Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 51

Thread: Too many bad calls show Pats have lost their Way

  1. #21
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    25,859
    Post Thanks / Like

  2. #22
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bayonne, NJ
    Posts
    2,862
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yayankee View Post
    So Sad:

    http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion...lost_their_way

    So much for The Patriot Way.

    Bob Kraft and his New England Patriots have for the past dozen years foisted upon a gullible public the idea that they go about their football business differently than their peers. They claimed to covet character guys who play hard, smart football and otherwise represent Kraft family values.
    Tell that to Randy Moss, the poster boy for self-absorption.

    Tell that to Albert Haynesworth, who crippled a guy when he struck his car going over 100 mph and underachieved for all but 18 months of his career.
    Tell that to Chad Ochocinco, who may grow up one day but not too soon.
    Tell that to Jermaine Cunningham and, yes, Rodney Harrison and other Patriots busted for using performance-enhancing drugs.
    Tell that to Rob Gronkowski, who cavorts with porn stars and regularly makes a drunken spectacle of himself.

    Saddest of all, tell it to the 
Patriots’ $37.5 million tight end Aaron Hernandez, whose silence in the homicide of a semi-pro football player named Odin Lloyd is raising more questions than 
answers.

    The fact of the matter is the Pat*riot Way never existed. They didn’t do anything different than their peers except win three Super Bowls in four years.

    They became a dynasty the same way the Browns of the 1950s, Packers of the 1960s, Steelers of the 1970s, 49ers of the 1980s and Cowboys of the 1990s did. They did it by stumbling across a future Hall of Fame quarterback buried deep in an early draft, inheriting the nucleus of a strong defense and a reliable kicker while hitting a gold mine of talent in back-to-back drafts.
    Then, when the talent began to wane, the drafts failed and age and slippage set in, the Patriots did the same things everyone else does.

    They lost their way trying to 
avoid 
losing 

playoff games.

    They took ever more dangerous risks on players with questionable injury histories, nitwit tendencies or, most significantly, serious character flaws. The team that once dumped draftee Christian Peter — because of a criminal record — now drafts guys like Hernandez and Alfonzo Dennard, who were off many draft boards because teams didn’t trust them.

    The largest, most glaring example today is the baggage Hernandez apparently couldn’t shake when he came into the NFL. Blessed with first-round talent, he slipped to the fourth round four years ago, and everyone in football knew why: A significant number of teams feared his questionable associates and repeated 
positive drug tests.

    One can take a gamble or two on a player with a troubled past, but not as regularly as the Patriots have. You can do it when your locker room is strong and led by no-nonsense guys like Tom Brady, Troy Brown, Willie McGinest, Richard Seymour, Tedy Bruschi, Wes Welker and Ty Warren.

    But over time, most of those players left, and what remained was a weaker core unable to keep in check the excesses of guys like Gronkowski and Hernandez.

    In essence, the Patriots lost their Way — sacrificing what they once claimed was most important — to gamble on suspect characters, injury-prone players or troubled guys on the way down while letting high character ones who simply wanted to get paid go as if they were greedy.

    What eventually results from that is dry rot or, as the front page of this paper can attest, much worse.
    It is not just the Patriots - the NFL is filled with scumbags like this guy. Why is it such a big deal - Unfortunately, this is the norm in pro sports. Not like the Jets have not had their share of a$$holes. But like I mentioned before in another thread....The Patriots will continue to win. I would rather beat them on the field, then in the media. This is already an area we have a substantial lead in.

  3. #23
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    63
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by child please View Post
    Starts at the top.

    Classy Bob Kraft out on the town with his young floozy before his wife's body is even gone cold.

    Head coach is the biggest cheater in NFL history, also sleeps with married men's wives. Classy

    Quarterback dumps his pregnant girlfriend so he can upgrade to a Supermodel. Classy

    The narrative spun by the media about this classless franchise is too funny, all these late additions to the game such as Talib, Hayneworth, Hernandez and on down the line are no worse than the creeps like Kraft, Brady and Belichick who've been there from the start.

