Page 83 of 169 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 3377

Thread: Patriots* Aaron Hernandez questioned then charged with murder. MERGED

  1. #1641
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Wrong. Go into the Goodson thread. Read my post where I called for the Jets to cut him immediately. And I was not the only one. Many other Jet fans echoed similar sentiments.

    Nice try.
    I've read that thread, and there are also plenty of posters trying to theorize a situation whereby Goodson isn't at fault in any way, and arguing for him to stay on the team long before the details came out. What's your point?

    If this happened to a Jet, there would be plenty of fans living in denial trying to theorize his innocence and/or arguing against a rush to judgement. It's called human nature. There is nothing especially "evil" or "immoral" about the Pats fanbase, sorry. This is your day in the sun, have at it, but pretending that fanbase is in any way unique across NFL or sports fans is baseless. Plenty of good people and plenty of jackasses, like anywhere else.

    By the way, your continual pollyanna take on off-field situations like this comes across as extremely disingenuous. The NFL and professional sports in general is filled with bad people. Stop acting so faux outraged, like you can't believe these things happen, and often.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 06-22-2013 at 11:24 PM.

  2. #1642
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,186
    GO BLACKHAWKS, GO!!!

  3. #1643
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    I've read that thread, and there are also plenty of posters trying to theorize a situation whereby Goodson isn't at fault in any way, and arguing for him to stay on the team long before the details came out. What's your point?

    If this happened to a Jet, there would be plenty of fans living in denial trying to theorize his innocence and/or arguing against a rush to judgement. It's called human nature. There is nothing especially "evil" or "immoral" about the Pats fanbase, sorry. This is your day in the sun, have at it, but pretending that fanbase is in any way unique across NFL or sports fans is baseless. Plenty of good people and plenty of jackasses, like anywhere else.
    I put you into the jackass category. IIRC, most Jet fans wanted Godson gone when the news broke. In fact, I still do. However, having said that, let's not compare Goodson's alleged crime to that of AH. You are comparing apples and oranges. Let's add some perspective. All violations of the law are not the same. Thus the various degrees of punishment. What AH is being investigated for is one of the wors crimes on the books, if not the worst -- murder.

  4. #1644
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,180
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    I respectfully disagree. IMO, the Jets should still cut him. DUI is very serious and the consequences can be deadly. But it is not only the DUI but being in a vehicle with a gun. There is no need for these athletes to behave like gangsters. They are supposed to be professionals. Goodson, like AH, is blessed with a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity most people would die for. With that comes a certain responsibility. While no one was killed nor is his alleged crime even in the same neighborhood as AH, a message needs to be sent to these spoiled athletes. The world does not revolve around them. They also must obey the laws. Just my two cents....
    Goodson was not driving, under the influence or any other way.

  5. #1645
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    I put you into the jackass category. IIRC, most Jet fans wanted Godson gone when the news broke. In fact, I still do. However, having said that, let's not compare Goodson's alleged crime to that of AH. You are comparing apples and oranges. Let's add some perspective. All violations of the law are not the same. Thus the various degrees of punishment. What AH is being investigated for is one of the wors crimes on the books, if not the worst -- murder.
    You're going to get mixed reactions to situations like this with any fanbase in sports. To pretend otherwise is simply naive.

  6. #1646
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Goodson was not driving, under the influence or any other way.
    Yes, I know. However, he was in the vehicle. A car parked on an active highway putting the lives of other innocent people in jeopardy. What makes his stupidity that much more profound is the fact that the NFL has a policy where all these knuckleheads have to do is request a car service and it is available to them at no cost.

    This is just my opinion and probably will be the minority given the circumstances as we know it. But I do think these players, boys in men's bodies, need to begin to act like adults. We would not do what some of these athletes/entertainers do. And they are so self-consumed/ego-driven that they believe they can get away with it.

  7. #1647
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    You're going to get mixed reactions to situations like this with any fanbase in sports. To pretend otherwise is simply naive.
    Naive like the dopes up in NE who sold themselves on "the Patriot Way" this past decade and now are stunned and disappointed after believing their own b/s?

  8. #1648
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    You're right, Ray, the media bias toward the Pats directly contributed to a homicide. It's not at all unreasonable to draw a connection between the two.
    Shut up you tool, my response has nothing to do with the media.

  9. #1649
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,760
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    I was called out? I've been here the whole time.

    So you are a "contract attorney". Figures.
    He's excited...sorry about that

  10. #1650
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,760
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Awesome post. We should all take note of this. Not everyone is right all the time, and respect for being an adult and listening to what your fellow posters had to say.

    awesome St Johns is all right

  11. #1651
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,706
    I think he is the triggerman. If I'm wrong, ill never post again.

    If he wasn't, you don't lose as much if you just come forward and tell the truth. The only reason to be so deceptive at this point is to save your ass. Ray Lewis came forward. Why doesn't this piece of sh!t do the same?

  12. #1652
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Shut up you tool, my response has nothing to do with the media.
    Uhh, ok...


    Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble

    If there wasn't such hero worship from ESPNBOSTONGLOBECBSNBCABC about the Pats and the Patriot Way perhaps the victim would still be alive.
    Originally Posted by DDNYJets
    No doubt the Pats get preferential treatment but you're taking a huge leap there.
    You rolled your eyes at the last quote. So you're agreeing with BTF?

