Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AFC East now up for grabs this season?

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Won't really help us if we're in the bottom half of the league in that same department.
    SG3, let me save you the time...

"Thank you McPatsfan"

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    SG3, let me save you the time...

"Thank you McPatsfan"
    LOL!

As much as I like some of the Dolphins FA signings and draft picks, there really isn't any reason to assume that Ryan Tannehill will just be a good QB day one of his second season. All he really showed last year was that he wasn't as bad as Mark Sanchez. He could make a huge leap and be great, or he could fall flat. And at the end of the day, Tannehill's gonna be the deciding factor in whether the Dolphins are a playoff team or not. Ceiling for the team's 10-6. Floor's 6-10. I'm leaning towards 8-8.

Practice Squad
    The way i'm seeing it, the Jets are gonna be much more able to get to the QB this year than in the past and that will send positive ripples up the rest of the Defense. I'm expecting a strong D and at least a middle of the pack offense. Marty will make a huge difference this year. That should lead to a really good season for the Jets.

IMO i'm not worried about how strong the Pats, Phins or Bills are. This is all about the Jets and what they do. We need to get the QB spot settled and the WR position strengthened. I think Geno will beat out Mark, simply because he's more talented in every way. Mark had all the advantages and still didn't close the door on Geno. Once Geno has gotten the hang of the technical side of this offense, he's gonna take off. Thing is we've got to make sure he has targets. TE seems to be better. RB is stocked. Only issue is the WR spot which we'll see how that goes in TCamp. They can always add a vet FA.

As long as they have Brady they gonna be a contender. 35 years is nothing for a pocket passer (Brady, Peyton). Add to that some kind of cheating and you have a team which probably is a favorite to win division by 2 games.
    I cannot see Jets with Suckchez or Geno to win more then 7 games. Call me pessimist.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Lol, no. Last time I checked, Hernandez didn't kill Brady. This division still belongs to and goes through NE.
    This.

I really wish we can ban some of the whiny sojf *****es on this thread.

All Pro
    Let's assume that the Patsies do take the long-awaited "step back" this year (here, piggy ...).

Someone else needs to steup up to make it matter.

I don't honestly see the Jets breaking into double digit wins this year. Could happen, I just don't see it.

Same with Buffalo. I just don't see it.

Miami? Lots of hype and expectations right now, and at the heart of it is one question - can Tannehill make this team a true contender? Could happen, I just don't see it. I still think they're the best chance at unseating the Patsies, but I think if they do it'll be more about how far NE fall rather than how high Miami climb.

Best way to look at this, as far as I'm concerned, is how the Phins / Jets / Bills stack up against the rest of the league, not just our own division. Being strong in a weak division isn't much use if you get pulverised once you go up agaisnt the other big boys in the neighbourhood. I don't see Miami challenging the likes of Denver, Houston, Baltimore. Maybe the contenders in those divisions, like Cincy or Indy, but I don't see Miami (or the Jets or Bills) challenging the current presumed cream of the crop.

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    pats will go 12-4.

Dolphins may challenge them.

jets wil either have Sanchez or a rookie at QB. Gonna be a bumpy ridE.

Bills suck.
    Fins will not challenge, but will likely come in second and, maybe, challenge for a wild card spot.

Pats will lose in first round of the playoffs.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    pats will go 12-4.

Dolphins may challenge them.

jets will either have Sanchez or a rookie at QB. Gonna be a bumpy ridE.

Bills suck.
    To me the wild card in the Bill's future is EJ Manuel. If he develops sufficiently, Bills will have a shot. Mock Mike Pettine all you want but Trevor Pryce insists that Pettine played a larger role in Rex's defensive success than many people estimate.

I don't see the Jets contending but I do not see them as candidates for the first pick in next year's draft ... 6 to 8 wins. If healthy Rex's defense will keep us in a lot of games. I do not see Geno Smith supplanting Mark Sanchez, unless Sanchez is hurt. That does not say so much about Sanchez but more about my thoughts on Geno Smith.

Dolphins may be the team to challenge the Patriots but Belichick will trade for help if AH is suspended for a long period or convicted. Brady will get a minimum of ten wins but I expect north of that, nothing suggests otherwise despite the question marks at tight end.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    At this point I have to believe that the Patriots will take a major step backwards. They lost their top 2 receivers and now they possibly have lost their top 2 Tight Ends - whom are very important to this team. Tom Brady is now 35 yrs old and it became quite obvious that he no longer is willing to risk his body to run for a first down or to throw a pass and get flattened. The Pats are no slouches but they are now beatable. The most games I see them winning is 11 and possibly as low as 8-8.

The Dolphins have spent a fortune this offseason and although on paper they look better historically teams that spend in excess of 100 mil in 1 offseason do not improve. Alot depends of the emergence of their QB but they did lose a big weapon in Reggie Bush. Fins should be around 9-7 or 8-8.

