Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Got Accepted to Mursing School, b****es!!!

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    Is this school located in Grenada?
    Actually the guys and gals we call drs go to school in Grenada and other Caribbean schools and nurses are always around and they get just as good education with half the time in school and more time on the job...just saying.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Talk about a 180. Going from putting Bubba from cell block A in a full nelson, to sponging down gramma after soiling herself..

Congrats...I guess

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    CONGRATS!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats. Well-deserved.

Keep on trucking.

Quote Originally Posted by BigJet85 View Post
    CONGRATS MAN! I have been wait listed two years in a row for Xray school so now im moving on...
    That sucks. And I know two a$$holes that got in a dropped out. I will punch them for you.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations. Have been the healthcare business for many years. Nurses at all levels are the backbone of our hospitals. Lots of room for advancement/flexible hours/interesting work. Good luck!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Talk about a 180. Going from putting Bubba from cell block A in a full nelson, to sponging down gramma after soiling herself..

Congrats...I guess

Someone's gotta do the jobs no one else wants to do...

Wait a minute, isn't that what illegal immigrants are for?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats! So after this, what's next, the bar exam?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    remember the good old days when banks were open from 9-3 and men couldn't be nurses.

man I miss those days

also in the camp that thought you were already a man nurse. wtf, murse?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    First off, I just want to thank all of you for the congratulations. I can't begin to tell you how amazing it is to me that this is all coming to pass so quickly. It was only a year ago that I started on this path, so suffice it to say I'm pretty excited and proud.

Sorry about the confusion as to what I was doing, thought I had explained it before. I'm currently a nursing assistant and I have been going to school to knock out the prerequisite and corequisite courses. I also had to maintain a certain GPA and obtain a specific score on the NLN entrance exam to be accepted into the program as it is highly competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Good luck man, a couple thoughts/words of advice

95% of what you'll need to know as a nurse, you'll learn on the fly on your first unit. Just get thru school with decent grades.

When you graduate, get rid of all your books and just keep your NCLEX study guide. The review sections encompass everything you need to know from all those other books.
    In fact if you got one now as a reference, it'd save you the trouble of looking thru all those extensive books when you need to. Saunders study guide is the best, most well laid out, and usable as a reference.

I definitely recommend the Kaplan course for the nclex.
    Lots of great information here, thank you so much. I will definitely be taking your advice. As for your other question, I'm married, happily. But you're not lying, there's a ridiculously high female to make ratio in the profession.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    First off, I just want to thank all of you for the congratulations. I can't begin to tell you how amazing it is to me that this is all coming to pass so quickly. It was only a year ago that I started on this path, so suffice it to say I'm pretty excited and proud.

Sorry about the confusion as to what I was doing, thought I had explained it before. I'm currently a nursing assistant and I have been going to school to knock out the prerequisite and corequisite courses. I also had to maintain a certain GPA and obtain a specific score on the NLN entrance exam to be accepted into the program as it is highly competitive.

Lots of great information here, thank you so much. I will definitely be taking your advice. As for your other question, I'm married, happily. But you're not lying, there's a ridiculously high female to make ratio in the profession.
    That's great... a little offf beat. Just curious. How much school are you doing? I know you can become an RN with a 2 year degree as well as 4.

How long will it take you? Are you going full time? I know we're close in age but I prolly have you by 4 or 5 years. Not sure my mind could stomach a class room again.

More people should have the balls to do what you are doing. Fantastic.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Funny time and place for a Reunion, I might be able to attend online though

Would probably not trust the online registering process

my suggestions for 1st Semester:

Meniscus Scraping 111
    Night Nursing of Vampires 121
    Leech Cultivation 112
    Liver Transplant Care 101
    Nurse Call Bell Response Avoidance Tactics 102
    Candy Striper Mentoring - Dos and Don'ts 111
    Smock Cinsuring 101

Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 06-19-2013 at 10:53 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats JW, that's great.

I guess you'll really have to im-murse yourself in your studies....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Good luck man, a couple thoughts/words of advice

95% of what you'll need to know as a nurse, you'll learn on the fly on your first unit. Just get thru school with decent grades.

When you graduate, get rid of all your books and just keep your NCLEX study guide. The review sections encompass everything you need to know from all those other books.
    In fact if you got one now as a reference, it'd save you the trouble of looking thru all those extensive books when you need to. Saunders study guide is the best, most well laid out, and usable as a reference.

I definitely recommend the Kaplan course for the nclex.
    God bless the Kaplan Decision Tree for NCLEX test takers.

The NCLEX is a peculiar adaptive exam. After watching hundreds of graduating nursing students take the course, I've seen some people pass that exam that have no business setting foot in a hospital or clinic. The course is THAT good.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    That's great... a little offf beat. Just curious. How much school are you doing? I know you can become an RN with a 2 year degree as well as 4.

How long will it take you? Are you going full time? I know we're close in age but I prolly have you by 4 or 5 years. Not sure my mind could stomach a class room again.

More people should have the balls to do what you are doing. Fantastic.
    It's actually a pretty common second career path for retired uniforms. I'm going two years for my AAS with an eye towards getting my BSN (or more) once I am working.

I was a bit apprehensive about returning to the classroom as well. I've come to realize two things, however; I didn't apply myself nearly as much as I could've while I was younger and my "life knowledge" really helps in class as well as assignments.

Thanks! I don't think it took balls, just a goal and determination.

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Funny time and place for a Reunion, I might be able to attend online though

Would probably not trust the online registering process
    Funny you should say that; they changed systems and naturally it had problems the day of registration, missed out on my first 4 choices of sections as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    God bless the Kaplan Decision Tree for NCLEX test takers.

The NCLEX is a peculiar adaptive exam. After watching hundreds of graduating nursing students take the course, I've seen some people pass that exam that have no business setting foot in a hospital or clinic. The course is THAT good.
    That's encouraging. And scary.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post

Well I was going to photoshop Jetworks head over the nurse's head, but the head shots he posted here looked way too cancery, so I had to pass. But I thought about it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    Well I was going to photoshop Jetworks head over the nurse's head, but the head shots he posted here looked way too cancery, so I had to pass. But I thought about it.
    Lol, deek!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ha, ha, I was thinking the same thing about photoshopping, but using the Mangold avatar as the nurse face.

Then 32 could either be the cop running up the street or the victim on the ground. Then a few other hampur avatars could be the spectators. But I stink at photoshop, would look more like those old MS Paint drawings.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL....uh uh.....LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

-

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like