Page 125 of 169 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,500 of 3377

Thread: Patriots* Aaron Hernandez questioned then charged with murder. MERGED

Jets Insider VIP
    Switched between NFLN and ESPatsN. Here is my summary.

While NFLN did manage to tell us how cutting Murderer81 protected the Patriot way, they at least covered the entire hearing verbatim

ESPatsN had Mort on half the screen reporting directly from Bob Kraft's rectum (which more appropriately resembles "The Patriot Way" )

Mort talked over the hearing and managed to tell us how cutting Hernandez protected TPW and how "Bob Kraft is the bestest owner in the NFL and how his Pats were now distraction free

Before Murderer81 was denied bail, I believe ESPatsN cut away for a more newsworthy soccer match

Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    What did u expect him to say? That this thug finally got his guarantee and can go crazy?
    Huh? How about, "I have been blessed with an opportunity of a lifetime. I am grateful to NE for giving me this chance." Or something along those lines.

Instead, he [AH] gives us the b/s about "the Patriot Way." The media invented myth by the former NE players aka, cheats, frauds, liars, drug users, etc.

The myth [Patriot Way] has been exposed for the lie/fraud/bs/myth it is, and did not just begin getting exposed with the AH case. This is still evolving. We have plenty of past history regarding those wicked frauds/cheats up in Boston that has become quite apparent the past several years.

This punk scum is WELL on his way to a shanking in Prison.

He's scared NOW and he's only in COUNTY! LOLZ

You ROYALLY Fvcked up, A-Hernia!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Maybe your boy shouldn't have carried out a premeditated MURDER because he didn't like who the victim was talking to!
    My boy? You need to get a clue.

I haven't paid much attention to the argument that the press is up the Pats ahole, but after reading this I get it. Pretty sickening the way this article portrays them as martyrs, sacrificing cap and cash dollars to do the right thing.

Patriots cut Aaron Hernandez

By Ben Volin

| Globe Staff June 27, 2013Aaron Hernandez spent nine days testing the patience of a lot of important people. Wednesday morning, that patience ran out abruptly.

The Bristol County District Attorney’s office lost patience with Hernandez’s lack of cooperation in the investigation into the murder of Odin Lloyd. Authorities showed up at Hernandez’s house Wednesday morning, slapped a pair of handcuffs on him before he had a chance to put on his shirt, and made him do a “perp walk” in front of dozens of rolling TV cameras.
    And the Patriots lost patience with Hernandez dragging the team’s name through the mud. For nine days, they sat quietly, waiting for the investigation to unfold before making any comment.
    But a team source said that the top members of the organization — and that of course includes Robert Kraft and Bill Belichick, both out of the country on vacation — quietly decided last week that they would part ways with Hernandez if and when an arrest happened, even if it was for obstruction of justice.

