Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 139

Thread: Sanchez as our Starter...

  1. #61
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Macon, Georgia
    Posts
    336
    The sad thing is that there are still Jet fans who haven't come to grips with the fact that what we've seen from Mark is exactly who he is. He likely would play a bit better under Marty and Lee, but he will top out at what he's been at his best so far with the Jets, which is mediocre. Geno has FAR more upside than Mark. That's the real point here.

    If you're a Jets fan and you can't see that Geno has far more potential to take this team further, then I don't know what to say. Anyone wanting to see Mark again deserves another losing season! Also this talk about losing so we can get a draft pick is asinine!!! That's not how we should go about building this team. We're gonna have enough draft picks next year. This team would get more out of having success this year than losing. Geno will give this team it's best chance to succeed. He's stronger, faster, more accurate and has natural pocket presence that Mark just doesn't have.

  2. #62
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    2,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    We have nothing to gain at all by starting Sanchez. Best case he never see the field again and we replace him with a viable NFL QB. Worst case he plays and is good enough to get an extension and we are stuck with him anther 2-3 years like SF was with Smith. NO ONE will trade for him NO ONE. At best at this point in his career he is a BU. David Carr only without the arm. He doesnt even show the ability Smith showed his 1st 4 years. He cant or will not throw the ball deep and always seems to be pouting. This is nothing new he isnt an NFL QB. Start Smith now and see what he has. IF he isnt an NFL QB get anther QB next year. It is that simple. Why put yourself in anther limbo year when the next guy may already be on your bench? Your not going to ruin Geno by starting him. That is some dumb stuff fans say to justify sitting a rookie. If he is the better option to play and he is you play him. If we didnt have a good line OK but that isnt the case. Put Geno in the game and let him progress on the field. Flacco, Freeman, Wilson, and Cam where all guys people said wherent ready their rookie years. Yet somehow they all did more then Sanchez has ever done in their 1st years. Geno this year is all upside. Sanchez you know what you get and that isnt a very good QB.
    You arent going to ruin him by starting him? How about the guy you mentioned about, DAVID CARR! He was ruined because he started to early. They had a terrible team and he paid the price. Why would you want to do the same thing to Geno if you dont have to?

  3. #63
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,279
    not even close to a comparison

    Carr started for an expansion team


    Sanchez has tried to turn the Jets into an expansion team the last two seasons with his abysmal QB performance.

    But, with the right QB (GS) and the right (OC), the right GM and the right HC, we will magically discover that the Jets are way better on offense than the level that Sanchez dragged them down to the last two seasons

    TIME FOR A CHANGE

    GENOTIME

  4. #64
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    2,575
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    not even close to a comparison

    Carr started for an expansion team


    Sanchez has tried to turn the Jets into an expansion team the last two seasons with his abysmal QB performance.

    But, with the right QB (GS) and the right (OC), the right GM and the right HC, we will magically discover that the Jets are way better on offense than the level that Sanchez dragged them down to the last two seasons

    TIME FOR A CHANGE

    GENOTIME
    If you are suggesting that everything is Sanchez fault then you are crazy. He definitely deserves blame but no where near all of it!

  5. #65
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,485
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Excellent idea

    Let him sit four seasons and watch Marky Favre lead the Jets to more turnover filled losing seasons!!

    GGCB!
    Ummmm that is what I said or suggested!!!

    Come on man!!!

    Good Grief!!

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by jets31 View Post
    You arent going to ruin him by starting him? How about the guy you mentioned about, DAVID CARR! He was ruined because he started to early. They had a terrible team and he paid the price. Why would you want to do the same thing to Geno if you dont have to?
    He was ruined by a terrible line and a horrid work ethic. The 76 sacks on him wasnt because he was a rookie QB. With very few except QBs are not ruined by starting early. It is a myth that it is bad for them. Does it hurt to sit a year no but if he is the better QB on the team he should start. Carr looked good his rookie year. Sadly Houston never developed a OL in the time he was there or a coach that showed him how to game prep.
    Last edited by Dreamers; 06-25-2013 at 10:52 PM.

  7. #67
    If that is true about the Drunken video about Sanchez he deserves to get hammered for off field issues with women. Now he is not The Steelers Qb or committing adultery but he needs to get his head on straight.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    troll

    ban

    thank you
    I run this thread hater.

  9. #69
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,279
    GENOTIME NOW

  10. #70
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by jets31 View Post
    You arent going to ruin him by starting him? How about the guy you mentioned about, DAVID CARR! He was ruined because he started to early. They had a terrible team and he paid the price. Why would you want to do the same thing to Geno if you dont have to?
    Carr was beaten to a pulp starting for an expansion.

