Page 47 of 169 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast

Thread: Patriots* Aaron Hernandez questioned then charged with murder. MERGED

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    It is media BS. But that's beside the point... there are provisions in Hernandez' contract that allow the Pats to void his contract for conduct reasons, and I'm pretty sure they involve at least a criminal charge. If they cut him right now, before he's arrested or charged with anything, they'll likely have to pay him all of his bonus money.

Last thing the Pats care about is making an organizational move to satisfy some media creation that you and others around here seem obsess about. There's about a 99% chance Hernandez is gone from the Pats very soon anyway.
    Oh, so it's ALL good in chowdaland! Thanks for clearing that up!

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    They look like a scumbag criminal corporation who thinks it is above the law.

Boston "Strong"...........
    Yeah Boyeee!!!

It is media BS. But that's beside the point... there are provisions in Hernandez' contract that allow the Pats to void his contract for conduct reasons, and I'm pretty sure they involve at least a criminal charge. If they cut him right now, before he's arrested or charged with anything, they'll likely have to pay him all of his bonus money.

Last thing the Pats care about is making an organizational move to satisfy some media creation that you and others around here seem obsess about. There's about a 99% chance Hernandez is gone from the Pats very soon anyway. Only Jets fans are going to be upset he wasn't cut as soon as the police knocked on his door.
    Thanks for reaffirming what we all already knew -- the Patriot Way is nothing more than media b/s. Glad to see you finally admit it although it took an act of murder to do so.

Agree. Looks like Hernandez will not be on the team. But the judicial system has more to do with that than "the classy Patriot Way." With so many NFl teams passing on him due to numerous character issues, why did Belicheat draft him? Afterall, I thought NE only draft high-character players unlike the Jets.

Veteran
    Aaron Hernandez Part Of May RI Nightclub Disturbance
    June 20, 2013 11:30 AM

BOSTON (CBS) – New England Patriots’ tight end Aaron Hernandez found himself in the middle of a nightclub disturbance in Providence, Rhode Island last month.

A police report obtained by WBZ-TV shows Hernandez was being taunted by a group of men leaving “Viva” on Thayer Street in Providence.

“New England Patriots’ player Aaron Hernandez was being taunted by a black male subject who stated to Hernandez, ‘[Expletive] the Patriots, I’m a Jets fan,’” the police report says.

According to the report, the man continued to taunt Hernandez for three blocks.

Feeling that a fight was about to break out, police were called to disperse the crowd.

Officers allowed Hernandez to leave before the situation got out of control and detained some of the other men.

While officers were clearing the crowd, someone tossed a gun under a car.

That gun, a Jimenez .22, was recovered by police.

Hernandez also has a civil lawsuit out against him in Florida.

He is accused of shooting a man in the face after an altercation at a strip club.

No criminal charges have been filed in that case.

There has been no comment from Hernandez, who is currently under investigation in connection with a homicide near his home in North Attleboro.

Odin Lloyd, 27, of Dorchester, was found dead in an industrial park Monday, less than a mile from Hernandez’s house.

There have been no arrests.

Hernandez has not been ruled out as a suspect in the homicide investigation, a law enforcement source told WBZ-TV’s Karen Anderson Wednesday.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Exactly. People die every day, should we all put ipa a thread about every one of them to pay them respects?
    No one is happy that a person was murdered. It's a horrible act.

The police seem to have suspects in their sights, and appear to be doing a thorough job of gathering all evidence before making arrests. This is all very good.

The fact that this affects the New England Patriots organization in a negative way is just a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Thanks for reaffirming what we all already knew -- the Patriot Way is nothing more than media b/s. Glad to see you finally admit it although it took an act of murder to do so.

Agree. Looks like Hernandez will not be on the team. But the judicial system has more to do with that than "the classy Patriot Way." With so many NFl teams passing on him due to numerous character issues, why did Belicheat draft him? Afterall, I thought NE only draft high-character players unlike the Jets.
    They drafted him because it was the 4th round and they saw huge value, simple as that. If you haven't noticed, the Pats don't really care what other teams think or do. They knew the risks going in, they had behavior provisions in his rookie and extended contracts. He was a choir boy and a major producer for three years, and the pick was looking pretty good until two days ago. They wisely or unwisely put faith him in after 2 years of being a model player, and got screwed in the end because he chose now, of all times, to pull this crap. Belichick's not a babysitter, there's nothing they could have done to prevent this, just like with any other player misconduct on any other team.

I don't care about this "Patriot Way" crap, nor do a lot of other fans. The media decides the story it wants to tell that is out of control of the team, and yes, that includes the "Jets Circus" narrative.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 06-20-2013 at 11:04 PM.

They drafted him because it was the 4th round and they saw huge value, simple as that. If you haven't noticed, the Pats don't really care what other teams think or do. They knew the risks going in, they had behavior provisions in his rookie and extended contracts. He was a choir boy and a major producer for three years, and the pick was looking pretty good until two days ago. They wisely or unwisely put faith him in after 2 years of being a model player, and got screwed in the end because he chose now, of all times, to pull this crap. Belichick's not a babysitter, there's nothing they could have done to prevent this, just like with any other player misconduct on any other team.

I don't care about this "Patriot Way" crap, nor do a lot of other fans. The media decides the story it wants to tell that is out of control of the team, and yes, that includes the "Jets Circus" narrative.
    Wow, I can't recall ever agreeing with you so much? So, character doesn't matter with NE. Just more media b/s. As for the gangbanger being a model citizen his first few years, I don't know about that. Unknown incidents are not coming to the public's attention. NE just did a good job of covering it up -- no surprise given how effective the organization was cheating its way to 3 tainted Superbowl titles.

