Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: PSL/Club Seat Default Letter

Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    NJ folks think traffic is bad on LI and LI folks think traffic is bad on NJ.
    having suffered through both LIE/Northern State/GCP traffic for 24 years followed by Rte 80/Rte 280/Rte 287 and GSP traffic for 27 years, I think I'm in a good position to make a comparison. Both have their awful moments, but on the whole, agonizing traffic is much more of a sure thing for you poor LIers. You have my sympathies.

Jersey drivers are the worst so usually when folks from Jersey are driving they create traffic. Folks in LI DONT like to Drive, that is a Jersey thing. We would love to hop train to city to see game, not deal with GWB traffic jams.
    complete hogwash and comical. Nice work.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    I wouldn't argue with points 2 3 and 4. However the others:

1. I will repeat myself again. PSL's have zero to do with what a stadium costs to build or maintain. They have everything to do with what the market would bear. Yes, PSL's would be higher in a NYC stadium but that is only because there would be more demand.
    4. A wash? Please. Not for the fans that's for sure. As the exclusive psl holder for a seat more then likely you would get first dibs on any non-football event. The 2014 Super Bowl is probably a one time event. The NFL did it to help the Giants and Jets get naming rights. It worked. I would be very surprised if it came back again. A NYC stadium with a retractable roof would be a mecca for sports in the country and the Jets would own it 100%. No way MetLife ever achieves that status.
    5. See point 1. Sorry but you're just wrong.
    1. Private financed stadiums have PSL's... The NYC dream stadium would have been at least 25% more expensive to build due to NYC construction laws and regulations. So my Mezz A PSL now at $4k, would have been $10K or more since the Jets would have been solo on the stadium. Also factor in the ticket price and it would be much more expensive to be a STH. WOuld you be a STH in NYC????

4. I do get first dibs on ALL non football events. If the Super Bowl is a success $$$ wise, you know it will be back here again. The NYC stadium is a dream that did not come true, and I was on board for that. I would have figured out something for the tailgate (houseboat perhaps...)

5. No I am not wrong... NYC would have been a lot more expensive... You think you and your fellow Jets fans from LI would pony up to pay more for PSL's if there was a NYC stadium... doubt it... and the same would be true for a lot of the NJ Jets fans...
    LI is a pain to get to from everywhere, as is NJ for LI'ers since there are two ways in and out. My record commute home to North NJ from Cablevision out in LI, who was a client at one time, was 9 hours!

And I will add that LI is not a great place for tax payer supported stadiums as you know what happened to the Islanders... that is the only way to avoid PSL's.

Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    1. Private financed stadiums have PSL's... The NYC dream stadium would have been at least 25% more expensive to build due to NYC construction laws and regulations. So my Mezz A PSL now at $4k, would have been $10K or more since the Jets would have been solo on the stadium. Also factor in the ticket price and it would be much more expensive to be a STH. WOuld you be a STH in NYC????

4. I do get first dibs on ALL non football events. If the Super Bowl is a success $$$ wise, you know it will be back here again. The NYC stadium is a dream that did not come true, and I was on board for that. I would have figured out something for the tailgate (houseboat perhaps...)

5. No I am not wrong... NYC would have been a lot more expensive... You think you and your fellow Jets fans from LI would pony up to pay more for PSL's if there was a NYC stadium... doubt it... and the same would be true for a lot of the NJ Jets fans...
    LI is a pain to get to from everywhere, as is NJ for LI'ers since there are two ways in and out. My record commute home to North NJ from Cablevision out in LI, who was a client at one time, was 9 hours!

And I will add that LI is not a great place for tax payer supported stadiums as you know what happened to the Islanders... that is the only way to avoid PSL's.

We might have got Olympics bid if we had a covered stadium in Manhattan. US Open was interested in utilizing it to And Jacobs Javitts center. It would of had tons of concerts and shows for revenue. Being a covered climate controlled 70,000 seat facility in Manhattan is would be busy all year.

Jets if they acted quickly could have gone in with Mets on a multipurpose domed stadium. Much better public transportation. NJ Transit is a joke to Jets with limited schedule, switching trains and high cost and fact it is train to nowhere, A dream would be to hitting bars in Bell Blvd Queens or NYC and then 20 minutes to game time hopping on a train.

A covered stadium would be amazing. Imagine taking wives and kids to a game in December with a 30 minute commute, no tolls, no gas, no hats, scarf and gloves it would be amazing. As opposed to now where last three games of year are miserable.

