Page 100 of 169 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 3377

Thread: Patriots* Aaron Hernandez questioned then charged with murder. MERGED

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Coming from a Jets fan who want's to convict Hernadez of murder in order to keep him from catching passes for his hated rivals.
    just interested in justice being done. A guy was murdered by somebody. No way it should be swept under the rug like Goodell did with spygate just because North Attleboro is in the land of Ma$$holes

Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    Judge can seal it if there are filings that will compromise the investigation
    And especially future trial. No one wants AH attorney to scream about unfair trail because of investigation leaks to thr public.

Jets Insider VIP
    I see we've now entered the Reagan years with the number of posts in this thread. Sheebus Christmas!

Ironically, this one thread has more posts than Borgo does! (Did?)

On snap!

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    just interested in justice being done. A guy was murdered by somebody. No way it should be swept under the rug like Goodell did with spygate just because North Attleboro is in the land of Ma$$holes
    If it turns out to not be Hernadez you're good with him playing TE for the Pats this year? You seemed to imply he was guilty of cold blooded murder. He might well be but we don't know that yet.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    I see we've now entered the Reagan years with the number of posts in this thread. Sheebus Christmas!

Ironically, this one thread has more posts than Borgo does! (Did?)

On snap!

LOL

Not cool brah!

ok yeah it was

Jets Insider VIP
    If it turns out to not be Hernadez you're good with him playing TE for the Pats this year? You seemed to imply he was guilty of cold blooded murder. He might well be but we don't know that yet.
    you're right Winton, he's probably pure as driven snow. Innocent guys like him always destroy their surveillance system, smash their cell phones and hire a cleaning firm to scour away any forensic evidence the day after a guy riding in his car turns up shot to death and thrown in a ditch.

You're right, Winton,

INNOCENT -- a frame up for sure

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    you're right Winton, he's probably pure as driven snow. Innocent guys like him always destroy their surveillance system, smash their cell phones and hire a cleaning firm to scour away any forensic evidence the day after a guy riding in his car turns up shot to death and thrown in a ditch.

You're right, Winton,

INNOCENT -- a frame up for sure
    Pretty hard to claim a frame up when no charges have been filed. I don't think there is any basis for you to claim he is being framed.

Even if he is not charged with murder, if he is charged with obstruction of justice of a murder investigation, he is not playing football this year.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Even if he is not charged with murder, if he is charged with obstruction of justice of a murder investigation, he is not playing football this year.
    Agreed "IF" he isn't. He hasn't been charged with anything "yet".

Personally I don't think the NFL should suspend on charges it should suspend on conviction.
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 06-25-2013 at 10:11 PM.

Personally I don't think the NFL should suspend on charges it should suspend on conviction.
    I agree, but "obstruction of justice" in a murder case is a very serious charge. He would probably be released on very high bail (he probably would make bail), but given what he would be accused of, even if Goodell lets him play (doubtful) it would be a huge distraction.

Similar to the vehicular homicide charges against Joshua Brent of the Cowboys, he hasn't been convicted of anything but he couldn't play at the end of last season.

I agree, but "obstruction of justice" in a murder case is a very serious charge. He would probably be released on very high bail (he probably would make bail), but given what he would be accused of, even if Goodell lets him play (doubtful) it would be a huge distraction.

Similar to the vehicular homicide charges against Joshua Brent of the Cowboys, he hasn't been convicted of anything but he couldn't play at the end of last season.
    I agree, I'm waiting to see if he's actually charged. It will be interesting to see what he is charged with and what the league does if he is or isn't charged. If he isn't charged and the league suspends I suspect most Pat fans will be irritated and most Jets fans happy. I'm not so sure the Union will like it.

Veteran
    Who is the circus now? Dennard gets jail time for assaulting a police officer, now this? I can't wait to see what else comes out.

I agree, I'm waiting to see if he's actually charged. It will be interesting to see what he is charged with and what the league does if he is or isn't charged. If he isn't charged and the league suspends I suspect most Pat fans will be irritated and most Jets fans happy. I'm not so sure the Union will like it.
    If he isn't charged with a crime, Goodell most likely still will be able to invoke the "conduct clause" depending on what he actually did. But I would think at a minimum, simply by being associated with a criminal element of people (a murder was committed) I think he would get a suspension much like Ben Roethlisberger received.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Somebody has a Judge on Duty...that's what it means.

Judge Duty. Servin Up teh Rich Justice. Thank goodness
    Yep. Meanwhile #hernandezisinnocent is trending on twitter. Kraft's fingerprints are all over this investigation.

Jets Insider VIP
    Documents sealed in hernandez case:
    http://msn.foxsports.com/topics/devi...e.htm?m_n=true

Godell and bellichek must have demand they seal the documents. Probably been destroyed already too.

Uh oh! This is serious lawyering up.

Patriots’ Aaron Hernandez paid a visit by high-powered defense attorney James L. Sultan at home

Sultan has been co-counsel with Michael Fee, an attorney with the firm of Ropes & Gray, since Hernandez sought representation as police continue to investigate Hernandez's possible role in the homicide of 27-year-old Odin Lloyd.

By Kevin Armstrong / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Tuesday, June 25, 2013, 8:17 PM

Jared Wickerham/Getty Images

Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez lets this one slip through his fingers.

