Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arrests per team since 2000, shocker!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrests per team since 2000, shocker!

http://imgur.com/a/n7yg7

Jets being the circus darling of ESPN are third to last in that span of time with Patriotway and ClassyGiants both ahead of the Jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why let facts get in the way of a good narrative. Jets are a circus while Pats are a classy organization that does things the right way, the "Patriot Way."

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not to mention body count, Cheatriots are leading outright.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Same thing when the G-men signed both Michael Boley and Rocky Benard as FA when both were arrested for beating their wife (Boley) and girlfriend (Benard) before the Giants signed them.....Heard hardly a peep about them!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well too bad for the Patriots because they cut Hernandez after the arrest so he counts as another arrest.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    http://imgur.com/a/n7yg7

Jets being the circus darling of ESPN are third to last in that span of time with Patriotway and ClassyGiants both ahead of the Jets.
    Thread of the year material, this is.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Surprised me the raiders were not worse

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    Take solace in the fact that their team, overall, is. LOL RAIDERS! LOL BLACK AND FAIL! LOL AL DAVIS! LOL MOST IMPLOSIVE TEAM IN DA LEEG!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think much credit must go to Mangini and Tannenbaum and Herman Edwards placing character as a prime factor in their drafting. Too bad that shifted when Rex came on board and the Jets got some shady characters with the motto "Rex can handle them."

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    Surprised me even more that Bengals were only TIED for first.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    I think much credit must go to Mangini and Tannenbaum and Herman Edwards placing character as a prime factor in their drafting. Too bad that shifted when Rex came on board and the Jets got some shady characters with the motto "Rex can handle them."
    I'm trying to remember all those shady characters that have been arrested while with the Jets under Rex, can you help out?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Junk View Post
    I'm trying to remember all those shady characters that have been arrested while with the Jets under Rex, can you help out?
    I honestly can't think of any. Matter of fact, the only recent arrests that come to mind are Goodson and those two reserve-contract guys.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets have been a circus the past couple of years and it has nothing to do with arrests. For the most part we have been a very well-behaved team off the field and the Rex deserves credit for that.

Circus = Rex's guarantees, Sanchez eating hotdogs, Foot fetish vids, Hard Knocks, Rex loosing locker room, Bart Scott v media, Tebow, Training Days, Woody in the media, Pettine turning into Deepthroat, ButtFumble, etc.

That is why we received the circus moniker.

I am optimistic this will change under Idzik.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    All I was saying was that the Jets under Rex took on players with character issues that the Mangini and Edwards regimes tended to shy away from. Examples - Cromartie, Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards, Kendrick Ellis, Goodson.

An example of the different styles can be seen in the difference in the way the Jets treated the DUI's of John Abraham and Braylon Edwards. Edwards suspended Abraham for a game. Rex sat Edwards for a quarter.

I'm not saying Rex is a bad guy. I'm just saying the Jets look at these types of players differently under Rex then they did under Mangini and Edwards. There was the attitude of Rex can handle them.
    Last edited by Queens Jet Fan; 06-30-2013 at 08:35 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Junk View Post
    Shawn Ellis, John Abraham, oh wait never mind.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    The Jets have been a circus the past couple of years and it has nothing to do with arrests. For the most part we have been a very well-behaved team off the field and the Rex deserves credit for that.

Circus = Rex's guarantees, Sanchez eating hotdogs, Foot fetish vids, Hard Knocks, Rex loosing locker room, Bart Scott v media, Tebow, Training Days, Woody in the media, Pettine turning into Deepthroat, ButtFumble, etc.

The Jets vs. Pats media bias is 100% Rex vs. Belichick, when will people understand that? Rex, try as he might, is a media's wet dream, he will always give the media something to dissect. Belichick is an a-hole who despises the media and will give them nothing no matter what happens to the Pats. The head coach stands up in front of the media and answers for the franchise. The media knows who they are dealing with in each case.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

Usually don't agree with you, but this is 100% accurate. Solid post.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Usually don't agree with you, but this is 100% accurate. Solid post.
    McG, what makes you say that? I can't remember many disagreements we have had in the past.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    All I was saying was that the Jets under Rex took on players with character issues that the Mangini and Edwards regimes tended to shy away from. Examples - Cromartie, Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards, Kendrick Ellis, Goodson.

An example of the different styles can be seen in the difference in the way the Jets treated the DUI's of John Abraham and Braylon Edwards. Edwards suspended Abraham for a game. Rex sat Edwards for a quarter.

I'm not saying Rex is a bad guy. I'm just saying the Jets look at these types of players differently under Rex then they did under Mangini and Edwards. There was the attitude of Rex can handle them.
    John Abraham is a bad example.. The jets traded him due to 'character issues' ie selfish and not a team player.

Instead of low character guys, mangini chose busts like gholston..

As for cromarti, how can u hate on a guy who has 10+ kids... Dog the bounty hunter has the same amount of kids and he's a god loving do-gooder

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianGreen View Post
    Not to mention body count, Cheatriots are leading outright.
    Excellent point. The pats* shot to number one on that list in the past week with a bullet.