Page 82 of 169 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 3377

Thread: Patriots* Aaron Hernandez questioned then charged with murder. MERGED

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    yeah, I posted that yesterday. That forum is absolutely the worst. Collective intelligence of a door knob. No wonder why so many Pats fans flock to JI. Patsfans.com is an absolute joke. Crappiest forum on the web.
    +1. Lol that some people over there want him on the team even if he's convicted of obstruction or murder.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    This is what I see:

If they only had obstruction, and nothing else on the radar, they'd arrest him. 1. To get it done ASAP, 2. To have him roll on the bigger fish.

The fact that he's not in cuffs denotes that 1. There's not enough evidence for an obstruction charge even, or 2. He's more involved than just obstruction, and they know this.

What happened to the other two? Someone killed Lloyd. Are the other two guys arrested? Nobody's even talking about them. Police have done well to not discuss/reveal their intentions regarding the other two. A minor comment here or there.

Somebody's talking, IMO. Police know what happened, and are trying to line up/find damaging evidence.

I've done this many times. This is what's happening. Whether they're successful?
    I love this post. I suck at thinking through these things but appreciate those who do it well

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    I love this post. I suck at thinking through these things but appreciate those who do it well
    No homo, by the way

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    YOUR PASTS* ARE A CIRCUS!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    Bravo. That one should score you some points with the brigade.

You guys should really quit while your're ahead. You have really milked this for all it is worth. You guys are writing a lot of checks now that the rest of us are going to have to pay for if we get spanked Week 2 b.c the majority of you guys will be nowhere to be found if that happens.

Pats are going through a terrible off season. I happen to think the owner, HC and QB (to a lesser extent) are scum. But that don't count for sh*t on a football field. And as long as Brady is taking snaps for the Pats they will never be a circus. Circuses do not win 12 games a year and dominate a division for over a decade.

I would love nothing more than to sh*t on the Pats but fact is we are 0-4 over the past two years with two incredibly embarrassing losses at home, one of which that included an all-time folly. That makes it really hard for me to knock the Pats.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthier View Post
    For a 4th round pick he played some good seasons for us. That being said I want him off the team now. Unless by some crazy scenario where he is not guilty in all of this (can't fathom it) I don't want the thug on the team I root for.

He is a total moron for involving himself with these kind of people and throwing it away like this. It's always astounding to me how guys who have so much to lose do such stupid things. All he had to do was play football, go home to his kid and girlfriend and enjoy them and stay out of trouble, but no he had to be an idiot. See ya AHern...You're talented as hell, but don't have a lick of sense it seems.
    Agree completely. Good post.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    +1. Lol that some people over there want him on the team even if he's convicted of obstruction or murder.
    So if this were Mangold, JI would be in universal agreement calling for him to be canned immediately?

P.S. I am NOT in favor of keeping Hernandez, but it's absurd to think that one fanbase is any different from another. You'd get similar reactions from just about any team's fans.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 06-22-2013 at 10:16 PM.

BTW, if the jets fan who did this to Hernandez is on this board, please come forward so I can personally congratulate you.

<NFL.com's Ian Rapoport on Thursday obtained a May incident report involving New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez. According to the report, a New York Jets fan confronted Aaron Hernandez in Providence, R.I., and officers were called to disperse the gathering crowd. Hernandez was trying to walk away, the report stated, but the man kept taunting him.>

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    So if this were Mangold, JI would be in universal agreement calling for him to be canned immediately?

P.S. I am NOT in favor of keeping Hernandez, but it's absurd to think that one fanbase is any different from another. You'd get similar reactions from just about any team's fans.
    I think you're right but I hope we never find out.

If you're asking me if Mangold was charged with obstruction in a murder case or murder, would nearly everyone on this board want him gone, I'd say yes.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Circuses do not win 12 games a year and dominate a division for over a decade.
    No, but Circuses* do.

Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Thanks. I thought there was some reporting requirement but was not sure given that laws change from state-to-state, not to mention criminal law is not my specialty.

If a healthcare professional is required to notify law enforcement how is it possible that an individual can be shot in the eye (assuming that AH or anyone that was with him that night) and not receive immediate medical attention? That's a very serious injury given that it blinded the victim. In fact, I would argue, any eye injury is serious...but a gunshot wound!

Maybe someone here on JI who is familiar with the local laws of Florida can provide some insight? I am really puzzled about this development that no one in the media is asking the tought questions like:

1. Which hospital or urgent care center was the victim treated at
    2. How come there is no police record on file assuming that the victim received medical attention (once again, we are talking about a gunshot wound to the eye not a slip and fall where the victim's knee was scraped)
    3. Was local law enforcement in FL aware of this incident?
    4. Was the NE Patriots management aware and involved in any manner to cover it up so this key player, with previous character flaws, would not be subjected to any discipline under the League's code of conduct/behavior policy.

I could go on but you get the point. Once again, my point is how there is no police report from someone shot in the eye (very serious injury) where the victim had to lose a tremendous amount of blood -- not a medical expert by any means but common sense tells me that.
    I am not too familiar with the facts of the case other than what has been presented in this forum. That being said, I'll try to shed some light on how it works down here.

If everyone involved in the case stated it was an accidental shooting and there was no physical evidence or suspicious circumstances to prove otherwise, then most likely there would be no further investigation into the incident.

With everything going on regarding the new case, the Florida detective may want to go back and re-interview all of the people involved in the Miami shooting to see if it really was accidental.

If a victim does not want to press charges, even in a shooting, he can either sign a waiver of prosecution, or give a sworn recorded statement stating that he does not wish to press charges. From there it's usually up to department policy as to whether the suspect still gets arrested or not. At the very least, the detective should still write the case up and send it to the State Attorney's Office and let them have the final say whether or not the suspect gets arrested.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

No homo, by the way
    Too late. Just missed the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Awesome post. We should all take note of this. Not everyone is right all the time, and respect for being an adult and listening to what your fellow posters had to say.

Thanks for your kind words. I am certainly not right all of the time, and realize that. Furthermore, I do know that my tone towards the NE trolls is not respectable. While it is not personal, some of them, no need to call names, can just be so annoying.

Again, I apologize to AFCE fan and admit my error. I guess not all trolls are the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthier View Post
    For a 4th round pick he played some good seasons for us. That being said I want him off the team now. Unless by some crazy scenario where he is not guilty in all of this (can't fathom it) I don't want the thug on the team I root for.

He is a total moron for involving himself with these kind of people and throwing it away like this. It's always astounding to me how guys who have so much to lose do such stupid things. All he had to do was play football, go home to his kid and girlfriend and enjoy them and stay out of trouble, but no he had to be an idiot. See ya AHern...You're talented as hell, but don't have a lick of sense it seems.
    This is the first time I noticed your posts. Another NE troll; however, your post is a very good one. Separates you from your colleagues. Thank you for a level-headed response to a serious, and sad, situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    Wow! What a long thread. It took me a couple of days to get through it all.

Here are the thoughts of this Pats fan;

If the Pats offense is as difficult to pick up as some say it is, how did Hernandez pick it up. He's coming across as being as dumb as a box of rocks.

I think some of the other stories about Hernandez could be coming to light to try to influence Emperor Goodell. If he only gets charged with obstruction and has nothing else on his record, he may be able to miss a year or less and be back.

The Pats gambled on Hernandez and lost. It's that simple.

How is it that Pats fans are trolls for posting here but if they aren't they're hiding and some of you want them here to take their "medicine"? Either you want us posting here or not. Make up your minds.
    He is dumb as a box of rocks. So you are comparing a player's ability to grasp plays vs. real life decision-making?

