Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Sanchez as our Starter...

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by jets31 View Post
    Really the problem with this whole thread is people are looking at this the wrong way.

Everyone is worried about the CONS of Sanchez starting and not considering the PROS at all. Most are to bitter to realize there are any.

With that everyone wants Geno to start but I have yet to see anyone think about the CONS of him starting day 1. Again most dont think there are any. These are the same people who will be complaining in 2-3 years.

We are getting to caught up with recent history of young Qbs and not looking at the big picture. All these guys (RG3, Luck, Wilson etc) played with very good teams around them. Much like Sanchez in year one and two and now here we are. We need to think long term. History shows us most of these guys wont have the same success in year 2 and 3.
    Im in the start Geno crew. Why?
    I dont expect him to be great right now, and as long as there is PROGRESSION, the team and fans shouldnt expect more. Mark shows no progression, but has shown regression the past 2 seasons. Thats hard to swallow.

Also, starting Geno would give us a glimpse into his talent and see how he may or may not perfrom at the pro level, which may in turn open the door to the Jets drafting a blue chip QB next year.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    I dont expect him to be great right now, and as long as there is PROGRESSION, the team and fans shouldnt expect more. Mark shows no progression, but has shown regression the past 2 seasons. Thats hard to swallow.

Also, starting Geno would give us a glimpse into his talent and see how he may or may not perfrom at the pro level, which may in turn open the door to the Jets drafting a blue chip QB next year.
    I don't get where no one gets this.

Plus where is it written that the Jets will suck? They were in the playoff hunt until TENN with the worst QB in the league. But people want the Jets to give up on the season and play the guy who was front and center in blowing the last 2 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    I don't get where no one gets this.

Plus where is it written that the Jets will suck? They were in the playoff hunt until TENN with the worst QB in the league. But people want the Jets to give up on the season and play the guy who was front and center in blowing the last 2 seasons.
    Love how all these qbs come in and start yr 1, including mark but yet Sanchez lovers say geno isn't ready what on earth could learn sitting on the bench watching a chicken assclown turnover the ball 3 times a game? I know, David lee every series- " hey geno see what he did there? Don't ever do that!"

Really the problem with this whole thread is people are looking at this the wrong way.

Everyone is worried about the CONS of Sanchez starting and not considering the PROS at all.
    Most are to bitter to realize there are any.

With that everyone wants Geno to start but I have yet to see anyone think about the CONS of him starting day 1. Again most dont think there are any. These are the same people who will be complaining in 2-3 years.

We are getting to caught up with recent history of young Qbs and not looking at the big picture. All these guys (RG3, Luck, Wilson etc) played with very good teams around them. Much like Sanchez in year one and two and now here we are. We need to think long term. History shows us most of these guys wont have the same success in year 2 and 3.
    There are no pros to starting him. What pro he sucks and we get a better draft pick? F that man. If Geno is the better QB he should start. PERIOD. If he is even close to being better he should start. Sanchez is not the future of this team and to think we can get anything for him in trade with his contract is wish full at best. Even if he pulls out a glitch season and has like a 85 QB he is still not worth jack to us. If you can progress a guy that may be the future you have to do it. Why delay progress. That seems to be what a lot of fans think this team should do every year IMO. Lets just sign every jag over 30 because we know what they have already done and screw the young guys. They can learn on the bench until they produce. That is not logical. Never mind the fact he is mentally broken. The right move for doth him and the team is not to play him IMO. I think as a BU if he can produce short term is worth a lot more then seeing him suck up the field starting.

All League

What if there is no PROGRESSION WITH GENO? Then what?

All Pro
    Again, this is just my opinion...
    If there is zero progression with Geno? Well, first off im assuming if he is any decent at all, he WILL show some progression, in which case the FO will determine if those strides were enough to keep him in there as the starter and see what transpires in '14, or if his play is very iffy, the team can start to look for a QB to draft high in the '14 draft. Thankfully the rookie salary cap makes this a little more forgiving than in years past.

I can understand your viewpoint, just think we should lay all the cards out there.

How many years did jets give mark 4? Can we atleast give geno 2 years before we start to question his skills as a qb..