    The downward spiral started when all of Parcells players started to retire. Belicheat can't draft for $hit, contrary to the humps in the media who
    felate his strategy to move back 50 times in order to draft turds like Hernandez.

    Belicheat lucked into Brady, had the fortune of inheriting Parcells core group of solid players, he'd have been fired years ago if none of that was in place and he wasn;t busy cheating his way to success.

    Complete fraud of an owner, coach and franchise.
    Excellent post.

  4. #24
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    25,859
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by child please View Post
    Starts at the top.

    Classy Bob Kraft out on the town with his young floozy before his wife's body is even gone cold.

    Head coach is the biggest cheater in NFL history, also sleeps with married men's wives. Classy

    Quarterback dumps his pregnant girlfriend so he can upgrade to a Supermodel. Classy

    The narrative spun by the media about this classless franchise is too funny, all these late additions to the game such as Talib, Hayneworth, Hernandez and on down the line are no worse than the creeps like Kraft, Brady and Belichick who've been there from the start.

    The downward spiral started when all of Parcells players started to retire. Belicheat can't draft for $hit, contrary to the humps in the media who
    felate his strategy to move back 50 times in order to draft turds like Hernandez.

    Belicheat lucked into Brady, had the fortune of inheriting Parcells core group of solid players, he'd have been fired years ago if none of that was in place and he wasn;t busy cheating his way to success.

    Complete fraud of an owner, coach and franchise.
    Well done.

  5. #25
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    3,085
    Post Thanks / Like
    Patriots should part ways with Aaron Hernandez
    Posted by Adam Kaufman June 21, 2013 06:15 AM

    The narrative involves a semi-professional football player who never returned home after a night out with friends, a millionaire NFL tight end and his checkered past, a damaged rental car, an untimely visit from a cleaning crew, and a video surveillance system and cell phone, both intentionally destroyed before authorities could access them.

    The murder of Boston Bandits football player and Dorchester native Odin Lloyd, whose body was found about one mile from the North Attleborough home of Patriots star Aaron Hernandez, has produced a never-ending stream of questions. But, as each additional query mounts, one answer is rapidly taking shape:

    After three impressive seasons, it's time for New England to end its relationship with Hernandez.

    The Patriots have been known to take chances on players before. Corey Dillon, Randy Moss, Chad Ochocinco, Aqib Talib, heck, even Tim Tebow for different reasons, can speak to Bill Belichick’s interest in reclamation projects. However, to compare any of their stories to this one would be apples and Chinese food.

    Hernandez received his flier from the coach when he was selected in the fourth round of the 2010 NFL Draft in spite of multiple failed drug tests and a recently reported association with people with gang ties that had some teams steering clear. The versatile offensive threat rewarded Belichick and company for their faith with 20 touchdowns and 2,316 receiving yards on 210 catches over the next three seasons (44 games, including the playoffs). His efforts earned him a premature and sizable five-year extension in August of 2012, good for $41 million over seven seasons with $12.5 million of that guaranteed. Seemingly, all Hernandez had to do was stay out of trouble.

    He spoke glowingly of Robert Kraft and the organization at the time, while simultaneously donating $50,000 to the Patriots owner's late wife Myra’s charitable foundation.

    “He changed my life,” Hernandez said. “Now I’m able to basically have a good chance to be set for life, and have a good life … He didn’t need to give me the amount that he gave me, and knowing that he thinks I deserve that, he trusts me to make the right decisions, it means a lot … You can’t come here and act reckless and do your own stuff, and [I] was one of the persons that I came here, I might’ve acted the way I wanted to act, but you get changed by Bill Belichick’s way. You get changed by the Patriots’ way.”

