Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 89

Thread: AFC East now up for grabs this season?

  1. #1

    AFC East now up for grabs this season?

    At this point I have to believe that the Patriots will take a major step backwards. They lost their top 2 receivers and now they possibly have lost their top 2 Tight Ends - whom are very important to this team. Tom Brady is now 35 yrs old and it became quite obvious that he no longer is willing to risk his body to run for a first down or to throw a pass and get flattened. The Pats are no slouches but they are now beatable. The most games I see them winning is 11 and possibly as low as 8-8.

    The Dolphins have spent a fortune this offseason and although on paper they look better historically teams that spend in excess of 100 mil in 1 offseason do not improve. Alot depends of the emergence of their QB but they did lose a big weapon in Reggie Bush. Fins should be around 9-7 or 8-8.

    The Jets look like they can have a dominant defense that will keep them in a lot of games. They look young and fast up front - looks like they can create a lot of caos - sacks and fumbles. Obviously the offense is a work in progress but they now have some talent at running back. If the Jets keep if safe and mainly on the ground they will battle every team they play. I can see this Jets team anywhere from 6-10 to 10-6. Who knows?

    Buffalo - I havnt been following them much but I think they have a bigger mess at QB than the Jets. I don't expect much from the Bills.

    All that being said - mainly because I think the Patriots have taken a major step backwards - I think the Jets might actually have their best shot at winning a division in a long time.

    Will they - don't know - but I feel an opportunity exists that wasn't there the past few years.

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lawrence, MA
    Posts
    3,887
    It will be interesting that's for sure..... if the Jets can get back to ball control offense and pressure defense they should have a shot at a wild card IMO

    And we all know under Rex how this team with that formula does in the playoffs when playing their game, so I'm optimistic.... no question we'll need either Geno or Sanchez to play at least average at the QB spot and have the pass catchers help out to achieve this however

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Lol, no. Last time I checked, Hernandez didn't kill Brady. This division still belongs to and goes through NE.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,814
    As long as the Pats have Tom Brady they will be the favorites. I can't buy into Brady's age being a factor until I actually see him take a step back. The last few years he has played at an extremely high level. And his game is not his legs. Still has a great fastball.

    Phins have a QB and have added some decent pieces so they will likely be ranked ahead of us although I would not be surprised if they under-performed. We have seen teams that spend big in FA flop before.

    The Bills and us are in similar positions b.c we both might have rookie QBs playing.

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,219
    Tammy will be 36 by the time the first preseason game is played.

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,068
    Brady will break his leg during the first quarter of the season.

  7. #7
    pats will go 12-4.

    Dolphins may challenge them.

    jets wil either have Sanchez or a rookie at QB. Gonna be a bumpy ridE.

    Bills suck.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    pats will go 12-4.

    Dolphins may challenge them.

    jets wil either have Sanchez or a rookie at QB. Gonna be a bumpy ridE.

    Bills suck.
    Agree on all except the Lolphins challenging anyone for anything. They're getting the Bills offseason treatment right now. Will fall on their stupid faces.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    As long as the Pats have Tom Brady they will be the favorites. I can't buy into Brady's age being a factor until I actually see him take a step back. The last few years he has played at an extremely high level. And his game is not his legs. Still has a great fastball.

    Phins have a QB and have added some decent pieces so they will likely be ranked ahead of us although I would not be surprised if they under-performed. We have seen teams that spend big in FA flop before.

    The Bills and us are in similar positions b.c we both might have rookie QBs playing.
    Bradys game is built on quick timing patterns. He spots the mismatch and gets the ball out quickly and efficiently. With a new group of receivers and possibly tight ends his game has to be off a bit and that means he holds the ball a split second longer - and that can spell disaster for him. Sooner or later Brady has to show some signs of declining. With a whole new group of receivers this is that time. It has to be.

  10. #10
    Brady's going to have a harder time this year than in the past. You don't replace 240 receptions (Lloyd, Welker, Gronk, Hernandez, Woodhead - 5 of the leading receivers last year) just like that.

    That being said, Pats know how to win. 10-6ish should get them into the divisional seat. Dolphins may contend. Jets may surprise ONLY if the QB wakes up and plays like 2010. IF IF IF.

    It's not cut and dry like in the past. Patriots will lose a lot of games to strong teams outside of the division. So will everyone else, but it's going to be closer than normal, IMO.

  11. #11
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    8,308
    Hope you're right

    Fins can step forward if their shiny new toys work correctly

    As far as the jets ... All of our new pieces and ? At qb make me think we'll be a lot closer to 6-10 than 10-6

    Bills likely will be in the same boat as us with their QB growing pains

    I think the back step the pats take will have to wait until the postseason to really shown... But they likely will enter the playoffs with a lower seed - JMO

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,596
    FWIW, defunct Pro Football Weekly has the Jets finishing last at 5-11.

