Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: PSL/Club Seat Default Letter

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    what a horrible trade
    Heck even if he married Roseanne Bar it might have been a good trade if Rich Kotitie was coash

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets now also have a thing on their website to request single game tickets. If someone wants to fill it out and let us know if they offer them comped tickets or try to sell them PSLs or season tickets. I find it fishy, why do a form rather than just sell them.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alkrotraz -

Any truth to the Jets allowing PSL holders to relocate in their section before the season begins??

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by abs9940 View Post
    Alkrotraz -

Any truth to the Jets allowing PSL holders to relocate in their section before the season begins??
    My guess maybe in club seats where there are still unsold inventory. ..99 percent of the other PSL seats are occupied again

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alkrotraz -

I emailed the jets the other day (super helpful dude, by the way. If anyone needs a good contact, I've talked with this dude a few times and he's really quick to reply and helpful)

I'm 6 off the aisle in 135, so awesome seats but always interested if there's something better. Apparently the closest to the aisle available in 135 high row at the moment is 10 off the aisle.

I say you may as well ask. An email takes 30 seconds to write and ya never know

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    My guess maybe in club seats where there are still unsold inventory. ..99 percent of the other PSL seats are occupied again
    99%? Come on now, you can't really believe that.. I have 4 in section 135 and know that there are plenty of psl's available in all non club sections-thats a FACT. I was contemplating moving to a better section and had multiple conversations with jets about availability as recently as last week.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    99%? Come on now, you can't really believe that.. I have 4 in section 135 and know that there are plenty of psl's available in all non club sections-thats a FACT. I was contemplating moving to a better section and had multiple conversations with jets about availability as recently as last week.
    Better than 135?

Blasphemy! Where is this better section you speak of? w/o shelling out $700 a ticket that is. The only thing I can think of is Lower Prime (137 n 140) but then you lose leg room and double the PSL.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike135 View Post
    Better than 135?

Blasphemy! Where is this better section you speak of? w/o shelling out $700 a ticket that is. The only thing I can think of is Lower Prime (137 n 140) but then you lose leg room and double the PSL.
    Doesn't matter, since you have to throw two games in the toilet those lower sideline PSLs are basically worthless. You can cherry pick the games you want there on stubhub and come out way on top. So here's another number for you, 100.0% of PSLs in the entire stadium are completely worthless

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike135 View Post
    Better than 135?

Exactly, was considering lower prime but decided against it.. Now I'm thinking of just adding 2 in section 135. Agree, best psl section!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Doesn't matter, since you have to throw two games in the toilet those lower sideline PSLs are basically worthless. You can cherry pick the games you want there on stubhub and come out way on top. So here's another number for you, 100.0% of PSLs in the entire stadium are completely worthless
    Why all the anger and misinformation? Myself and all the other 135 ers here love our seats. The resale value is strong in that section for games you can't make. The Psl , today, due to the rebuilding of the team are not worth what was paid but that can also vary pending how the team performs. To say the psls are 100% worthless is a silly statement.

Additionally, there are many fans who got great seats throughout the stadium that they enjoy with friends and family.. Why take shots at them? If you are anti Psl that's fine, don't buy them .

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fivewide View Post
    Why all the anger and misinformation? Myself and all the other 135 ers here love our seats. The resale value is strong in that section for games you can't make. The Psl , today, due to the rebuilding of the team are not worth what was paid but that can also vary pending how the team performs. To say the psls are 100% worthless is a silly statement.

Additionally, there are many fans who got great seats throughout the stadium that they enjoy with friends and family.. Why take shots at them? If you are anti Psl that's fine, don't buy them .
    Yet another angry fan who, for some reason, chooses to spew at the fans who made their own personal informed decisions to purchase PSL's. WTF is wrong with these posters? If you're angry at Woody and the Jets fine. But for the last 4 years we've had close to a dozen idiots, including one of the Mods on this site, who elect to attempt to ridicule those who made the plunge. And now that the Jets suck, they relish in what we all expected... that values would drop after bad seasons, just like they increase after good. Let's just add GordonGecko to the list of classless morons.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see you post on other sites, and believe you have Knicks/Rangers season tickets, correct?