    That all sounded great back then but, as we all know, actions trump words every time. His actions are a breach of the trust and faith offered by a team that paid him more than it had to, before it had to. Less than one year after Hernandez cashed in, he’s a 23-year-old kid linked to multiple heinous crimes in the last five months alone. That’s not good for anyone at Gillette, where the brand and sometimes personal agendas come before all else. Just ask Wes Welker.

    It’s been equally fascinating and shocking following the details that have emerged from this case and, unfortunately for Hernandez, each new bit of information has made him look worse and worse. The truth of how deeply the tight end’s roots are intertwined remains a mystery at this hour, but that may no longer matter to the decision-makers with the Patriots. Frankly, it shouldn't.

    Innocent or guilty – and it would be unfair to speculate either way – the stain of these few days and the weeks upon weeks of questions to follow will forever be tied to Hernandez. In the court of public opinion, he may wind up a marked man in a similar vein to Ray Lewis, Michael Vick, Ben Roethlisberger, Donte Stallworth, Plaxico Burress, or Adam Jones. For some, time in jail was required and, for others, merely a blemished legacy.

    Yes, Stallworth was welcomed back, but his situation was remarkably different. He was playing elsewhere at the time of his DUI manslaughter, he opted to plead guilty to the accident when his lawyers felt he had an excellent chance of being found innocent, and he served his time before returning to the NFL and, years later, the Pats.

    The Patriots are not an organization that welcomes distractions of this ilk, and you’ll notice they haven’t uttered a single word in support of a guy once considered a franchise player. If you don't think that's somewhat telling, you're wrong. Hernandez is on a very lonely island right now. The league, too, is waiting to comment. If Hernandez is somehow absolved of any wrongdoing in the case of Lloyd’s homicide – and there are several legal possibilities here – that doesn’t mean there wasn’t a violation of the league’s personal conduct policy. An arrest is not required in order for a player to be suspended, and commissioner Roger Goodell doesn’t take kindly to anything that could hurt his game. It's a safe bet that one way or another Hernandez will be distanced from the field for at least a little while.

    At this moment, Hernandez is not considered a suspect, but he is certainly not in the clear. The increasingly fluid details have included, among many other things, Hernandez not cooperating with authorities, time with Lloyd on the morning of the murder, getting barred by the team from Gillette, having a cleaning crew to his home hours before Lloyd’s body was found, and deliberately destroying his home security system and cell phone, which he handed over to police in pieces. He’s been followed in his white SUV by helicopters all over the state a la O.J. Simpson, he’s avoided a swarm of media while pumping gas, and he’s had his home searched multiple times. And none of that includes the re-filing of a bizarre civil lawsuit that he supposedly shot former friend Alexander Bradley in February, resulting in Bradley’s loss of an eye.

    It's hard enough to explain away one or two of the above. The piles make you wonder if obstruction of justice, as he's been rumored to be charged with this morning, is his best-case scenario. The bottom line is none of it looks good, and appearance alone may be enough for the Kraft family to part ways with one-half of its ridiculous tight end tandem if the law doesn’t step in first. It’s sad, but Hernandez has no one to blame but himself, if only for the company he keeps away from the field.

    As was well-documented today by Shalise Manza Young, the Patriots knew what they were getting into when they drafted Hernandez. Unfortunately, there's no telling which risks end up being worth taking, a debate surrounding Rob Gronkowski and his injury surplus of late as well. Hopefully that one was worth the gamble. This one wasn't.

    To think, not even two weeks ago, Hernandez was answering run of the mill questions at mini-camp about the arrival of his old college teammate, Tim Tebow. I’d be willing to bet they’ll never find out what it’s like to practice together again. But, if that’s the worst thing that happens to Hernandez, he’s an awfully lucky guy. Good luck.

    http://www.boston.com/blogs/sports/c...kely_over.html

  6. #26
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    12,539
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet View Post
    It is not just the Patriots - the NFL is filled with scumbags like this guy. Why is it such a big deal - Unfortunately, this is the norm in pro sports. Not like the Jets have not had their share of a$$holes. But like I mentioned before in another thread....The Patriots will continue to win. I would rather beat them on the field, then in the media. This is already an area we have a substantial lead in.
    NOPE!

