Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanchez as our Starter...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanchez as our Starter...

Hands down no competition.

Geno the Gini hope you are ready in 2015 until then Mark is our man.

Mangold the heart of team concurs. Who else is on board?

Sanchez haters let's hear it. Yes, he had a rough past 2 years, but we have jealous people to a multimillionaire who had unparalleled success in his first 2 years as Jets QB including Broadway Joe.

The only chance we win this year is w/Sanchez developing. If he doesn't we are a top 10 pick.

Trade Smith to move up in draft if Sanchez isn't our guy. Eugene is raw, shot gun QB that has no business in the NFL as a starter unless Sanchez falls flat on his face. Even then he will be horrible in year 1. Year 2 he can be decent but he's too raw to succeed especially with our pathetic WR's.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post

Sanchez haters let's hear it. Yes, he had a rough past 2 years, but we have jealous people to a multimillionaire who had unparalleled success in his first 2 years as Jets QB including Broadway Joe.

The only chance we win this year is w/Sanchez developing. If he doesn't we are a top 10 pick.

Trade Smith to move up in draft if Sanchez isn't our guy. Eugene is raw, shot gun QB that has no business in the NFL as a starter unless Sanchez falls flat on his face. Even then he will be horrible in year 1. Year 2 he can be decent but he's too raw to succeed especially with our pathetic WR's.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nobody take the bait, lol.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

/thread

/ban

/dump

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    /thread

/ban

/dump
    this

enough with this bigot

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    another quality post by "the shark"

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for that needed a nice laugh on Monday morning the "best chance to win u mean by he will give us "best chance to lose" therefore top pick for 2014 marky boy wont be a jet next yr thanks G.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

I got nothin'

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't even start a thread yet. And this poster can ??????

Ban.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Lets see who is the first nitwit to engage this troll in a debate.

One thing for sure, someone will we too stupid and will take the bait.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    I can't even start a thread yet. And this poster can ??????

Ban.
    Lol. How many posts do you need to start one?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Lol. How many posts do you need to start one?
    Apparently more than 393

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    You know sanchez was really showing signs of progress in year 3. His numbers were up and he had more responsibility. The wheels completely fell off the last 3 games but before that it is hard to argue he hadnt improved. Take last year and the last quarter of the year before away and start from there. If he can just somehow and us too, forget about last season maybe he can be decent this year.

For the sake of Geno or any other young Qb on this team its best that Sanchez picks it up and starts this year. We have a tough schedule to open and who knows what the offensive produce will look like. There are tons of question marks. If Sanchez stumbles and the team plays poorly no one will be surprised and Sanchez will have taken the bullet.

Geno is not Nfl ready and only damage can be done if he starts in my opinion. Then in 2 or 3 years we are in the same situation.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder how many posts there were last offseason at Seahawkfans.com from sharks and hawk31 types about how Russell wasn't ready and that they needed to go with Flynn because he gave the Hawks the best chance to win

my guess, in the hundreds

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jets31 View Post
    You know sanchez was really showing signs of progress in year 3. His numbers were up and he had more responsibility. The wheels completely fell off the last 3 games but before that it is hard to argue he hadnt improved. Take last year and the last quarter of the year before away and start from there. If he can just somehow and us too, forget about last season maybe he can be decent this year.

For the sake of Geno or any other young Qb on this team its best that Sanchez picks it up and starts this year. We have a tough schedule to open and who knows what the offensive produce will look like. There are tons of question marks. If Sanchez stumbles and the team plays poorly no one will be surprised and Sanchez will have taken the bullet.

Geno is not Nfl ready and only damage can be done if he starts in my opinion. Then in 2 or 3 years we are in the same situation.
    WTF is all this "Geno isn't NFL ready" garbage I keep seeing everyone posting, he was graded as a top ten talent in the draft course he's NFL ready, it's sink or swim time and a chance to prove his critics wrong after his draft slide.

How the fvck do you come to that conclusion from a few OTA's and mini camp? Training camp is the true evaluation on whether he is ready or not.

Entrusting a QB who has turned the ball over 50+ times in two years as our saviour and only chance of victory makes me want to reach for the razor.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I wonder how many posts there were last offseason at Seahawkfans.com from sharks and hawk31 types about how Russell wasn't ready and that they needed to go with Flynn because he gave the Hawks the best chance to win

my guess, in the hundreds
    This is probably true and thats for Training camp is for. But based on his college play and style of offense they ran and early indications in mini camp I would say Geno is not ready yet.

We will see. Im not saying Geno couldnt come in mid season and take over, I just dont see him starting day 1.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    WTF is all this "Geno isn't NFL ready" garbage I keep seeing everyone posting, he was graded as a top ten talent in the draft course he's NFL ready, it's sink or swim time and a chance to prove his critics wrong after his draft slide.

How the fvck do you come to that conclusion from a few OTA's and mini camp? Training camp is the true evaluation on whether he is ready or not.

Entrusting a QB who has turned the ball over 50+ times in two years as our saviour and only chance of victory makes me want to reach for the razor.
    Just because he may have been rated that high doesnt mean he is ready to start day one. Many guys need time to develop especially at QB. Perhaps if Sanchez had time to sit we might not be having this conversation.

Throwing him out there may do more damage then good. He didnt run a pro style offense in college. He has a lot to learn.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jets31 View Post
    Just because he may have been rated that high doesnt mean he is ready to start day one. Many guys need time to develop especially at QB. Perhaps if Sanchez had time to sit we might not be having this conversation.

Throwing him out there may do more damage then good. He didnt run a pro style offense in college. He has a lot to learn.
    I understand your point about sitting like Rodgers did etc, but to claim Geno is not NFL ready is a bold statement that not even the coaching staff have determined at this point.

He may of may not be ready, point is we should be rooting for him as he offers an opportunity for an increased level of play at the position.

I sometimes get the impression that people are quick to write off Geno as they have an ulterior motive as a Sanchez homer to give him one last roll of the dice.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez is going to get booed vociferously WHEN he takes the field as the Jets QB(aka Sacrificial Lamb to the slaughter).

Somehow I don't think the Jets will throw Geno out there unless the Jets were out of the playoff-hunt OR Mark is so terrible(which isn't a stretch) that they HAVE TO throw Geno out there to restore morale.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    I understand your point about sitting like Rodgers did etc, but to claim Geno is not NFL ready is a bold statement that not even the coaching staff have determined at this point.

He may of may not be ready, point is we should be rooting for him as he offers an opportunity for an increased level of play at the position.

I sometimes get the impression that people are quick to write off Geno as they have an ulterior motive as a Sanchez homer to give him one last roll of the dice.
    Im not writing him off Im just saying based on early indications and what we already know. Im rooting for the JETS so whoever is there I want them to do well.

Truth be told I wasnt a fan of Geno when we drafted him. I wanted nothing to do with him. But he is definitely worth the risk for the value we got him at. And now that he is a Jet I want him to do well. It just took me a few days. lol