Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 81

Thread: back from doctor; no cancer

  1. #21
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    35,748
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great news, dude.

    Sorry to hear that your suspicion wasn't based on you performing an inordinate amount of cunnilingus on beautiful females. But still, good for you!

    #michaeldouglas

  2. #22
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    30,991
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL @ Jetworks avatar

  3. #23
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    35,748
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    LOL @ Jetworks avatar
    +1

    Just noticed that. Stellar!

  4. #24
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol @ Jetworks' avatar. Very fitting for this thread, lol.

  5. #25
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,565
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I had done the testicular check and had found the dreaded lump. So, I go to the docs expecting the worst and he informs me that the lump is actually on the epididymis and movable, so it's very unlikely to be TC. I was having other symptoms that he believes to be the result of thyroid inflammation.
    Probably a result of blue balls. You should take care of that.

    Seriously. Glad you are OK.

  6. #26
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    928
    Post Thanks / Like
    Life is precious and often we take it for granted. Then you get little scares like this and it reminds you how precious it really is.
    I know this for sure having just gone thru a quad by-pass a month ago myself.
    Glad you are well and healthy and not having to face that trial.

  7. #27
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,482
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I had done the testicular check and had found the dreaded lump. So, I go to the docs expecting the worst and he informs me that the lump is actually on the epididymis and movable, so it's very unlikely to be TC. I was having other symptoms that he believes to be the result of thyroid inflammation.
    "Testicular check"

  8. #28
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,485
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Probably a result of blue balls. You should take care of that.

    Seriously. Glad you are OK.
    In all seriousness, i thought this condition was mythical. A fib men told women in order to get what they needed....ie; "oww baby, come on, youre BB me"

    Found out this weekend there is truth in the myth, and oww.

  9. #29
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Probably a result of blue balls. You should take care of that.

    Seriously. Glad you are OK.
    Haha, I had thought that at the time, but nothing seemed to really help. I would get this pressure in my junk that couldn't be solved with "release". That issue, for whatever reason, seems to have disappeared. It really is odd that I randomly got sick the way I did. The doctor told me the an issue with the thyroid, such as inflammation, can cause any number of issues to arise in the rest of your body (even the ones I was experiencing). All in all, the worst part was waiting and not knowing if something was wrong or if it was all in my head. Or, if something really is wrong and it wasn't caught soon enough. Talk about unwanted stress.

    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    "Testicular check"
    Haha, yeah. I'm actually not really a person who's into my messing around with my sperm producers, so I legitimately only discovered it once I had read up on the need to do such exams and checks. Then when I discovered the bump, I was like, "NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE".

    Thankfully, all seems to be well in testicle land as well as prostate land (yes, I had one of THOSE exams done, too...THE HORROR...the horror...).

    The exam itself was somewhat awkward, and I didn't help myself by automatically going into the "super hero" pose while the doctor was checking my fellas. Seriously, I looked like this the entire time.



    Not a very FUN experience, but my doctor at least was nice and made me feel comfortable (which is important to me when you're elbow deep in my rear).

  10. #30
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Oh I remember that. Primary doc sent me to uroligist THAT day. I was sweating bullets.

    Congrats.
    For you the lump was caused by the doc grabbing your nuts.


    It's called a hard on.

  11. #31
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,482
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post

    Haha, yeah. I'm actually not really a person who's into my messing around with my sperm producers, so I legitimately only discovered it once I had read up on the need to do such exams and checks.
    Good god! Have the woman do it. You reciprocate by offering free (soapy) breast exams.

    Just drop em in her hand while she's laying in bed. Works like a charm. Lol

  12. #32
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,709
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I had done the testicular check and had found the dreaded lump. So, I go to the docs expecting the worst and he informs me that the lump is actually on the epididymis and movable, so it's very unlikely to be TC. I was having other symptoms that he believes to be the result of thyroid inflammation.
    Glad to hear the good news. That had to be a tough thing to discover on your own.

    When they found my lump and I got a hold of the scans I was able to tell right away that it was cancer, so when I got the official diagnosis, it was less of a.....kick to the nuts.

