Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AFC East now up for grabs this season?

As much as i want to believe that we’re gonna field a competitve team this year, the fact that the QB position is still Sanchez’ to lose simply means that we are going witness more of the same stuff that we’ve seen over the last 2 years;
    A tough defence + an impotent offence = a long and painful to watch season.

I hope Sanchez proves me wrong.

As for the Pats, they will find ways to win games with their cast of scrubs/replacments until Gronk gets back.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Possibly?!
    Are you insane? You ACTUALLY think there's even a remote possibility of him playing?!

And they've lost too many important people. They may have been plugging in a guy here or there but NEVER this many.
    And if the "Genius" Belicheat "saw through" and predicted their major woes at every receiving level than he wouldn't have given Ol Killer that new contract.
    They have lost EVERY weapon but Brady and you people think Tebow is gonna come in and light it up at TE??? LOLZ

No chance of him making those quick decisions/catches that is most of their game.
    Yeah, they still have Brady, but his decline starts right now if you ask me. He's the biggest pvssy in the NFL and absolutely crumbles under ANY kind of pressure.
    And he'll be seeing a LOT more pressure than he ever has in his career over this.
    And the Jets have a QB who is even worse under pressure.

Great QBs allow you to plug guys in. And it doesn't take all that long to build chemistry. Look at Welker's first year with the Pats. Look at Thomas' and Decker's first year with Manning. As long as the Pats have Brady, they'll be fine.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    As long as the Pats have Tom Brady they will be the favorites. I can't buy into Brady's age being a factor until I actually see him take a step back. The last few years he has played at an extremely high level. And his game is not his legs. Still has a great fastball.

Phins have a QB and have added some decent pieces so they will likely be ranked ahead of us although I would not be surprised if they under-performed. We have seen teams that spend big in FA flop before.

The Bills and us are in similar positions b.c we both might have rookie QBs playing.
    I agree with all you have said. I also feel that the NE system is designed to involve all players in all situations. Like it or not, they are a smarter organization and find ways to win year after year. Until anyone proves differently, I have to give them the edge for the division.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Brady's going to have a harder time this year than in the past. You don't replace 240 receptions (Lloyd, Welker, Gronk, Hernandez, Woodhead - 5 of the leading receivers last year) just like that.

That being said, Pats know how to win. 10-6ish should get them into the divisional seat. Dolphins may contend. Jets may surprise ONLY if the QB wakes up and plays like 2010. IF IF IF.

It's not cut and dry like in the past. Patriots will lose a lot of games to strong teams outside of the division. So will everyone else, but it's going to be closer than normal, IMO.
    That means NE will dominate our division, so how will it be closer than normal? LOL

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post

lol, Tebowites are so ****ing delusional.
    You're so anti-Tebow that anyone who says anything positive about him is a "Tebowite."

C'mon, at some position the kid can/will eventually deliver.

Not talking about pizzas.

If Holmes is back at full strength in the first quarter of the season, I'm thinking (hoping) there's a strong possibility of a home playoff game.

Jets will almost certainly be improved.
    D will be much better. Faster, younger and we've got the league's best defensive play caller back on the job.
    O seriously cannot be any worse. Doesn't matter who is at QB. The whole O around him is going to be much improved. Hell, we may even have some healthy receivers (imagine that). Not to mention a decent coordinator.

Pats will definitely be taking a step or two back this year.
    Miami. Well they could be decent, but they gotta prove it first.
    Buffalo. ... enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    You're so anti-Tebow that anyone who says anything positive about him is a "Tebowite."

C'mon, at some position the kid can/will eventually deliver.

Not talking about pizzas.
    That's the dumbest logic in the world. "HUR DUR, THE QB ISN'T WORKING OUT AT QB? PLAY HIM AT EVERY POSITION! HE'LL BE GOOD AT ONE OF THEM! HUR DUR". Tebow isn't a TE, HB, FB, etc. He's a quarterback. An AWFUL quarterback, but a quarterback nonetheless.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    That's the dumbest logic in the world. "HUR DUR, THE QB ISN'T WORKING OUT AT QB? PLAY HIM AT EVERY POSITION! HE'LL BE GOOD AT ONE OF THEM! HUR DUR". Tebow isn't a TE, HB, FB, etc. He's a quarterback. An AWFUL quarterback, but a quarterback nonetheless.
    Wait a sec. You spent all last year arguing he wasn't a QB, now he's a QB?

