needs to be sent to these spoiled athletes. The world does not revolve around them. They also must obey the laws. Just my two cents....
    Just a few points re Goodson
    One, he was not driving, no DUI
    Two. The weapon belong to the driver not the passenger. no weapon charge.

  2. #1662
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,325
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    Just a few points re Goodson
    One, he was not driving, no DUI
    Two. The weapon belong to the driver not the passenger. no weapon charge.
    So, the only thing you could say is that he was smoking marijuana. Whoa, bfd. The herb hurts nothing and is gaining legal status in the U.S.

  3. #1663
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    So, the only thing you could say is that he was smoking marijuana. Whoa, bfd. The herb hurts nothing and is gaining legal status in the U.S.
    I dunno, that was Hernandez' (aka "Sweet Leaf") knock on his draft report. Weed might be a gateway to murder now.

  4. #1664
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,178
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Uhh, ok...






    You rolled your eyes at the last quote. So you're agreeing with BTF?
    I rolled my eyes because he is a holier than thou and obnoxious suck-up who gets off appeasing to the SOJF contingent and mostly Pats trolls here with arrogance and adulation against the non-SOJF group.

  5. #1665
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I rolled my eyes because he is a holier than thou and obnoxious suck-up who gets off appeasing to the SOJF contingent and mostly Pats trolls here with arrogance and adulation against the non-SOJF group.
    Fair enough.

  6. #1666
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,178
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Goodson and Hernandez absolutely are not comparable, so why did you bring him up? Your own personal stance on Goodson is irrelevant to this discussion. If a major starter for the Jets were in this situation, there would not be 100% agreement among the fanbase on cutting him immediately. There would be plenty of jackasses around here concocting absurd theories to suggest his innocence and another group of jackasses defending his right to remain on the team regardless.

    My argument has been very simple and singular, and yet you continue to refuse to grasp it or concede to it to any degree.


    Hernandez is done as a Patriot and possibly in this league depending on the outcome. It's very silly that you are throwing your arms up because the league and Pats organization are taking a steadied, calculated approach to an almost unprecedented situation before making decisions.
    Steadied, and calculated?

    You are the exact reason of jetssjumets's wrath, myself included, with Pats fans. You aren't alone, but Pats fans in general will stop at nothing to render praise for the Pats, even though their is nothing to praise them for in the Hernandez case as of right now. I think it's their superiority complex, they've bought this "Patriot way" crap, so it's now their infatuated an faux sense of entitlement to extend the arrogance of the organization.

    Um, what is so impressive, steadied, and calculated about doing nothing when most of the players and coaches are on a 6 week hiatus before training camps open? Stop falsely fawning over everything your precious Patriots do, there is nothing for them to do right now until a move is made with Hernandez, either way.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 06-23-2013 at 01:34 AM.

  7. #1667
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,325
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    I dunno, that was Hernandez' (aka "Sweet Leaf") knock on his draft report. Weed might be a gateway to murder now.
    Madre de Dios...it all makes sense now!

  8. #1668
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Goodson and Hernandez absolutely are not comparable, so why did you bring him up? Your own personal stance on Goodson is irrelevant to this discussion. If a major starter for the Jets were in this situation, there would not be 100% agreement among the fanbase on cutting him immediately. There would be plenty of jackasses around here concocting absurd theories to suggest his innocence and another group of jackasses defending his right to remain on the team regardless.

    My argument has been very simple and singular, and yet you continue to refuse to grasp it or concede to it to any degree.


    Hernandez is done as a Patriot and possibly in this league depending on the outcome. It's very silly that you are throwing your arms up because the league and Pats organization are taking a steadied, calculated approach to an almost unprecedented situation before making decisions.
    Forgive me for only having to use the Goodson case as my example. Sorry no key Jet player has ever been involved in a murder investigation to draw a comparable situation that suits you.

    My example of Goodson, regardless of his status as a player (all star or not), was that I believed, as per my post in the Goodson thread, as well as many other Jet posters on this site that he should be cut immediately. I love Braylon Edwards. At the time of his DUI, I was not posting here. Had I been, my position would've been the same then as it is today.

    You are trying to draw conclusions based on status on the playing field. Maybe, just maybe, some people don't worship athletes and the sports they play to the extent that you do; so much so that you are willing to brush aside violations of the law that have serious consequences for the player and, depending on the incident, the public.

