Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: PSL/Club Seat Default Letter

Aside from a $900/seat bid for my 129 row 29 seats, I haven't gotten any nibbles. I just dropped them to $1250/seat on seasonticketrights.com.. if anyone wants them for $1125/seat (my net after their fees), they're yours. I would rather do the transaction without the intermediary. 2 seats available, 2 seats off the aisle.

2 Jets PSL licenses for sale in Section 137, between rows 23-27 (the exact row/seat location can be disclosed upon request), including the 2013 regular season tickets. These seats are on the 40-yard line, on the visitors side of the stadium. Amazing seats with a fantastic view of the field (the picture above was taken from the exact seat location). These seats are the fourth and fifth seats away from the aisle that separates Sections 137 and 139. The seats in Section 137 are $155 per ticket per game ($1550 for each season ticket). In the next section over (Section 139), that price jumps to $420 per seat per game, so these seats are a great value for the location.

It has gotten so bad I see these seats on ebay at 38K or best offer and he is throwing in entire 2013 tickets for free.

Scary part is on the aisle or lower row seats in LGL, LSL, LSL Select and Lower prime are gong below face.

Folks were nuts to buy club seats. I bet you could get these two seats above for 30K and 40 yard line tickets at a face of $155 you can sell all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I disagree

I think the deadbeats that got a free ride last season (using their tickets but not paying their PSL payment in November should be ready for a default judgment

And before I get attacked for my lack of sympathy for those who may have lost their jobs or had some other financial setback, there are 400 different outlets available for an individual really in such a bind to sell his or her PSL on the secondary market, probably for a loss, but transferring it to another STH and thus no longer being in default on your PSL

They are not the group that this letter is addressed at. It is those who paid their deposit and not much more and failed to make the legally required payment last November and have taken no actions to sell or transfer their PSL thinking that they will continue to skate by without fulfilling a signed contract

not that sympathetic a group
    No one is getting sh*t for PSZls on the secondary market right now. Stop kidding yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    No one is getting sh*t for PSZls on the secondary market right now. Stop kidding yourself.
    I hate to quote SAR but 90% of seats Jets sold were worthless from the get go. If you did not pick a good seat you were screwed.

Jets I hear are considering doing seat reallocations in the PSL sections to folks in good standing in a few weeks, after they start seizing PSLs

Best course of action is to pay up, hope someone with better seats drops out you can move seats to a better location and then as soon as jets have a winning season sell them.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    I hate to quote SAR but 90% of seats Jets sold were worthless from the get go. If you did not pick a good seat you were screwed.

Jets I hear are considering doing seat reallocations in the PSL sections to folks in good standing in a few weeks, after they start seizing PSLs

Best course of action is to pay up, hope someone with better seats drops out you can move seats to a better location and then as soon as jets have a winning season sell them.
    what if you already have the best value seats in the building?

what if you already have the best value seats in the building?
    Value is judged two ways. You go to every game and the seats suit you the best, or based soley on resale.

Some folks are quirky. I know folks who like last row Mezz A in middle of aisle as no one crosses in front of them and they can jump over bar in and out and stand as much as they want with no one behind them. Those are crappy seats for resale. I know folks who like it as high as possible and dont like aisle seats in lower level. Those are crappy resale seats.

Some folks like under cover, but back of LLEZ and back of Mezz B are terrible resale.

Lucky folks are folks who personally like the seats with the highest resale.

Value is judged two ways. You go to every game and the seats suit you the best, or based soley on resale.

Some folks are quirky. I know folks who like last row Mezz A in middle of aisle as no one crosses in front of them and they can jump over bar in and out and stand as much as they want with no one behind them. Those are crappy seats for resale. I know folks who like it as high as possible and dont like aisle seats in lower level. Those are crappy resale seats.

Some folks like under cover, but back of LLEZ and back of Mezz B are terrible resale.

Lucky folks are folks who personally like the seats with the highest resale.
    Best value right now is StubHub day of game.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    There's nothing for anyone walking away to worry about. What the hell could the Jets honestly do aside from bringing someone to court and asking for the remainder of the PSL money? Good luck. That'll go over well.