Make up your mind, wiffleboy.

Amendola is faster and younger than Welker. He could end up being an upgrade after he's plugged into the NE offensive system. Hernandez will be a blow but they have other tight ends that seem to perform ok. Last year they only had Hernandez and no Gronk and then Gronk and no Hernandez and they still became like the 3rd highest scoring offense of all time. Their offensive line looks good. Tom Brady is still playing like a hall of famer. Their running backs will be better this year than they were last. Their defense will be a lot better this year than it was last year. I just think it'll be business as usual in New England.

They do have a much harder schedule this season though, and the Dolphins have a gravy schedule for the second half of the season, so anything is possible, but I tend to think they're going to sweep the division again.

Maybe 11-5 if Gronk misses the first half of the season?
    But I've said that before and they end up finishing 12-4 or 13-3 or whatever.

Think they'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Amendola is faster and younger than Welker. He could end up being an upgrade after he's plugged into the NE offensive system. Hernandez will be a blow but they have other tight ends that seem to perform ok. Last year they only had Hernandez and no Gronk and then Gronk and no Hernandez and they still became like the 3rd highest scoring offense of all time. Their offensive line looks good. Tom Brady is still playing like a hall of famer. Their running backs will be better this year than they were last. Their defense will be a lot better this year than it was last year. I just think it'll be business as usual in New England.

They do have a much harder schedule this season though, and the Dolphins have a gravy schedule for the second half of the season, so anything is possible, but I tend to think they're going to sweep the division again.

But I've said that before and they end up finishing 12-4 or 13-3 or whatever.

Think they'll be fine.
    LOLOLOLOL!!! You WISH, clown!

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    LOLOLOLOL!!! You WISH, clown!
    We predict Patriots doom every single off season.
    How's it worked out so far? I'm more or less done doing it until Brady has his retirement presser and Belichick calls it a career

Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    pats will go 12-4.

Dolphins may challenge them.

jets wil either have Sanchez or a rookie at QB. Gonna be a bumpy ridE.

Bills suck.
    We had a rookie QB in '09 also.

Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Wait a sec. You spent all last year arguing he wasn't a QB, now he's a QB?

Make up your mind, wiffleboy.
    He's not a GOOD QB. Calling him anything else is just for fun to **** around with the likes of Demos and that Suzy chick.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Amendola is faster and younger than Welker. He could end up being an upgrade after he's plugged into the NE offensive system. Hernandez will be a blow but they have other tight ends that seem to perform ok. Last year WE only had Hernandez and no Gronk and then Gronk and no Hernandez and WE still became like the 3rd highest scoring offense of all time. OUR offensive line looks good. Tom Brady is still playing like a hall of famer. OUR running backs will be better this year than they were last. OUR defense will be a lot better this year than it was last year. I just think it'll be business as usual in New England.

WE do have a much harder schedule this season though, and the Dolphins have a gravy schedule for the second half of the season, so anything is possible, but I tend to think WE're going to sweep the division again.

But I've said that before and WE end up finishing 12-4 or 13-3 or whatever.

Think WE'll be fine.
    fixed, troll so now at least you are being honest about YOUR team

PATRIOTS HAVE JAKE BALLARD DON'T FORGET.

7th-highest scoring offense in the league in '06 with Brady throwing to Reche Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    7th-highest scoring offense in the league in '06 with Brady throwing to Reche Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney.
    congratulations, ASG, you've now repeated this worthless statistic a total of 116 times in the last week here at JI

You are the winner of this week's PatsfanTX trophy for repetitive posting of garbage in defense of your Pats

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    If Pats finish 7th in scoring - that's just what we are looking for! If they finish 7th they go 10-6 or 9-7. I still expect then to be in the top 10 in scoring for sure but I will take 7th. That's a big step back from 1 or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    If Pats finish 7th in scoring - that's just what we are looking for! If they finish 7th they go 10-6 or 9-7. I still expect then to be in the top 10 in scoring for sure but I will take 7th. That's a big step back from 1 or 2.
    Won't really help us if we're in the bottom half of the league in that same department.

Veteran
    This much I can tell you, both Brady and mallet will be injured by week 10....