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    There are no pros to starting him. What pro he sucks and we get a better draft pick? F that man. If Geno is the better QB he should start. PERIOD. If he is even close to being better he should start. Sanchez is not the future of this team and to think we can get anything for him in trade with his contract is wish full at best. Even if he pulls out a glitch season and has like a 85 QB he is still not worth jack to us. If you can progress a guy that may be the future you have to do it. Why delay progress. That seems to be what a lot of fans think this team should do every year IMO. Lets just sign every jag over 30 because we know what they have already done and screw the young guys. They can learn on the bench until they produce. That is not logical. Never mind the fact he is mentally broken. The right move for doth him and the team is not to play him IMO. I think as a BU if he can produce short term is worth a lot more then seeing him suck up the field starting.
    No Pros to starting Sanchez? People are just to bitter. This for the most part is a rebuilding year. Im not saying we cant make the playoffs but there are new pieces everywhere.

Marty M. has a pretty good record for turning around QBs with high turnover percentages. Why not give him a shot a Sanchez and maybe just maybe he could be salvaged. Fact is people dont want Sanchez to be salvaged. Its not even the thought that he cant be its they dont want him to be. Most likely just say they can say I told you so.

What people are missing with Geno being the day one starter is pressure. I dont care what anyone says, if he starts day 1 he will have all the pressure in the world on him. Especially in NY. Right now the pressure is off. We have Mark and he was drafted in the 2nd round. Its the perfect chance for him to sit a bit and learn.

He has a ton of work to do coming out of college. NOT running a pro style system is a big deal.

All League
    Again, this is just my opinion...
    If there is zero progression with Geno? Well, first off im assuming if he is any decent at all, he WILL show some progression, in which case the FO will determine if those strides were enough to keep him in there as the starter and see what transpires in '14, or if his play is very iffy, the team can start to look for a QB to draft high in the '14 draft. Thankfully the rookie salary cap makes this a little more forgiving than in years past.

I can understand your viewpoint, just think we should lay all the cards out there.
    I totally agree!

All Pro
    No Pros to starting Sanchez? People are just to bitter. This for the most part is a rebuilding year. Im not saying we cant make the playoffs but there are new pieces everywhere.

Marty M. has a pretty good record for turning around QBs with high turnover percentages. Why not give him a shot a Sanchez and maybe just maybe he could be salvaged. Fact is people dont want Sanchez to be salvaged. Its not even the thought that he cant be its they dont want him to be. Most likely just say they can say I told you so.

What people are missing with Geno being the day one starter is pressure. I dont care what anyone says, if he starts day 1 he will have all the pressure in the world on him. Especially in NY. Right now the pressure is off. We have Mark and he was drafted in the 2nd round. Its the perfect chance for him to sit a bit and learn.

He has a ton of work to do coming out of college. NOT running a pro style system is a big deal.
    You make a good argument. FWIW, i DO think Sanchez will be the starter, just disagree with it.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    How many years did jets give mark 4? Can we atleast give geno 2 years before we start to question his skills as a qb..
    I'm not questioning his skill set I'm just saying WHAT IF....

And to be fair we only really gave Sanchez 2 years not 4. The most you could argue would be 3.

Starting Sanchez so you dont have to start Geno is stupid not a pro. If Geno is the better QB he should start. He was a 2nd round QB no one is expecting him to look like Luck day one. All people will ask him to do is play better the Mark. NOT HARD. If he cant do that I dont want him. Guys like Harrington and Lienart looked better then Mark. Salvage Sanchez. lol OMFG If he is "salvaged" it will not be in NY. It isnt ability he has no heart he just isnt a starter in this league. He doesnt have it mentally. New coaches, new playbook, more weapons. It doesnt matter he is who he is. Hoping he progresses at this point is not a pro. Your talking about grooming him for someone else at this point like SF did with Smith. I am not up to throwing in the towel anther season in dire hopes that someone else thinks Sanchez could still be a starter. Give me one valid pro in starting Mark and I'd agree but really there isnt a damn one.
    Last edited by Dreamers; 06-26-2013 at 11:58 PM.

Sark Manchez tried to shoot his sister's boyfriend to but the bullet got intercepted.

Practice Squad
    I can't wait to see Geno out there in pads. I want to get this crap over with. I think Geno is more talented than Mark and is already a better player. We have to remember that Mark came into this off season with every advantage. He's been in the NFL starting for 4 yrs. Mark hired Jeff Garcia to tutor him in the WCO! Mark had access to the playbook, Jets film room and Marty himself for longer than Geno. All of this and still Mark couldn't beat out Geno who had to scramble to learn a new system, adjust to the speed of NFL players, learn NFL defenses, learn how to work under center and do this under the pressure of NY. Geno IMO is going to eventually surpass Mark this summer once he gets more comfortable with all the new things he's learned.

