Page 85 of 169 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 3377

Thread: Patriots* Aaron Hernandez questioned then charged with murder. MERGED

  1. #1681
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    The investigation isn't over. Warrants cannot be had without proper evidence. Hernandez is in the middle of the worst charge possible. Obstruction is the tip of the iceberg. He can also be charged with conspiracy to commit Murder 1, Manslaughter, etc, even if he wasn't the trigger man. You're right, no charges. Yet. When the police say "clear", he's in the clear. Hasn't happened, and they keep showing up to his house.

    I'd say all those qualify as major felonies if they're charged.
    In all fairness, I think he was talking about Goodson, not AH.

  2. #1682
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,132
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    That's what I'm saying. I can't speak for the rest of us, but I personally fear Brady way more than I do Hernandez.
    No doubt Brady can make chicken salad out of chicken sh-t but Welker had the talent before Brady that's why BB gave up a 2nd and 7th pick to the Fins for him..

  3. #1683
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,094
    I hear AH may lose his Smith & Wesson endorsement next.

  4. #1684
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,094
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    You and your clones are in agreement. And you getting banned soo many times speaks to your judgement.

    I guess I am being holier-than-thou again.
    Nope, just your usual pat fan self. Like every other day.

  5. #1685
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bayonne, NJ
    Posts
    2,878
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    This should actually start hitting home with many people.

    Do bad stuff, and lose out on opportunities.

    It may be a little premature until we know what actually happened/the exact truth, but it's probably not going to surprise anyone.
    I seriously doubt that. Everyday there is a report on some professional athlete beating their wife/girl friend, drugs, DUI, guns, late night club activity.... the list goes on and on. Keeping in mind that the intelligence level of many of these jocks is bordering on zero. They got their money and where they are because of athletics, not because they learned anything in a classroom setting. Many were in trouble along the way, but too often they are taken care of and covered by their rec coach, HS coach, college officials and the communities for the sake of victory.

  6. #1686
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,094
    This has been a really good two weeks or so.for the loyal and passionate Jet fans here at the great JI and everywhere.

    Minicamp and getting to see the beginning of the nice foundation of younger faster talent John Idzik and Rex are building

    And then watching Satanchick's evil empire and phony Patriot Way bs in Sucksboro begin its final crumbling with 1) signing up the Tebow and his braindead cult of followers 2) bimbo chasing Kraft indian giving the tainted stolen ring he gifted to Putin 3) Gronkjuicesky back in the OR for back surgery, his fourth or maybe fifth operation in just this off-season and 4) Murderer81 about to be hauled in in handcuffs and shackles and a Rae Carruth-like ending to his football career

    All good and probably getting better. ..Stay tuned

  7. #1687
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,329
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    You and I would be on much better terms if you actually read my posts and realized I am not defending the mythical Patriot Way, and rather just calling out the absurdity in the generalities you post about the Pats and their fans.


    The Pats do, in fact, run themselves differently from most of the league. BB runs a disciplinarian organization that takes chances on malcontents. Many fail, some have succeeded. If you asked Belichick what the "Patriot Way" means to him in a presser, he'd say, "I have no idea."
    So which is it?

    The mythical Patriot way? Or that they are run differently than other teams?

    Or that you have no idea?

  8. #1688
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,132
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet View Post
    I seriously doubt that. Everyday there is a report on some professional athlete beating their wife/girl friend, drugs, DUI, guns, late night club activity.... the list goes on and on. Keeping in mind that the intelligence level of many of these jocks is bordering on zero. They got their money and where they are because of athletics, not because they learned anything in a classroom setting. Many were in trouble along the way, but too often they are taken care of and covered by their rec coach, HS coach, college officials and the communities for the sake of victory.
    +1 Not many Pro players were members of the chess club in HS..