We might have got Olympics bid if we had a covered stadium in Manhattan. US Open was interested in utilizing it to And Jacobs Javitts center. It would of had tons of concerts and shows for revenue. Being a covered climate controlled 70,000 seat facility in Manhattan is would be busy all year.

Jets if they acted quickly could have gone in with Mets on a multipurpose domed stadium. Much better public transportation. NJ Transit is a joke to Jets with limited schedule, switching trains and high cost and fact it is train to nowhere, A dream would be to hitting bars in Bell Blvd Queens or NYC and then 20 minutes to game time hopping on a train.

A covered stadium would be amazing. Imagine taking wives and kids to a game in December with a 30 minute commute, no tolls, no gas, no hats, scarf and gloves it would be amazing. As opposed to now where last three games of year are miserable.
    Domed stadium would be nice but who wants to take their wife to a football game? Most people I know it's a great set up. The kids and dad go to the game the wife stays home and relaxes. Everyone is happy.

For me now the stadium is 30-40 mins away. Tolls are a couple stops on the Garden State Parkway and gas to go from exit 131 on the GSP to the stadium isn't too bad.

A shared stadium for baseball and football turns out to be crappy looking for one of the teams. Look at the Dolphins place, it looked crappy for baseball. The Mets would never had done it. Once again, NY blew it for football get over it. NJ had it act together, to bad our owner built a dump

Jets Insider VIP

Olympic don't make $$$, although it would have been cool to see. Cold weather is what football is supposed to be played in... Public transportation on a Sunday would have its challanges, but for those taking the train it would be better... for those who tailgate and drive not so much better.

Bars/Tailgate are equal, although ever try going to the bars before a Yankee game?? sometimes can't get in...

You would still have to have the hats and jackets for the winter games getting to a from the stadium, but we are just imagining things with is as it does not exist... a roof could have just as easily been put on Met Life and still can as the top is equal all around.

Yes I would have been a STHer for a NYC stadium. Manhattan or Queens

1. You have yet to show me the connection between PSL's and cost of the stadium. The Jet's tried to get higher PSL's on many seats didn't they? What was the original PSL the Jets wanted for your seats. They didn't sell so they had to cut costs. It's strictly the laws of supply and demand. Yes your psl would have been higher in a NY stadium but that is because the demand would be higher not the because the stadium costed the Jets more.
    5. Yes there are more Jet fans in Queens/LI that dropped out of or were never involved with a Jet NJ stadium. Like myself they would buy Jet tickets in a heartbeat had there been a NY stadium and there are lot more of them then Jersey people who would have dropped out.
    Last edited by Queens Jet Fan; 06-27-2013 at 03:21 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    Yes I would have been a STHer for a NYC stadium. Manhattan or Queens

1. You have yet to show me the connection between PSL's and cost of the stadium. The Jet's tried to get higher PSL's on many seats didn't they? What was the original PSL the Jets wanted for your seats. They didn't sell so they had to cut costs. It's strictly the laws of supply and demand. Yes your psl would have been higher in a NY stadium but that is because the demand would be higher not the because the stadium costed the Jets more.
    5. Yes there are more Jet fans in Queens/LI that dropped out of or were never involved with a Jet NJ stadium. Like myself they would buy Jet tickets in a heartbeat had there been a NY stadium and there are lot more of them then Jersey people who would have dropped out.
    1. We will never know as the team did not sell out Shea on a regular basis and have been in NJ for 29 or their 52 years for a reason.

5. A extra 20-30 minute drive prevents you from going to games???

Olympic don't make $$$, although it would have been cool to see. Cold weather is what football is supposed to be played in... Public transportation on a Sunday would have its challanges, but for those taking the train it would be better... for those who tailgate and drive not so much better.

Bars/Tailgate are equal, although ever try going to the bars before a Yankee game?? sometimes can't get in...

You would still have to have the hats and jackets for the winter games getting to a from the stadium, but we are just imagining things with is as it does not exist... a roof could have just as easily been put on Met Life and still can as the top is equal all around.
    You're lying you're a$$ off that bars and tailgates are equal. Can you fly 16 flags on 20-30 foot poles inside a bar?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    You're lying you're a$$ off that bars and tailgates are equal. Can you fly 16 flags on 20-30 foot poles inside a bar?
    just being nice, of course tailgates are better because we do it right with a great crew. Plus those who b!tch about $$$ now, would be so much more flamed up if they had to by $10 beers BEFORE the game. Merge with me in L11 next year.

1. We will never know as the team did not sell out Shea on a regular basis and have been in NJ for 29 or their 52 years for a reason.

