Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When's The Last Time You Bought a Greeting Card *****ES!!!

Today. A graduation card.

For fathers day I got a card from the dog. I think he had help writing it out.

Hall Of Fame
    I am pretty much against the idea of cards too as I think that they are a simply a Hallmark scheme to peel us away from our money. On the other hand I am married and fighting that particular fight is an uphill battle that I have chosen not to fight many years ago. So I compromise my principles here, go into K-MART in Penn Station on the way home and buy the cheapest POS card, usually the nearest one that they have on sale for whatever the occasion is. I accept without comment the compliments that I may get from my wife for choosing such a perfect inscription.

By the way good thread FF2. I am thinking 30-40 pages easy.

Isn't there anything else going on in the world like say a potential murder scandal involving a player from a corrupt NFL organization?

How about, "If you were going to buy a greeting card for Aaron Hernandez today, what might the inscription say?"
    Last edited by EM31; 06-22-2013 at 04:36 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    I am pretty much against the idea of cards too as I think that they are a simply a Hallmark scheme to peel us away from our money. On the other hand I am married and fighting that particular fight is an uphill battle that I have chosen not to fight many years ago. So I compromise my principles here, go into K-MART in Penn Station on the way home and buy the cheapest POS card, usually the nearest one that they have on sale for whatever the occasion is. I accept without comment the compliments that I may get from my wife for choosing such a perfect inscription.

By the way good thread FF2. I am thinking 30-40 pages easy.

Isn't there anything else going on in the world like say a potential murder scandal involving a player from a corrupt NFL organization?

How about, "If you were going to buy a greeting card for Aaron Hernandez today, what might the inscription say?"
    Wish you weren't there?

All Pro

Got an e-card for the OP

Hall Of Fame
    Adult birthday cards are expensive. I always buy cards that say something like
    "Well Look Who is 2" or "Somebody Here is 5". Then I'll draw the missing number next to it. So now it's like " Well Look Who is 28" or "Somebody Here is 45".
    I'm known for it. People seem to like it.

If they make black cards like this I'll send WCO one.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

When my endless yet somehow fruitless efforts to stop being promoted and finally get fired actually work out, I'm going to make a mint writing greeting cards that actually reflect the quiet unspoken hopelessness of so many sh:tty marriages/friendships/relationships. Enough of this utopian unicorns sh:tting rainbow "you are the wind beneath my wings" BS tripe.

"The kids will probably thank us some day for staying together. We'll always have that. Happy Valentines Day."

"Thanks to you I always knew I could take a punch, and so did all my friends. Happy Father's Day."

"It's your birthday, Mom, drink up! Celebrate like it's every other day of the year."

Stuff like that.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    When my endless yet somehow fruitless efforts to stop being promoted and finally get fired actually work out, I'm going to make a mint writing greeting cards that actually reflect the quiet unspoken hopelessness of so many sh:tty marriages/friendships/relationships. Enough of this utopian unicorns sh:tting rainbow "you are the wind beneath my wings" BS tripe.

"The kids will probably thank us some day for staying together. We'll always have that. Happy Valentines Day."

"Thanks to you I always knew I could take a punch, and so did all my friends. Happy Father's Day."

"It's your birthday, Mom, drink up! Celebrate like it's every other day of the year."

Stuff like that.
    Good stuff. Got any more?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post

Stuff like that.
    Ha ha, we have to hang.

As for buying cards I prolly buy the wife birthday/Valentines/Xmas cards every year. I dont write much in them, she certainly dont read 'em, but I'd be in a world of ***t if I didnt show the gesture of picking them out and stuffing 10 Win for lifes's in them.

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Damn, that is deft.

I keep every card I get; screw all you victims of prison sex - that is, you unfeeling bastards. Someone made a left turn and pulled out their wallet just for you...but because it reminds you of *that special time with Rocco the career criminal* you have to say **** all.
    What do you do after you keep them?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet View Post
    Today. A graduation card.

For fathers day I got a card from the dog. I think he had help writing it out.
    You fathered a dog.??? I knew you were a sexual deviant.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    No, a thank you to you mother.
    Stay classy Pats fan!

Jets Insider VIP
    My wife does a lot of the card purchasing, but if I'm out already I'll pickup a birthday card for someone to save her the trip. I always buy holiday and birthday cards for her and the kids. I also enjoying writing in them, especially for her. Hitting on that right combination of emotion that brings out that smile and stray tear is a pretty nice feeling.

:cuemanfailcommentary:

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    You fathered a dog.??? I knew you were a sexual deviant.
    Don't judge.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    My wife does a lot of the card purchasing, but if I'm out already I'll pickup a birthday card for someone to save her the trip. I always buy holiday and birthday cards for her and the kids. I also enjoying writing in them, especially for her. Hitting on that right combination of emotion that brings out that smile and stray tear is a pretty nice feeling.

No man-fail commentary from me. I think that's how most of us want to be. It just happens that stray tears don't appear as a result of "You're good at making sex with me. Happy Arbor Day!" :o

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

I also enjoying writing in them, especially for her. Hitting on that right combination of emotion that brings out that smile and stray tear is a pretty nice feeling.

-

Could you post your best ones so we use them?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    It just happens that stray tears don't appear as a result of "You're good at making sex with me. Happy Arbor Day!" :o

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

-
    Why ya gotta be mean?

Could you post your best ones so we use them?
    They're not interchangeable, mongo. The whole point is to personalize. Cookie-cutter is the job of the card you're purchasing already.

Jets Insider VIP
    The only way to be more impersonal than a paper greeting card is an "e card".

They're not interchangeable, mongo. The whole point is to personalize. Cookie-cutter is the job of the card you're purchasing already.
    Sorry Wilfred Shakespeare.

Cmon how different are wimmin?

Jets Insider VIP
    Sorry Wilfred Shakespeare.

Cmon how different are wimmin?
    Actually getting a lot of "Floyd Nightingale" lately.

I suppose you have something of a point there.