On Wednesday morning, the arrest finally happened. Ninety minutes later, Hernandez was released by the Patriots, and he will be on NFL waivers until 4 p.m. Thursday (no team will claim him, of course). The move came four hours before the team officially knew that Hernandez would be charged with first-degree murder and five weapons offenses.
    In terms of dollars and cents, the Patriots’ quick action may hurt the team for the next two seasons. But as one member of the organization emphasized repeatedly, this was one of the few NFL transactions that isn’t about the bottom line.
    It is about disassociating the team from a player saddled with a heinous list of charges, even if it means subtracting a talented tight end and paying for him to go away. Hernandez lost the right to represent the Patriots, cost be damned.
    The prudent move, at least as it relates to the business of the football team, would have been to wait for NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to suspend Hernandez under the personal conduct policy, which would have given the Patriots clear avenues to recover money and avoid cap penalties.
    The Falcons clearly didn’t want Michael Vick representing their organization after he pleaded guilty to dog fighting charges in 2007, but they allowed Goodell to suspend him before taking action. Ultimately, the Falcons recovered $20 million of the $37 million they paid Vick, and released him nearly two years after he pleaded guilty, though he never played another down for them.
    The Patriots complicated matters, though, by cutting Hernandez so swiftly.
    Hernandez’s contract — seven years, $40 million with $16 million guaranteed, signed before last season — called for a $12.5 million signing bonus (prorated over five years for cap purposes), and still has $10 million in salary cap money to be accounted for on the Patriots’ ledger. Cutting him now accelerates those charges — $2.5 million to be counted in 2013, and the other $7.5 million in 2014. His guaranteed salaries totaling about $2.5 million will also be applied to this year’s salary cap.
    As it stands, releasing Hernandez will increase his 2013 salary cap number by approximately $1 million to $5.092 million, which will be fifth-highest on the team. His 2014 salary cap number may ultimately increase to $7.5 million, also fifth-highest on the team.
    The Patriots will have approximately $7.6 million in cap space for 2013 that they can roll over to 2014, so paying for Hernandez won’t be overly burdensome.
    And of course, the Patriots will try to recover some money from Hernandez and obtain salary cap relief. The $12.5 million signing bonus was split into installments — $6 million up front, $3.25 million each in March 2013 and 2014 — and they will look to recoup some of the money already paid, to avoid paying him the final $3.25 million installment, and to void his future guaranteed money. The last thing they want is for their money to pay for his defense team.
    But the Patriots weren’t interested in saving a few dollars.
    They went out on a limb for Hernandez by selecting him in the fourth round of the 2010 draft despite significant character concerns, and again last August by giving him the $40 million contract extension.
    An AFC front-office executive said Wednesday that Hernandez was a clear second-round talent in 2010, but many teams left him off their draft boards because of failed drug tests and rumors of Hernandez hanging around the wrong people both at the University of Florida and back home in Connecticut.
    The executive surmised that Belichick, who is close friends with then-Florida coach Urban Meyer, was the only coach willing to take even a fourth-round flier on Hernandez, and that the tight end could have “tumbled” down the draft. Hernandez was viewed by GMs as trouble waiting to happen, whether it was a four-game drug suspension or an incident involving police.
    Hernandez stayed clean for three seasons, catching 18 touchdowns and developing into one of the team’s young stars.
    Obviously, Wednesday’s murder charge goes far beyond the scope of what anyone could have predicted of Hernandez.
    A rash decision was needed by the Patriots Wednesday to correct the rash decisions of the past.
    The last line of the team’s official statement said it all:
    “This transaction is simply the right thing to do.”

Damning....

...would be an UNDERSTATEMENT!

June 16

9:02 p.m.: Hernandez texts a friend out of state saying "please make it back"

9:05: Hernandez texts Lloyd that he wants to get together

9:35: Hernandez texts a friend in Connecticut that says "get your $@% up here"

10:23: Hernandez texts the same friend, "Hurry your !$@ up"

McCauley indicated that Hernandez recently had 14 surveillance cameras installed in his home. Video from the cameras show two men arriving at Hernandez's home in North Attelboro. Later footage shows Hernandez with a firearm. At one point, Hernandez says to one of the men that he "can't trust anyone anymore," according to McCauley.

June 17

1:12 a.m.: The three men depart Hernandez's home in a silver Nissan Altima, according to surveillance video, cell phone towers and cell phone records.

Cell towers track their movement south on Interstate-95. At some point, they turn around, then head north before stopping at a gas station on Route 128.

2:10: Hernandez buys gas, a pack of Bubblicious gum, and rolling papers.

2:32: The silver Altima arrives at Lloyd's house. Hernandez sends a text message: "We're here."

Lloyd's sister watches Odin Lloyd leave the house and get into the silver Altima. Neighborhood surveillance video shows Hernandez arriving in the neighborhood, as well.

Surveillance video tracks the car around Boston.

McCauley explains that during ride back toward North Attelboro, Hernandez tells Lloyd that when they were at a club, Rumor, the previous Friday night, "certain things upset him," including Lloyd talking to some people Hernandez had "troubles" with. McCauley did not indicate how he obtained this information.

Prosecution says the text indicates the "temperature" in the car"

3:07: Lloyd texts his sister, "Did you see who I was with?"

McCauley suggests that this indicates the "temperature" in the car.

Lloyd does not receive a response.

