Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanchez as our Starter...

Quote Originally Posted by jets31 View Post
    Im not writing him off Im just saying based on early indications and what we already know. Im rooting for the JETS so whoever is there I want them to do well.

Truth be told I wasnt a fan of Geno when we drafted him. I wanted nothing to do with him. But he is definitely worth the risk for the value we got him at. And now that he is a Jet I want him to do well. It just took me a few days. lol
    Agreed, I'm on the fence and trying to put allegiances aside and support the best man for the job.

However I am slightly leaning towards Geno because I just can't tolerate another season of Sanchez's decision making.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    Agreed, I'm on the fence and trying to put allegiances aside and support the best man for the job.

However I am slightly leaning towards Geno because I just can't tolerate another season of Sanchez's decision making.
    I think the problem with this board is people fail to see that with Sanchez we have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

If he starts and is terrible then ok no one is surprised. We gave it one last chance as we should considering what we have invested in him. This will be his 3rd strike. We will know for sure he is done.

If Sanchez comes in and does well then of course the team will do well Maybe we have the QB we always wanted plus a shot at the playoffs. With that in mind we can look to next year and continue to grow as a team with a cheap but good backup in Geno or trade Sanchez and get some value in return.

We dont have a lot invested in Geno so there is no rush or pressure to start him if he isnt ready.

If Geno starts we will have plenty of rookie mistakes as you would with any QB and you could be shattering his confidence just like with did with Sanchez. If there isnt a good team around him then this is very possible. This team has a chance to do well this year but for the most part it is a rebuilding year. Its the perfect time for Geno to sit and learn at least for a little while.

Perhaps as the season goes on and we see the team starting to improve with many of the new pieces and Sanchez is turning it over then give Geno a shot.

Jets Insider VIP
    I think the problem with this board is people fail to see that with Sanchez we have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

If he starts and is terrible then ok no one is surprised. We gave it one last chance as we should considering what we have invested in him. This will be his 3rd strike. We will know for sure he is done.

If Sanchez comes in and does well then of course the team will do well Maybe we have the QB we always wanted plus a shot at the playoffs. With that in mind we can look to next year and continue to grow as a team with a cheap but good backup in Geno or trade Sanchez and get some value in return.

We dont have a lot invested in Geno so there is no rush or pressure to start him if he isnt ready.

If Geno starts we will have plenty of rookie mistakes as you would with any QB and you could be shattering his confidence just like with did with Sanchez. If there isnt a good team around him then this is very possible. This team has a chance to do well this year but for the most part it is a rebuilding year. Its the perfect time for Geno to sit and learn at least for a little while.

Perhaps as the season goes on and we see the team starting to improve with many of the new pieces and Sanchez is turning it over then give Geno a shot.
    well, other than the 14 games we will lose if his annual 26 Turnovers are allowed back on the field as the starter.

TIME FOR A CHANGE

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    well, other than the 14 games we will lose if his annual 26 Turnovers are allowed back on the field as the starter.

TIME FOR A CHANGE
    well a Sanchez fan or not, no matter who you are I think you would have to believe that if he starting turning the ball over there will be a short leash.

I dont think turnover will be excepted this year. I think Rex has turned the corner on that. Not to mention the fans would riot if there was a change.

Im sure week 1 there will be fans chanting for Geno after Sanchez first incomplete pass.

This entire thing will be determined in the preseason. I expect it to go thru game 3.

Jets Insider VIP
    ,I think the point that many are missing is this...

John Idzik, hired with the job of cleaning out the pigsty Tanny made of the Jets drafted HIS QB in the second round of the draft.

This gives Smith a strong upperhand, IMO, in this competition with the QB who wallowed in that pigsty for 51 interceptions and lost fumbles and 1 buttfumble the last two seasonal

Maybe it won't happen, Maybe MM can perform a Lourdes miracle and make Sanchez into an adequate NFL starting QB. But I don't think our new GM thinks it's happening

You make some fair points, but for me it's a question of how many chances does he get before you draw the line and say enough is enough.

I have said many times before without getting into the semantics that everyone is exhausted of debating, Sanchez has hurt this team as much as the team has hurt Sanchez, the blame and accountability lies equally on both sides.

We all need a fresh start. Even in 09/10 when you look at the tape Sanchez struggled with the same issues, tunnel vision, poor at reading defences, terrible accuracy at short to intermediate passes, poor decision making, I could go on.

Nothing will change with Sanchez this year, expect more of the same, quite frankly for me he's run out of opportunities to prove me wrong.

All League
    well a Sanchez fan or not, no matter who you are I think you would have to believe that if he starting turning the ball over there will be a short leash.

I dont think turnover will be excepted this year. I think Rex has turned the corner on that. Not to mention the fans would riot if there was a change.

Im sure week 1 there will be fans chanting for Geno after Sanchez first incomplete pass.
    This entire thing will be determined in the preseason. I expect it to go thru game 3.
    The boos will be raining down.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGnW View Post
    "Boos"? Screw that.

He'll get the "John Cena" treatment without the "Let's go" part.....

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    "Boos"? Screw that.

He'll get the "John Cena" treatment without the "Let's go" part.....
    "SAN. CHEZ. SUCKS!"

"WE. CON. CUR!"

Something like that, I imagine. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    WTF is all this "Geno isn't NFL ready" garbage I keep seeing everyone posting, he was graded as a top ten talent in the draft course he's NFL ready, it's sink or swim time and a chance to prove his critics wrong after his draft slide.

How the fvck do you come to that conclusion from a few OTA's and mini camp? Training camp is the true evaluation on whether he is ready or not.