    As to your concluding paragraph, absolutely. You may think it is silly but we are talking about a murder investigation that has captured the attention of the entire country the past few days -- there's a reason why the news is syaing there are 100 reporters camped outside AH's home. Not sure what a "steadied" approach means. We do know that AH has committed obstruction of justice in an ongoing murder investigation. A serious crime. Common sense tells anyone, Pats fan or not, that he would only do so to cover up his role in the alleged crime. If the Pats don't want to act for the integrity of the sport (no surprise given that the organization is governed by cheaters), then it is incumbent on Goodell to act, and act swiftly.

    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    Just a few points re Goodson
    One, he was not driving, no DUI
    Two. The weapon belong to the driver not the passenger. no weapon charge.
    Yes, I know. My point is his lack of responsibility especially given the resources accessible to him, and other NFL players, in those situations (car service provided by the team/NFL at no costs). While he was not the driver nor was the gun his, he was in the car parked on an active highway. Just imagine if a mother driving with her children in the car slammed into this fool. Yes, I know it is a hypothetical but a very plausible scenario. I just don't think Goodson is the type of player I want on the Jets given the problems we have experienced these past 2 years. But this is just my opinion.

  9. #1669
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Forgive me for only having to use the Goodson case as my example. Sorry no key Jet player has ever been involved in a murder investigation to draw a comparable situation that suits you.

    My example of Goodson, regardless of his status as a player (all star or not), was that I believed, as per my post in the Goodson thread, as well as many other Jet posters on this site that he should be cut immediately. I love Braylon Edwards. At the time of his DUI, I was not posting here. Had I been, my position would've been the same then as it is today.

    You are trying to draw conclusions based on status on the playing field. Maybe, just maybe, some people don't worship athletes and the sports they play to the extent that you do; so much so that you are willing to brush aside violations of the law that have serious consequences for the player and, depending on the incident, the public.

    As to your concluding paragraph, absolutely. You may think it is silly but we are talking about a murder investigation that has captured the attention of the entire country the past few days -- there's a reason why the news is syaing there are 100 reporters camped outside AH's home. Not sure what a "steadied" approach means. We do know that AH has committed obstruction of justice in an ongoing murder investigation. A serious crime. Common sense tells anyone, Pats fan or not, that he would only do so to cover up his role in the alleged crime. If the Pats don't want to act for the integrity of the sport (no surprise given that the organization is governed by cheaters), then it is incumbent on Goodell to act, and act swiftly.



    Yes, I know. My point is his lack of responsibility especially given the resources accessible to him, and other NFL players, in those situations (car service provided by the team/NFL at no costs). While he was not the driver nor was the gun his, he was in the car parked on an active highway. Just imagine if a mother driving with her children in the car slammed into this fool. Yes, I know it is a hypothetical but a very plausible scenario. I just don't think Goodson is the type of player I want on the Jets given the problems we have experienced these past 2 years. But this is just my opinion.


    The Pats are going to cut Hernandez and void his contract. This a very bizarre and fluid situation that still doesn't even involve a single arrest warrant. The Pats and the NFL are going to wait for real (namely, arrest) information to come out before they make decisions. Why is this so hard to understand?

    You are asking the Pats to handle this situation in a way that no other NFL team would.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 06-23-2013 at 01:44 AM.

  10. #1670
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    893
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    So, the only thing you could say is that he was smoking marijuana. Whoa, bfd. The herb hurts nothing and is gaining legal status in the U.S.
    With respect in the case of a signed NFL player it is a big deal. I did not want to make excuses for being dumb and in this case the kid was dumb.
    Yet, how many kids his age don't do dumb crap. For certain there is no MAJOR felony here and he needs to keep his nose clean for the remainder of his time in the NFL.

  11. #1671
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    The Pats are going to cut Hernandez and void his contract. This a very bizarre and fluid situation that still doesn't even involve a single arrest warrant. The Pats and the NFL are going to wait for real (namely, arrest) information to come out before they make decisions. Why is this so hard to understand?

    You are asking the Pats to handle this situation in a way that no other NFL team would.
    Please, let's be real regarding AH, it's a matter of when not if as to his pending arrest.

    Correct (bolded portion). Afterall, the Pats are the class of the NFL. Remember, "the Patriot Way"? We've been told for much of the past decade how Kraft, Belicheat and NE do things different than the rest of the 31 teams.

    Why would this be any different?

