Thread: Ropati Pitoitua

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Ropati Pitoitua

The Nashville Tennessean cautions to not be "surprised" when Titans DE Ropati Pitoitua lines up as a starter in Week 1.

Derrick Morgan and Kamerion Wimbley are easily the Titans' top two edge rushers, but the coaching staff wants to rotate the two more this season in order to keep them fresh. Pitoitua (6-foot-8, 315) was signed to a one-year deal, and he brings some much-needed beef to a defense that was gashed by the run in 2012. Expect Pitoitua to anchor the strong side when he's in the game.

Source: Nashville Tennessean
    A break from the Hernandez bashing/circus/soap opera/disaster/murder/stupidity/cheating/lying/evidence destroying/bad policing/etc debates for a second.

I, for one, hope Ropati earns a start. The guy fought hard to come back from his injury back 3 years ago, and always seemed like a good, hard worker.

Another player I'll root for this upcoming season.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still love when Jenkins put him on his shoulders and carried him to the cart.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    A break from the Hernandez bashing/circus/soap opera/disaster/murder/stupidity/cheating/lying/evidence destroying/bad policing/etc debates for a second.

I, for one, hope Ropati earns a start. The guy fought hard to come back from his injury back 3 years ago, and always seemed like a good, hard worker.

+1

Much respect for an unheralded player who works his ass off, and overcomes adversity to earn a starting spot in the NFL. Good luck to him, except when he lines up against the Jets.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    +1

Much respect for an unheralded player who works his ass off, and overcomes adversity to earn a starting spot in the NFL. Good luck to him, except when he lines up against the Jets.
    Word!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck to him. Shame he got hurt when he was with us.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Good luck to him. Shame he got hurt when he was with us.
    I'm sure you cried a river when it happened.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't see it happening.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

That dude deserves any spot he gets on any NFL team, and I wish him all the best.....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TechJet View Post
    That dude deserves any spot he gets on any NFL team, and I wish him all the best.....
    Except Sept. 29, when I wish he will absolutely suck, miss tackles and assignments and manhandled by our OL.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought he played for the Chiefs last year, is he back with us?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wasn't the knock on this guy that his height (6'8" ?) was a detriment in the trenches, making it hard for him to get position against OL?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    I thought he played for the Chiefs last year, is he back with us?
    Tennessee.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    +1

+2

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only thing this guy is "shore"ing up is a waste of a roster spot. Good luck Titans, dude's a ****in' bum.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing against Pitoitua but hes no longer a Jet and never made his mark as a Jet. Now I can see validation for plenty of Revis posts in the future but Ropati posts? Just not interesting.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are we still making threads about this guy? Jesus. Rex hypes everyone up. That fricken Hard Knocks episode did wonders for this guys rep. Can't play.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Dude looks awesome.......we will see how he goes live soon enough. Early results in.......he is not a waste.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bongo59 View Post
    Dude looks awesome.......we will see how he goes live soon enough. Early results in.......he is not a waste.
    BONGO LIVES!!!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bongo59 View Post
    Need......more......bogus.......draft rumors.......