    Your Vag is really sandy, huh?

  7. #27
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,555
    Post Thanks / Like
    You do not even have to be biased to agree with this post...my father in law who lives in Massachusetts and a lifelong Chown fans actually agrees...he said something similar to me after last years playoff loss to the Ravens. I see the Patriots taking a step back this year....some act as though it's sacrilegious to say that about the Patriots, but the writing is on the wall.

  8. #28
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet View Post
    It is not just the Patriots - the NFL is filled with scumbags like this guy. Why is it such a big deal - Unfortunately, this is the norm in pro sports. Not like the Jets have not had their share of a$$holes. But like I mentioned before in another thread....The Patriots will continue to win. I would rather beat them on the field
    could you supply us with a list of alleged murderers on the Jets please. I don't see any on the current 90 man roster so I'll wait your input so I can update my information base.

  9. #29
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    could you supply us with a list of alleged murderers on the Jets please. I don't see any on the current 90 man roster so I'll wait your input so I can update my information base.
    They've been killing me for years.......

  10. #30
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    could you supply us with a list of alleged murderers on the Jets please. I don't see any on the current 90 man roster so I'll wait your input so I can update my information base.
    There are no alleged murderers on the Jets or Pats.

  11. #31
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    There are no alleged murderers on the Jets or Pats.
    of course not.... that dam media is just making up stories about a fine choir boy tight end from Florida.... that poor innocent angel

  12. #32
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    of course not.... that dam media is just making up stories about a fine choir boy tight end from Florida.... that poor innocent angel
    Who's saying anything about Hernandez being an innocent angel? I didn't.

  13. #33
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,515
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    NOPE!

    Your Vag is really sandy, huh?
    Lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    could you supply us with a list of alleged murderers on the Jets please. I don't see any on the current 90 man roster so I'll wait your input so I can update my information base.
    Ingnore the clown. Just another NE troll here to try and proclaim how great NE is and how bad the Jets are. Even with one of the worse off field incidents in NFL history -- right up there with Ray Carruth -- the NE trolls continue in their delusional state of mind.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    There are no alleged murderers on the Jets or Pats.
    In regards to NE, not yet. While I am not a criminal lawyer, as I posted very early on based on press reports, AH is in big trouble....the search of his home was a bad fact/development. The destruction of evidence by AH is another indication of his involvement in the crime. Do you want to try and convince yourself that's not the case? Go ahead, reminds us how stupid you NE trolls are.

  14. #34
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Lol.

    In regards to NE, not yet. While I am not a criminal lawyer, as I posted very early on based on press reports, AH is in big trouble....the search of his home was a bad fact/development. The destruction of evidence by AH is another indication of his involvement in the crime. Do you want to try and convince yourself that's not the case? Go ahead, reminds us how stupid you NE trolls are.
    LOL. It's not just the trolls who are stupid. There's a poll up on the God-awful Patsfan.com site (that site is just so terrible in so many ways that it REALLY makes one appreciate JI). Among other things, the poll asks whether or not the Pats should ultimately keep or cut Hernandez based on what we know to date. Out of 116 responses, 49 Pats fans want the team to keep Hernandez, guilty or not.

    He will get probation and I hope the team cuts him. 3 2.56%
    He will get probation and I hope the team keeps him. 24 20.51%
    He will serve jail time and I hope the team cuts him. 62 52.99%
    He will serve jail time and I hope the team keeps him. 9 7.69%
    He will not be found guilty and I hope the team cuts him. 3 2.56%
    He will not be found guilty and I hope the team keeps him. 16 13.68%


    more than 10% actually think he will be exonerated!