You keep bringing up 2 worthless Jets preseason games, yet the Knicks/Rangers make you pay for 3 worthless games, at regular high prices. You,
    for the most part have to dump them in the toilet as well. So, what's the difference?

I know there is no PSL for those teams, but their season ticket prices are insane. Right now the Knicks/Rangers seats are selling, lets see how they do when those teams struggle with those jacked up prices.

If you selected good value PSL's even in a down year, you have had no problem making a profit on most games you sell this year.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Rangers haven't had preseason games for the 3rd year straight now, and the Knicks didn't have them last season and will probably cancel this season. When the Rangers bring back preseason, most likely I'll be out and buy my games on stubhub. Preseason is the biggest scam (next to PSLs) for STHs, they force you to buy an inferior product at full price.

If you can clear the 135/142 seats you sell to make up the preseason & the PSL amortization, then that's great for you. But that has to be the exception, not the rule. PSLs are supposed to give you preferential access to tickets at below market rate. If the market rate is lower than what you have to pay, they are by definition worthless.

And these PSLs aren't even real PSLs, they're time shares. You don't get dedicated access to those seats, the Giants sell your seats to their STHs from under you, and both teams sell them to people off the street for concerts and events. If you're lucky you'll get a presale, gee thanks!!

I don't mean to hate on you guys that already bought in. If you're cash flow positive that's great, if you're not I'm sorry you got screwed. But I think people who are thinking of going in have to realize that the vast majority of these time share PSLs being offered by the Jets are a scam.

The right thing is for the Jets to LOWER prices across the board. That would re-value the PSLs. But they won't do that because the owners are greedy and they want to squeeze as much blood out of the rock while they hold you by the balls. It sucks because it's hurting the fan base, there's a lot of people who refuse to go to games now and would rather just watch from home

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Rangers haven't had preseason games for the 3rd year straight now, and the Knicks didn't have them last season and will probably cancel this season. When the Rangers bring back preseason, most likely I'll be out and buy my games on stubhub. Preseason is the biggest scam (next to PSLs) for STHs, they force you to buy an inferior product at full price.

If you can clear the 135/142 seats you sell to make up the preseason & the PSL amortization, then that's great for you. But that has to be the exception, not the rule. PSLs are supposed to give you preferential access to tickets at below market rate. If the market rate is lower than what you have to pay, they are by definition worthless.

And these PSLs aren't even real PSLs, they're time shares. You don't get dedicated access to those seats, the Giants sell your seats to their STHs from under you, and both teams sell them to people off the street for concerts and events. If you're lucky you'll get a presale, gee thanks!!

I don't mean to hate on you guys that already bought in. If you're cash flow positive that's great, if you're not I'm sorry you got screwed. But I think people who are thinking of going in have to realize that the vast majority of these time share PSLs being offered by the Jets are a scam.

The right thing is for the Jets to LOWER prices across the board. That would re-value the PSLs. But they won't do that because the owners are greedy and they want to squeeze as much blood out of the rock while they hold you by the balls. It sucks because it's hurting the fan base, there's a lot of people who refuse to go to games now and would rather just watch from home
    I'm going to cut you some slack, since you may be new here (unless you're one of those troll types who continually changes screen names). Everything you wrote above regarding MetLife PSLs has been posted on this site dozens of times already. So to spare you some anguish and embarrassment, here's what most of we PSL purchasers have acknowledged about the issue:

1. There was never any promise to give you 1st dibs on any other event at the Stadium. There is only one NFL team with PSLs that does that and it is ONLY for the Club seat purchasers and that is the Chicago Bears. We were never promised that feature nor did most of us ever expect it. That whole concept is nothing more than folklore and is true for some non NFL sports teams but not for NFL. Furthermore, what might be a great seat for football could be an atrocious seat for a concert.

