Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    To see Geno "The Jet"
    replying "no comment" in an attempt to smooth over the fact Sanchez didn't
    invite him west tells me he's an idiot

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Solid thread. Will read again.
    I wasn't done with my thread bf my CAT hit enter wen I walked away frm my laptop 4 a sec... Lol! sorry man. My Cat loves to lay on it to draw heat frm the vent bc he is getting up there in age... he can screwup some shi*, let me tell ya...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    replying "no comment" in an attempt to smooth over the fact Sanchez didn't
    invite him west tells me he's an idiot
    Guess you missed his explanation. Or that he wasn't trying to smooth over anything.

Must be stressful to know so much.

Got to be impressed when people make these kinds of statements, as if they know anything more from him saying two words.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Guess you missed his explanation. Or that he wasn't trying to smooth over anything.
    http://ca.news.yahoo.com/jets-smith-...201025760.html

By Dennis Waszak Jr., The Associated Press | The Canadian Press – Thu, 13 Jun, 2013
    FLORHAM PARK, N.J. - Geno Smith is totally cool with camping out with Mark Sanchez.

The New York Jets' rookie quarterback clarified his "no comment" responses from Wednesday — that seemed to suggest there could be some tension between the two guys competing for the starting job — when asked if he would join Sanchez's "Jets West" workouts next month normally held at Mission Viejo High School.

"Myself and Mark had never discussed that," Smith said Thursday after the team completed its three-day minicamp. "It kind of caught me off guard because it's not on my schedule or anything. So, I was like, 'What is Jets West?'

"Basically, I didn't comment because I was always taught that if you don't know exactly what you're answering about not to comment on it. We haven't talked about it, but from my understanding, it's something that's done annually and all the guys go out there and it's a great event."

Sanchez usually invites all of the team's offensive skill players to spend a week working out together at his alma mater, and to bond as teammates as they wait for training camp to begin.

While Smith said that Sanchez hadn't "officially extended the hand to me," he insisted that there's "no problem there" between the two.

"I'm more than willing to go there, get some work, work with the guys and do all that stuff because it helps team bonding," Smith said. "I fully support that."

With Smith and Sanchez locked in such a tight competition, some wondered Wednesday if the second-round draft pick planned to go.

"No comment," Smith said curiously.

He was then asked why he wouldn't comment.

"I'd rather not comment on that," he said, raising a few more eyebrows.

He offered no comment again when asked if he had been invited. Sanchez didn't want to discuss "Jets West" on Wednesday, saying his focus was only on minicamp, but did add that "everyone's always been invited."

Both Sanchez and Smith have said all the right things during the off-season, complimenting each other and never showing any signs or suggesting — other than the "no comment" this week — that there's any rift between the two.

"Mark's a great guy, and he welcomed me with open arms," Smith said. "All of these guys have. I've never felt any type of negative vibe from him or any guys."