Page 137 of 169 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,740 of 3377

Thread: Patriots* Aaron Hernandez questioned then charged with murder. MERGED

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianGreen View Post
    So they are OK with shooting people, just not killing them outright.
    It is Patriots Way.
    I think they found out stuff they they did not want to know and then I do not think they knew what to do with that information. Essentially you are correct, they made a calculated decision that lack of a criminal charge gave them political cover for not firing his a$$ on the spot.

In a very real sense that lack of action on the part of the Patriots led directly to the chain of events which ended in the execution-style murder of a man. Kraft or Belichick may not have pulled the trigger here but absolutely there is reason to think that there is Patriot culpability.

Quote Originally Posted by RussianGreen View Post
    So they are OK with shooting people, just not killing them outright.
    It is Patriots Way.
    Hernandez should have tried out for the minutemen and showed them "the real patriot way"

Hall Of Fame
    Let's put the question another way.

Does anyone think it is at least possible that if the Patriots had terminated Aaron Hernandez as soon as he they found out about the SHOOTING SOMEONE IN THE FACE incident in February that Odin Lloyd might not still be alive today?

I think that is possible. Very possible. Why would anyone think otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post

Does anyone think it is at least possible that if the Patriots had terminated Aaron Hernandez as soon as he they found out about the SHOOTING SOMEONE IN THE FACE incident in February that Odin Lloyd might not still be alive today?

has it been established that Belichick knew about that incident?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    There was a civil case filed which predated this murder I think.

There was a civil case filed which predated this murder I think.
    2 days before.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    2 days before.
    And the civil case followed an earlier decision by Florida law enforcement not to press criminal charges. In other words how early was it known that there was any kind of a February shooting incident involving Aaron Hernandez?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Not with Gronk's career in question.

As they like to say, they'll do anything, bring anyone in if it helps win a game

And the civil case followed an earlier decision by Florida law enforcement not to press criminal charges. In other words how early was it known that there was any kind of a February shooting incident involving Aaron Hernandez?
    Nope, got that wrong. Law enforcement didn't even know Hernandez was involved. The victim never identified him to the police.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Don't Surf View Post

Hernandez's reaction when Johnny Law shows up at the house.
    LOL. He's not wearing any pants is he? Who answers the door naked?

How would not being on the Patriots stopped AH from killing Odin?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Nope, got that wrong. Law enforcement didn't even know Hernandez was involved. The victim never identified him to the police.
    You can't show up for treatment from a gunshot and not explain how it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    You can't show up for treatment from a gunshot and not explain how it happened.
    He said he was attacked and didn't know who did it. Read the story. It's public info.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFan24 View Post
    This is one of those situations where hindsight bias and confirmation bias converge to form a really silly and illogical conclusion. Obviously we all love for some great conspiracy in which the evil Pats were turning a blind eye to machine gun Kelly running rampant through their locker room but lets look at the facts of where your argument takes us:

1) you are now holding the Patriots to a higher standards than law enforcement. Whether or not he yelled at welker or acted like a thug or there were "rumors" that now inevitably come out after the fact he wasnt arrested for anything. Not even the miami shooting. Given that the suit was dropped its possible the Pats never even knew about any of it along with the rest of the world including the cops who until now couldnt tie him to the 2012 shooting or arresthim for anything else.

2) The Pats drafted him in the 4th round, not the 6th. This idea being leaked by anonymous GMs that he was going to go undrafted is kind of hard to believe in a league with pacman jones and dez bryant and bruce irvin etc. Really even if you assume that 100% of available info about him being involved in a shooting and throwing up gang signs was out there that puts him in a class with about 100 other guys that teams have taken a chance on.

3) the locker room isnt a confessional. As close as these guys may be with each other compared to the public, a guy with serious gang/thug mentality isnt going to open up about it to his teammates. Sure I bet there were moments that in retrospect were eye.opening but theres also a lot of steve smith type hot heads that guys deal with and ignore also. If you look at the way he conducted himself in interviews etc he clearly knew not to go around advertising that he was killing people, as dumb as everything else he did was.

Sorry but occams tells me this is bad luck for the Pats and not much more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    Respectfully disagree.

Here's what his former teammate Matt Light said about him.

“I never talk about other guys, but I will say that I have never embraced—never believed in—anything Aaron Hernandez stood for,” former offensive tackle Matt Light told the Dayton Daily News. Light retired after the 2011 season following 11 years in New England.
    What did did Kraft and Belly know about AH, and when did they know it?

We deserve answers so this never happens again.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post

We deserve answers so this never happens again.

You want answers?!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post

Great, I mean fantastic, post. You are asking all the right questions that the esteemed media should be asking but are not.
    So in this course of logic, his neighbors and fiancee should also be arrested?

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Good question, but we'll never know until the press starts asking hard questions of Kraft and BB.

I've got a new drinking game which is perfect for playing at an AA meeting.

Get those beers iced down and then tell the AA members that they can take a drink each time ESPATS says "Patriots" when reporting on the Hernandez case during any given hour.

Everyone in the room will be stone sober by the time that hour's up.

In the eyes of the Bristol-based ESPATS, their hometown hero AH has nothing to do with the Pats* now that they cut him. Just ask Belly, he'll say he doesn't comment on players not on the roster.

End of story. Nothing to see here! Move along!

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen314 View Post
    So in this course of logic, his neighbors and fiancee should also be arrested?
    Good question about the fiance. Did she know he had killed people and had not told police?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    How would not being on the Patriots stopped AH from killing Odin?
    Honestly I think getting fired would have to be a life-changing event for him. Maybe he makes different and better decisions after that.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

He said he was attacked and didn't know who did it. Read the story. It's public info.
    Then he made up a lot more than just that, they'll want a lot more than saying someone you don't know shot you.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 06-28-2013 at 01:42 PM.