Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 7-11

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    True man, its not like teachers unions try to protect the pedo... er... wait a second, actually its not that different after all.
    Two wrongs don't make it right. I am a Catholic, sent both kids through catholic school. The scandal is bad, terrible. Like Penn state/State Penn.

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    LOL...now you toss Islam into the discussion for some reason? You're a little kooky these days.
    Exosing you as a hypocrite isn't kooky.

One religion you hold all members, top to bottom, accountable for the actions of a small minority of individuals.

The other, who does far worse that sex abuse, you stridently and consistently defend as being only a few individuals, despite consistent polling data showing as much as 25-50% support for terrorism amongst their faithful (i.e. hundreds of millions of people in support).

I guess if you response to Catholics priests repeatedly anally raping little boys and being re-asigned to other parishes with... "But, but, teachers are worse" that somehow makes it seem not so bad? I didn't know it was a completion.
    Let me requote what I said about the Church.

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    What the Church did was evil.
    As you can see, clear and unquestionable...and better yet, consistent.

I don't know how much teachers spent, it's doesn't really change the fact that the church spent 3 billion.
    How can you not know? You're apparently a subject matter expert on the Church (one you're not a memeber of), but you don't know anything it seems about the group that your own spouse is a dues payign memebr of, a group who sexually abuses more children than any other profession is the United States?

And stop the silly talk about a few bad apples, the church as an institution, from the top down, protected and condoned those sick perverts. They knew as a whole, and did nothing....actually WORSE then nothing, they let it continue with new victims.
    Just like the Teacher's Union and many Administrations in many U.S. jurisdictions, where teachers for ages were moved, not fired, for their transgressions, and families paid off or delegitimized.

The Church and the Teacher's Union are one and the same on this issue. And thats why you're a hypocrite, because you denounce (loudly) one, and ignore completely (or worse, minimize and excuse) the other.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    True man, its not like teachers unions try to protect the pedo... er... wait a second, actually its not that different after all.
    The Vatican put a down payment on a island, their plan for that island? Put all the pedophile Priests on it. That was over 30 years ago, they have not defended their pedophiles they hid them and kept is a secret for generations. A teacher's union provides a defense attorney.

Yep, no difference there at all......

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    The Vatican put a down payment on a island, their plan for that island? Put all the pedophile Priests on it. That was over 30 years ago, they have not defended their pedophiles they hid them and kept is a secret for generations. A teacher's union provides a defense attorney.

I heard they were going to name it Rubber Room Island

Perhaps your day time would be better spent familiarizing yourself with the details of the 1,800 pages of now-pending legislation on Immigration Reform?

I assume you've read it all already, right, professional interest and all that?

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    I heard they were going to name it Rubber Room Island
    New York doesn't represent the entire teaching profession.

Perhaps your day time would be better spent familiarizing yourself with the details of the 1,800 pages of now-pending legislation on Immigration Reform?

I assume you've read it all already, right, professional interest and all that?
    Only enforce existing laws, not pending.

You're apparently a subject matter expert on the Church (one you're not a memeber of)
    I have to be a church member to know about the Catholic Church scandals about as much as you need to be teacher to know about theirs.

Only enforce existing laws, not pending.
    I'd certainly think pending would be swallowing all your interests right now.

Certainly would be mine if I were in your place.

I'd certainly think pending would be swallowing all your interests right now.

Certainly would be mine if I were in your place.
    I guess it would matter if I was in Homeland Security Investigations, but thankfully I am not.

I guess it would matter if I was in Homeland Security Investigations, but thankfully I am not.
    You moved out of Immigration Enforcement, eh?

Bigger and better things, I hope. Guess Flushing can't/shouldn't call you "Catch and Release" anymore.

You moved out of Immigration Enforcement, eh?

Bigger and better things, I hope. Guess Flushing can't/shouldn't call you "Catch and Release" anymore.
    I've always been within the DOJ, never immigration.

I've always been within the DOJ, never immigration.
    Ah, forgive my faulty memory then.