Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: PSL/Club Seat Default Letter

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    I've thought the same thing for a while now. Score Big is a charlatan of a site. Anyone who buys from or sells through it is taking a huge risk. Really.. stick to StubHub. ScoreBig = SCAM. No offense to you Alkrotaz, or anyone else who works for them.
    Not sure what risk you're talking about, I've never heard of anybody getting screwed on scorebig. I used them the past couple years for yankees tickets, getting 4 bleachers for about $10 each to bat day. I didn't have a problem but this year they have jack for yankees inventory.

They are basically a priceline-style liquidator for teams who want to dump tickets they can't move at face. I know of a guy who got Mets tickets and flipped them on stubhub, then got an angry call from the Mets that he wasn't supposed to resell them .... WTF? Caught red handed.

IMO scorebig is only good when you don't give a crap where you sit and just want to get in the door for cheap. But these days they don't really have much that's cheap

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Not sure what risk you're talking about, I've never heard of anybody getting screwed on scorebig. I used them the past couple years for yankees tickets, getting 4 bleachers for about $10 each to bat day. I didn't have a problem but this year they have jack for yankees inventory.

They are basically a priceline-style liquidator for teams who want to dump tickets they can't move at face. I know of a guy who got Mets tickets and flipped them on stubhub, then got an angry call from the Mets that he wasn't supposed to resell them .... WTF? Caught red handed.

IMO scorebig is only good when you don't give a crap where you sit and just want to get in the door for cheap. But these days they don't really have much that's cheap
    You can go on StubHub and know exactly where you'll sit for cheaper.

I'll tell you what ScoreBig IS good for, probably the only thing (at least for the Jets): You can probably get Hall of Fame Club tickets the week before a game for $200 or $300 a ticket. (Instead of $700 face).

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    You can go on StubHub and know exactly where you'll sit for cheaper.

I'll tell you what ScoreBig IS good for, probably the only thing (at least for the Jets): You can probably get Hall of Fame Club tickets the week before a game for $200 or $300 a ticket. (Instead of $700 face).
    I wouldn't buy NFL tickets from scorebig. The best thing to do is hang out by the Kinkos on route 17 and buy from stubhub in the last minutes before the game. You print the tickets right there and can be in the parking lot in 10 minutes.

Or even better, get one of these things:
    http://www.amazon.com/Bravo-View-INV...dp/B004E8NL7I/

You park before getting tickets, bring your printer and plug it in, and print straight from your smartphone when you find something you like. In your seats before kickoff at 80% off

I wouldn't buy NFL tickets from scorebig. The best thing to do is hang out by the Kinkos on route 17 and buy from stubhub in the last minutes before the game. You print the tickets right there and can be in the parking lot in 10 minutes.

Or even better, get one of these things:
    http://www.amazon.com/Bravo-View-INV...dp/B004E8NL7I/

You park before getting tickets, bring your printer and plug it in, and print straight from your smartphone when you find something you like. In your seats before kickoff at 80% off
    Feel free to tailgate by me this season and bring that. I'm curious to see how it all works.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    Feel free to tailgate by me this season and bring that. I'm curious to see how it all works.
    That's a home run! If you have a laptop or smartphone with internet access, make sure you have enough battery power to run it in your car, plug in the adaptor GG references into your cigarette lighter (you can get them at Radio Shack), plug the printer into that, attach the printer to your laptop (if its wireless even better) and your good to go! Be just like sitting at your kitchen table printing out your tickets but you're in the parking lot right outside the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    That's a home run! If you have a laptop or smartphone with internet access, make sure you have enough battery power to run it in your car, plug in the adaptor GG references into your cigarette lighter (you can get them at Radio Shack), plug the printer into that, attach the printer to your laptop (if its wireless even better) and your good to go! Be just like sitting at your kitchen table printing out your tickets but you're in the parking lot right outside the gate.
    I thought with stubhub app you can just buy online and have gate scan barcodes. Why do you need to print out tickets, cant I just do it on my Iphone

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    I thought with stubhub app you can just buy online and have gate scan barcodes. Why do you need to print out tickets, cant I just do it on my Iphone
    Will the Jets now accept a barcode on your phone? If they do then you're golden. I know the Yankees refuse to accept them because they don't want those last minute stubhub tix competing with them. The Mets do accept them, and they even encourage you to do it with the passbook app. You just go online to your account and click a button and it's on your phone, or you can even add tickets you bought from other sources

Will the Jets now accept a barcode on your phone? If they do then you're golden. I know the Yankees refuse to accept them because they don't want those last minute stubhub tix competing with them. The Mets do accept them, and they even encourage you to do it with the passbook app. You just go online to your account and click a button and it's on your phone, or you can even add tickets you bought from other sources
    I wonder how it works for Superbowl. Only way I would go if at close to kickoff I got a dirt cheap ticket. But I would need Stubhub app to make that work.