  15. #35
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,515
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    LOL. It's not just the trolls who are stupid. There's a poll up on the God-awful Patsfan.com site (that site is just so terrible in so many ways that it REALLY makes one appreciate JI). Among other things, the poll asks whether or not the Pats should ultimately keep or cut Hernandez based on what we know to date. Out of 116 responses, 49 Pats fans want the team to keep Hernandez, guilty or not.

    He will get probation and I hope the team cuts him. 3 2.56%
    He will get probation and I hope the team keeps him. 24 20.51%
    He will serve jail time and I hope the team cuts him. 62 52.99%
    He will serve jail time and I hope the team keeps him. 9 7.69%
    He will not be found guilty and I hope the team cuts him. 3 2.56%
    He will not be found guilty and I hope the team keeps him. 16 13.68%


    more than 10% actually think he will be exonerated!
    Wow!! The stupidity of some people is just amazing.

  16. #36
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,688
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Borges is Boston's Cimini... agenda against Belichick, slam the team every chance you get - you should subscribe to him
    You should try and explain where he's wrong here.

    He's not being negative, he's listing moves made by the Pats that don't point to the image they like to portray.

  17. #37
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,278
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by child please View Post
    Starts at the top.

    Classy Bob Kraft out on the town with his young floozy before his wife's body is even gone cold.

    Head coach is the biggest cheater in NFL history, also sleeps with married men's wives. Classy

    Quarterback dumps his pregnant girlfriend so he can upgrade to a Supermodel. Classy

    The narrative spun by the media about this classless franchise is too funny, all these late additions to the game such as Talib, Hayneworth, Hernandez and on down the line are no worse than the creeps like Kraft, Brady and Belichick who've been there from the start.

    The downward spiral started when all of Parcells players started to retire. Belicheat can't draft for $hit, contrary to the humps in the media who
    felate his strategy to move back 50 times in order to draft turds like Hernandez.

    Belicheat lucked into Brady, had the fortune of inheriting Parcells core group of solid players, he'd have been fired years ago if none of that was in place and he wasn;t busy cheating his way to success.

    Complete fraud of an owner, coach and franchise.
    This is an excellent Post!!!

  18. #38
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,963
    Post Thanks / Like
    New England likely will head into the 2013 season as the favorite again within the AFC East, if not one of the expected contenders in the conference. The outlook in Foxboro, however, is far from sunny.

    If there is still exists a “Patriot Way,” now would be the ideal time to rediscover it.[/QUOTE]

    Pats will start to decline next yr for sure. This yr is a flop yr for jets, I'd say will be decent next yr if geno is real deal..sanchez will be long gone as some other dead cap weight..and in 2015 jets should be ready to really compete .a 38 yr old Tom Brady and declining pats roster will be .500 team..

  19. #39
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,179
    Post Thanks / Like
    The article is complete trash. The Pats have not changed their ways. The NFL and the networks have a huge incentive in promoting the NFL as a mainstream brand. The reality is the NFL is essentially the WWF without the outcome being rigged in the large majority of the games. The Pats happen to be one of the top franchises in the NFL and are promoted as something different than they are by the league and the networks who profit from the league. The NFL and the Pats have always been filled with very talented thugs.
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 06-24-2013 at 09:47 AM.

  20. #40
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In The Cone of Doom
    Posts
    6,951
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    The article is complete trash. The Pats have not changed their ways. The NFL and the networks have a huge incentive in promoting the NFL as a mainstream brand. The reality is the NFL is essentially the WWF without the outcome being rigged in the large majority of the games. The Pats happen to be one of the top franchises in the NFL and are promoted as something different than they are by the league and the networks who profit from the league. The NFL and the Pats have always been filled with very talented thugs.
    Interesting thread title. "Lost their way"? What exactly do people perceive 'their way'? I look at it as: 1) Get the best players you can within the constraints of the salary cap, 2) Coach & Play as best you can with whatever resources you have, and 3) (for the JI crew) take the best vids.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us