3:11: Lloyd texts his sister again, "Hello"

3:19: Lloyd's sister responds, "My phone was dead. Who?"

3:22: Lloyd responds, "NFL"

3:23: Lloyd: "Just so you know"

By this point, the four men inside the silver Altima have gotten off I-95 on Route 152, near Hernandez's home, McCauley says records show.

3:23 a.m.: McCauley says surveillance video shows the Altima at a fork in the road. McCauley indicates that one way leads to Hernandez's home, the other down a gravel road where Lloyd's body would later be found. Video shows Hernandez's car going down the gravel road behind a group of industrial buildings.

3:23-3:27: People working the overnight in the industrial park hear gunshots.

3:27: Silver Altima is viewed coming out of gravel road.

3:29: Video at Hernandez's home shows the silver Altima pulling into his driveway.

McCauley states that the distance between where Lloyd's body was found and Hernandez's home is a 2-minute drive.

The crime scene:

• According to McCauley, police found five shell casings – three at Lloyd's feet, two some distance away.

• An autopsy showed two wounds to the chest – one near the left nipple, the other near the right nipple.

• Lloyd did not appear to be robbed, as he still had his wallet, phone and keys.

McCauley explained that Hernandez returned the Altima to a rental car agency, with the driver's-side mirror missing. A worker at rental agency discovered a shell casing under the driver's seat, next to a Bubblicious wrapper. The shell casing and the gum wrapper were tossed into a garbage bin, where police later found. The casing matched the casings at the murder scene.

I didn't want to rush to judgement with this case, and I still don't want to, but damn that piece of crap is as guilty as sin. Even without the overwhelming evidence against him, I could still see that he was guilty. As the crime was being described by the prosecutor, Hernandez kept doing the guilty-as-hell shuffle.

Aaron Hernandez should die, execution style, just like his victim, but since this is one of the most liberal states in the country we'll be lucky to keep him in prison for the entire sentence he'll receive. Someone will want to let him free many years from now.

There were too many leaks in this sad story. One of those was even written here. That's how a dirtbag like Hernandez can end up walking.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    I didn't want to rush to judgement with this case, and I still don't want to, but damn that piece of crap is as guilty as sin. Even without the overwhelming evidence against him, I could still see that he was guilty. As the crime was being described by the prosecutor, Hernandez kept doing the guilty-as-hell shuffle.

Aaron Hernandez should die, execution style, just like his victim, but since this is one of the most liberal states in the country we'll be lucky to keep him in prison for the entire sentence he'll receive. Someone will want to let him free many years from now.

There were too many leaks in this sad story. One of those was even written here. That's how a dirtbag like Hernandez can end up walking.
    Nah, They have WAY more than they are letting onto. My guess, They let the guy in FL prosecute him with the 22 they found that he shot his "friend" in they eye with... Civil case, slam dunk, THEN he has a history of gun violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post

Hate to say I told you so but, if you go back a week I (and others) tried to tell your trolling colleague (Ash) that the multiple searches of AH's home and property was not good as he held out hope that AH would probably be cleared so he could stil play for his beloved Pats. Clearly the DA has constructed a strong case just based off the evidence we know albeit much of it is circumstantial (still enough for a jury to convict imo).

Meanwhile, I agree with your entire post except the concluding paragraph. Legal cases always have leaks. Besides, I have nt seen nor heard of any leak that will be a problem for the DA in this case thus far. AH is a "public figure" and, with the news media camped out in fron t of his home, it is quite likely the press will have access to some info.

Not even KRAFTY can help him... and BOY did he try!

He's FRIED!

Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Huh? How about, "I have been blessed with an opportunity of a lifetime. I am grateful to NE for giving me this chance." Or something along those lines.

Instead, he [AH] gives us the b/s about "the Patriot Way." The media invented myth by the former NE players aka, cheats, frauds, liars, drug users, etc.

The myth [Patriot Way] has been exposed for the lie/fraud/bs/myth it is, and did not just begin getting exposed with the AH case. This is still evolving. We have plenty of past history regarding those wicked frauds/cheats up in Boston that has become quite apparent the past several years.
    He could have said that as well.

