Page 152 of 169 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,040 of 3377

Thread: Patriots* Aaron Hernandez questioned then charged with murder. MERGED

  1. #3021
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    13,230
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    I find your non stop posting about the patriots way stuff to be amusing.

    I find it amusing because it does not impact the game on the field.
    That's a very astute post, Captain OBVIOUS

  2. #3022
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,726
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Probably unrelated, but at this point, who knows.
    Before we learned of the Hernandez investigation tie in broke, we were speculating at work about the crash. (Many of us drive by the crash site everyday)

    Simply put, it is hard to imagine how you could accidentally crash like that. Suicide?




    http://touch.courant.com/#section/22.../p2p-76538479/


    Investigators in the Aaron Hernandez murder case were prepared to interview a Bristol man who was killed in an early Sunday car crash.

    Multiple law enforcement sources said Thaddeus Singleton III, 33, was associated with Hernandez and of interest to investigators. Singleton was killed when the car he was driving flew off the road, split a pole in half and careened into Farmington Country Club. Police said the car was registered to Aaron Hernandez's uncle, who is Singleton's father-in-law.

    His death was ruled an accident, and it is unclear whether he knew of investigators' interest in his connection to the former New England Patriot star tight end, a Bristol native.

    Hernandez last week was charged with first-degree murder in the June 17 shooting death of Odin Lloyd, 27, of Dorchester, Mass. He is being held without bail.

    Hernandez, who was released by the team after his arrest, is one of three suspects, all from Bristol, arrested in connection with the homicide. Carlos Ortiz and Ernest Wallace also have been charged, and prosecutors say they believe they have in custody all three men who were in the car with Lloyd the night he was killed. Lloyd was dating Shaneah Jenkins, the sister of Hernandez's fiancee, Shayanna Jenkins.

    Singleton had been convicted of a number of drug charges in Connecticut, records indicate.

    On Tuesday, an East Hartford man who in a civil lawsuit has charged that Hernandez in February shot him in the eye outside a Florida nightclub, was served an interstate subpoena Tuesday to appear before a Massachusetts grand jury investigating the Hernandez case.

    Sources said investigators are interested in "similarities" between the Alexander Bradley shooting and the shooting death of Lloyd.
    Last edited by Digetydog; 07-02-2013 at 07:26 PM.

  3. #3023
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The 5th Dimension
    Posts
    1,038
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow to the rescue, kind of old but media is feeding it

    http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/...-fight-florida

  4. #3024
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    13,230
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Associated Press


    2012 Boston Double Homicide Is Linked To Hernandez

    By The Associated Press July 2, 2013


    BOSTON — Police in the Connecticut hometown of Aaron Hernandez say Boston authorities have asked for their help with an investigation into a double homicide connected to the former NFL star.

    Hernandez has already been charged with murder in the shooting death of his friend Odin Lloyd. His body was found June 17 near Hernandez’s home in Massachusetts.

    Bristol Police Lt. Kevin Morrell says the request from Boston Police in the double homicide case was based on evidence developed through the investigation of Lloyd’s slaying. He said Tuesday police searched the same home in Bristol for both investigations, and a vehicle was seized at the address on Friday.

    Two people were killed in the shooting in Boston’s South End on July 15, 2012. Boston Police have declined to comment on whether Hernandez is being looked as a possible suspect.

  5. #3025
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,471
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Before we learned of the Hernandez investigation tie in broke, we were speculating at work about the crash. (Many of us drive by the crash site everyday)

    Simply put, it is hard to imagine how you could accidentally crash like that. Suicide?




    http://touch.courant.com/#section/22.../p2p-76538479/


    Investigators in the Aaron Hernandez murder case were prepared to interview a Bristol man who was killed in an early Sunday car crash.

    Multiple law enforcement sources said Thaddeus Singleton III, 33, was associated with Hernandez and of interest to investigators. Singleton was killed when the car he was driving flew off the road, split a pole in half and careened into Farmington Country Club. Police said the car was registered to Aaron Hernandez's uncle, who is Singleton's father-in-law.

    His death was ruled an accident, and it is unclear whether he knew of investigators' interest in his connection to the former New England Patriot star tight end, a Bristol native.

    Hernandez last week was charged with first-degree murder in the June 17 shooting death of Odin Lloyd, 27, of Dorchester, Mass. He is being held without bail.

    Hernandez, who was released by the team after his arrest, is one of three suspects, all from Bristol, arrested in connection with the homicide. Carlos Ortiz and Ernest Wallace also have been charged, and prosecutors say they believe they have in custody all three men who were in the car with Lloyd the night he was killed. Lloyd was dating Shaneah Jenkins, the sister of Hernandez's fiancee, Shayanna Jenkins.

    Singleton had been convicted of a number of drug charges in Connecticut, records indicate.

    On Tuesday, an East Hartford man who in a civil lawsuit has charged that Hernandez in February shot him in the eye outside a Florida nightclub, was served an interstate subpoena Tuesday to appear before a Massachusetts grand jury investigating the Hernandez case.