  13. #1653
    Why are we comparing Goodson to Hernandez? Hernandez likely shot the boyfriend -- his friend, supposedly -- of his baby mama's sister in the face and dumped his body in an industrial park. He then proceeded to have his house scrubbed by a team of maids, smashed his cell phone, and his security system. He's had dogs and cops pulling his place apart for evidence and is likely to be charged with a felony, maybe murder.

    This doesn't even touch on the other drug and gun related in incidents in his past.

    Goodson got drunk and fell asleep on the ride home from the bar.
    Last edited by TheBlairThomasFumble; 06-23-2013 at 12:07 AM.

  14. #1654
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    I think he is the triggerman. If I'm wrong, ill never post again.

    If he wasn't, you don't lose as much if you just come forward and tell the truth. The only reason to be so deceptive at this point is to save your ass. Ray Lewis came forward. Why doesn't this piece of sh!t do the same?
    Makes sense to me. I think he did it.

  15. #1655
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post

    Again, I apologize to AFCE fan and admit my error. I guess not all trolls are the same.
    We're cool. I always enjoy the spirited banter. Thanks for the classy follow-up posts.

    Thanks also Dcat, sg3, John and WCO for the kind words. You realize you risk attracting more of us trolls by being so nice.

  16. #1656
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    Why are we comparing Goodson to Hernandez? Hernandez likely shot the boyfriend -- his friend, supposedly -- of his baby mama's sister in the face and dumped his body in an industrial park. He then proceeded to have his house scrubbed by a team of maids, smashed his cell phone, and his security system. He's had dogs and cops pulling his place apart for evidence and is likely to be charged with a felony, maybe murder.

    This doesn't even touch on the other drug and gun related in incidents in his past.

    Goodson got drunk and fell asleep on the ride home from the bar.
    Believe me, I am not comparing the two. I posted that the respective cases are apples and oranges. I used the Goodson incident as an example to Ashtroll. He tried to say that Jet fans would give a pass if it was one of our own. I referred him to my post in the Goodson thread calling for him to be cut, a position I still hold today despite knowing he was not the driver that night. It comes down to judgement. Sorry, but when you are making millions to play a sport certain expectations are thrusted upon that athlete. Being in a park car on an active highway, with a gun and alcohol involved speaks to not bad but lousy judgement. But certainly not in AH's category for sure. He is in a league of his own.

  17. #1657
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    We're cool. I always enjoy the spirited banter. Thanks for the classy follow-up posts.

    Thanks also Dcat, sg3, John and WCO for the kind words. You realize you risk attracting more of us trolls by being so nice.
    No, really, I am sorry. Obviously other Jet posters who are here on a regular basis corrected me as you read. I jumped to conclusions about you that was obviously wrong. For that, I stand corrected.

    But you still are a troll.

  18. #1658
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Believe me, I am not comparing the two. I posted that the respective cases are apples and oranges. I used the Goodson incident as an example to Ashtroll. He tried to say that Jet fans would give a pass if it was one of our own. I referred him to my post in the Goodson thread calling for him to be cut, a position I still hold today despite knowing he was not the driver that night. It comes down to judgement. Sorry, but when you are making millions to play a sport certain expectations are thrusted upon that athlete. Being in a park car on an active highway, with a gun and alcohol involved speaks to not bad but lousy judgement. But certainly not in AH's category for sure. He is in a league of his own.
    Good post. My worry with Goodson is that he's going to do something similar to what he did recently in midseason. Then he's gonna screw us.

  19. #1659
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Believe me, I am not comparing the two. I posted that the respective cases are apples and oranges. I used the Goodson incident as an example to Ashtroll. He tried to say that Jet fans would give a pass if it was one of our own. I referred him to my post in the Goodson thread calling for him to be cut, a position I still hold today despite knowing he was not the driver that night. It comes down to judgement. Sorry, but when you are making millions to play a sport certain expectations are thrusted upon that athlete. Being in a park car on an active highway, with a gun and alcohol involved speaks to not bad but lousy judgement. But certainly not in AH's category for sure. He is in a league of his own.
    Goodson and Hernandez absolutely are not comparable, so why did you bring him up? Your own personal stance on Goodson is irrelevant to this discussion. If a major starter for the Jets were in this situation, there would not be 100% agreement among the fanbase on cutting him immediately. There would be plenty of jackasses around here concocting absurd theories to suggest his innocence and another group of jackasses defending his right to remain on the team regardless.

    My argument has been very simple and singular, and yet you continue to refuse to grasp it or concede to it to any degree.


    Hernandez is done as a Patriot and possibly in this league depending on the outcome. It's very silly that you are throwing your arms up because the league and Pats organization are taking a steadied, calculated approach to an almost unprecedented situation before making decisions.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 06-23-2013 at 12:31 AM.

  20. #1660
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    Yep. Fatcessa wanted the NYJ to suspend Braylon for his DWI. Haven't heard him say the same about Hernandez.
    Only classless Jets fans would consider a murder to be a lesser crime than a DWI.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us