Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Sanchez as our Starter...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    David was brought in because they had every intention of cutting Mark. The JETS using him or not have already eaten that cash. He is not coming back next year and has 0 value in trade. I still say there is only a 10% chance he is still on this team come week one much less the starter. They are not going to start him because they are paying him. The fact that they can get more people to watch them if he doesnt play is a big factor in this. Your telling me they will be willing to loose even more money paying for anther GMs bad management? Dont by it one second. This team was a joke last year because he isnt an NFL QB. If on final cut day someone like Carr or Orton can be had for league min your little pretty boy is gone. Not a doubt in my mind.
    I disagree with all of that, but hey, no hard feelings, we just differ in our thought process.

I never for a millisecond thought Mark would/will be cut.

I DO think they will start him for a few different reasons, 1 of which is that he is making MEGA bucks this year.

I dont think Idzik is bearing much responsibility for this years teams success or lack there of. His team will officially be fielded in 2014, when Sanchez & Homes HORRENDOUS contracts are off the books.

In the end, its not about being right or wrong, its about winning, and im ready for some of that ASAP.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    I disagree with all of that, but hey, no hard feelings, we just differ in our thought process.

I never for a millisecond thought Mark would/will be cut.

I DO think they will start him for a few different reasons, 1 of which is that he is making MEGA bucks this year.

I dont think Idzik is bearing much responsibility for this years teams success or lack there of. His team will officially be fielded in 2014, when Sanchez & Homes HORRENDOUS contracts are off the books.

In the end, its not about being right or wrong, its about winning, and im ready for some of that ASAP.
    If Idzick lets him start week one I am on board the fire Idzick bus early. No GM in his right mind would let him start IMO. Again I have no doubt in my mind we have already seen the last of Mark.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Idzick lets him start week one I am on board the fire Idzick bus early. No GM in his right mind would let him start IMO. Again I have no doubt in my mind we have already seen the last of Mark.
    Let me get this straight you would be ready and willing to fire the GM if the HC and OC and the rest of the staff with well over 50 years NFL coaching experience between them decided that a rookie in Smith is not quite ready to be the starting QB of the Jets!!

Your kidding with thinking like this right!!

Good Grief!!!
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 07-04-2013 at 11:07 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Why would you fire Idzik?

He will have nothing to do with who starts, its the HC and coaching staff who make those decisions.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Let me get this straight you would be ready and willing to fire the GM if the HC and OC and the rest of the staff with well over 50 years NFL coaching experience between them decided that a rookie in Smith is not quite ready to be the starting QB of the Jets!!

Your kidding with thinking like this right!!

Good Grief!!!
    He had time to bring in better options and cut Sanchez. Picks 2 guys to take over for a QB nobody even the coaching staff thinks can be a pro QB. If neither are a better option then a guy that wouldnt be a 3rd stringer on most team then he is a ****ty GM. Has nothing to do with the coaching at that point. He knew QB was our biggest weakness and he made moves. If those moves fail he failed to do his job. Cant blame the coaches when the GM cant give them a viable option. His primary job this off season was to FIND a starting QB. If Sanchez starts it is because Idzick failed to do his job. 0 chance of Sanchez starting so it is a moot point IMO.
    Last edited by Dreamers; 07-04-2013 at 11:52 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who is this Idzick guy?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    He had time to bring in better options and cut Sanchez. Picks 2 guys to take over for a QB nobody even the coaching staff thinks can be a pro QB. If neither are a better option then a guy that wouldnt be a 3rd stringer on most team then he is a ****ty GM. Has nothing to do with the coaching at that point. He knew QB was our biggest weakness and he made moves. If those moves fail he failed to do his job. Cant blame the coaches when the GM cant give them a viable option. His primary job this off season was to FIND a starting QB. If Sanchez starts it is because Idzick failed to do his job. 0 chance of Sanchez starting so it is a moot point IMO.
    It's a little early to start bashing the GM six months into the job, Idzik would of got killed if he had took the cap hit on Sanchez, No GM is cuttin bate with a 5 year pro on his salary and at his age with no nailed on viable replacement.

I to am ready to move on from Sanchez and am fully on the start Geno bandwagon, he did address the QB situation taking the best QB in the draft who was a nailed on 1st round talent.

It has worked for the Seahawks havin an early round pick square off with a vet, why can't we be more optimistic and believe Geno is the answer?

Who did you want Idzik to get? Palmer, Alex Smith, trade for Flynn, they are all garbage, I would much rather try and find our QB in the draft as we did.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    It's a little early to start bashing the GM six months into the job, Idzik would of got killed if he had took the cap hit on Sanchez, No GM is cuttin bate with a 5 year pro on his salary and at his age with no nailed on viable replacement.

I to am ready to move on from Sanchez and am fully on the start Geno bandwagon, he did address the QB situation taking the best QB in the draft who was a nailed on 1st round talent.

It has worked for the Seahawks havin an early round pick square off with a vet, why can't we be more optimistic and believe Geno is the answer?