    What's the deal with your thyroid, what kind of symptoms are you experiencing? If you want to keep it private, PM me. I've become something of an expert, unfortunately.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    LOL @ Jetworks avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    +1

    Just noticed that. Stellar!
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    lol @ Jetworks' avatar. Very fitting for this thread, lol.

  13. #33
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    What's the deal with your thyroid, what kind of symptoms are you experiencing? If you want to keep it private, PM me. I've become something of an expert, unfortunately.
    Well, I had gotten this feeling of a slight tightness in the front of my neck and had a rather sore feeling on the side of my throat. I went out of town with my mother to visit some family for a few weeks and it eventually went away. Then as soon as that went away, I was getting a pressure in my testicles and had urinary issues (weak stream, etc.). When I got home, however, those things immediately switched; I went to sleep and woke up with that same tightness and sore feeling.

    Currently, those symptoms are gone. The only pain I have with my neck is in the back which seems to be caused by popping my neck all the time. Aside from that, things seem to be aces. The doctor said one side of the thyroid seemed a bit larger then the other and believes it to be inflamed. I believe he also mentioned something about hyperthyroidism, too. Won't really know what the deal is with that until I go back to have it scanned next Monday.

  14. #34
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,517
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    For you the lump was caused by the doc grabbing your nuts.


    It's called a hard on.
    LMAO. I am spenidng way too much time here the past few days. But with posts like this a good laugh is worth it. Thank you. Well done.

    McGinley,

    All the best. Glad you are ok. Please monitor as cancer is no joke.

  15. #35
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,482
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets
    Please monitor as cancer is no joke.
    So. You're telling him to play with his balls more often?


  16. #36
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,709
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Well, I had gotten this feeling of a slight tightness in the front of my neck and had a rather sore feeling on the side of my throat. I went out of town with my mother to visit some family for a few weeks and it eventually went away. Then as soon as that went away, I was getting a pressure in my testicles and had urinary issues (weak stream, etc.). When I got home, however, those things immediately switched; I went to sleep and woke up with that same tightness and sore feeling.

    Currently, those symptoms are gone. The only pain I have with my neck is in the back which seems to be caused by popping my neck all the time. Aside from that, things seem to be aces. The doctor said one side of the thyroid seemed a bit larger then the other and believes it to be inflamed. I believe he also mentioned something about hyperthyroidism, too. Won't really know what the deal is with that until I go back to have it scanned next Monday.
    Hyperthyroidism and thyroiditis have many underlying causes. I hope the scans go well. Be sure to let us know. Again, awesome news about your nuts.

    Wow, that last part sounds all kinds of wrong.

  17. #37
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Hyperthyroidism and thyroiditis have many underlying causes. I hope the scans go well. Be sure to let us know. Again, awesome news about your nuts.

    Wow, that last part sounds all kinds of wrong.
    Yeah, true. TBH, googling things has made me a little nervous about a possible thyroid issue. When you see words like 'cancer', it kinda freaks you out. Still, looking over the notes the doctor made, he said my thyroid is slightly enlarged, so I'm guessing it's probably nothing too serious.

    Idk. My mood has suddenly shifted from "WOOHOO!" to "Uh oh..."

  18. #38
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,482
    Post Thanks / Like
    Murse Ratchworks...

    I sometimes get a charliehorse in my cremaster muscle post-orgasm.

    I need to stretch before, right?

  19. #39
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    30,991
    Post Thanks / Like
    Once again, everyone on JI knows where to go for medical advice....we all laugh, but it's true.

    Well, maybe not medical advice....a place to complain about medical conditions, fer shure....

  20. #40
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,709
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Yeah, true. TBH, googling things has made me a little nervous about a possible thyroid issue. When you see words like 'cancer', it kinda freaks you out. Still, looking over the notes the doctor made, he said my thyroid is slightly enlarged, so I'm guessing it's probably nothing too serious.

    Idk. My mood has suddenly shifted from "WOOHOO!" to "Uh oh..."
    Could be something as benign as a cyst or goiter, no need to freak out. Googling is fine if you understand how to sift through what you are finding. To me it sounds like you may not, so leave it alone until the tests.

    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Murse Ratchworks...

    I sometimes get a charliehorse in my cremaster muscle post-orgasm.

    I need to stretch before, right?
    That or remove the buttplug.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us