Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: PSL/Club Seat Default Letter

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    woody bought the equivilent of an old mans bar with cheap drinks and tried to make it a trendy bar with expensive seats and keep the old customers at same time.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    woody bought the equivilent of an old mans bar with cheap drinks and tried to make it a trendy bar with expensive seats and keep the old customers at same time.
    Maybe he'll sell the Jets to scorebig and they'll promote you to Executive Director of the franchise, row one.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Maybe he'll sell the Jets to scorebig and they'll promote you to Executive Director of the franchise, row one.
    And maybe 227 will invite you to his 50 yard line row one upper prime seats so you can enjoy the PSL free view.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well at least his sons can't screw things up anymore than Hank and Hal Steinbrenner have done with their fathers team.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    Well at least his sons can't screw things up anymore than Hank and Hal Steinbrenner have done with their fathers team.
    Common....They didn't hit Cano in the knee with 98 mph heat.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I recall speaking with the second in charge at Jets who had since quit. He had a big discussion with him arm twisting him to cut the PSL prices to 2.5K in LLEZ and cut the prices in LSL.

Woody had a price in his head and was not keen on discounting. Did not matter whole PSL squad could not sell the product at that price and opening day was coming up quick.

Dont know if it would help you.

God Bless Woody. Those two little kids and his young wife are the future of the stadium. He already said his dream is to have his two sons run it. I guess wife and kids get Jets in like 25 years.
    not sure it would help. my point to him would be that he's cheaping the value of the club seats and that's not a smart business move.

hopefully he's around for a while before the kids take over. they were pretty young :-)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    True. That would all make sense if the assumption is that they want the team and the headache that goes with it. More likely, they rather have the money from a sale. These kids could grow up to care less about the team.

Also assuming Woody doesn't sell in the next few years. Which is entirely possible.
    why do you think Woody would sell in the next few years?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    not sure it would help. my point to him would be that he's cheaping the value of the club seats and that's not a smart business move.

hopefully he's around for a while before the kids take over. they were pretty young :-)
    Club seats are worthless. I see row one mezz clubs going for half price.

Woody killed them multiple ways. Sky high ticket price for most yet no free food like Great Hall Club which is same price ticket as some sections. Green Parking anyone can get. Cant see field from inside club so pointless in rain and cold weather. Mezz Club corner seats row 11 how is that any better than UD prime between 40s with no PSL. Half empty corporate types make for a poor game day experience. No special things, no extra shots at superbowl

The one to two days a year it rains I can stay home, bring a poncho or buy cheap cheap covered Mezz B or LLEZ tickets.

Finally, you get laughed at with those seats for overpaying.

Mezz seats are widely overpriced, plus the elevator is stupid. If you are in a low row by the aisle on visitors side you are in and out quicker anyhow. Plus you get green parking anyhow

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    3 Touchdown Club Sideline 212 14 5 - 7 $3,000

Yep on line 1k each, 3k for all. And it says best offer so 3k is the most you will pay.

Talk about destruction of club seat value, even if I wanted them why would I buy them before preseason and get stuck with that bill.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Club seats are worthless. I see row one mezz clubs going for half price.

Woody killed them multiple ways. Sky high ticket price for most yet no free food like Great Hall Club which is same price ticket as some sections. Green Parking anyone can get. Cant see field from inside club so pointless in rain and cold weather. Mezz Club corner seats row 11 how is that any better than UD prime between 40s with no PSL. Half empty corporate types make for a poor game day experience. No special things, no extra shots at superbowl

The one to two days a year it rains I can stay home, bring a poncho or buy cheap cheap covered Mezz B or LLEZ tickets.

Finally, you get laughed at with those seats for overpaying.

Mezz seats are widely overpriced, plus the elevator is stupid. If you are in a low row by the aisle on visitors side you are in and out quicker anyhow. Plus you get green parking anyhow
    in general i agree that the Jets have changed many things that make the clubs less valuable. the green parking is just one example. not being able to see the field is another. there are others.

i wanted a better experience especially when i take my son to the game in a couple of years. i did not like the experience at the old stadium.

i have 2 tickets. if they are overpriced by 50 dollars each that's 1k a year. while that sucks to ever be getting ripped off, 1k is frankly not even a rounding error. however, if the experience sucks i am more likely to just give up my tickets.

for the Jets that's a $250k plus error. and i can't be the only one with these views. hard to win back these customers as well.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep on line 1k each, 3k for all. And it says best offer so 3k is the most you will pay.

Talk about destruction of club seat value, even if I wanted them why would I buy them before preseason and get stuck with that bill.
    Talk about a disaster of a purchase. Those PSLs were $15000 each, so $45,000 total for three and he's taking a $42,000 loss.

So why would anyone be willing to do that?

Well, face value for those seats is $295, or $88,500 per season, self-explanatory.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Talk about a disaster of a purchase. Those PSLs were $15000 each, so $45,000 total for three and he's taking a $42,000 loss.

Well, face value for those seats is $295, or $88,500 per season, self-explanatory.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Huh? I'm going to need an explanation.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

you need to go back to Grade school and take Math 101 again. :-)

he's going to walk away. he figures he might as well try to get some hooker and coke money out of it. if not, he walks next year.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    love it.

but Woody is making a mistake with what he is doing with excess seats. especially in the clubs where PSL wasn't as big of a deal as the on going seat cost.

first, he should have offered it up to existing club seat holders and then offer them up at a discount to club holders.

think it's even better to leave them unsold versus selling them for half face.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

club corner PSLs have always been $5,000 each . Not $15,000. So, it's a $12,000 loss.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, face value for those seats is $295, or $88,50 per season, self-explanatory.
    Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    you need to go back to Grade school and take Math 101 again. :-)

he's going to walk away. he figures he might as well try to get some hooker and coke money out of it. if not, he walks next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    club corner PSLs have always been $5,000 each . Not $15,000. So, it's a $12,000 loss.
    lol sorry off by a decimal point. dunce cap for me ...

Sideline 212 are $295 per ticket. 3 seats x 10 games = $8,850 in ticket costs per year, after the $15,000 per seat PSL
    http://www.newyorkjets.com/tickets-a...ing-chart.html
    Last edited by GordonGecko; 07-17-2013 at 02:50 PM.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Section 212 is club sideline, not corner so he is correct in the $15K per seat cost for PSL's but the rest of the math is wonky. 3 seats @ $295 each are $8,850 per season. Don't know why anyone would do this unless they can't afford the $9K and figure they're going to lose them anyway.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    41275 3 Touchdown Club Sideline 212 14 5 - 7 $3,000

Club sideline is 15K each. So he paid 45K. Plus since the ticket price is $295 each first four seasons of stadium he paid $36,400 for tickets.

WOW. That is a whopping $80,400 check to the Jets for four years of being a ticket holder for just three seats.

Even if he gets 3k back after fees he be lucky to get a little over 2k.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pythonpete View Post
    Section 212 is club sideline, not corner so he is correct in the $15K per seat cost for PSL's but the rest of the math is wonky. 3 seats @ $295 each are $8,850 per season. Don't know why anyone would do this unless they can't afford the $9K and figure they're going to lose them anyway.
    haha yeah my bad had an extra x 10 in the spreadsheet