  9. #1689
    Quote Originally Posted by MykePM View Post
    Yes, but the Jets don't hold themselves up on a pedestal for their high moral character. That's why we've seen the term "Patriots Way" mentioned 1000 times in this thread. The hypocrisy of a team that has a long history of cheating and other dubious acts by the owners, coaches, and players is being exposed now in a way that can't be glorified or swept under the carpet by their fans and members of the media who love them - although it seems many are still trying by downplaying the incident.
    good point

  10. #1690
    When is Outside the Lines going to cover this? Bob Lea and co. can dedicate 30 minutes to bad sportsmanship in youth sports but apparently covering a murder by a thug from Bristol is not newsworthy for ESPN, a Kraft and Brady loving company based in Bristol.

    I'm guessing driving across town to interview people who knew Hernandez when he was a 16 yr old gangbanger would just hurt the Pats brand too much.

  11. #1691
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    No. Ray just trolls me really hard. Not even he is ignorant enough to hold the media responsible for a murder.



    Keep telling yourself that and maybe it will become true. How many times have you been banned? Speaks for itself.
    So what if Ray Ray has been banned several times? He still is one of the best posters on this site. His passion and knowledge for NYJ football is exactly why some of us, myself included, are here on JI.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    LOL!

    Hell of a series! GREAT playoffs all around.

    Bruins are the only legit Boston team out there. They are not better than the Hawks
    Yes indeed. One of the best Stanley Cup finals that I can remember. Go Hawks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    And now they are a complete circus!
    Exactly. Alhough the biased media certainly is labeling them that, yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    The investigation isn't over. Warrants cannot be had without proper evidence. Hernandez is in the middle of the worst charge possible. Obstruction is the tip of the iceberg. He can also be charged with conspiracy to commit Murder 1, Manslaughter, etc, even if he wasn't the trigger man. You're right, no charges. Yet. When the police say "clear", he's in the clear. Hasn't happened, and they keep showing up to his house.

    I'd say all those qualify as major felonies if they're charged.
    Agree. Yet, some Pat fans think AH may still play for NE. I don't see it. Even if only the obstruction charge, I think his playing days are over. He will be doing several years of time in the bighouse, then add on the NFL suspension. If Mike Vick was out of the NFL for 3 years due to dog fighting, I think murder or obstruction of justice in a murder case will require more time. But I am just giving my opinion as I am not a criminal lawyer.

  12. #1692
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    When is Outside the Lines going to cover this? Bob Lea and co. can dedicate 30 minutes to bad sportsmanship in youth sports but apparently covering a murder by a thug from Bristol is not newsworthy for ESPN, a Kraft and Brady loving company based in Bristol.

    I'm guessing driving across town to interview people who knew Hernandez when he was a 16 yr old gangbanger would just hurt the Pats brand too much.
    Wow, are you serious? I would've bet the house that the AH developing case would be the lead story on OTL today. If this doesn't show the bias of the media, in particular ESPATSN, I don't know what does.

  13. #1693
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    The investigation isn't over. Warrants cannot be had without proper evidence. Hernandez is in the middle of the worst charge possible. Obstruction is the tip of the iceberg. He can also be charged with conspiracy to commit Murder 1, Manslaughter, etc, even if he wasn't the trigger man. You're right, no charges. Yet. When the police say "clear", he's in the clear. Hasn't happened, and they keep showing up to his house.

    I'd say all those qualify as major felonies if they're charged.
    I was referring to the Goodson issue, seems some here even Jets fans think he is charged with DUI, not the case as he was an out cold to the world passenger. Also the alleged gun charge, which in this case the driver has admitted was his and not Goodson. That should negate the Grand Jury from bring back an indictment on that charge as well. So that leaves the herb charge, which in this case was small amount for personal use. So a minor charge for possession, which should result in fine by the state and one game suspension by the NFL and mandatory drug program and testing.
    The only felonies in Goodson case are on the driver and up in New England involving a MURDER by a Pats player.

  14. #1694
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Wow, are you serious? I would've bet the house that the AH developing case would be the lead story on OTL today. If this doesn't show the bias of the media, in particular ESPATSN, I don't know what does.
    Unless I missed it, ESPNPATS OTL has not covered it.

  15. #1695
    Just googled outside the lines and Aaron Hernandez. No hits.