2. On this site, we have agreed that the definition of PSL is an upfront ticket price increase, with no other fringe benefits. It's an extra ticket price increase that we paid in advance, on top of the face value price increase. Take 20 yard line LSL for instance ( sections 135/142)... The price for such a seat at the old dump was (I think) $95 or $105. When MetLife opened it was $140 (not including PSL) and now is $145. Now it can be argued that the shelf life of a PSL is more or less, but my conservative estimate is 20 years, figuring that a new stadium will be built in 35-40 years from the opening of Met Life. I read that some businesses accounting use a 15 year depreciation schedule, but I think that is at least 5 years short in that the Stadium itself should be around for 35 - 40 years, so I'll use 20 years in my illustration. A $10,000 PSL divided by 20 years means an up front payment in year 1 of $500/year (never mind the time value of money issue, which in low interest rate times such as these is really not all that big of a deal). That's an up front payment of $50 more per game (including preseason) on top of the face value increase of $40 - $50. Essentially, what was about a $100 ticket is now $195, with half paid in advance, factoring in a 20 year prorating of the LSL PSL. Those of us who bought in, accept this and for the most part KNEW all this going in.

3. We universally agreed that most PSL prices would decrease and do so rapidly when the team is awful. No surprise there, yet the legion of nasty anti-PSL people who inappropriately spew venom at PSL purchasers are now saying "I told you so" to something we all knew would happen. Morons. Guess what? If and when the team does well, both PSL and game day ticket value will increase over what it is now and that's the way it goes. TO all those with the "I told you so" finger waging, please... GFY. Twice. Or FY at least as many times as you have posted drivel on JI about this issue.

So you really don't need to preach to us on this site Gordon. We get it. We accept it. And I for one, don't appreciate the usual suspects continually insulting those of us whose eyes were wide open. So if your intent is truly magnanimous in warning newbies of the "dangers" of the PSL, thanks, but it is not necessary. And irritating.
    Last edited by Dcat; 07-21-2013 at 03:25 PM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure what the big to do is over PSL's....I bought one from the Jets directly last summer and I'm happy. My bigger concern is how the Jets themselves are devaluing the seats, clubs and PSL's. Some examples: parking colors: if green is only for clubs, keep it that way...now some get green parking (albeit for a higher fee) without being a club member...same with yellow for upper deckers. Selling tickets to outlets, a necessary evil but it does lower prices to some extent in a trickle down effect. As a PSL holder, I expect some benefits to holding the PSL that an upper decker doesn't get. Also, I'm not in the clubs, but I would expect them to have benefits that I don't get. It's basically pay to play and if people don't want to pony up for certain benefits, that's fine...but don't give away my benefits to those who don't pay, it only devalues my PSL.

I also think the Jets, now that they have had a few relocations in the UD should have a PSL on those seats too...small, but let those member get some skin in the game ($1500/primes and $1000 sidelines)...

But, overall, I"m fine with the whole PSL process.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bobr68 View Post
    I'm not sure what the big to do is over PSL's....I bought one from the Jets directly last summer and I'm happy. My bigger concern is how the Jets themselves are devaluing the seats, clubs and PSL's. Some examples: parking colors: if green is only for clubs, keep it that way...now some get green parking (albeit for a higher fee) without being a club member...same with yellow for upper deckers. Selling tickets to outlets, a necessary evil but it does lower prices to some extent in a trickle down effect. As a PSL holder, I expect some benefits to holding the PSL that an upper decker doesn't get. Also, I'm not in the clubs, but I would expect them to have benefits that I don't get. It's basically pay to play and if people don't want to pony up for certain benefits, that's fine...but don't give away my benefits to those who don't pay, it only devalues my PSL.

I also think the Jets, now that they have had a few relocations in the UD should have a PSL on those seats too...small, but let those member get some skin in the game ($1500/primes and $1000 sidelines)...

This is one of the few rationale PSL posts Ive read and I agree.

My family has had season tickets since 1966 (currently in upper prime) and rarely if ever miss games, and while I was disappointed with the PSL situation, they are a necessary evil in todays NFL landscape. In their defense as for the quality of the stadium, they were a bit hamstrung by sharing with the Giants in that they couldnt personalize it color/Jet wise.

Outside of the above, as much as I love the jets they are an atrociously run organization from business/management standpoint and the ticket situation is a perfect example.

