Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 139

Thread: Sanchez as our Starter...

  1. #101
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    Mark Sanchez plays Broadway Joe Namath. Has a couple drinks and broads. Difference is he's on tape.

    Most NFL players are ballers want bottle service and hit the road and have girls in every city.

    Chad Pennington and Wayne Chrebet are role models.

    Antonio Cromartie is a stud for us. Goodson and him want to populate the USA with future Jets.

    ban




    Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    Smith is slow study and has to learn from ground zero he's a project like Stephen Hill they need to live in school and film room for a couple years.
    ban

  2. #102
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    2,398
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Starting Sanchez so you dont have to start Geno is stupid not a pro. If Geno is the better QB he should start. He was a 2nd round QB no one is expecting him to look like Luck day one. All people will ask him to do is play better the Mark. NOT HARD. If he cant do that I dont want him. Guys like Harrington and Lienart looked better then Mark. Salvage Sanchez. lol OMFG If he is "salvaged" it will not be in NY. It isnt ability he has no heart he just isnt a starter in this league. He doesnt have it mentally. New coaches, new playbook, more weapons. It doesnt matter he is who he is. Hoping he progresses at this point is not a pro. Your talking about grooming him for someone else at this point like SF did with Smith. I am not up to throwing in the towel anther season in dire hopes that someone else thinks Sanchez could still be a starter. Give me one valid pro in starting Mark and I'd agree but really there isnt a damn one.
    Why are you guys so blind and only see this one way? So what if Mark starts week 1. You act like that means he will remain the starter all year and Geno has no chance to see the field. The best man will win this job for week 1. From there on it will be week to week especially if its Sanchez.

    To me this is the perfect set up. If mark plays well he continues to start and Geno has time to learn plus the team should do well. If Sanchez play is poor then great Geno gets his shot.

    If Geno starts right away and plays poorly because the team around him just isnt good enough yet and he is not ready then what? You go back to Sanchez? At that point that would be crazy. This is where I see Genos career possibly being effected.

    If Geno is ready week 1 and beats out Sanchez great start him. But lets not start Geno just because we hate Sanchez so much. We need to thing logically about this. Do whats right for the team long term not what makes us feel good now.

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    ban






    ban
    band what kind? SG3 When will you start a thread? Mr. Negative energy

  4. #104

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by jets31 View Post
    Why are you guys so blind and only see this one way? So what if Mark starts week 1. You act like that means he will remain the starter all year and Geno has no chance to see the field. The best man will win this job for week 1. From there on it will be week to week especially if its Sanchez.

    To me this is the perfect set up. If mark plays well he continues to start and Geno has time to learn plus the team should do well. If Sanchez play is poor then great Geno gets his shot.

    If Geno starts right away and plays poorly because the team around him just isnt good enough yet and he is not ready then what? You go back to Sanchez? At that point that would be crazy. This is where I see Genos career possibly being effected.

    If Geno is ready week 1 and beats out Sanchez great start him. But lets not start Geno just because we hate Sanchez so much. We need to thing logically about this. Do whats right for the team long term not what makes us feel good now.
    Good analysis and details

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by jets31 View Post
    Why are you guys so blind and only see this one way? So what if Mark starts week 1. You act like that means he will remain the starter all year and Geno has no chance to see the field. The best man will win this job for week 1. From there on it will be week to week especially if its Sanchez.

    To me this is the perfect set up. If mark plays well he continues to start and Geno has time to learn plus the team should do well. If Sanchez play is poor then great Geno gets his shot.

    If Geno starts right away and plays poorly because the team around him just isnt good enough yet and he is not ready then what? You go back to Sanchez? At that point that would be crazy. This is where I see Genos career possibly being effected.

    If Geno is ready week 1 and beats out Sanchez great start him. But lets not start Geno just because we hate Sanchez so much. We need to thing logically about this. Do whats right for the team long term not what makes us feel good now.
    If that is the case Sanchez is the #3 QB to start the year. He flat out isnt a starter we already know this. There is 0 benefit to starting him at this point. I cant see how anyone on that team truly believes he is the best option.

  6. #106
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,503
    Quote Originally Posted by jets31 View Post
    Why are you guys so blind and only see this one way? So what if Mark starts week 1. You act like that means he will remain the starter all year and Geno has no chance to see the field. The best man will win this job for week 1. From there on it will be week to week especially if its Sanchez.

