Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jets finish last in ESPN Future Power Rankings

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good. It's where they belong till they can prove they belong otherwise.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    projections 3 years from now= a bunch of bull****.
    How about projections for this year. oh yeah that would be bull**** as well, 1-15 teams can turn around in 1 year and make the playoffs, i think 6-10 teams can as well. in fact every year there's at least 1 or 2 teams that do. It's summer time and reporters have ran out of relevant things to write about.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    BTW thats what you pay for with Insider information. that's just a bunch of skepticism.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's slightly baffling we'd be ranked that low (I really don't see how you can logically defend placing us below teams like the Raiders and Jaguars) but "future power rankings" might be the most irrelevent form of an irrelevent system that there is.

What's funny is that the description/analysis is much more flattering than the ranking. They seem to be generally positive about most things (besides the obvious, like lack of playmakers and Rex's future.)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    How many times have so called experts ranked our team dead last? Many times over the last 10 years I have been paying attention.

And how many times were they actually correct? ZERO to be exact. Not once have the Jets finished dead last of all 32 teams over the last 10 seasons.

That should tell you all you need to know.

So don't get emotional with all of this. Are we a good team? NO. No way. Not even close. We have questions all over the roster.

So we definitely are not winning the SB this season, but I doubt very seriously we'll be picking number 1 either. We are somewhere in the middle. Probably closer to last than first.

It's a rebuilding year. We need to find some firm ground on who are suitable players to build around. I look forward to watching the defense keep the team in games. I also look forward to watching the offense as they cannot possibly be any worse than they were last season.

I'm thinking the team will probably win somewhere in the neighborhood of 6 games. But if the team starts playing better as they close out the season? That will be encouraging and I hope that plays out.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Its the truth. We stink right now.
    32? C'mon. Can you honestly say with a straight face we are worse than the Jacksonville Jaguars? The Cleveland Browns?

This is homerism at it's finest right now.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Good. It's where they belong till they can prove they belong otherwise.
    Which does what for who?

Always curious with this line of thinking. This and the, good, I like it when everyone thinks we suck nonsense.

As if it changes a thing either way.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGnW View Post
    32? C'mon. Can you honestly say with a straight face we are worse than the Jacksonville Jaguars? The Cleveland Browns?

This is homerism at it's finest right now.
    He didn't get that they were talking 3 years down the road. What amazing insight are you expecting to give you that the magic 8 ball couldn't provide?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    HEY tell that guy to open a window wouldya hooooooo boy

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan789 View Post
    Coaching: I know what it's like to coach in New York. And Rex knows that he's on thin ice. He'll hand the offense over to Mornhinweg, but he needs to make a decision on a QB -- and soon. Rex also needs to fix this defense. He has some young playmakers and needs to put them in a position to succeed. He knows that if he doesn't win this year, he might be gone. -- Edwards

Oh Herm......

(yes...for those of you who don't realize it, the comment above is from HERM "I can't manage the Game-clock to save my life" EDWARDS.)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vegas has the under/over for the Jets at 6.5 rt now. Love the Jets here with the over. Ryan coaching for his job, plus a young aggressive defense should keep the Jets in most games, even with their lack of offensive talent. A healthy Holmes, back together again with the possible signing of Braylon Edwards should bold well for Sanchez/Smith. 7 or 8 wins looks like a lock if all stay healthy.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Oh Herm......

(yes...for those of you who don't realize it, the comment above is from HERM "I can't manage the Game-clock to save my life" EDWARDS.)
    More to the point Vin...Herm the quit now and run to somewhere like KC where they cheer and wear red for you if you sh1t the bed. A quitter talking about coaching in NY, how he knows what it's like? He knew how it was when the going was good and ran for the hills when he thought it was going to end.

Love the preachers high and mighty bullsh1t rant from experience thing he does.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vegas has the under/over for the Jets at 6.5 rt now. Love the Jets here with the over. Ryan coaching for his job, plus a young aggressive defense should keep the Jets in most games, even with their lack of offensive talent. A healthy Holmes, back together again with the possible signing of Braylon Edwards should bold well for Sanchez/Smith. 7 or 8 wins looks like a lock if all stay healthy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just more fodder for discussion. If they had done this a couple of years ago they'd take similarly bad teams like the Broncos and Bengals who both finished at 4-12 in 2010 and predict them at the bottom. Fast forward a couple of years and those are two of the better teams in the AFC.

Bottom line - Things change. The Jets learned that the hard way, heading in the opposite direction from great 2009 and 2010 seasons.

Let me see something bold. Show me some daring predictions like the 49ers being in last place in 2016 or the Jaguars being a Top 10 team. Otherwise, these guys just continue to look like a bunch of monkeys fvcking a football!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just more wisdom from the ESP network. Can someone do some research, and tell me the last time anyone there was 50% or better at their predictions? The coins in my pocket are better prognosticators than those clowns.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    **** them all.

I hope the Jets knock beloved Brady's teeth out. Let him run for his life this year. I don't care if the Jets win or lose, I want to kick the living holy hell out of the Pats.

So angry.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Just more fodder for discussion. If they had done this a couple of years ago they'd take similarly bad teams like the Broncos and Bengals who both finished at 4-12 in 2010 and predict them at the bottom. Fast forward a couple of years and those are two of the better teams in the AFC.

Bottom line - Things change. The Jets learned that the hard way, heading in the opposite direction from great 2009 and 2010 seasons.

Let me see something bold. Show me some daring predictions like the 49ers being in last place in 2016 or the Jaguars being a Top 10 team. Otherwise, these guys just continue to look like a bunch of monkeys fvcking a football!
    I've said this a million times.

A football teams fortunes can change overnight. Only a moron thinks that what a team is today is what that team will be in 3 years. And a complete and utter idiot would then rank them given they have to do the same for every team in their division, conference and on their schedules for 3 years.

A complete circle jerk by ESPN, shocking.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    This incessant Jet bashing is getting a little much at this point.

This is a team that has been quite good over the past decade.

Been to two AFC Championships games in the past four years

One losing season in the past four years

They've had a top five defense for the past four years.

I'm not saying they're a top 10 organization but to claim they are on the worst trajectory of any team in the NFL?

Just seems obsessive...
    I think you need to reread your post--not accurate: http://tinyurl.com/k53hbau

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    I think you need to reread your post--not accurate: http://tinyurl.com/k53hbau
    You are a Sari little man

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    **** them all.

I hope the Jets knock beloved Brady's teeth out. Let him run for his life this year. I don't care if the Jets win or lose, I want to kick the living holy hell out of the Pats.

So angry.
    Do you really get upset about stupid articles like this?