You are who you are - and the Jets didnt realize it with their pricing, we arent the Giants and we the fact that we are in NY/NJ actually works against them. There are too many other things to do (2 baseball, 2 basketball, 3 hockey) teams, plus everything else that NY has to offer - this isnt Green Bay or Pittsburgh where the seats are coveted. They should have priced the PSLs at levels where they knew they could sell out and keep people in them, as thats far more important then making the incremental extra money off the original sale when the team is already hundreds of millions in the black.

As far as the preseason seats, it speaks to the popularity of the NFL game that they are full price, it really is amazing and there are so few teams where the fans drop tickets mainly because of the preseason, and unfortunately we are one of those teams.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    great post, my buddy the other week bought 2 season tix from the jets in the uppers in the $50 price range, he not only didnt have to buy the pre season tix, they gave him for free a green parking tix. the psl holders have been getting screwed from day 1.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    That would be a fantastic way to make sure those seats go unsold.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    I'm going to cut you some slack, since you may be new here (unless you're one of those troll types who continually changes screen names). Everything you wrote above regarding MetLife PSLs has been posted on this site dozens of times already. So to spare you some anguish and embarrassment, here's what most of we PSL purchasers have acknowledged about the issue:

1. There was never any promise to give you 1st dibs on any other event at the Stadium. There is only one NFL team with PSLs that does that and it is ONLY for the Club seat purchasers and that is the Chicago Bears. We were never promised that feature nor did most of us ever expect it. That whole concept is nothing more than folklore and is true for some non NFL sports teams but not for NFL. Furthermore, what might be a great seat for football could be an atrocious seat for a concert.

2. On this site, we have agreed that the definition of PSL is an upfront ticket price increase, with no other fringe benefits. It's an extra ticket price increase that we paid in advance, on top of the face value price increase. Take 20 yard line LSL for instance ( sections 135/142)... The price for such a seat at the old dump was (I think) $95 or $105. When MetLife opened it was $140 (not including PSL) and now is $145. Now it can be argued that the shelf life of a PSL is more or less, but my conservative estimate is 20 years, figuring that a new stadium will be built in 35-40 years from the opening of Met Life. I read that some businesses accounting use a 15 year depreciation schedule, but I think that is at least 5 years short in that the Stadium itself should be around for 35 - 40 years, so I'll use 20 years in my illustration. A $10,000 PSL divided by 20 years means an up front payment in year 1 of $500/year (never mind the time value of money issue, which in low interest rate times such as these is really not all that big of a deal). That's an up front payment of $50 more per game (including preseason) on top of the face value increase of $40 - $50. Essentially, what was about a $100 ticket is now $195, with half paid in advance, factoring in a 20 year prorating of the LSL PSL. Those of us who bought in, accept this and for the most part KNEW all this going in.

3. We universally agreed that most PSL prices would decrease and do so rapidly when the team is awful. No surprise there, yet the legion of nasty anti-PSL people who inappropriately spew venom at PSL purchasers are now saying "I told you so" to something we all knew would happen. Morons. Guess what? If and when the team does well, both PSL and game day ticket value will increase over what it is now and that's the way it goes. TO all those with the "I told you so" finger waging, please... GFY. Twice. Or FY at least as many times as you have posted drivel on JI about this issue.

So you really don't need to preach to us on this site Gordon. We get it. We accept it. And I for one, don't appreciate the usual suspects continually insulting those of us whose eyes were wide open. So if your intent is truly magnanimous in warning newbies of the "dangers" of the PSL, thanks, but it is not necessary. And irritating.
    Points taken and that's absolutely fair - sounds like you knew exactly what you were getting into and was a price you were comfortable with. Nothing wrong with that, and obviously you can't tell someone what to do with their money. I do wish the Jets would price tickets more in line with reality and take away the preseason games. And they really should be giving you more for your money, considering two teams play here.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    great post, my buddy the other week bought 2 season tix from the jets in the uppers in the $50 price range, he not only didnt have to buy the pre season tix, they gave him for free a green parking tix. the psl holders have been getting screwed from day 1.
    This is probably the dumbest thing they could do. Give away the green pass to sell a lousy 100 dollars worth of tickets (350 value for parking). If club holders find out about this they could lose customers that have a total value of 250k.

Dumb.