My friend and I were thinking of hitting a Penn Station Bar with our smartphones and see if a ticket opens up if not just go to Harp or something watch game and go home.

Doubt I can even get into stadium parking lot without a ticket. Plus too much effort. In Penn Station I can be nice and warm and still be close enough to get there quick. I cant sit at home and buy a last minute ticket and attempt to drive on superbowl sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    If this is all true, the Jets may have a brewing STH mutiny on their hands.
    more and more likely if the Jets have a bad season and word of this garbage (green passes to 50 dollar ticket seats, heck we pay like 35 bucks for this) - people are just going to walk away.

and when guys get pissed off, they end up just going to one or two games a year. that's a 30 year customer lost for good.

Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    more and more likely if the Jets have a bad season and word of this garbage (green passes to 50 dollar ticket seats, heck we pay like 35 bucks for this) - people are just going to walk away.

and when guys get pissed off, they end up just going to one or two games a year. that's a 30 year customer lost for good.
    i was at a restaurant over the 4th and my family sat next to Woody and his 2 young kids (and wife). said hello and chatted for a few minutes but he just wanted to talk about my son and his youngest one and not football.

part of me wanted to bring up this ticket thing but i figured better to be polite.

i was at a restaurant over the 4th and my family sat next to Woody and his 2 young kids (and wife). said hello and chatted for a few minutes but he just wanted to talk about my son and his youngest one and not football.

part of me wanted to bring up this ticket thing but i figured better to be polite.
    Yep bringing up PSLs or his dead daughter not a good idea in a social setting.

Waterboy
    or toxic baby bubble bath products

or toxic baby bubble bath products
    Or Tia Tequila

If I had 15 minutes with him I would bring it up (psl not the other stuff) with him. More as a point on why they aren't making smart business sense.

But in a quick conversation with families not appropriate.

But it was funny at first I was like man this old mans got two small kids must be a huge hassle. Then Realized it was woody.

If I had 15 minutes with him I would bring it up (psl not the other stuff) with him. More as a point on why they aren't making smart business sense.

But in a quick conversation with families not appropriate.

But it was funny at first I was like man this old mans got two small kids must be a huge hassle. Then Realized it was woody.
    I recall speaking with the second in charge at Jets who had since quit. He had a big discussion with him arm twisting him to cut the PSL prices to 2.5K in LLEZ and cut the prices in LSL.

Woody had a price in his head and was not keen on discounting. Did not matter whole PSL squad could not sell the product at that price and opening day was coming up quick.

Dont know if it would help you.

God Bless Woody. Those two little kids and his young wife are the future of the stadium. He already said his dream is to have his two sons run it. I guess wife and kids get Jets in like 25 years.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I guess wife and kids get Jets in like 25 years.
    My guess is that the estate tax laws will dictate otherwise.

FYI....do NOT ask about his big hat. trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    My guess is that the estate tax laws will dictate otherwise.
    A wife inherits an estate tax free. By having a much younger wife and very young kids. The wife will technically "own" the Jets and kids will run it. I bet he does a generation skipping strategy where the two boys never inherit. When his young wife finally passes away she either passes it directly to grandchildren or sets it up as a trust. Perhaps Jets are already set up as a corporate entity that goes on forever.

Either way by having a significantly younger wife it solves the problem.

n 2009, Johnson married Suzanne Ircha Johnson, a former actress and Equities Managing Director at Sandler O'Neill & Partners.[9][10] They have two children: Robert Wood Johnson V and Jack Wood Johnson.

Johnson has homes in Bedminster Township, New Jersey and New York.[11]

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

A wife inherits an estate tax free. By having a much younger wife and very young kids. The wife will technically "own" the Jets and kids will run it. I bet he does a generation skipping strategy where the two boys never inherit. When his young wife finally passes away she either passes it directly to grandchildren or sets it up as a trust. Perhaps Jets are already set up as a corporate entity that goes on forever.

Either way by having a significantly younger wife it solves the problem.

True. That would all make sense if the assumption is that they want the team and the headache that goes with it. More likely, they rather have the money from a sale. These kids could grow up to care less about the team.

Also assuming Woody doesn't sell in the next few years. Which is entirely possible.