Related Stories

NORTH ATTLEBORO, Mass. - There was a new face at New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez's house Tuesday afternoon.
    James L. Sultan, a prominent defense attorney, paid a visit to Hernandez's residence for about 30 minutes.
    Sultan's profile on his firm's website noted that "some of his most recent successes include appellate reversals of first degree murder convictions." Those cases were in 2011 and 2012.
    Sultan has been co-counsel with Michael Fee, an attorney with the firm of Ropes & Gray, since Hernandez sought representation as police continue to investigate Hernandez's possible role in the homicide of 27-year-old Odin Lloyd.
    The investigation is in its second week, and no charges have been filed. A clerk from the Attleboro District Court said that documents related to the ongoing investigation have been impounded.
    Police have executed two search warrants at Hernandez's house and have sought evidence in the surrounding neighborhood, wading through a stream and sifting through high grass.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz2XHy86URs

OH MY, Po' Po' Aaron, a person of color, victimized by society! I, and the Monte Poole Bay Area News. demand that everyone on this site stop being mean to this po' boy!

"He is a weather vane, telling us which way the wind is blowing."

Poole: Aaron Hernandez's legal woes a sign of troubling times
    By Monte Poole Bay Area News Groupcontracostatimes.com
    Posted: 06/25/2013 07:06:05 PM PDT
    June 26, 2013 3:16 AM GMTUpdated: 06/25/2013 08:16:23 PM PDT

It could be any NFL star, a 49er or a Raider, holing up inside his mansion, peeping through blinds as squad cars and news vans descend. For now, only New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez is under the national microscope.

One of his acquaintances, a man named Odin Lloyd, was shot to death last week, and evidence links the men during Lloyd's final hours. Hernandez's recent actions have been, um, suspicious. He is being investigated as "a person of interest."

We might want to resist the temptation to isolate Hernandez from his peers and instead consider his predicament a cry in harmony with that emitted by Jovan Belcher, the Kansas Chiefs linebacker who committed murder-suicide last fall.

Hernandez, 23, is more than a man at the crossroads. He is a sign of times during which guns are rampant, athletes are compelled to own them and gang culture -- particularly among men of color -- shapes youth more pervasively than a pro athlete.
    "Hernandez is a marker. He alone is not the problem. He alone is not the issue," said Dr. Harry Edwards, the noted sports sociologist who is a consultant for the 49ers.

"He is a weather vane, telling us which way the wind is blowing."

It's storming in America, and millionaire athletes have little more protection than the rest of us. The NFL, especially, is facing a Category 5 hurricane, contending with concussions, related lawsuits, domestic violence, substance abuse, bullying and sexuality.

The league is now in midst of its annual rookie symposium, wherein it devotes a full week to preparing its newest prospects for life in the NFL. Adam "Pacman" Jones and Maurice Clarett are among those who share wayward experiences.

Consider the symposium a "scared straight" approach to those more accustomed to muscles than money.

Yet nothing engages folks as well as reality, in real time, which brings us back to Hernandez.

Again, he has not been charged and arrested. He is in trouble, however, and is behaving as if he has something to hide. He reportedly destroyed his home security system, had his attorney deliver a shattered cell phone to the cops and also had his home thoroughly cleaned shortly after Lloyd's death -- perhaps before his dumped body, with a bullet wound to the head, was found by a jogger.

Hernandez also is facing a civil suit from a former friend who claims the tight end shot him in the face earlier this year.

Hernandez is precisely the kind of at-risk rookie the symposium hopes to address. He was considered first-round talent, winning as a junior at Florida the John Mackey Award as the nation's top collegiate tight end. He was projected to go in the second or third round because of character concerns; he reportedly fought a bouncer as a freshman and failed at least one drug test. Some NFL scouts perceived anger issues, some questioned his maturity and others wondered whether he had gang ties.
    New England in 2010 drafted Hernandez in Round 4. He has paid off on the field, teaming with Rob Gronkowski to give the Patriots the best one-two punch in the league.

Off the field, some wondered about Hernandez's friends. And on one occasion, Hernandez reportedly blew up and physically threatened then-teammate Wes Welker.

Yet the Patriots last summer signed Hernandez to a five-year extension worth as much as $40 million.

And now his career, and perhaps his freedom, is in peril.
    "This could bring the whole Ray Lewis thing back into focus," Edwards said, referring to the 2000 trial in which the former Baltimore Ravens linebacker plea-bargained out of a murder case. "On some level, it's good to revisit that kind of situation. It forces us to deal with where we're headed as a society. How lucky we have been dodging bullets on the broader issue, as related to our sports institutions.

"We won't be lucky enough to keep dodging those bullets."
    Edwards knows the landscape, having been a college athlete in the 1960s and an activist for 50 years. In his fourth decade working with the 49ers, he's intimately familiar with those cases involving NFL players and violence, including those involving guns.

"We have to look at the circumstances from which these young men are from," Edwards said. "So many of these guys, the first thing they do after they get a contract is find a place to live and buy a car. And the third thing they get is a gun."

Studies show most NFL players own guns. Hernandez, believed to own several, is being sued for shooting one man and is under scrutiny in the execution-style death of another.

Sadly, there is no reason to believe there won't be others who follow this path, maybe more than we care to imagine.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/brea...roubling-times
    Last edited by JetsNeedNewton; 06-25-2013 at 11:47 PM.

LOL... He won't be playing in the NFL anytime soon. Destroying evidence in a murder investigation is kind of a big deal.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I get why they do though.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

He won't be playing, well not in the NFL.

2K!!!!