    To me this is the perfect set up. If mark plays well he continues to start and Geno has time to learn plus the team should do well. If Sanchez play is poor then great Geno gets his shot.

    If Geno starts right away and plays poorly because the team around him just isnt good enough yet and he is not ready then what? You go back to Sanchez? At that point that would be crazy. This is where I see Genos career possibly being effected.

    If Geno is ready week 1 and beats out Sanchez great start him. But lets not start Geno just because we hate Sanchez so much. We need to thing logically about this. Do whats right for the team long term not what makes us feel good now.

    But you think we should go back to Sanchez after he sucked up 2 seasons, basically was the worst QB in the NFL for 4?

    That makes sense because? We don't know what he is? He may miraculously be the 31st worst QB this year?

    Don't sit him because you hate him, sit him because no one could conceivably play worse than he has for 4 seasons.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    But you think we should go back to Sanchez after he sucked up 2 seasons, basically was the worst QB in the NFL for 4?

    That makes sense because? We don't know what he is? He may miraculously be the 31st worst QB this year?

    Don't sit him because you hate him, sit him because no one could conceivably play worse than he has for 4 seasons.
    Sanchez has sucked up 4 season now. I am amazed when people think his 1st two years where good. His 3rd year was better then either of them and even that was below average. Blaine Gabbert, Chad Henne, and Jake Locker have all posted better season then any of Marks in the last 4 years. That is an elite group of suck IMO.

  8. #108
    Sanchez at times has been a party animal. That is fine as long as he produces during the regular season. He's been linked to Sopranos star, Eva Longoria, Katie Upton etc. and is a model for GQ. While this is all fine and dandy he needs to put up or go play for Pete Caroll or a CA team next season. It's going to be very difficult b/c we have done everything to sabotage the kid. Especially not bringing back Edwards. This is a horrendous mistake by Idzik! Edwards is a Jet thru and thru and loves it here he backs up Sanchez! Even if Sanchez isn't the starter the whole season its a good move to bring Braylon back.

  9. #109
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Posts
    1,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    If that is the case Sanchez is the #3 QB to start the year. He flat out isnt a starter we already know this. There is 0 benefit to starting him at this point. I cant see how anyone on that team truly believes he is the best option.
    Everyone ow they have a lot invested in Mark and he will start...when he is not doing well they will see if he changes his ways or the job will go to a no money SECOND round pick and thinks its whos the best its about money ...righjt now they will go with Mark. When he isnt doing well they will go to a no brainer no money invested in second round QB pick and see what he has but for right now its about playing the big money guy you gave an extension to.

  10. #110
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,160
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJet85 View Post
    Everyone ow they have a lot invested in Mark and he will start...when he is not doing well they will see if he changes his ways or the job will go to a no money SECOND round pick and thinks its whos the best its about money ...righjt now they will go with Mark. When he isnt doing well they will go to a no brainer no money invested in second round QB pick and see what he has but for right now its about playing the big money guy you gave an extension to.
    So they should make the choice and the wrong choice to boot and start a proven incompetent because of a huge financial screw up by a GM who was fired primarily for that screwup and not start the better quarterback chosen high in the draft by the NEW GM


    Makes perfect sense.

  11. #111
    Sanchez has to prove he can win with very limited offensive players. Peyton Manning is a perfect example of raising the level of talent around you. Now Manning and Sanchez aren't in the same class of QBs, but he can learn from him and in order for us to have success Mark needs to make our other skill positions better. Eli has also made players better...Cruz etc.

    Sanchise has this to work with:
    RB: Goodson, Ivory, Powell, McKnight
    FB: still a big question mark?
    WR: Holmes, Hill, Kerley and a bunch of unknowns
    TE: Winslow, Cumberland, Hayden (potential) and unknowns

  12. #112
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    Sanchez has to prove he can win with very limited offensive players. Peyton Manning is a perfect example of raising the level of talent around you. Now Manning and Sanchez aren't in the same class of QBs, but he can learn from him and in order for us to have success Mark needs to make our other skill positions better. Eli has also made players better...Cruz etc.