5. A extra 20-30 minute drive prevents you from going to games???
    1. True we will never know. Shea did sell out except for the first few years while they were growing the fanbase.
    5. Going to games it's like an extra 45 minutes. Coming home it's an extra 1-1 1/2 hours and yes that does make a difference.

just being nice, of course tailgates are better because we do it right with a great crew. Plus those who b!tch about $$$ now, would be so much more flamed up if they had to by $10 beers BEFORE the game. Merge with me in L11 next year.
    I swear I'm crashing your tailgate next year. I'll bring a grill if needed, assorted grillables, and as much beer as is necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    I swear I'm crashing your tailgate next year. I'll bring a grill if needed, assorted grillables, and as much beer as is necessary.
    You have to bring a flag of the state of New Jersey to raise up and call ourselves the New Jersey Jets since they now even practice here.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    anytime... let me know and I will let you know what we have going on any particular week...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I am probably one of the few real NYC people. I was born in Manhattan. I lived in Manhattan for many years, I have always worked in Manhattan.
    Sorry pal. You're now just a run of the mill B&T'er - deal with it. We don't need you speaking for us.

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Of course, enjoy 331, I'll stick with my great seats
    "great seats" don't mean **** this year. Already, lowers on stubhub are going for about face. If you think that's a good thing, just wait until you see how stubhub changed their pricing model. The new listings are an "all-in" price and includes the buyer fees (commission + delivery).

So if you list a ticket and it shows up as $125, this is how you get your money:

$125.00
    - $2.00 flat delivery fee
    -------
    $123.00
    -$11.18 (buyer fee, 10%)
    -------
    $111.82
    -$16.77 (seller fee, 15%)
    --------
    $95.05

That's right, this year for a buyer to pay $125 face, you only collect $95 and basically eat 24% in fees!!

And this does not include associated costs of the PSL and the 2 essentially worthless pre-season games.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    "great seats" don't mean **** this year. Already, lowers on stubhub are going for about face. If you think that's a good thing, just wait until you see how stubhub changed their pricing model. The new listings are an "all-in" price and includes the buyer fees (commission + delivery).

So if you list a ticket and it shows up as $125, this is how you get your money:

$125.00
    - $2.00 flat delivery fee
    -------
    $123.00
    -$11.18 (buyer fee, 10%)
    -------
    $111.82
    -$16.77 (seller fee, 15%)
    --------
    $95.05

That's right, this year for a buyer to pay $125 face, you only collect $95 and basically eat 24% in fees!!

And this does not include associated costs of the PSL and the 2 essentially worthless pre-season games.
    Jets are selling seats below face. How do you know the seller paid face and is losing money?

I also dont like the new pricing scheme. I put some tickets up on stub hub on declining price two weeks ago and when I checked this weekend it looked like they were listed for more. Turns out if you do $200 declining price to $100 for first two or three weeks it is shown as listed above $200.

Preseason games are listed as low as $6 bucks. That includes fees. So how much is seller getting for ticket? Almost nothing.

Only Stealers and Pats are worth anything. When Jets put single games on sale in a few weeks there will be plenty of them at face too.

This is first year Jets put all 8 regular games on scorebig in the PSL sections. Insult to injury in high priced PSLs when they sell individual games below face. You actually paid for right to overpay for seats.

Jets Insider VIP
    did you at least pay some sort of fee to Sooth for another of your advertisements for scorebig?

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    did you at least pay some sort of fee to Sooth for another of your advertisements for scorebig?
    I guess I'm a little late to the party since I hang out on a different website, but I've come across a bunch of your posts that are completely laughable. It's pretty clear that you either (a) work directly for the Jets, (b) work for someone affiliated with the Jets, or (c) are related to someone at the Jets. A, B, or C, don't really care - bottom line is you are not to be trusted.

I'll be compiling and keeping track of prices on the secondary market starting in a couple weeks for the entire season. If you have a specific section & row you want me to track, please let me know so I can put on record how well these "great" seats are supposedly faring.

Money Talks, Bull*hit Walks.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    I guess I'm a little late to the party since I hang out on a different website, but I've come across a bunch of your posts that are completely laughable. It's pretty clear that you either (a) work directly for the Jets, (b) work for someone affiliated with the Jets, or (c) are related to someone at the Jets. A, B, or C, don't really care - bottom line is you are not to be trusted.

I'll be compiling and keeping track of prices on the secondary market starting in a couple weeks for the entire season. If you have a specific section & row you want me to track, please let me know so I can put on record how well these "great" seats are supposedly faring.

Money Talks, Bull*hit Walks.
    Sucky-sucky, $10,000 dollar PSL. Me love you long time. Too long time."