  16. #1696
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Wow, are you serious? I would've bet the house that the AH developing case would be the lead story on OTL today. If this doesn't show the bias of the media, in particular ESPATSN, I don't know what does.
    I think you need a hobby or something- it's a beautiful weekend yet a quick scroll through this thread reveals that you and SG3 ( who gets a special needs pass) have done nothing but play ringmaster on this thread for the better part of the last two days (nevermind that there have been absolutely no concrete developments and you write the same thing over and over).

    Are you going to need a padded room when, despite all this, the Pats still kick the crap out of us two times this year?

  17. #1697
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyM View Post
    I think you need a hobby or something- it's a beautiful weekend yet a quick scroll through this thread reveals that you and SG3 ( who gets a special needs pass) have done nothing but play ringmaster on this thread for the better part of the last two days (nevermind that there have been absolutely no concrete developments and you write the same thing over and over).

    Are you going to need a padded room when, despite all this, the Pats still kick the crap out of us two times this year?
    GFY troll.

    If I want to play ringmaster to your circus in this thread, I have every right to do so as a JI subscriber -- unlike you prick. Furthermore, thanks for the weather forecast. You know what you can do with it.....shove it up your ...!

    Just so you know, I am getting great personal satisfaction by the AH story and will continue to post. Here's hoping that gangbanging thug is arrested today...slow news and sports day....so it gets maximum media coverage. Let the world see "the Patriot Way."

    Now, gfy.....

    P.S. Besides game threads, the few AH threads have been the most I have posted. Must tell you how much I am enjoying the circus up in NE.
    Last edited by jetssjumets; 06-23-2013 at 10:31 AM. Reason: PS

  18. #1698
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    I was referring to the Goodson issue, seems some here even Jets fans think he is charged with DUI, not the case as he was an out cold to the world passenger. Also the alleged gun charge, which in this case the driver has admitted was his and not Goodson. That should negate the Grand Jury from bring back an indictment on that charge as well. So that leaves the herb charge, which in this case was small amount for personal use. So a minor charge for possession, which should result in fine by the state and one game suspension by the NFL and mandatory drug program and testing.
    The only felonies in Goodson case are on the driver and up in New England involving a MURDER by a Pats player.
    If the facts are set forth (and I believe they are) then your analysis is well reasoned. Although stupid Goodson should come away without significant
    damage.

    Hernandez on the other hand (following a significant negative history) appears to be headed to deep doodoo.

  19. #1699

    Not looking good for AH.....

    Search yields apparent “evidence bags” from Hernandez’s home

    Posted by Mike Florio on June 23, 2013, 7:49 AM EDT

    AP

    When police showed up at the home of Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez on Saturday, one possibility became that the authorities were executing the reported “paper” warrant for his arrest on obstruction of justice charges. It quickly became obvious that there were too many cops for something that simple.

    As explained by the Boston Herald, the authorities engaged in a multi-hour search of the Hernandez property, scouring the house, cars, and even a “playhouse” (which some reporters described as a doghouse) on the lawn.

    The search included multiple K-9 units and a locksmith. Per the Herald, police left with what appeared to be multiple evidence bags. FOX 25 in Boston described them as large brown bags, pegging the amount at “several.”

    More than a dozen state police officers were on the Hernandez property for roughly four total hours.

    The search arises from the murder of 27-year-old Odin Lloyd. Video evidence reportedly shows Lloyd and Hernandez together last Sunday night/Monday morning. On Monday afternoon, Lloyd’s body was found in an industrial park close to the Hernandez home.

    Police reportedly believe Hernandez destroyed his cell phone and his surveillance system, which has led to reports he’ll be charged at a minimum with obstructing justice in a murder probe.

    The NFL and the Patriots have remained quiet on the matter. Hernandez went to the team facility on Thursday, but he was asked to leave, reportedly due to concerns that his presence would spark a “media stakeout” at Patriots headquarters.

  20. #1700
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,094
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyM View Post
    I think you need a hobby or something- it's a beautiful weekend yet a quick scroll through this thread reveals that you and SG3 ( who gets a special needs pass) have done nothing but play ringmaster on this thread for the better part of the last two days (nevermind that there have been absolutely no concrete developments and you write the same thing over and over).

    Are you going to need a padded room when, despite all this, the Pats still kick the crap out of us two times this year?
    ban

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us