There would be a huge lawsuit against the Jets from thousands of fans in 10 minutes.
    On what legal basis could the PSL holders in default sue the Jets for trying to collect money legally owed under contract? 124, Esq.?

I'll give you bad PR... they may not give a damn.

All League
    where is SAR when you need him?

Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    Best value right now is StubHub day of game.
    It is all about location my man. Some PSLs seats that sold recently have sold for double the original price.

I still think best value in stadium was row one LLEZ corners for $2,500 each. Those sell for double or triple game day ticket prices and PSLs have sold for double or triple. Night and day next to row 40 middle of the aisle LLEZ. I now say 95% of jets seats are near worthless and should have never been bought with 20/20 hindsight

Jets Insider VIP
    LSL high row is, has been and always will be the best value and the best seats in the stadium.

All League
    The Jets got themselves into this mess by allowing people to buy PSL's with no money down and with 15 year payment plans. Essentially, they replicated some of the issues that mortgage companies did during the subprime fiasco. Buyers have no skin in the game.

Four years in, people should have significant "equity" in their PSL's that would incentivize them to keep paying. Even if they didn't want to keep them, they should be able to sell their PSL's for more than they owe.

At this point, we are 3-4 years into the PSL process. By this point, the average PSL balance should be less than 50% of the original face value.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

LSL high row is, has been and always will be the best value and the best seats in the stadium.
    That was my favorite place to sit in the old stadium. Great view and the overhang from the Mezz protected you from sun and rain.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    That was my favorite place to sit in the old stadium. Great view and the overhang from the Mezz protected you from sun and rain.
    no overhang in the new place Paulie, so you aren't protected from the elements, but the view from the LSL high rows is the best in the stadium. I would rank the first row (as it was in GS) the best seats if all you are interested in is reselling them but the absolute worst place to watch a football game.

It is all about location my man. Some PSLs seats that sold recently have sold for double the original price.

I still think best value in stadium was row one LLEZ corners for $2,500 each. Those sell for double or triple game day ticket prices and PSLs have sold for double or triple. Night and day next to row 40 middle of the aisle LLEZ. I now say 95% of jets seats are near worthless and should have never been bought with 20/20 hindsight
    I'll roll the dice on the 95% on StubHub on the day of game and have someone else eat the PS.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    I'll roll the dice on the 95% on StubHub on the day of game and have someone else eat the PS.
    I think this is around the 74th time you've announced your plan to use stubhub. We heard you. Enjoy.paying 2+ times face for any decent seats or discounted prices for really crappy ones. I hope it works out well for you.

In secondary market I highly agree. Not in primary where they sold for 10K. I thought that high row on the aisle 142 seat by 140 was a great deal at $5,500 and still a good deal at its current price of $6,500 at its original $10,000 price how can you defend and asset that fell 45% in value in 36 months.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet View Post
    where is SAR when you need him?
    You need him?

All Pro
    This debacle may be the death-blow for PSLs in future stadium projects. And it would be a good thing. I had hoped enough people would stay away from these horrid things to make the whole project a bust. Looks like it just took a few extra years.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    This debacle may be the death-blow for PSLs in future stadium projects. And it would be a good thing. I had hoped enough people would stay away from these horrid things to make the whole project a bust. Looks like it just took a few extra years.
    nice idea but unfortunately for this pipe dream, the majority of the non-club PSL seats are fully paid for. And an even larger majority of those STHS are happy with the seats they have and glad they were able to afford to obtain them. In my example, I languished in the horrible UD of GS for 27 years but was able to afford the luxury of moving to terrific LSL seats at Met Life that I look forward to sitting in each football season. Unless you are speaking about the rear end of Mezz B, you would find that most of the season ticket holders are happy with what they got.

As to the cost, thankfully I could afford it and have paid off two of my licenses in full and have 2 payments remaining on the third. I think my situation is more the rule than the exception to the rule.