As your fellow Pats fan posted, I agree, AH just threw a lucrative career away that came with celebrity status and all the benefits society bestows on superstar athletes. Blessed with an opportunity of a lifetime, that dope (AH) will now sacrifice his freedom and all the enjoyments a superstar athlete receives.

In regards to him missing only a year, I know that is what you are hoping for but that's wishful thinking. Even if it is only obstruction of justice, this is a murder case not a minor white collar crime. He's going to do some time. Add the NFL suspension, and I don't see him on an NFL field for the next 4 years at least. Again, assuming only obstruction of justice. If more, his career is officially over.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    This has already been discussed in the main thread. He should lose his endorsements even if obstruction remains the top charge. IMO that is bad enough considering the circumstances. But right now the endorsements are the least of his problems.

I am also wondering what Goodell is going to do.
    He's gonna suspend your boy from playing football in Prison.
    But maybe you can still write him love letters?

Jets Insider VIP
    Transalation.... I have a life.

Wrong. Go into the Goodson thread. Read my post where I called for the Jets to cut him immediately. And I was not the only one. Many other Jet fans echoed similar sentiments.

Nice try.

Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Wrong. Go into the Goodson thread. Read my post where I called for the Jets to cut him immediately. And I was not the only one. Many other Jet fans echoed similar sentiments.

Nice try.
    And I think you can see how dumb of a decision that would have been. He was a drunk PASSENGER in a car.

NOT THE DRIVER.

Oh, and nobody was MURDERED

but yes, Jets fans are MUCH smarter and have FAR more character than Pasts* fans

Quote Originally Posted by Scandal26 View Post
    I am not too familiar with the facts of the case other than what has been presented in this forum. That being said, I'll try to shed some light on how it works down here.

If everyone involved in the case stated it was an accidental shooting and there was no physical evidence or suspicious circumstances to prove otherwise, then most likely there would be no further investigation into the incident.

With everything going on regarding the new case, the Florida detective may want to go back and re-interview all of the people involved in the Miami shooting to see if it really was accidental.

If a victim does not want to press charges, even in a shooting, he can either sign a waiver of prosecution, or give a sworn recorded statement stating that he does not wish to press charges. From there it's usually up to department policy as to whether the suspect still gets arrested or not. At the very least, the detective should still write the case up and send it to the State Attorney's Office and let them have the final say whether or not the suspect gets arrested.
    Thank you very much for that info. Wow, for a state like Florida that encourages gun ownership, how dumb is it that a shooting-related incident does not require an extensive investigation by the police, regardless of the victim's wishes! Not to mention no police report. This is shocking to say the least. No wonder there are so many gun-related incidents.

Jets Insider VIP
    the difference is that Mangold is a solid, upstanding, responsible person who is also a terrific football player and there is absolutely no way that he would murder anybody in cold blood, premeditated as your thug Hernandez did less than a week ago.

If the Jets were caught cheating for eight full years, Jet fans would demand that the mastermind of the heinous scandal be immediately fired. Pat turds in exactly that same situation, rose up to cheer the culprit and still revere his stinking cheating butt to this very day.

That's the difference between Jet fans who have been fans of their team for decades and Patriot phonies who jumped aboard the bandwagon with both feet no earlier than January 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    And I think you can see how dumb of a decision that would have been. He was a drunk PASSENGER in a car.

NOT THE DRIVER.

Oh, and nobody was MURDERED

but yes, Jets fans are MUCH smarter and have FAR more character than Pasts* fans
    I respectfully disagree. IMO, the Jets should still cut him. DUI is very serious and the consequences can be deadly. But it is not only the DUI but being in a vehicle with a gun. There is no need for these athletes to behave like gangsters. They are supposed to be professionals. Goodson, like AH, is blessed with a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity most people would die for. With that comes a certain responsibility. While no one was killed nor is his alleged crime even in the same neighborhood as AH, a message needs to be sent to these spoiled athletes. The world does not revolve around them. They also must obey the laws. Just my two cents....