Who did you want Idzik to get? Palmer, Alex Smith, trade for Flynn, they are all garbage, I would much rather try and find our QB in the draft as we did.
    Just wondering, but why do people credit Idzik with the Wilson pick? Last I knew, he wasn't their GM. How much was he involved in their draft?

Anyway, I like Idzik's first draft on paper (since it's too early to know for sure). Idk if Geno beats Mark out in camp, but I believe that scenario will have everything to do with Geno being a young guy having to catch up to the nfl and learn an offense that the incumbent already has experience in. It certainly won't have to do with talent or decision-making.

Oh, and Idzik already had a replacement for Intchez: Garrard. Scoff if you want, but Garrard is statistically better than Mark and would be our starter had he not been made of glass.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Just wondering, but why do people credit Idzik with the Wilson pick? Last I knew, he wasn't their GM. How much was he involved in their draft?

Anyway, I like Idzik's first draft on paper (since it's too early to know for sure). Idk if Geno beats Mark out in camp, but I believe that scenario will have everything to do with Geno being a young guy having to catch up to the nfl and learn an offense that the incumbent already has experience in. It certainly won't have to do with talent or decision-making.

Oh, and Idzik already had a replacement for Intchez: Garrard. Scoff if you want, but Garrard is statistically better than Mark and would be our starter had he not been made of glass.
    I'm not giving Idzik any credit whatsoever for the Wilson pick if that's how it came across in my last post, he probably had a minimal say and Schneider should get the credit as he is the GM.

I'm just sayin that the philosophy could work for us, he brought in a talented rook to face off with a vet and it could yield a franchise QB at the end of the day.

If anything I hope Idzik's philosophy works, If Tanny had listened to Bradway Wilson would probably be a jet now, I get the impression everyone has a valued say and the Geno pick was a collaborative decision.

I think he has addressed the position as best he could, to say he hasent is a little unfair IMO.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

I never said he didn't or that he should be fire. I am saying IF Sanchez starts. Cutting Sanchez was the obvious move from day one. He wants to wait till next year to take the hit OK but dont give me this he plans to play him crap. That is a long shot IMO. I still do not believe he makes the team much less starts. Some people are just being stupid thinking he will get anther shot. I could care less who he gets. The team need nothing more then to move on from Mark. Pick any league min QB it doesnt matter. You have seen this guy quite on the field a few years in a row now while the team was still in a PO hunt. NO viable GM is going to let a guy like that on the field. Some of you cant possibly believe Idzik would put his ass out there like that. It would be the stupidest move possible. I just dont believe for one second starting him is even on the table. If it is then he truely is already a failure at GM. That is pretty easy IMO.
    Last edited by Dreamers; 07-05-2013 at 11:39 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    You will be disappointed. Sanchez will be the starter, you can book it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Long Suffering Jets Fan View Post
    You will be disappointed. Sanchez will be the starter, you can book it.
    ya he may if Rex decides to give Gino a few games to start on the bench.. Let Sanchez say his final goodbyes and to give his die hard believes one more string of games before they are made of fools again.. First few games are tough, mark plays bad against good teams.. Gino will be starter by week 5 or 6, you can book it..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    ya he may if Rex decides to give Gino a few games to start on the bench.. Let Sanchez say his final goodbyes and to give his die hard believes one more string of games before they are made of fools again.. First few games are tough, mark plays bad against good teams.. Gino will be starter by week 5 or 6, you can book it..
    I just dont even see any possible outcome that leads to Mark as the starter this year. This is basically Matt Lienart in Zona the year they dropped him. No one expects him to win the job but yeh the rest of the QBs arent sure things either. Matt looked better then DA by all accounts that year may I add. How did he get rewarded? He was cut so Skelton could make the team.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully Sanchez cuts his hair before he leaves the Jets. I don't believe a word he says as long as he has that 4th grade girl headband on.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't find the answer to this question, certainly NOT in that rotgut garbage Cimini wrote about Buttfumble winning the job (based apparently on nothing more than what Mark Brunell told him)

Did he invite Smith to his dopey Jets West camp?

Or is he such a terrific team player that he's decided to shut Smith out of this thing.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I can't find the answer to this question, certainly NOT in that rotgut garbage Cimini wrote about Buttfumble winning the job (based apparently on nothing more than what Mark Brunell told him)

Did he invite Smith to his dopey Jets West camp?

Or is he such a terrific team player that he's decided to shut Smith out of this thing.
    Last I knew, Sanchez hadn't invited him. Geno was also visiting family in another city yesterday, so I guess his invite from Nacho got intercepted.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    One off season, before his first full season as the team's GM is enough time? Fire Idzik after 5 months? This fan base gets worse and worse!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    One off season, before his first full season as the team's GM is enough time? Fire Idzik after 5 months? This fan base gets worse and worse!!
    I agree. Izzy has done a fine job so far. Anyone wanting his head on a silver platter already is a FOOL.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I agree. Izzy has done a fine job so far. Anyone wanting his head on a silver platter already is a FOOL.
    I never asked for his head. I said IF. Huge difference and it is a long shot to happen. IF he failed at his only real goal this off season I dont know what else to say.