Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with DeeDee

can't blame the media for Hernandez murdering some poor guy

the only blame for this goes to Hernandez, Kraft and Belichick

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    “We stayed away,” one unnamed NFL team scout told CBSSports.com, “because we hated the people he hung out with and how trouble always seemed to find this guy.”

Gotta love these "unnamed sources" coming out now to tell the truth about Hernandez, now that someone's dead because of Hernandez's actions.

If there wasn't such hero worship from ESPNBOSTONGLOBECBSNBCABC about the Pats and the Patriot Way perhaps the victim would still be alive.
    I think "home team" (i.e. team in his "hood") is the worst choice for characters like AH. I think places like St. Luis or Dallas, far away from Bristol, Miami and his old "buddies", could be much better places for him then Pasterisks (and Jets and Giants for that matter).

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Are you kidding me? Strip clubs are where Kraft regularly goes shopping for his next wife.
    LMAO.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Fantastic POST!!!!

A year ago it was Rex Ryan was a clown look at how he runs the Jets....

Even last week it was watch how mumbles controls the media...

Now it's the league, the media and the players are responsible!!!

Good Grief!!!
    See the hypocrisy among the NE trolls and media.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    +1,000,000

When certain Jets issues take place (e.g. Braylon's DUI) all we hear from the Pats trolls is "the Jets are a circus" or "this is what you get with a guy like Rex setting the example."

Now all we hear from Pats fans with Hernandez is that this is just one individual, maybe a bad apple. They watch Gronkowski goofing off after a Super Bowl loss or dancing with a broken arm and say, "that's Gronk just being Gronk".

Well maybe it's really showing us what the "Patriot Way" really means. Get low character guys to win at all costs, cover your tracks and delete evidence, but keep smiling and tell the media how classy your organization is.

What a bunch of horsesh1t!

Go Blackhawks!
    The NE trolls silence is deafening. All of a sudden they are no where to be found.

Quote Originally Posted by PaPZ187 View Post
    +1

Its a shame what happened to that man who was killed, regardless who killed him.

But fck the high and mighty, "Rex is to be blamed for all incidents" Past fans hypocrites.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk
    Well said.

“We stayed away,” one unnamed NFL team scout told CBSSports.com, “because we hated the people he hung out with and how trouble always seemed to find this guy.”

Gotta love these "unnamed sources" coming out now to tell the truth about Hernandez, now that someone's dead because of Hernandez's actions.

If there wasn't such hero worship from ESPNBOSTONGLOBECBSNBCABC about the Pats and the Patriot Way perhaps the victim would still be alive.
    Lol, the unnamed sources now hitting the classy NE organization. Oh my....

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I agree with DeeDee

can't blame the media for Hernandez murdering some poor guy

the only blame for this goes to Hernandez, Kraft and Belichick
    As I said yesterday, I want the media to ask the tough questions. I also believe there needs to be a comprehensive NFL investigation into NE. The public deserves to know if the Pats created a culture that contributed to AH's illegal activity. What did Belicheat and Kraft know? This is not an isolated incident as several news stories the past few days demonstrate. The amount of criminal activity and violation of the League's behavior policy that has occurred in NE for the last several years is stunning.

If the NFL refuses to investigate, then maybe a DOJ/congressional investigation is required into this rogue organization not under the antitrust laws but under RICO.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    No doubt the Pats get preferential treatment but you're taking a huge leap there.
    But trouble, often tied to violence, drugs or guns, has never seemed to be far away from Hernandez — starting, some say, after his father, Dennis, died unexpectedly in January 2006.
    We read many a story about Pacman Jones and others who were "thugs" and all of this digging was done into their backgrounds. There's no question that Hernandez, who by my count, has been involved in four incidents (one in college, one in Miami when he shot his homie in the face, one in RI, and now this one) involving guns is as a much a criminal as any of the usual suspects that the NFL and the press trots out as thugs.

I hadn't heard a damn thing about this guy except that he was great guy because he was a Patriot.

Damn right there's a double standard. This guy has blood on his hands and yet he was presented to the public by ESPN and Jim Nance and co. as an altar boy. His "friend" is dead, shot in the face multiple times, and this scumbag is smashing cell phones and wiping his home clean of evidence.

Pacman looks like a model citizen compared to this cold blooded killer.
    Last edited by TheBlairThomasFumble; 06-22-2013 at 12:06 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    We read many a story about Pacman Jones and others who were "thugs" and all of this digging was done into their backgrounds. There's no question that Hernandez, who by my count, has been involved in four incidents (one in college, one in Miami when he shot his homie in the face, one in RI, and now this one) involving guns is as a much a criminal as any of the usual suspects that the NFL and the press trots out as thugs.

I hadn't heard a damn thing about this guy except that he was great guy because he was a Patriot.