Entrusting a QB who has turned the ball over 50+ times in two years as our saviour and only chance of victory makes me want to reach for the razor.
    Sanchez isnt NFL ready so what does it matter what Geno looks like in camp. If he can throw the ball farther then 15 yards the job is Genos. Lets see watching OTA which I dont think they even do 5 on 5s. Soo what he looked bad doing jumping jacks or something in OTAs? Could he not carry all of Mangold's luggage? lol 90% of what they have done is just getting old and or over weight guys back in shape.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Sanchez isnt NFL ready so what does it matter what Geno looks like in camp. If he can throw the ball farther then 15 yards the job is Genos. Lets see watching OTA which I dont think they even do 5 on 5s. Soo what he looked bad doing jumping jacks or something in OTAs? Could he not carry all of Mangold's luggage? lol 90% of what they have done is just getting old and or over weight guys back in shape.
    What about Geno's short fingers, and very non muscular calves? Until they can be stretched, and some definition in the lower body, Sanchez has him beat, despite his 36 To's the past 2 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGnW View Post
    I hope fans wouldn't be that ignorant but I hope to win the lottery too. The good news, as someone pointed out to me a while back, is that Sanchez will have the pre-season. And if he excels, which he still might, then the idiots will be quieted down.

Then again the boos might just help turn him around. Don't forget he's got more than enough money to say screw this, yet despite being sht on all year he's still out there competing. He has the physical tools and the desire, and if he managed a brainbox rewire this off season we might be surprised.

If it was me I'd be on my private beach on an island somewhere laughing my a$$ off.

Jets Insider VIP
    let's talk about G Smith who WILL be the opening day starting QB for the NYJ and 3-1 after week number 4 and not discuss a former Jet QB who will be remembered among the franchise greats such as Bubby Brister, Frank Reich, Neil O'Donnell, Brooks Bollinger and Rick Mirer

Jets Insider VIP
    let's talk about G Smith who WILL be the opening day starting QB for the NYJ and 3-1 after week number 4 and not discuss a former Jet QB who will be remembered among the franchise greats such as Bubby Brister, Frank Reich, Neil O'Donnell, Brooks Bollinger and Rick Mirer
    This coming from the guy who predicted Tacobell would win 2 Superbowls?

mark sucks but he has earned the right NOT to be compared to those illustrious QBs in your post.

All League
    ,I think the point that many are missing is this...

John Idzik, hired with the job of cleaning out the pigsty Tanny made of the Jets drafted HIS QB in the second round of the draft.

This gives Smith a strong upperhand, IMO, in this competition with the QB who wallowed in that pigsty for 51 interceptions and lost fumbles and 1 buttfumble the last two seasonal

Maybe it won't happen, Maybe MM can perform a Lourdes miracle and make Sanchez into an adequate NFL starting QB. But I don't think our new GM thinks it's happening
    SG - Good point, I think this is spot on.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    This coming from the guy who predicted Tacobell would win 2 Superbowls?

mark sucks but he has earned the right NOT to be compared to those illustrious QBs in your post.
    just because I was admittedly wrong about Sucky as an NFL QB is no reason to keep him starting as the Jet QB in 2013 and completely ruin a third season in a row

Jets Insider VIP
    just because I was admittedly wrong about Sucky as an NFL QB is no reason to keep him starting as the Jet QB in 2013 and completely ruin a third season in a row
    Agreed...but he is far more important/significant to our history than any of the rent a QBs you named.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    Hands down no competition.

Geno the Gini hope you are ready in 2015 until then Mark is our man.

Mangold the heart of team concurs. Who else is on board?

Sanchez haters let's hear it. Yes, he had a rough past 2 years, but we have jealous people to a multimillionaire who had unparalleled success in his first 2 years as Jets QB including Broadway Joe.

The only chance we win this year is w/Sanchez developing. If he doesn't we are a top 10 pick.

Trade Smith to move up in draft if Sanchez isn't our guy. Eugene is raw, shot gun QB that has no business in the NFL as a starter unless Sanchez falls flat on his face. Even then he will be horrible in year 1. Year 2 he can be decent but he's too raw to succeed especially with our pathetic WR's.
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA BAAWAa HA ha ha ha ha ha ha he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he ``````he he he he this thread is use less without pic.

You know sanchez was really showing signs of progress in year 3. His numbers were up and he had more responsibility. The wheels completely fell off the last 3 games but before that it is hard to argue he hadnt improved. Take last year and the last quarter of the year before away and start from there. If he can just somehow and us too, forget about last season maybe he can be decent this year.

For the sake of Geno or any other young Qb on this team its best that Sanchez picks it up and starts this year. We have a tough schedule to open and who knows what the offensive produce will look like. There are tons of question marks. If Sanchez stumbles and the team plays poorly no one will be surprised and Sanchez will have taken the bullet.

Geno is not Nfl ready and only damage can be done if he starts in my opinion. Then in 2 or 3 years we are in the same situation.

Sanchez it is now Marty's job to make you into a legit QB. Geno you have a long way to go so eat hot dogs and hold a clipboard.

If Sanchez stumbles we win if he plays well we win. We either get a high pick or we make the playoffs. Mark is going to have a hard time because our offense is minor league football team at the skills positions. He's a gifted player who has turnover issues with the right adjustments by Marty he can lead us to the playoffs. This is solely Marty's job to make him better and groom Geno the gini as trade bait.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    "SAN. CHEZ. SUCKS!"

"WE. CON. CUR!"

Something like that, I imagine. lol.
    Sanchez no longer eats Taco Bell he eats healthy thanks to Tebow and good off season conditioning. He works hard and pays out of pocket for Jets West no one can argue with his dedication.