    The last no-name Jet to become an overnight sensation was Danny Woodhead who found his niche in Foxboro.

    Now it's Tebow.

    Belichick saw through Gronk's health issues and Hernandez's off-field mess, which is why Tebow will make the final 53 as a TE and a good one.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,814
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    Bradys game is built on quick timing patterns. He spots the mismatch and gets the ball out quickly and efficiently. With a new group of receivers and possibly tight ends his game has to be off a bit and that means he holds the ball a split second longer - and that can spell disaster for him. Sooner or later Brady has to show some signs of declining. With a whole new group of receivers this is that time. It has to be.
    You make fair points. I just want to see it happen first. The Pats have been plugging players in for years. That said, you just dont replace guys like Welker, Gronk and Hernandez (possibly). I don't think their offense will be nearly as good as past years but I think they will be good enough. KIMO they will win a minimum of 10 games.

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,082
    I agree they are taking a step back at the moment, but we have seen time and time again Brady take vertually unkowns and make them stars. I have stuck my foot in my mouth once too often saying NE was done, I am not doing it again. Do I think it, yes, all signs point towards them having a rough year, but they have always prevailed.
    Bottom line, let's stop wishing their demise and just go out and get it. We need receivers.

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Upper East Side
    Posts
    6,835
    The Pats are vulnerable enough that if there was another playoff contender in the AFC East they could lose their stranglehold on the division.

    Unfortunately for us, the Jets are not that team, nor are the Dolphins or Bills.

    I think Pats win the division by 3 games at least.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    You make fair points. I just want to see it happen first. The Pats have been plugging players in for years. That said, you just dont replace guys like Welker, Gronk and Hernandez (possibly). I don't think their offense will be nearly as good as past years but I think they will be good enough. KIMO they will win a minimum of 10 games.
    Possibly?!
    Are you insane? You ACTUALLY think there's even a remote possibility of him playing?!

    And they've lost too many important people. They may have been plugging in a guy here or there but NEVER this many.
    And if the "Genius" Belicheat "saw through" and predicted their major woes at every receiving level than he wouldn't have given Ol Killer that new contract.
    They have lost EVERY weapon but Brady and you people think Tebow is gonna come in and light it up at TE??? LOLZ

    No chance of him making those quick decisions/catches that is most of their game.
    Yeah, they still have Brady, but his decline starts right now if you ask me. He's the biggest pvssy in the NFL and absolutely crumbles under ANY kind of pressure.
    And he'll be seeing a LOT more pressure than he ever has in his career over this.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Agree on all except the Lolphins challenging anyone for anything. They're getting the Bills offseason treatment right now. Will fall on their stupid faces.
    Yeah I am not getting the hype on this Dolphins team. They remind me of us 2 years ago. Yeah they picked up a lot of FA but none of which make me go wow. Wallace and Gibson really dont awe me at all. I think the losses of Bush, Long, and Fasano will hurt bad. They where the glue that made that O work last year. If they try to run the same O they did last year it isnt going to work now. That D also to me doesnt look any better then last year.

    The East could be open I honestly have no clue. I think we are better then most are giving us credit right now. Miami and Buff are not better I am sure of that. Without Sanchez I think this is a winning team. I have counted out the Pats before and they still got it done even without Brady. With Wes gone that alone could cost them 2-3 games. I am not sure who he is going to be passing the ball too really. I think his yards will drop but this is Brady so he will still win games. Also they do look to be STACKED at RBs. Maybe BB is planning to show us how to run a ground and pound O. There D does look better (talent wise) then it has in the last few years although, I just question the heart there. There are just a lot of guys I would hate on that D even if they where not Pats. I look and see a lot of guys how are proven me 1st right now. Overall still loos like a pretty good team but I dont think they are a power house right now.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    FWIW, defunct Pro Football Weekly has the Jets finishing last at 5-11.

    The last no-name Jet to become an overnight sensation was Danny Woodhead who found his niche in Foxboro.

    Now it's Tebow.

    Belichick saw through Gronk's health issues and Hernandez's off-field mess, which is why Tebow will make the final 53 as a TE and a good one.
    LOL.

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,814
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Possibly?!
    Are you insane? You ACTUALLY think there's even a remote possibility of him playing?!
    No, I don't think there is a chance he will be playing. But until he is cut . . .

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    FWIW, defunct Pro Football Weekly has the Jets finishing last at 5-11.

    The last no-name Jet to become an overnight sensation was Danny Woodhead who found his niche in Foxboro.

    Now it's Tebow.


    Belichick saw through Gronk's health issues and Hernandez's off-field mess, which is why Tebow will make the final 53 as a TE and a good one.






    lol, Tebowites are so ****ing delusional.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us