    That being said no one could say with any degree of certainty that if he sat he would have developed into a top QB. No one knows that playing him ruined him.

  11. #71
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    I run this thread hater.
    Says every troll who eventually gets himself banned

  12. #72
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Says every troll who eventually gets himself banned
    A troll? He might not share your opinion of Sanchez, but a troll? You and your buddies jump down the throats of any Jet fan who has a different opinion, a kool aide brigade if you will...so he likes suckchez, why is that trolling?

  13. #73
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,762
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Excellent idea

    Let him sit four seasons and watch Marky Favre lead the Jets to more turnover filled losing seasons!!

    GGCB!
    I wish he was Favre in his prime

  14. #74
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by LSJF View Post
    A troll? He might not share your opinion of Sanchez, but a troll? You and your buddies jump down the throats of any Jet fan who has a different opinion, a kool aide brigade if you will...so he likes suckchez, why is that trolling?
    Really?

    Trolls start and do all they can to keep a thread going that is designed to start arguments and upset people. With the intent of provoking readers into emotional responses

    Maybe you should read his posts, here and in other threads that hes started before lecturing anyone.

    Or at least take the time to look up what a troll is.

    Instead of being clueless and calling people part of some imaginary Kool aide brigade

  15. #75
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Really?

    Trolls start and do all they can to keep a thread going that is designed to start arguments and upset people. With the intent of provoking readers into emotional responses

    Maybe you should read his posts, here and in other threads that hes started before lecturing anyone.

    Or at least take the time to look up what a troll is.

    Instead of being clueless and calling people part of some imaginary Kool aide brigade


    I know what a troll is, easy with the venom...you and your buddy SG3(adding his lame nicknames to every player or poster) attack any poster that has a different opinion than yours...try conversing, less attacking...we are all entitled to our thoughts whether they are correct in your judging eyes...I'm no SOJF, but I like hearing other opinions, it is valid to start Mark and eventually groom Geno, even after a few games...the Giants did it w Eli and Kurt Warner.

  16. #76
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by LSJF View Post
    [/B]

    I know what a troll is, easy with the venom...you and your buddy SG3(adding his lame nicknames to every player or poster) attack any poster that has a different opinion than yours...try conversing, less attacking...we are all entitled to our thoughts whether they are correct in your judging eyes...I'm no SOJF, but I like hearing other opinions, it is valid to start Mark and eventually groom Geno, even after a few games...the Giants did it w Eli and Kurt Warner.
    You said my buddies jump down the throats of any Jet fan who has a different opinion? Those that don't agree are part of a kool aide brigade.

    I defined a troll, most would agree, Shark is a troll.

    No venom. I'm not defending a buddy. You might look into that one though. Seems like you're defending someone, not me.

  17. #77
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,279
    Is this LSJF the same as the clown mod at message board vastly inferior to JI?

  18. #78
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,762
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Is this LSJF the same as the clown mod at message board vastly inferior to JI?
    No I'm not, I don't mean to be on the attack, but a return to regular discussion would be great...

  19. #79
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    2,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    He was ruined by a terrible line and a horrid work ethic. The 76 sacks on him wasnt because he was a rookie QB. With very few except QBs are not ruined by starting early. It is a myth that it is bad for them. Does it hurt to sit a year no but if he is the better QB on the team he should start. Carr looked good his rookie year. Sadly Houston never developed a OL in the time he was there or a coach that showed him how to game prep.
    The difference is between starting a rookie QB on a good team and one on a bad team. The chances of ruining a rookie by starting him on a bad team go up dramatically compared to a good one.

    Carr was definitely ruined by starting early in my opinion. The sacks killed his career as it would have anyone. The fact that he is still in the league after all this team proves to me he has the talent everyone though he did. He may have been so much more he only they waited.

    If the guy was complete junk he most likely would have been out of the league in a few years.

  20. #80
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    2,575
    Really the problem with this whole thread is people are looking at this the wrong way.

    Everyone is worried about the CONS of Sanchez starting and not considering the PROS at all. Most are to bitter to realize there are any.

    With that everyone wants Geno to start but I have yet to see anyone think about the CONS of him starting day 1. Again most dont think there are any. These are the same people who will be complaining in 2-3 years.

    We are getting to caught up with recent history of young Qbs and not looking at the big picture. All these guys (RG3, Luck, Wilson etc) played with very good teams around them. Much like Sanchez in year one and two and now here we are. We need to think long term. History shows us most of these guys wont have the same success in year 2 and 3.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us