    Sources said investigators are interested in "similarities" between the Alexander Bradley shooting and the shooting death of Lloyd.
    This is no coincidence. AH's gangbanging homies are trying to protect him. It's the Patriot Way.

  6. #3026
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,285
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    This is no coincidence. AH's gangbanging homies are trying to protect him. It's the Patriot Way.
    That is not funny. AH is not a member of some random gang but it appears like he was involved as some kind of organized crime enforcer... Scary Stuff

  7. #3027
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,446
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Except for the fact that some of those wins may be directly traceable to "short cuts" taken by the organization. Whether Spygate or Glockgate here. You cannot go around taking bows and accepting acclaim for your acumen and then walk away for the downside when some of those decisions go south on you. This is the price that they have to pay. Maybe if that price is high they might make different choices in the future. Certainly there is no benefit for anyone to make the price of these decisions nonexistent or small.
    I believe that spy gate was cheating. So I agree with that point.

    With the latest issue they took a risk and got it wrong. I don't believe they should get any cap relief as it encourages bad behavior.

  8. #3028
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,446
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Probably unrelated, but at this point, who knows.
    This story keeps getting interesting each day

  9. #3029
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    13,063
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    That is not funny. AH is not a member of some random gang but it appears like he was involved as some kind of organized crime enforcer... Scary Stuff
    Sure looks that way... All except for the "organized" part....

    Dude is straight up SLOPPY if that's the case.

    Looks like he was trying to start his own little mob. I'm assuming they are investigating the brakes, etc, on that car.

  10. #3030
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,621
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    I believe that spy gate was cheating. So I agree with that point.

    With the latest issue they took a risk and got it wrong. I don't believe they should get any cap relief as it encourages bad behavior.
    Sorry but with this latest episode they took a risk and reaped the benefits for four years. Where is the cost to them for the stain they have brought upon the NFL here?

  11. #3031
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    13,063
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Sorry but with this latest episode they took a risk and reaped the benefits for four years. Where is the cost to them for the stain they have brought upon the NFL here?
    EXCELLENT POINT!!!

    They should be penalized for tarnishing the NFL brand!
    No different than having someone like Jerry Sandusky in your program!

  12. #3032
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    35,748
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    EXCELLENT POINT!!!

    They should be penalized for tarnishing the NFL brand!
    No different than having someone like Jerry Sandusky in your program!
    So you're saying that Bill Belichick should go the way of Joe Paterno?

  13. #3033
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    13,063
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    So you're saying that Bill Belichick should go the way of Joe Paterno?
    Well, there's no PROOF he has concealed any facts just YET, but I certainly wouldn't feel bad for Poor Ol' Bill.


  14. #3034
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    wait until they find out that the KFart Organized Crime Syndicate is concealing the Lloyd homicide murder weapon that the murderer dropped off there on his visit to their Razor headquarters prior to his arrest

  15. #3035
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,621
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    wait until they find out that the KFart Organized Crime Syndicate is concealing the Lloyd homicide murder weapon that the murderer dropped off there on his visit to their Razor headquarters prior to his arrest
    Certainly the team facility needs to be searched This much is clear.

  16. #3036
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,621
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    So you're saying that Bill Belichick should go the way of Joe Paterno?
    Joe may not have diddled any little boys but in the end he was tainted by the scandal and there was clearly culpability there.

    Or as a fellow poker player put it to me,and rather succinctly I thought; "Yeah Paterno, there is blood on his d!*k too".

    There is no video evidence of which I am aware that puts either Kraft or Belichick at the scene of the crime but that does not mean that the Patriots have not assisted AH in some way to help dispose of the evidence after the fact. It is what they do after all.

  17. #3037
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    48
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    EXCELLENT POINT!!!

    They should be penalized for tarnishing the NFL brand!
    No different than having someone like Jerry Sandusky in your program!
    Then Florida State should be sanctioned for giving him a scholarship and Puma and Muscle Milk should be banned from store shelves?

  18. #3038
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,334
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/...ording-sources


    Hernandez role in '07 shooting probed



    GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Authorities in the Massachusetts murder case against former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez have reached out to the police in Gainesville, Fla., in hopes of determining if Hernandez had any role in a 2007 shooting that left two men wounded, a source with knowledge of the murder investigation told ABC News. One of the men was shot in the back of the head, according to a police report of the shooting obtained by ESPN's "Outside the Lines."

    At the time of the 2007 shooting, Hernandez was a freshman on the University of Florida football team. Hernandez is being held without bail in Massachusetts after being charged June 26 with first-degree murder of 27-year-old Odin Lloyd and five weapons-related counts. Prosecutors called Lloyd's killing an execution-style shooting orchestrated by Hernandez because Lloyd talked to the wrong people at a nightclub. Authorities said Lloyd was shot three times at an industrial park as he twisted away in a futile attempt to avoid gunshots and then was shot two more times on each side of the chest.