I think you are obsessed with proving the patriot way is a fraud. Keep up the good work

Hall Of Fame
    Aaron is toast and we will all get the pleasure of seeing it play out every night in slow motion with Nancy Grace of HLN. Pats fans better pucker on up because the pounding will be lengthy on this one.

Joking aside, we've now had Spygate, Tuckgate, Pillgate (Nicky "the pill" Kaczur) and now Aarongate. At some point somebody needs to look into the connections (if any) between all of these events and the fact that they seem to keep on happening to a single "diseased" organization.

At what point does the NFL or somebody begin to connect the dots here and start to ask what is it about the culture of lawlessness up in Foxboro that makes a player like Aaron Hernandez feel that it is OK to execute somebody for talking to the wrong people? Hernandez is going to get his but when will anything ever be laid at the two doorsteps where it really belongs? Bob (the Don) Kraft and Slippery Bill Belichik, when is either of you going to answer for your sins?

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Chowd reporter: AH killing Lloyd for talking to the wrong person just does not "jive" with who AH was....? WTF?... Ace reporting there fella!
    Denial is a powerful psychologal trait.

Hall Of Fame
    Hernandez is a thug with a gun. It was widely known even before this latest incident that he was a thug with a gun. So why did the NE Patriots give him $45 million this past year? Patriots fans will try to tell us that he was a brilliant Tight End with some thuggish characteristics and that the Patriots rolled the dice that the thuggery would not get him into trouble.

That explanation seems more than a little tortured from where I sit. How about this idea. Aaron Herndnadez was a thug with a gun who also happened to be able to play a pretty decent Tight End. New England knew this better than anyone but THIS WAS EXACTLY WHAT THE PATRIOTS ORGANIZATION FELT IT NEEDED, and so that is what they went out and bought for themselves.

The idea that a billion dollar organization, one that prides itself in being smarter than the competition was somehow duped here by a thug from the streets... well that is the explanation that should be offensive to one's sense of rational probability....

"He is who they thought he was... He.. is.. who.. they.. thought.. he.. was"

...would be an UNDERSTATEMENT!

June 16

9:02 p.m.: Hernandez texts a friend out of state saying "please make it back"

9:05: Hernandez texts Lloyd that he wants to get together

9:35: Hernandez texts a friend in Connecticut that says "get your $@% up here"

10:23: Hernandez texts the same friend, "Hurry your !$@ up"

Source? Link? Not doubting the facts posted, just wondering if this is a timeline of your own construction or if you're quoting an article...

Jets Insider VIP
    Video please...

I want to see if those fine upstanding chowds seen waving, holding up their "no neck monsters" and cheering in support of their cold blooded murdering TE are still out there

And if DeeDee is among them

Quote Originally Posted by titanbuoy View Post
    Source? Link? Not doubting the facts posted, just wondering if this is a timeline of your own construction or if you're quoting an article...
    Article. It's a transcript of the Arraignment.

That's all solid FACT. Digital proof they got from his phone and security system. No joke. And it's just the tip of the iceberg

Yes, but he's "FORMER Patriot* Aaron Hernandez"

LOLZ... Like THAT new title is gonna save them!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    I watched NFLN tonight and the blonde script reader and Ian Rapaport were both nodding like bobbleheads when one of them mentioned that the the team cut AH becuase of "importance of protecting the Patriot Way."
    Notice how ESPN and NFLN basically ignore the elephant in the room until the Pats drop AH's azz. Then it's plastered everywhere and as Hitman said AH is 'the former Patriot'.

Now they're all detailing just how much $$ the Patriots are sacrificing by 'taking the high road'.

Give me a FN break. Those Networks don't need to be so coy; just ask Kraft if they can slob his knob.

Article. It's a transcript of the Arraignment.

That's all solid FACT. Digital proof they got from his phone and security system. No joke. And it's just the tip of the iceberg

Link?

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Chowd reporter: AH killing Lloyd for talking to the wrong person just does not "jive" with who AH was....? WTF?... Ace reporting there fella!
    Denial is a powerful psychological trait.