Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34

Thread: Geno says he's already made giant leaps with system

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I have said before that the same folks who are championing for Geno to start, are some of the same folks who championed Sanchez starting despite all NFL scouts and observors saying he wasnt ready!!

    You guys will the first ones calling Geno all kinds of names should he not match your FF goals. You will be sending him rotten watermellons by years end. And your liar if you say otherwise that some wont do that...Those of you saying if only Sanchez were accurate say like Pennington are hypocrites of the highest order!!

    Some of you posting such nonsense were the very same ones who literaaly cheered when Chad was hurt at home.. Yes you cheered and were giddy with anticipation that your own QB was in such pain he had to literally crawl off the field...

    You guys who supported Sanchez used Sanchez' average play at QB which resulted in AFC championship appearences the first two years to justify the Jets doing what no one in the NFL said should be done which was to rush to start Sanchez, are insane!!

    Indeed some of these same folks now turning on Sanchez on threads like these when their delusions didn't work out and the Jets lack of a plan of course backfired!! These posters were back to being their true selves booing Sanchez at home before games actually during warm ups!! Now these same fans want to "give Geno a chance" What a joke!!

    As far as I am concerned the delusion continues... I hear posters say "Sanchez had a top running game and defense" ummm sooo....

    These thngs mean nothing if Sanchez waasnt ready to start to begin with it. get it....

    It is like having a guy who graduates top of his class from college and in three weeks someone says to him perform brain surgery next week.

    Think!!!!!!!!!!!

    It doesnt matter that the techs in the hospital are great or the nurses are fantastic or that the floors and instruments are clean... That guy cant perfom brain surgery, he is not READY!!!! That guy still needs training. Get it.... As did Sanchez. This isn't Monday morning QBing, as many on this board posted prior to Snachez being drafted that if the Jets wanted a player to start immedaitely then get draft Freeman....

    Finally having a good running game or defense is not the same thing as "grooming" your QB and the fact that so many don't understand this basic fact is frightening!!
    CB, you need to get over yourself. you are all over the map trying to protect Sanchez. It's quite frankly nonsense.

    First of all, the fans didn't make the decision to start Sanchez as a rookie. The HC did. If you have a problem with that, speak with Rex, the buck stops with him.

    I also happen to very much agree with starting Sanchez back in 2009. It was a good decision. Where were all those great prospects to rival Sanchez? There weren't any. Sanchez won the job for lack of a better option at that time.

    I also hope that Geno starts to begin the season because I want the team to be competitive. But that decision for us fans to make, once again the HC makes those decisions.

    So if you have problem with Geno starting (assuming he does) take it up with Rex rather than fans who post on a message board.

    And HTF do YOU know that anyone on this board cheered when Penny got hurt? I suppose possibly SAR did because he hated Penny, but he isn't visiting this board anymore?

    And, yes, if only somehow we could have combined the great qualities of both Penny (accuracy, leadership, ability to diagnose defenses) and Sanchez (strong arm, durability), we would have had a great QB.

    They BOTH have areas where they are lacking and therefore, when that is determined, it becomes time to move on. But once again that isn't decisions that fans make. The CS makes those decisions.

    The Jets ALWAYS had a plan for Sanchez. WTF are you coming up with this? The plan was to have him learn on the job, getting real live football play under his belt while the team relied on great defense and a strong running game.

    Sanchez had every weapon any young QB could have possibly wanted or desired in his first two seasons. After his first two seasons, it was time for Sanchez to come into his own just a little bit, even the slightest little bit.

    He failed, pure and simple. There wasn't even the simplest little objective that he was able to achieve. The results on the field speak for themselves.

    And if your idea for Sanchez is to be patient and wait, you'll be very lonely in that chair. The NFL is about results. It isn't practical in the world of business to wait 10 seasons and hope your QB can become even average. That's absurd and NO team will ever do what you are suggesting. If Sanchez hasn't gotten it by now, he's NEVER going to.

    THINK!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Mainejet; 06-25-2013 at 07:53 PM.

  2. #22
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,219
    seriously Charlie

    If you haven't noticed Marky was the 36th ranked starting QB in the NFL last season out of 32. If you think that such crappy performance deserves another year just because our former GM pissed away a bunch of money giving him a guaranteed contract, I disagree.

    Our new GM drafted HIS quarterback in the second round. Time for him to start and the Turnover Machine to SIT

  3. #23
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    CB, you need to get over yourself. you are all over the map trying to protect Sanchez. It's quite frankly nonsense.

    First of all, the fans didn't make the decision to start Sanchez as a rookie. The HC did. If you have a problem with that, speak with Rex, the buck stops with him.

    I also happen to very much agree with starting Sanchez back in 2009. It was a good decision. Where were all those great prospects to rival Sanchez? There weren't any. Sanchez won the job for lack of a better option at that time.

    I also hope that Geno starts to begin the season because I want the team to be competitive. But that decision for us fans to make, once again the HC makes those decisions.