    The 2007 Gainesville shooting happened on Sept. 30, when Hernandez was a 17-year-old freshman with the Gators. The two men and a friend of theirs had left a nightclub and were in their car stopped at a light blocks away when their vehicle was fired upon, according to the statements two of the men gave to police. Corey Smith, a 28-year-old at the time who was sitting in the front passenger seat, was shot in back of the head. Justin Glass, the 19-year-old driver, was shot in the arm. Randall Cason, sitting in the back seat behind Smith, was unharmed.

    While several witnesses told police the shooter was a black male, Cason said there were two suspects.

    Cason, then 20, told police that shooter was a "Hawaiian" or "Hispanic" male who had a large muscular build, stood about 6-foot-3 or 6-foot-4, weighed about 230 or 240 pounds and had a lot of tattoos. Cason said there was also a black male with the shooter, and Cason identified the black male as Reggie Nelson, a former Florida Gator who was a rookie with the Jacksonville Jaguars. Nelson, in an interview with the Gainesville police, said he had been at the nightclub earlier but denied he was even on the same street as the shooting.

    "As they were waiting for the light to change, the Hawaiian football player and Reggie Nelson walked up to their car on the right side," according to the police report, which cited what Cason told detectives. "Then without saying a work [sic], the Hawaiian pointed a small handgun in the front right window and fired five quick shots. Cason saw Smith slump over with blood coming out of the back of the head, at which time the Hawaiian and Nelson took off running towards McDonald's."

    The police report says that Nelson and Hernandez had been in The Venue nightclub along with two other Gators players, Mike and Maurkice Pouncey, twin brothers who now both play in the NFL. After the shooting, investigators interviewed Cason at Shands Hospital. Cason is described as distraught and emotional, and an officer indicated Cason said several times "it should have been him that had been shot and not Cory [sic]." Cason told investigators that a week earlier his brother had gotten into an altercation with several Florida football players.

    Nelson told investigators that he was at The Venue with several friends that night. He said he later saw Aaron Hernandez and the Pouncey twins, and Hernandez told him that one of the twins had his necklace snatched by Cason. After the club closed, Nelson said, one of the twins confirmed the story to him. Nelson said he went to speak to Cason, advised that he didn't want any trouble and the two parted on good terms. He said he was not on West University Avenue, the street where the shooting took place, when Smith and Glass were shot.

    Two days after the shooting, Gainesville police Lt. Keith Kameg was quoted in the Orlando Sentinel as saying neither Hernandez nor Nelson were suspects. Police have also said that they briefly interviewed Hernandez about the shooting. But, according to the police report, Hernandez declined to speak to Gainesville police nine days after the shooting. Hernandez's name is redacted from the report because he was 17 and considered a minor at the time. However, there is one reference to Hernandez in which his name is not redacted. In that section under "Aaron Hernandez," the report says detectives attempted to speak to Hernandez on Oct. 9 but that "he invoked his right to counsel."

    That same day Cason, who had originally said Nelson and the Hawaiian or Hispanic male were the suspects, "rescinded his identification of Aaron Hernandez and Reggie Nelson," according to the report. While Hernandez's name was redacted in the document, it was the first time the report indicated that Cason had positively identified Hernandez as the shooter at some point.

    "Outside the Lines" left messages for Cason, Glass and now retired Gainesville detective Patty Nixon, but they were not returned.

    Smith said he suffers from seizures as a result of the shooting. "God is good," he said. "I'm here for a reason. I just want to know what happened and who did it so I can go forward with my life."

  19. #3039
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    123
    Post Thanks / Like

    Yes sir.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Sure looks that way... All except for the "organized" part....

    Dude is straight up SLOPPY if that's the case.

    Looks like he was trying to start his own little mob. I'm assuming they are investigating the brakes, etc, on that car.
    Coming from a man known as Hitman Harris. I respectfully defer to your inside tips on what AH should have done when OD was speaking to the Feds.

  20. #3040
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    3,096
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/...ording-sources


    Hernandez role in '07 shooting probed



    GAINESVILLE, Fla. --

    "As they were waiting for the light to change, the Hawaiian football player and Reggie Nelson walked up to their car on the right side," according to the police report, which cited what Cason told detectives. "Then without saying a work [sic], the Hawaiian pointed a small handgun in the front right window and fired five quick shots. Cason saw Smith slump over with blood coming out of the back of the head, at which time the Hawaiian and Nelson took off running towards McDonald's."



    That same day Cason, who had originally said Nelson and the Hawaiian or Hispanic male were the suspects, "rescinded his identification of Aaron Hernandez and Reggie Nelson," according to the report. While Hernandez's name was redacted in the document, it was the first time the report indicated that Cason had positively identified Hernandez as the shooter at some point.

    "Outside the Lines" left messages for Cason, Glass and now retired Gainesville detective Patty Nixon, but they were not returned.
    Thanks Urban Meyer. Nice job keeping this murderer free to cause havoc everywhere.

    This kid is scum. Is there any doubt that if he wasn't a great football player, he'd be dead, incarcerated, dead or incarcerated?

    .

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us