Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: PSL/Club Seat Default Letter

Jets Insider VIP
    hey look row one.... they left the door open and look what slithered in from the TGG craphole.

Gordon Schmucko = ignored permanently.
    Last edited by sg3; 07-15-2013 at 04:13 PM.

Waterboy
    ROFL - oh man this is gonna be too easy. It's on baby

Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    This is first year Jets put all 8 regular games on scorebig in the PSL sections. Insult to injury in high priced PSLs when they sell individual games below face. You actually paid for right to overpay for seats.
    You just can't make it up! But what can you do? You already paid for the PSL, so the Jets have you by the b*lls. It's just stunning to see how far the Jets continue to stick it up our *ss. It should be NO surprise to them that their ticket sales are declining.

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    You just can't make it up! But what can you do? You already paid for the PSL, so the Jets have you by the b*lls. It's just stunning to see how far the Jets continue to stick it up our *ss. It should be NO surprise to them that their ticket sales are declining.
    YEP - this is one of the things I point to when I see people start defending the Jets against people walking out on their PSL payment. The team promised that PSL seats would never be sold individually without buying the license. Low and behold, last year they were available on a select basis and now they are wholesaling tickets to scorebig. It appears that the default rate on PSLs is very high right now, so obviously they can't even sell existing PSL inventory that was also high to begin with.

The team is so f**ed. There is one and only one solution to this problem - lower face values and eliminate the requirement for 2 preseason games. PSLs are only worth something when they entitle you to tickets at below market prices. The crappiest upper deck seats are worth about $30, and the best about $60. Most lower level shouldn't even be $100. We know this will never happen, thus the situation the Jets are in.

It's only going to get worse for the team, more people will walk away from PSL payments, and some who paid in full will sue them over dumping individual tickets on the secondary market. But if they don't sell the unsold PSL seats, they risk a blackout. No way out of this one Woody

Jets Insider VIP
    This message is hidden because GordonGecko is on your ignore list.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I like the oxymoronic "Sold Out For Now" buttons on the ScoreBig website.

What a scam that site is. Stick to FanSnap and StubHub if you want true market value.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post

What a scam that site is. Stick to FanSnap and StubHub if you want true market value.
    not often, TJ that you and I have agreed over the years about ticket issues but you are clearly correct about the scam quotient at that place

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    This message is hidden because GordonGecko is on your ignore list.
    Don't post that again. I fully endorse you putting people who you don't care for on ignore. Don't spam the board with this crap though.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Don't post that again. I fully endorse you putting people who you don't care for on ignore. Don't spam the board with this crap though.
    no prob, crash

just wanted this TGG troll to know it

won't happen again

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    YEP - this is one of the things I point to when I see people start defending the Jets against people walking out on their PSL payment. The team promised that PSL seats would never be sold individually without buying the license. Low and behold, last year they were available on a select basis and now they are wholesaling tickets to scorebig. It appears that the default rate on PSLs is very high right now, so obviously they can't even sell existing PSL inventory that was also high to begin with.

The team is so f**ed. There is one and only one solution to this problem - lower face values and eliminate the requirement for 2 preseason games. PSLs are only worth something when they entitle you to tickets at below market prices. The crappiest upper deck seats are worth about $30, and the best about $60. Most lower level shouldn't even be $100. We know this will never happen, thus the situation the Jets are in.

It's only going to get worse for the team, more people will walk away from PSL payments, and some who paid in full will sue them over dumping individual tickets on the secondary market. But if they don't sell the unsold PSL seats, they risk a blackout. No way out of this one Woody
    That wont happen. The incremental price increases of the seats over the meadowlands prices raises more money over the life of the stadium than the PSL's. They sucked out any and all resale value on most of the tickets.

I see those 142s are still there at $6500. And I looked more closely and at least one of my messages to the seller was blocked by str.com saying the transactions had to be completed within the marketplace.

Waterboy
    Giants STH getting screwed too, today they got coupons to buy extra preseason games at 80% off. Their original tickets still cost 100% though.

Happy PSL day

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    hey look row one.... they left the door open and look what slithered in from the TGG craphole.

Gordon Schmucko = ignored permanently.
    With all due respect I know Gordon from multiple team websites. He is pretty good with secondary markets. While he may not see tickets as an "emotional attachment" he can show that they are not "investment gold" and can show the Jets are screwing us pretty good lately.

Just to share. I buy and sell in the secondary markets but these days mostly concerts. I picked up a pair of Giants Redskins tickets. I listed them for $160/ticket on stubhub. They show up at $178/ticket because of fees, etc.

I have enjoyed having my Jets season tickets but even the biggest anti Jets ticket person wouldn't have thought we would be seeing "decent" uppers going for $35-$45 a ticket for games in September.

Another example that the Jets are selling on stubhub. I see blocks (I say 8 or more seats) on stubhub going for below face value. Let's be honest a broker or STH wouldn't be taking a couple hundred dollar loss per game and it's only July.

If you like your seats then it's all good but a lot of us think we have "decent" seats or some even "great" seats but to see the Jets undercutting their own STHs is terrible.

a friend of mine just bought 2 season tix in the $50 price range yesterday. they are not charging him for the worthless preseason games, and they gave him the green parking pass for free. if you ask me, thats total BS. the jets surely know how to screw psl tix holders

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post

I've thought the same thing for a while now. Score Big is a charlatan of a site. Anyone who buys from or sells through it is taking a huge risk. Really.. stick to StubHub. ScoreBig = SCAM. No offense to you Alkrotaz, or anyone else who works for them.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    a friend of mine just bought 2 season tix in the $50 price range yesterday. they are not charging him for the worthless preseason games, and they gave him the green parking pass for free. if you ask me, thats total BS. the jets surely know how to screw psl tix holders
    where were they? Coaches club? LSL? Mezz A? A little more info on your "friend's" big score would be informative.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    If this is all true, the Jets may have a brewing STH mutiny on their hands.

I am betting a lot of people just walked away from Mezz B seats even if fully paid for.

I saw a few listed online in the spring for like 300-400 bucks a seat. After fees what are they looking at $500 bucks a pair.

The worthless preseason games in that section cost around $550 and you cant even break even on regular season games after fees.

I would not be surprised if folks just walked away from Paid off Mezz B seats.

Heck I can call up Jets and get Section 343 row 20 seats with free parking for $1,000 a pair today. Who would pay a psl for mezz b?

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    I've thought the same thing for a while now. Score Big is a charlatan of a site. Anyone who buys from or sells through it is taking a huge risk. Really.. stick to StubHub. ScoreBig = SCAM. No offense to you Alkrotaz, or anyone else who works for them.
    I dont work for them. They had steelers tickets for sale for a few days at below face. I think scalpers snatched them up and dumped them on stubhub and let the rest of games rot. I would rather see Jets donate seats to military and kids rather then dump them on discount sites which in turn gets dumped on stubhub which means I am competing with folks who bought below face with no PSL and no preseason.

I say we are five years away from a seat relocation giving remaining PSL holders chance to relocated to best seats then just sell remaining seats as season tickets.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    They arbitrarily group sections together with widely different seat values. They then represent this entire swath of seats with the face value of the most expensive seat in that entire "grouping". But you're never going to get the seat in that most expensive section. You're getting the worst seat available and your perceived "discount" will likely be over actual face for a seat in that section.

Just checking the actual Jets face values versus SB stated face value, I believe they are using ticket master face value - otherwise it is straight up fraud. Upper Deck Prime are not $144 a seat and a 10% discount on that is still above face value.

What a joke.