Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: AFC East now up for grabs this season?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    I'm curious as to where these catches and sparks were. I saw a hustling blocking wide reciever, but I also saw a guy who lost all ability to get separation and looked slower than the guy we had the year before.
    [youtube]pRTEINXBcYA[/youtube]

This is the last moment Jets fans can remember being happy about their team. Of course some fans want him back to relive those "glory" moments.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. No he didn't.

2. He's not even remotely close to being the same receiver anymore.
    A "Washed-up" Braylon >>>> whatever we have on WR not named Holmes/Kerley

And that's the Truth.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    As long as Brady stays healthy, and doesn't hit the age-wall (not likely for another couple of years), the Pats will still be tough.

That said, the loss of all of these offensive weapons is going to sting. Their offense may not be quite as explosive as they have been in the past. It may be tougher for them to carry the defense.

It's entirely possible that if one of the other teams in the division surprises, the Pats could end up not winning the division. However I still think they will.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hernandez being gone doesn't change things much as far as the division goes..

Pats are clearly the best team in the division from what I can see..

I will say though this has to be very distracting.. It would be one thing if AH had some crazy injury and had to suddenly retire.... We would here BB talk about how he can only play who he has.. And they would find a way to make it work..

The circumstances make this very different.. Almost spooky.. It has to be a problem.. Not to mention a huge embarrassment.. But it should not just be embarrassing to the pats.. It should be to the NFL offices..

This was bound to happen with all the gangster crap that has been going on in the NFL the past decade....

This **** didn't happen years ago.. Now you hear about an NFL player acting violently almost WEEKLY..

WTF??

No.. Hernandez being gone doesn't mean the whole division is up for grabs...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Every year someone makes this thread...and at the end of the season it looks even more ridiculous than when it was originally posted.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    A "Washed-up" Braylon >>>> whatever we have on WR not named Holmes/Kerley/Hill/etc

He's maybe a 4. Hill, a rookie with his own issues caught more passes than Edwards has in the past 2.5 seasons. With more TDs. Who's younger, faster and has potential.

You're in love with a ghost, what he was, not what he is. I wish he was what he once was, we could use that.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 06-25-2013 at 10:04 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pats will have a losing record. I had a dream about it and my dreams are true. 😳

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Every year someone makes this thread...and at the end of the season it looks even more ridiculous than when it was originally posted.
    This was my exact thoughts, but I didn't want it to be my first ever post.

Oops, I guess it kinda was anyway.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Typical scenario..

We think the Pats are about to fall on hard times.

And then still reel off twelve wins staring down at us in the standings..

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    He's maybe a 4. Hill, a rookie with his own issues caught more passes than Edwards has in the past 2.5 seasons. With more TDs. Who's younger, faster and has potential.

You're in love with a ghost, what he was, not what he is. I wish he was what he once was, we could use that.
    A thousand times this.

And trust me, Jet Nut can attest to the fact that I was one of the biggest advocates of Braylon that year during free agency. As a matter of fact I wanted no part of Holmes if it meant losing Bray. But now that's over and done with and facts are facts. That knee injury wiped out any sort of explosion Edwards had left. It sucks and it actually pretty sad considering how big of a fan I was. It's kinda like watching Amare Stoudimire any year other than his first year with the Knicks. He's a shell of his former self and Hill/Kerley are BOTH better options going forward. It's time to let go.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    A "Washed-up" Braylon >>>> whatever we have on WR not named Holmes/Kerley

And that's the Truth.

Yes that is the truth!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Here, piggy piggy piggy ...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    A thousand times this.

And trust me, Jet Nut can attest to the fact that I was one of the biggest advocates of Braylon that year during free agency. As a matter of fact I wanted no part of Holmes if it meant losing Bray. But now that's over and done with and facts are facts. That knee injury wiped out any sort of explosion Edwards had left. It sucks and it actually pretty sad considering how big of a fan I was. It's kinda like watching Amare Stoudimire any year other than his first year with the Knicks. He's a shell of his former self and Hill/Kerley are BOTH better options going forward. It's time to let go.
    This. Someone gets it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    threads like this happen every year for the past 8-10 years. how about everyone just shuts up, let things play out, and that way there's no jinx.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    lock it up, 2013 will be another 12 win season for the pats.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dameangreenkillingmachine View Post
    threads like this happen every year for the past 8-10 years. how about everyone just shuts up, let things play out, and that way there's no jinx.
    Jinx is not real. Cheating and paying off refs and JUDGES, however.... VERY REAL

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    lock it up, 2013 will be another 12 win season for the pats.
    Lock it up, Big Dan is still a gigantic C0ck and Balls

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Lol, no. Last time I checked, Hernandez didn't kill Brady. This division still belongs to and goes through NE.
    Good thing the Jets finally have the DL and speed/power at OLB to murder him

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Good thing the Jets finally have the DL and speed/power at OLB to murder him
    Hope they can. Our DL is big, strong, athletic, and fast. Shel Rich won't have many sacks, but I predict he'll be the cause for plenty of them. Dude looks like a monster that could draw attention away from QC and Mo. Excited to see those guys.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    At this point I have to believe that the Patriots will take a major step backwards. They lost their top 2 receivers and now they possibly have lost their top 2 Tight Ends - whom are very important to this team. Tom Brady is now 35 yrs old and it became quite obvious that he no longer is willing to risk his body to run for a first down or to throw a pass and get flattened. The Pats are no slouches but they are now beatable. The most games I see them winning is 11 and possibly as low as 8-8.

The Dolphins have spent a fortune this offseason and although on paper they look better historically teams that spend in excess of 100 mil in 1 offseason do not improve. Alot depends of the emergence of their QB but they did lose a big weapon in Reggie Bush. Fins should be around 9-7 or 8-8.

The Jets look like they can have a dominant defense that will keep them in a lot of games. They look young and fast up front - looks like they can create a lot of caos - sacks and fumbles. Obviously the offense is a work in progress but they now have some talent at running back. If the Jets keep if safe and mainly on the ground they will battle every team they play. I can see this Jets team anywhere from 6-10 to 10-6. Who knows?

Buffalo - I havnt been following them much but I think they have a bigger mess at QB than the Jets. I don't expect much from the Bills.

All that being said - mainly because I think the Patriots have taken a major step backwards - I think the Jets might actually have their best shot at winning a division in a long time.

Will they - don't know - but I feel an opportunity exists that wasn't there the past few years.
    Teams can take steps backwards, however, the other half or more important thing is that is the Jets steps forward. We have no clue where they stand, they are most likely at least three years out from winning anything and that's if a Qb works out.