The Jets look like they can have a dominant defense that will keep them in a lot of games. They look young and fast up front - looks like they can create a lot of caos - sacks and fumbles. Obviously the offense is a work in progress but they now have some talent at running back. If the Jets keep if safe and mainly on the ground they will battle every team they play. I can see this Jets team anywhere from 6-10 to 10-6. Who knows?

Buffalo - I havnt been following them much but I think they have a bigger mess at QB than the Jets. I don't expect much from the Bills.

All that being said - mainly because I think the Patriots have taken a major step backwards - I think the Jets might actually have their best shot at winning a division in a long time.

Will they - don't know - but I feel an opportunity exists that wasn't there the past few years.
    So what you are suggesting is that it finishes like this:

1. Pats
    2. Fins
    3. Jets
    4. Bills

Same old jets!

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post

That being said, Pats know how to win. 10-6ish should get them into the divisional seat. Dolphins may contend. Jets may surprise ONLY if the QB wakes up and plays like 2010. IF IF IF.

Only way that will happen is if Braylon is brought back. He's the one who made Suckchez look better than he really was.

All Pro
    Let's face it, the Patriots have offended Odin, the Allfather. We can expect the following to pass:

1. Brady gets injured while trying to find someone to pass to because
    2. Danny Amendola is already injured as usual and on the DL and
    3. Tim Tebow is called by a miraculous series of event to be the Pats' QB causing
    4. Bill Bellicick to start communicating directly with prairie dogs.

Trust me, you don't mess with Odin.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    Bradys game is built on quick timing patterns. He spots the mismatch and gets the ball out quickly and efficiently. With a new group of receivers and possibly tight ends his game has to be off a bit and that means he holds the ball a split second longer - and that can spell disaster for him. Sooner or later Brady has to show some signs of declining. With a whole new group of receivers this is that time. It has to be.
    like in 97 when he had a whole new group of receivers?

Jets Insider VIP
    In 97, rainman???

In 97, Gay Tammy was backing up a Wide Receiver/Baseball player for the Wolverine's

seriously, gramps

the mind is a terrible thing to lose

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Only way that will happen is if Braylon is brought back. He's the one who made Suckchez look better than he really was.
    Yup. Really don't understand why he's not signed yet. People can say he's old, washed up, and a nut case, but I go by actual performance. Dude kicks ass. Blocks, hustles, catches awesome (big spark at the end of the season last year), and even has the ability to switch on "beast mode" for some yac.

If idzik doesn't sign Bray soon, that'll be his first big mistake. Maybe he's waiting to see if Mark will start but they're wasting valuable practice time. I'm hoping to hear he heads out to Jets west even though he's not signed.

A corps of Holmes, Bray, Kerley, Hill n Winslow is pretty damn good. Signing Bray makes a slow comeback from Holmes bearable. And say Winslow can't stay healthy, have a big target like Edwards will soften that blow a bit too.

In short... sign - this - beast

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    1. No he didn't.

2. He's not even remotely close to being the same receiver anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike135 View Post
    Yup. Really don't understand why he's not signed yet. People can say he's old, washed up, and a nut case, but I go by actual performance. Dude kicks ass. Blocks, hustles, catches awesome (big spark at the end of the season last year), and even has the ability to switch on "beast mode" for some yac.

If idzik doesn't sign Bray soon, that'll be his first big mistake. Maybe he's waiting to see if Mark will start but they're wasting valuable practice time. I'm hoping to hear he heads out to Jets west even though he's not signed.

A corps of Holmes, Bray, Kerley, Hill n Winslow is pretty damn good. Signing Bray makes a slow comeback from Holmes bearable. And say Winslow can't stay healthy, have a big target like Edwards will soften that blow a bit too.

In short... sign - this - beast

I'm curious as to where these catches and sparks were. I saw a hustling blocking wide reciever, but I also saw a guy who lost all ability to get separation and looked slower than the guy we had the year before.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    1. No he didn't.

2. He's not even remotely close to being the same receiver anymore.
    Whether or not he's the same receiver he was a few years ago is besides the point. If signed he's instantly our 2nd best receiver. Possibly number 1 if Holmes is still recovering.

Based on fact. Not what people love to write about. He was our best weapon once signed last year.

Not sure why some don't see that. Is he a top tier 1. No. But a solid 2, yes. Not to mention a great teammate who wants to be a Jet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    I'm curious as to where these catches and sparks were. I saw a hustling blocking wide reciever, but I also saw a guy who lost all ability to get separation and looked slower than the guy we had the year before.
    Before Bray came back, we had Kerley (a good 3) as our best option, and then basically a bunch of scrubs. I saw Bray make a few good catches a game when the O was in shambles.

One in particular was something like a 15yd route where the pass was off target by like 4 feet. He turned and adjusted/reached (over-powering the defender) in like a quarter second to make the grab. A catch no one else on the team could have made. It took size, power, hands, and reflexes to pull that one down.

Did he have 10 catches a game for 120yds, no even close. But 3 or 4 catches for 30yrds was probably the best performance we had on O all last year. Now combine that with Holmes, Kerley, Winslow, and a hopefully improved Hill... those numbers grow.