  12. #1672
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Please, let's be real regarding AH, it's a matter of when not if as to his pending arrest.

    Correct (bolded portion). Afterall, the Pats are the class of the NFL. Remember, "the Patriot Way"? We've been told for much of the past decade how Kraft, Belicheat and NE do things different than the rest of the 31 teams.

    Why would this be any different?
    You and I would be on much better terms if you actually read my posts and realized I am not defending the mythical Patriot Way, and rather just calling out the absurdity in the generalities you post about the Pats and their fans.


    The Pats do, in fact, run themselves differently from most of the league. BB runs a disciplinarian organization that takes chances on malcontents. Many fail, some have succeeded. If you asked Belichick what the "Patriot Way" means to him in a presser, he'd say, "I have no idea."

  13. #1673
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,681
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Uhh, ok...



    You rolled your eyes at the last quote. So you're agreeing with BTF?
    No. Ray just trolls me really hard. Not even he is ignorant enough to hold the media responsible for a murder.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I rolled my eyes because he is a holier than thou and obnoxious suck-up who gets off appeasing to the SOJF contingent and mostly Pats trolls here with arrogance and adulation against the non-SOJF group.
    Keep telling yourself that and maybe it will become true. How many times have you been banned? Speaks for itself.

  14. #1674
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    10,774
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    GO BLACKHAWKS, GO!!!
    LOL!

    Hell of a series! GREAT playoffs all around.

    Bruins are the only legit Boston team out there. They are not better than the Hawks

  15. #1675
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,178
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    No. Ray just trolls me really hard. Not even he is ignorant enough to hold the media responsible for a murder.



    Keep telling yourself that and maybe it will become true. How many times have you been banned? Speaks for itself.
    If I was the only person who said it, then maybe you'd have an argument. But I saw it from day one. Many others see it too!

    Troll you? LOL you're so full of yourself. And what does me having been banned have to do with anything when I and many others see through you?

  16. #1676
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,178
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    You and I would be on much better terms if you actually read my posts and realized I am not defending the mythical Patriot Way, and rather just calling out the absurdity in the generalities you post about the Pats and their fans.


    The Pats do, in fact, run themselves differently from most of the league. BB runs a disciplinarian organization that takes chances on malcontents. Many fail, some have succeeded. If you asked Belichick what the "Patriot Way" means to him in a presser, he'd say, "I have no idea."
    And now they are a complete circus!

  17. #1677
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    24,985
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    With respect in the case of a signed NFL player it is a big deal. I did not want to make excuses for being dumb and in this case the kid was dumb.
    Yet, how many kids his age don't do dumb crap. For certain there is no MAJOR felony here and he needs to keep his nose clean for the remainder of his time in the NFL.
    The investigation isn't over. Warrants cannot be had without proper evidence. Hernandez is in the middle of the worst charge possible. Obstruction is the tip of the iceberg. He can also be charged with conspiracy to commit Murder 1, Manslaughter, etc, even if he wasn't the trigger man. You're right, no charges. Yet. When the police say "clear", he's in the clear. Hasn't happened, and they keep showing up to his house.

    I'd say all those qualify as major felonies if they're charged.

  18. #1678
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    4,219
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    They make Muscle Milk, the product I believe he directly endorses

    http://www.cytosport.com/products/muscle-milk

  19. #1679
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    You and I would be on much better terms if you actually read my posts and realized I am not defending the mythical Patriot Way, and rather just calling out the absurdity in the generalities you post about the Pats and their fans.


    The Pats do, in fact, run themselves differently from most of the league. BB runs a disciplinarian organization that takes chances on malcontents. Many fail, some have succeeded. If you asked Belichick what the "Patriot Way" means to him in a presser, he'd say, "I have no idea."
    Nice two paragraph snowjob, troll

    In paragraph 1 you say you're not defending the mythical patriot way

    Followed by paragraph 2 in which ypu do back handsprings defending Bill Douchebag and his magical Patriot Waste

    Nice try at deflecting, hypocrite

  20. #1680
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,681
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    If I was the only person who said it, then maybe you'd have an argument. But I saw it from day one. Many others see it too!

    Troll you? LOL you're so full of yourself. And what does me having been banned have to do with anything when I and many others see through you?
    You and your clones are in agreement. And you getting banned soo many times speaks to your judgement.

    I guess I am being holier-than-thou again.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us