Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 81

Thread: back from doctor; no cancer

  1. #61
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,814
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    that's what I got dude (high five)

    hopefully yours goes away, because i wouldn't want to be a single guy with one of those.
    Lol, did we just start the ball cyst brotherhood?

  2. #62
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,266
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    He's got Spermatoceles

    seriously
    was he in "300"?

  3. #63
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    596
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im so glad to hear that.

    You may know that my 27 year old Son died of metastic melonoma on April 20th. Screening is important, as is diet.

    Please eat alot of anti oxidants, and also dont forget to put on sunscreen.

    My son beat stage 3A skin cancer in 2010, then stage 4, diagnosed in Jan. of this year took him from us.

    best of luck to you, and my prayers are with you.

  4. #64
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,814
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bing in Buffalo View Post
    Im so glad to hear that.

    You may know that my 27 year old Son died of metastic melonoma on April 20th. Screening is important, as is diet.

    Please eat alot of anti oxidants, and also dont forget to put on sunscreen.

    My son beat stage 3A skin cancer in 2010, then stage 4, diagnosed in Jan. of this year took him from us.

    best of luck to you, and my prayers are with you.
    I'm really sorry to hear that. It's awful when anyone passes, but to go that young is tragic. My condolences.

  5. #65
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,697
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Yeah, true. I've been going into full on hypochondriac mode, lol. Idk, but talking here really helps to vent and get everything off my chest. Thanks, mate.
    No problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    That voids Things manufacturer's warrantee...


    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    f*ck nursing school - med school awaits!
    Please, I'm getting this enough from my family already. Apparently they've missed the memo about me having to be in school until I'm 50 and up to my eyeballs in debt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    He's got Spermatoceles

    seriously
    We were talking about his thyroid, not his testes, yea 3-baller.

    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Just got the results of my bloodwork back. Doc says my blood count shows elevation of the red cells which could be due to dehydration or sleep apnea. The sed rate is normal, but the TSH thyroid test shows a slightly low thyroid level. Doctor believes I had thyroiditis a few weeks ago and it is now resolving. No treatment needed at this time, but he urges me to do a follow up with my primary to recheck blood work and go over other concerns (which I'm doing so in August, anyway).

    Looks like everything is good to go. #PaidMyDues
    Weird that you have a normal ESR (sed rate) yet elevated RBC in the face of what the doctor believes to be an inflammatory condition (thyroiditis) as ESR tends to rise during periods of inflammation. When the next round of bloodwork comes in August, have your T3 and T4 levels tested along with the TSH. That will give you a clearer picture on overall thyroid function. Couldn't hurt to go for a sonogram of your neck, too. Hypothyroidism tends to result in anemia, not increased RBCs, so make sure they do another CBC as well.

    As you can imagine, I'm a bit of a thyroid worry-wart now, so take the advice in that vein.

  6. #66
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    16,710
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    was he in "300"?
    yes.


    he's the one that looked like a giant, cancerous testagle:




  7. #67
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,814
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    No problem.







    Please, I'm getting this enough from my family already. Apparently they've missed the memo about me having to be in school until I'm 50 and up to my eyeballs in debt.



    We were talking about his thyroid, not his testes, yea 3-baller.



    Weird that you have a normal ESR (sed rate) yet elevated RBC in the face of what the doctor believes to be an inflammatory condition (thyroiditis) as ESR tends to rise during periods of inflammation. When the next round of bloodwork comes in August, have your T3 and T4 levels tested along with the TSH. That will give you a clearer picture on overall thyroid function. Couldn't hurt to go for a sonogram of your neck, too. Hypothyroidism tends to result in anemia, not increased RBCs, so make sure they do another CBC as well.

    As you can imagine, I'm a bit of a thyroid worry-wart now, so take the advice in that vein.
    They did something called the free T3 and free T4. T3 range was 3.8 and the T4 was 1.23. A "TSH reflex" thing said my level was 5.4. A "CBC with differential" had a bunch of different things that I don't even understand, but my levels compared to the standard ranges were either within standard range or slightly above.
    Last edited by McGinley; 06-25-2013 at 07:10 PM.

  8. #68
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,459
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Hanger.

    A place where we can talk about booze, b*tches and balls.


  9. #69
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,814
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    The Hanger.

    A place where we can talk about booze, b*tches and balls.

    And our feelings, Khan. Never forget our fee...wait...Khan?

    KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!


  10. #70
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,697
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    They did something called the free T3 and free T4. T3 range was 3.8 and the T4 was 1.23. A "TSH reflex" thing said my level was 5.4. A "CBC with differential" had a bunch of different things that I don't even understand, but my levels compared to the standard ranges were either within standard range or slightly above.
    Ok, good. Just stay on top of it, because this is the stuff most people don't check until it's too late. You're ahead of the game because you have already had the bell go off in your head. Good luck and keep us up to date.

  11. #71
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,459
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    And our feelings, Khan. Never forget our fee...wait...Khan?

    KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

    LMFAO.

    You know. I should switch my username to "KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN".

    That would be awesome and an abusive use of the letter A....

  12. #72
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,814
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Ok, good. Just stay on top of it, because this is the stuff most people don't check until it's too late. You're ahead of the game because you have already had the bell go off in your head. Good luck and keep us up to date.
    Yeah, this scare has really woken me up to how mortal we are. Regular check ups and exams are going to be my new normal going forward.

  13. #73
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,814
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just got back from having an ultrasound done on my thyroid. Should have the results by Wednesday.

  14. #74
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,814
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, that was quick. Got my results back: no masses found and everything seems to be ok. Doctor believes I had thyroiditis and it's going away.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

  15. #75
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,697
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Well, that was quick. Got my results back: no masses found and everything seems to be ok. Doctor believes I had thyroiditis and it's going away.

  16. #76
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,431
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Well, that was quick. Got my results back: no masses found and everything seems to be ok. Doctor believes I had thyroiditis and it's going away.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

    Woo hoo!


  17. #77
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,814
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Thanks, mate. You've actually been a big help in the "calm the hell down" department, lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Woo hoo!

    We miss you, Borgo. Leave a damn rose in memorium for da bess.

  18. #78
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Woo hoo!

    erica campbell, left soft porn biz after finding God.

  19. #79
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    6,947
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on having a pair of nuts.

  20. #80
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,814
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    erica campbell, left soft porn biz after finding God.
    She left in 2008, but IMDB says her latest adult work is in a 2011 release. LOL WUT.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us