Now all of a sudden the circus label by the media is a problem for you. I hope you know your prior posts as it pertains to the Jets will demonstrate that when it wasn't your beloved Patriots, you were singing a different tune.

Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    Aaron Hernandez Part Of May RI Nightclub Disturbance
    June 20, 2013 11:30 AM

BOSTON (CBS) – New England Patriots’ tight end Aaron Hernandez found himself in the middle of a nightclub disturbance in Providence, Rhode Island last month.

A police report obtained by WBZ-TV shows Hernandez was being taunted by a group of men leaving “Viva” on Thayer Street in Providence.

“New England Patriots’ player Aaron Hernandez was being taunted by a black male subject who stated to Hernandez, ‘[Expletive] the Patriots, I’m a Jets fan,’” the police report says.

According to the report, the man continued to taunt Hernandez for three blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Eat shlt, New England!

Oh, sorry...Was that a petty insult?
    Let me help you out, as per this thread:

(Reports neighbors heard gunshots) > (RayRay vs. DeeDee vs. SG3some)

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    Let me help you out, as per this thread:

(Reports neighbors heard gunshots) > (RayRay vs. DeeDee vs. SG3some)
    Good one, sackdunce

Hall Of Fame
    This thread delivers the win.

Wow, I can't recall ever agreeing with you so much? So, character doesn't matter with NE. Just more media b/s. As for the gangbanger being a model citizen his first few years, I don't know about that. Unknown incidents are not coming to the public's attention. NE just did a good job of covering it up -- no surprise given how effective the organization was cheating its way to 3 tainted Superbowl titles.

Now all of a sudden the circus label by the media is a problem for you. I hope you know your prior posts as it pertains to the Jets will demonstrate that when it wasn't your beloved Patriots, you were singing a different tune.
    Of course character matters - all things being equal, teams want high-character guys over low-character ones. But winning football games is the end goal here. Belichick is far more interested in guys who are "coachable" than just have "character," although they are often correlated.

If there's anything close to a "Patriot Way" it's really about players who fall in line for Belichick and do what they're told no matter what on the field, or they're gone. Randy Moss, Adalius Thomas, and Haynesworth were all dumped when they stopped being "coachable." It has nothing to do with being a goodie two-shoes off the field, although guys who contribute to the community, etc. are very valuable... but that goes for every team.

I have no idea what the Pats knew or didn't know about Hernandez' other incidents. The Florida civil suit was only filed last Thursday.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 06-20-2013 at 11:39 PM.

All League
    The thing I don't get...with the Pats losing this huge piece of their offense, not to mention having this tarnish to their persona as a great team, why are the Jets not moving up in anybody's power rankings? Why are the Jets still ranked last in the league in all polls? Where's the respect? Why, if the Patriots tight end is a murderer, is everyone still calling the Jets organization pathetic and the laughing stock of the league?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    The thing I don't get...with the Pats losing this huge piece of their offense, not to mention having this tarnish to their persona as a great team, why are the Jets not moving up in anybody's power rankings? Why are the Jets still ranked last in the league in all polls? Where's the respect? Why, if the Patriots tight end is a murderer, is everyone still calling the Jets organization pathetic and the laughing stock of the league?
    Grrrrrrr! I'm an angry beaver!

Of course character matters - all things being equal, teams want high-character guys over low-character ones. But winning football games is the end goal here. Belichick is far more interested in guys who are "coachable" than just have "character," although they are often correlated.

If there's anything close to a "Patriot Way" it's really about players who fall in line for Belichick and do what they're told no matter what on the field, or they're gone. Randy Moss, Adalius Thomas, and Haynesworth were all dumped when they stopped being "coachable." It has nothing to do with being a goodie two-shoes off the field, although guys who contribute to the community, etc. are very valuable... but that goes for every team.

I have no idea what the Pats knew or didn't know about Hernandez' other incidents. The Florida civil suit was only filed last Thursday.
    Once again, contradicting the narrative that has been bestowed upon classy organization in Boston.

The Florida civil suit, the incident in Providence. I am sure in the days and weeks ahead there will be more, probably much more. The media has just begun to scratch the surface.

Veteran
    Um - 45 pages but no discussion of some very strange points:

1) How do you shoot someone in the muthafarking FACE and not have criminal charges filed against you?!?!?!

2) Both dudes shot (one in the face, one killed) were hanging out with their 'friend' Aaron Hernandez the evening of their unfortunate event. WTF kind of 'friend' is AH?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I rest my case.
    You know, I've been reading this exchange you've been having with this ***** and the rest of his BF'n buddies and I don't know how you can stomach going toe to toe with such a doosh, but I'm glad somebody's expending the energy to do it. I don't know how the ***** gets away with all the antagonizing **** he spews, he totally ruins the experience of the board and deserves a banning himself. If I had to deal with someone like him in person I think it would take me about three seconds to punch him in his ****ing face and that would be the end of it.

lol @ Past fans trying to save face. If this happened to a Jet, they'd be all over him/us.

Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Please. Who cares what those aholes think? Games are won and lost on the field. Those so called experts couldn't pick their nose. I could give you ample examples of predictions that did not pan out.

Once again, contradicting the narrative that has been bestowed upon classy organization in Boston.

The Florida civil suit, the incident in Providence. I am sure in the days and weeks ahead there will be more, probably much more. The media has just begun to scratch the surface.
    Not sure why you think the Pats were covering any of this up, or even how they could. If a media member gets a hold of a civil suit that affects a player and decides to run with it, there's nothing they can do to stop it. Plenty of Pats' suits have run wild in the media - Randy Moss and his "consensual horseplay" incident and Julian Edelman's "Halloween groping" incident come to mind.

If these Hernandez incidents are just coming out now it's because the media weren't looking for them until now.