Geno is faster, more agile, better pocket presence and escape ability, stronger and more accurate arm and a more focused and hungry player. Geno gives this team the best chance to win and have a successful future. Nothing Mark has done suggests that he's the better option for this team. Mark has cracked under pressure here and I think Geno will apply even more pressure than Mark has ever had here for the starting QB job. Mark will CRACK!

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsluva View Post
    I can't wait to see Geno out there in pads. I want to get this crap over with. I think Geno is more talented than Mark and is already a better player. We have to remember that Mark came into this off season with every advantage. He's been in the NFL starting for 4 yrs. Mark hired Jeff Garcia to tutor him in the WCO! Mark had access to the playbook, Jets film room and Marty himself for longer than Geno. All of this and still Mark couldn't beat out Geno who had to scramble to learn a new system, adjust to the speed of NFL players, learn NFL defenses, learn how to work under center and do this under the pressure of NY. Geno IMO is going to eventually surpass Mark this summer once he gets more comfortable with all the new things he's learned.

Geno is faster, more agile, better pocket presence and escape ability, stronger and more accurate arm and a more focused and hungry player. Geno gives this team the best chance to win and have a successful future. Nothing Mark has done suggests that he's the better option for this team. Mark has cracked under pressure here and I think Geno will apply even more pressure than Mark has ever had here for the starting QB job. Mark will CRACK!
    Agree with alot of what you had to say but Geno needs to learn the playbook first. Because of fast success of guys like RG3, Newton, Wilson and Luck last couple years now the media makes it out like every rookie qb needs to play at all-pro level right away or they're a bust and really thats not the case NFL playbooks are way more complex than college those guys were the exception rather than norm.

WCO is a totally different offense than what Geno had in WVU. I think Geno was in shotgun the entire time in college now he's going to be under center almost 100% of the time. Alex Smith needed 4 years to learn how to just be competent in WCO.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Agree with alot of what you had to say but Geno needs to learn the playbook first. Because of fast success of guys like RG3, Newton, Wilson and Luck last couple years now the media makes it out like every rookie qb needs to play at all-pro level right away or they're a bust and really thats not the case NFL playbooks are way more complex than college those guys were the exception rather than norm.

WCO is a totally different offense than what Geno had in WVU. I think Geno was in shotgun the entire time in college now he's going to be under center almost 100% of the time. Alex Smith needed 4 years to learn how to just be competent in WCO.
    1) Don't ALL rookies have to learn a new and presumably more complex NFL playbook?

2) Don't both Smith and Sanchez have to learn MMs new WCO?

From all reports up to and including minicamp and post-minicamp, Smith has his head buried in that playbook studying this offense while Sanchez appears on video to be studying vodka and bimbos in California with his pants hanging down below his rear end. Maybe he buttfumbled them away too

Mark Sanchez plays Broadway Joe Namath. Has a couple drinks and broads. Difference is he's on tape.

Most NFL players are ballers want bottle service and hit the road and have girls in every city.

Chad Pennington and Wayne Chrebet are role models.

Antonio Cromartie is a stud for us. Goodson and him want to populate the USA with future Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    1) Don't ALL rookies have to learn a new and presumably more complex NFL playbook?

2) Don't both Smith and Sanchez have to learn MMs new WCO?

From all reports up to and including minicamp and post-minicamp, Smith has his head buried in that playbook studying this offense while Sanchez appears on video to be studying vodka and bimbos in California with his pants hanging down below his rear end. Maybe he buttfumbled them away too
    Smith is slow study and has to learn from ground zero he's a project like Stephen Hill they need to live in school and film room for a couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    Smith is slow study and has to learn from ground zero he's a project like Stephen Hill they need to live in school and film room for a couple years.
    Where are you getting this crap from, everything I have read says Smith is a very smart kid and a quick study. An he has buried himself in the film room and the playbook.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    Where are you getting this crap from, everything I have read says Smith is a very smart kid and a quick study. An he has buried himself in the film room and the playbook.
    He's trolling.

Nothing more, keeps adding ridiculous posts to keep his ridiculous thread alive.