Page 110 of 169 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 3377

Thread: Patriots* Aaron Hernandez questioned then charged with murder. MERGED

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by RussianGreen View Post
    Well, for a 4th rounder to produced quite well, so drafting him was a decent decision.
    Resigning this alleged murderer to a huge contract was not.
    Yeah, because winning nothing, having your org embarrassed, having your legacy and motives questioned, losing the guaranteed money and having it's cap hit accelerated was a sound decision given the warning signs.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Hey, if stallworth can flat out run over someone and play again, I can't see why this guy can't either. My guess is a conspiracy murder charge 3-5, out in 2.

That's too bad he was a thug. I really liked Hernandez. Coulda been great.
    Not even close to the same thing.

Whatever flat out run over someone means

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    By releasing Aaron Hernandez today, Patriots have waived all rights to recoup bonus money or salary through the CBA.

Jets Insider VIP
    so he'll be remanded to custody after the arraignment, it seems

arraigned for obstruction of justice, you post bail, you go home

arraigned for premeditated murder, you get remanded and go to jail

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Yeah, because winning nothing, having your org embarrassed, having your legacy and motives questioned, losing the guaranteed money and having it's cap hit accelerated was a sound decision given the warning signs.
    Serious, albeit bias and uninformed question, is it possible Goodell forgives the cap hit?

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    With rooks you take a leap of faith, so to speak. Yes, if rookie will end as malcontent, it stains you franchise, but definitely not as much as a player you are SIGNING to a huge contract after several years. They knew who they deal with, he was with them for years- and they choose to sign him. Patriots Way, the way of cheaters and scumbags - and now murderers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    Trying to find a silver lining for Pats fans? I'm sure you were disappointed that he was arrested.
    Sure it's been a great week for Jets fans, Hernandez may have killed someone. Why not throw them a bone?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

How is manslaughter the same as cold blooded murder?

Stallworth had too much to drink, got in a car, and accidently ran over a guy who according to reports was basically walking in the middle of the street.

Hernandez and the rest of his buds lead a guy out into the middle of an industrial yard and put a bullett in his face.

Pretty big difference if you ask me.
    I agree, the "intent" is miles apart in these two cases, but I'm going to go and speculate that Hernandez isn't the one who killed him, but aided those who did. Still horrible, but i'm guessing he'll come out of this somehow in a few years and plead I've changed, i want to play again.
    Last edited by Paradis; 06-26-2013 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    That became clearer with each subsequent search of AH's home and property.
    +1

Just my opinion. Subject to being confirmed at 1400 today.

Ross Tucker @RossTuckerNFL
    NFL teams have security departments that are VERY connected to local authorities so Pats likely know more than we do

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk
    Source with direct knowledge of Hernandez situation tells us: "Assume the worst."
    Looks like AH pulled the trigger. Yikes

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SINYJets View Post
    Serious, albeit bias and uninformed question, is it possible Goodell forgives the cap hit?
    LOL..... FVCK NO!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    My guess is nothing is going to come of this.
    Post 32 of the thread.

Remind me not to take you to Vegas!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SINYJets View Post
    If he does, the Jets should off Holmes and frame Sanchez for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Family of Odin Lloyd has arrived at the courthouse and Bristol County House Of Correction says they will hold Aaron Hernandez after his arraignment this afternoon.

might this men that the prosecutor will push extremely hard for the judge to disallow bail?
    According to Mass law, the media is saying that assuming he is charged with murder, the prosecutor would likely push for NO bail allowed. Only in the case of murder can no bail be requested.

Hall Of Fame
    I agree, the "intent" is miles apart in these two cases, but I'm going to go and speculate that Hernandez isn't the whole you killed him, but aided those who did. Still horrible, but i'm guessing he'll come out of this somehow in a few years and plead I've changed, i want to play again.
    I don't think so... Seems a lot like he's going away on murder 1 premeditated with the way LE/DA is acting and what they're saying.
    I'm guessing he didn't do as well of a job destroying the evidence as he thought. Or maybe he's TRULY that arrogant a scumbag

I agree, the "intent" is miles apart in these two cases, but I'm going to go and speculate that Hernandez isn't the whole you killed him, but aided those who did. Still horrible, but i'm guessing he'll come out of this somehow in a few years and plead I've changed, i want to play again.
    If he knowingly aided in a premeditated murder he should be treated exactly the same as the one who pulled the trigger.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    I don't think so... Seems a lot like he's going away on murder 1 premeditated with the way LE/DA is acting and what they're saying.
    I'm guessing he didn't do as well of a job destroying the evidence as he thought. Or maybe he's TRULY that arrogant a scumbag
    That would surprise me. I got the sense he was associated with those who did, and probably got involved after the fact, but I guess we'll find out.
    Last edited by Paradis; 06-26-2013 at 01:21 PM.

All Pro
    Plus there's the OJ matter on whether they'll actually be able to get a guilty verdict.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    I don't get this either, there's a big difference between a car accident that resulted in a death of a passenger (especially where there was a public request by the victim's mother for the team to stand by him) and a murder.
    THIS

WTF!