    Sanchise has this to work with:
    RB: Goodson, Ivory, Powell, McKnight
    FB: still a big question mark?
    WR: Holmes, Hill, Kerley and a bunch of unknowns
    TE: Winslow, Cumberland, Hayden (potential) and unknowns
    If only Schmuck99 would make himself "unknown"

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJet85 View Post
    Everyone ow they have a lot invested in Mark and he will start...when he is not doing well they will see if he changes his ways or the job will go to a no money SECOND round pick and thinks its whos the best its about money ...righjt now they will go with Mark. When he isnt doing well they will go to a no brainer no money invested in second round QB pick and see what he has but for right now its about playing the big money guy you gave an extension to.
    Your dreaming not going to happen. 0 reasons to think Mark will ever play anther game in Green again. He wouldnt even be on the team if David could play right now. Stop with this Mark will get a 1 millionth shot BS. He is done and everyone but like 2-3 idiots know it.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJet85 View Post
    Everyone ow they have a lot invested in Mark and he will start...when he is not doing well they will see if he changes his ways or the job will go to a no money SECOND round pick and thinks its whos the best its about money ...righjt now they will go with Mark. When he isnt doing well they will go to a no brainer no money invested in second round QB pick and see what he has but for right now its about playing the big money guy you gave an extension to.
    Although $ can be a driving Mark being our starter is more to the fact that Geno isn't ready and we have no one even remotely close to a NFL starter.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsluva View Post
    The sad thing is that there are still Jet fans who haven't come to grips with the fact that what we've seen from Mark is exactly who he is. He likely would play a bit better under Marty and Lee, but he will top out at what he's been at his best so far with the Jets, which is mediocre. Geno has FAR more upside than Mark. That's the real point here.

    If you're a Jets fan and you can't see that Geno has far more potential to take this team further, then I don't know what to say. Anyone wanting to see Mark again deserves another losing season! Also this talk about losing so we can get a draft pick is asinine!!! That's not how we should go about building this team. We're gonna have enough draft picks next year. This team would get more out of having success this year than losing. Geno will give this team it's best chance to succeed. He's stronger, faster, more accurate and has natural pocket presence that Mark just doesn't have.
    Our entire offense rests on Marty developing our Qbs. If he can make substantial difference will be fine!

  16. #116
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In Da Club with a Bottle Full of Bubb
    Posts
    8,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Your dreaming not going to happen. 0 reasons to think Mark will ever play anther game in Green again. He wouldnt even be on the team if David could play right now. Stop with this Mark will get a 1 millionth shot BS. He is done and everyone but like 2-3 idiots know it.
    There is like 12 million reasons this season. If you dont think that makes any difference, and the team will just put the best QB out there, i disagree 110%. Salary matters.

    I also disagree that Garrard was brought in to compete with Mark, to mentor him, or to bring out a better QB in Mark. Garrard was brought in to appease the Jets fans who united against Mark after the midpoint last season. It was a ploy, and those who think he was actually here to compete got hoodwinked.

  17. #117
    either way we're a shoe in for the #1 pick in next draft

  18. #118
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In Da Club with a Bottle Full of Bubb
    Posts
    8,775
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelForbin View Post
    either way we're a shoe in for the #1 pick in next draft
    DING!

    This doesnt sit well with the remaining Sanchites, or the "how dare you ever root for this team and hope for a top 3 pick" posters, but in all actuality, imo, its the best shot at building a winning franchise.

    Go Jets!, Go Beer!

  19. #119
    Just watched the San Diego playoff game in 09, when I watched it back then I never realised how bad the offence stank even then, we did not pick up a first down till midway through the 2nd.

    Have we ever had a fluid passing game since Sanchez arrived, just run run run run, like hacking down a tree.

    absolutely love how much we blitzed, defense looked a world apart from last year.

    Be interesting to see how much we get away with blitzing next year without Revis shutting half the field down.

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    There is like 12 million reasons this season. If you dont think that makes any difference, and the team will just put the best QB out there, i disagree 110%. Salary matters.

    I also disagree that Garrard was brought in to compete with Mark, to mentor him, or to bring out a better QB in Mark. Garrard was brought in to appease the Jets fans who united against Mark after the midpoint last season. It was a ploy, and those who think he was actually here to compete got hoodwinked.
    David was brought in because they had every intention of cutting Mark. The JETS using him or not have already eaten that cash. He is not coming back next year and has 0 value in trade. I still say there is only a 10% chance he is still on this team come week one much less the starter. They are not going to start him because they are paying him. The fact that they can get more people to watch them if he doesnt play is a big factor in this. Your telling me they will be willing to loose even more money paying for anther GMs bad management? Dont by it one second. This team was a joke last year because he isnt an NFL QB. If on final cut day someone like Carr or Orton can be had for league min your little pretty boy is gone. Not a doubt in my mind.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us