Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: AFC East now up for grabs this season?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Every year someone makes this thread...and at the end of the season it looks even more ridiculous than when it was originally posted.
    As always, a sensible poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Jinx is not real. Cheating and paying off refs and JUDGES, however.... VERY REAL
    yeah but we were all jinxed when Brady went down and we all said the division is ours, and looked that way at 8-3. But Cassell came in and held his own. Then the ultimate jinx of all by having the dolphins, led by chad pennington, winning the division. Cheating had nothing to do with that. But all those other years you can make a case.

Does anyone remember how average this offense looked before they traded moss and went with the 2 TE set up? Those TEs were huuuuge. If Hernandez is gone it hurts. The pats payed Aaron all that money cause he was obviously vital with what they are doing but losing Gronk is a game changer. Only reason they may still win the division is cause the division sucks right now until further notice. I think they they takes huge drop this year unless their defense surprises.

Anyone find it amusing that Hernandez and BB both tried to destroy evidence. He was well coached at least.

The slaughter is ripe for the pig.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    Does anyone remember how average this offense looked before they traded moss and went with the 2 TE set up? Those TEs were huuuuge. If Hernandez is gone it hurts. The pats payed Aaron all that money cause he was obviously vital with what they are doing but losing Gronk is a game changer. Only reason they may still win the division is cause the division sucks right now until further notice. I think they they takes huge drop this year unless their defense surprises.

Anyone find it amusing that Hernandez and BB both tried to destroy evidence. He was well coached at least.
    Hernandez was released this morning.

If Gronk misses a portion of next year, I think it is very possible for another team to take the division. I still think that team needs to go at least 10-6 if not 11-5. Brady has proven plenty capable of carrying that team on his back, and the defense has gotten better the last couple of years.

I think the Dolphins could possibly push them for the division. If Tannehill steps up in his 2nd year and plays well (big if), I see no reason why they couldn't compete for a wildcard/division. We should have a pretty good defense that is younger and faster and will hopefully force more turnovers, and we made some good improvements in the offense. I don't see losing Bush as a loss at all. He was very mediocre last year. I feel extremely confident Lamar Miller can step in and produce as well as Bush did last year. Jake Long will probably be the biggest loss, and even he struggled badly last year.

I think the Jets will be respectable. The defense will keep them in most games, and the offense shouldn't be any worse than last year. I could see them being anywhere from 5-11 to 9-7. I would be pretty surprised at 9-7, but with a few good bounces and an offense that doesn't turn the ball over every other possession, it could happen. Unfortunately there is a good chance Sanchez is the starter a good portion of the year, and it's hard to envision him guiding the Jets to a winning record.

The bills are somewhat of a wildcard IMO. I don't really know what to expect from them, and honestly I don't really care that much. If Kolb can play decent, they could be decent. But I don't see them being any more than average. I was never really on the bandwagon last year, and I didn't see anything in the offseason that would give me reason to believe they are about to take that next step.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The slaughter is ripe for the pig.
    The slaughter has been patiently awaiting. It is time.

The Pats will take a step back from the #1 offense - that much is almost certain.

But their defense is finally improving and they still have a very good running game.

• Gronk - Will be back.
    • Woodhead - Loved him but overall if you factor in kick returns Washington might be an upgrade.
    • Welker - Huge loss, best hope is that Amendola comes close. Reports out of OTA were inspiring.
    • Lloyd - Debatable loss, I thought he was better than some. Solid possession receiver with terrible YAC. Jenkins or Jones has a better chance of matching this production than Amendola does of matching Welkers.
    • Hernandez - This is the big one. Because there is nobody currently inline to match his production at his spot. Dallas Clark comes to mind as a possibility but there's no doubt the loss of Hernandez hurts. The team has played without him in the past, though, since he and Gronk were both injury prone.

I think it's silly to assume the Patriots, who still have a solid offensive line and running game, will be in the offensive doldrums. I don't hold out very much hope that they'll be the top passing offense this year but if their defense keeps improving they won't need to be to at least vie for the division lead.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post
    The Pats will take a step back from the #1 offense - that much is almost certain.

But their defense is finally improving and they still have a very good running game.
    [LIST]
    [*]Gronk - Will be back.
    You don't know when he will, if he will or what kind of Gronk will return

[*]Woodhead - Loved him but overall if you factor in kick returns Washington might be an upgrade.
    Woodhead has been easily the better player since he entered the league

[*]Welker - Huge loss, best hope is that Amendola comes close. Reports out of OTA were inspiring.
    He's not close and is an injury risk

I think it's silly to assume the Patriots, who still have a solid offensive line and running game, will be in the offensive doldrums. I don't hold out very much hope that they'll be the top passing offense this year but if their defense keeps improving they won't need to be to at least vie for the division lead.
    Will be interesting to see how good that line and running game is if they aren't as feared in the passing game. A lot easier to run when you have the best passing game in the NFL