Damn right there's a double standard. This guy has blood on his hands and yet he was presented to the public by ESPN and Jim Nance and co. as an altar boy. His "friend" is dead, shot in the face multiple times, and this scumbag is smashing cell phones and wiping his home clean of evidence.

Pacman looks like a model citizen compared to this cold blooded killer.
    Some are comparing this case to Ray Lewis. I think a more appropriate comparison is Ray Carruth. IMO based off of news accounts the past few days, when the facts are established AH's role will be either as the individual who pulled the trigger or, at the very least, a co-conspirator. If that is the case, his playing days are over; and his days enjoying his freedom will be too.

But NE will still be the dominant team with that explosive offense. Afterall, the genius that is Belicheat and O'Brien now have Teblow to replace AH. I hope the Jets defense will be able to stop them. LMAO.
    Last edited by jetssjumets; 06-22-2013 at 12:15 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Some are comparing this case to Ray Lewis. I think a more appropriate comparison is Ray Carruth. IMO based off of news accounts the past few days, when the facts are established AH's role will be either as the individual who pulled the trigger or, at the very least, a co-conspirator. If that is the case, his playing days are over; and his days enjoying his freedom will be too.

But NE will still be the dominant team with that explosive offense. Afterall, the genius that is Belicheat and O'Brien now have Teblow to replace AH. I hope the Jets defense will be able to stop them. LMAO.
    I agree about the killing being closer to the Carruth story than anything Pacman ever did. I meant that there's certain guys (BRAYLON) of a certain shade who get labeled as thugs and yet this white Hispanic Aaron Hernandez got a pass, perhaps because he gave 50k to Myra's fund.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    No doubt the Pats get preferential treatment but you're taking a huge leap there.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's be real here. Up until a week ago, this unnamed source had basically passed up on a stud TE available in the 4th round who has accounted for almost 2000 yards and 18 TDs in 3 seasons. Why would he come out any sooner and say, "hey, we passed up on this guy who turned out to be great and was available in Round 4"? If this crime hadn't happened it looks like a very bad decision to have passed up on the guy.

I agree that everyone likes to come out after the fact and claimed to have known things all along but it's only when it's to their advantage.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    You're right, Ray, the media bias toward the Pats directly contributed to a homicide. It's not at all unreasonable to draw a connection between the two.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Let's be real here. Up until a week ago, this unnamed source had basically passed up on a stud TE available in the 4th round who has accounted for almost 2000 yards and 18 TDs in 3 seasons. Why would he come out any sooner and say, "hey, we passed up on this guy who turned out to be great and was available in Round 4"? If this crime hadn't happened it looks like a very bad decision to have passed up on the guy.

I agree that everyone likes to come out after the fact and claimed to have known things all along but it's only when it's to their advantage.
    I don't disagree with you. But there are certain guys who are labeled as "troubled" or of questionable character, and despite the fact that Hernandez was always around drugs and guns, this was never discussed. Why?

Remember, this is a media that DESTROYED the Jets for drafting Geno because he was a diva.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty amazing in this day that a star player could shoot a dude in the face and not even get a blip on the radar screen. This story only came out because of the current investigation.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    I was thinking the same exact thing, this thread sure took a wrong turn somewhere.
    I think it was around the time Mainejet lost his mind and shot up a courtroom of lawyers and judges...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Pretty amazing in this day that a star player could shoot a dude in the face and not even get a blip on the radar screen. This story only came out because of the current investigation.
    I'm sure if a jets player shot somebody's eye out it would be plastered everywhere

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking that the shooting in the face could have something to do with the murder, maybe there was a negotiation going on and the murdered dude was the shootee's go between, Ya never know

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    I'm sure if a jets player shot somebody's eye out it would be plastered everywhere
    I don't buy it. Florida cops and reporters are all pats fans ?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    THEY'RE EVERYWHERE

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    The victim wouldn't press charges at the time of the incident so it was dropped.. Now he's suing in a civil case for cash..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't disagree with you. But there are certain guys who are labeled as "troubled" or of questionable character, and despite the fact that Hernandez was always around drugs and guns, this was never discussed. Why?

Remember, this is a media that DESTROYED the Jets for drafting Geno because he was a diva.
    I don't know how much time they spent discussing Goodson when he was picked up drunk on the highway, but I recall when Braylon got his DUI it was non-stop on sports radio, solid coverage 24/7. You could tell they were running out of stuff to say about it and were literally repeating the same thing every hour. It was as if there was absolutely nothing else going on in the sports world at the time. You would have thought he had killed someone. And in fact - someone has! And it is barely being touched in the broadcast media! It is vile and shocking.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    No arrest yet.

so looks like the obstruction threat was to try and get AH to talk.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    At least the media has stopped referring to his house as a 'mansion'. That's just your average overblown suburban monstrosity.