    So if you have problem with Geno starting (assuming he does) take it up with Rex rather than fans who post on a message board.

    And HTF do YOU know that anyone on this board cheered when Penny got hurt? I suppose possibly SAR did because he hated Penny, but he isn't visiting this board anymore?

    And, yes, if only somehow we could have combined the great qualities of both Penny (accuracy, leadership, ability to diagnose defenses) and Sanchez (strong arm, durability), we would have had a great QB.

    They BOTH have areas where they are lacking and therefore, when that is determined, it becomes time to move on. But once again that isn't decisions that fans make. The CS makes those decisions.

    The Jets ALWAYS had a plan for Sanchez. WTF are you coming up with this? The plan was to have him learn on the job, getting real live football play under his belt while the team relied on great defense and a strong running game.

    Sanchez had every weapon any young QB could have possibly wanted or desired in his first two seasons. After his first two seasons, it was time for Sanchez to come into his own just a little bit, even the slightest little bit.

    He failed, pure and simple. There wasn't even the simplest little objective that he was able to achieve. The results on the field speak for themselves.

    And if your idea for Sanchez is to be patient and wait, you'll be very lonely in that chair. The NFL is about results. It isn't practical in the world of business to wait 10 seasons and hope your QB can become even average. That's absurd and NO team will ever do what you are suggesting. If Sanchez hasn't gotten it by now, he's NEVER going to.

    THINK!!!!!!!!!
    Ok so you agree with what the Jets did......I dont and dont like the results we got the last two years. And yes I am saying that I hope that the Jets dont do to Geno what they did with Sanchez because again it didnt work.. Indeed as Einstein said and who is frequently quoted "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

    Well for this Jets fan of over 40 plus years I want the Jets to try and do something different for a change because I am tired of the insanity!!! I believe for the first time in a long time that our FO and offensive staff truly know what they are doing. So if they pick Geno over Sanchez I will be all for it!! I will root for him to succeed and you can bet that I wont be starting threads hoping that he fails!!

    Second I told you before on this issue in NUMEROUS POSTS I am not protecting Sanchez I have been consistently tough on the previous front office that is all. I have said Sanchez sucked last year and said it again and again. But no I will not mock him, lie about him say he is not working hard when he is or any other such foolishness. You want to do that fine but dont be mad cause I wont join in.

    Third you think that the Jets moves they made regarding the offense were good I dont and gave reasons for why I feel this way. For example, you think Plex and company were good acquistions as regarding WRs I dont!!!!

    Fourth concerning the booing of Chad....POSTERS on this board said they booed him when he got hurt not me....Posters out here admitted they booed Chad and said they were now embarrased by their acts... also there was video attached with it. You want to doubt you bother looking up the threads!!!

    Finally I stand behind what I say and said again the Jets should have traded Sanchez after his second year based on what I saw the Jets doing on offense... ARE YOU LISTENING.... I SAID THAT THE JETS SHOULD TRADE SANCHEZ!!!

    How in the world if I was saying that the Jets should trade Sanchez could I be a Sanchez apologist?


    Oh and I for one do hold Rex responsible for what happened under his negligence... A HC who admits that he lost control of the team shouldnt be a HC for long. yet I am in the camp that believes Rex should get one more chance but I also dont excuse Rex and his obvious incompetence in the area of the offense.

    I am just being fair and saying that Sanchez sucked last year but that he wasnt the only reason why the Jets performed poorly on offfense. He wasnt... I can only assume by your constant attacks towards me that, for you, Sanchez alone must bare the problems on offense that is your right.

    I just disagree with your position that is all.
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 06-25-2013 at 08:36 PM.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Ok so you agree with what the Jets did......I dont and dont like the results we got the last two years. And yes I am saying that I hope that the Jets dont do to Geno what they did with Sanchez because again it didnt work.. Indeed as Einstein said and who is frequently quoted "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

    Well for this Jets fan of over 40 plus years I want the Jets to try and do something different for a change because I am tired of the insanity!!! I believe for the first time in a long time that our FO and offensive staff truly know what they are doing. So if they pick Geno over Sanchez I will be all for it!! I will root for him to succeed and you can bet that I wont be starting threads hoping that he fails!!

    Second I told you before on this issue in NUMEROUS POSTS I am not protecting Sanchez I have been consistently tough on the previous front office that is all. I have said Sanchez sucked last year and said it again and again. But no I will not mock him, lie about him say he is not working hard when he is or any other such foolishness. You want to do that fine but dont be mad cause I wont join in.

    Third you think that the Jets moves they made regarding the offense were good I dont and gave reasons for why I feel this way. For example, you think Plex and company were good acquistions as regarding WRs I dont!!!!

    Fourth concerning the booing of Chad....POSTERS on this board said they booed him when he got hurt not me....Posters out here admitted they booed Chad and said they were now embarrased by their acts... also there was video attached with it. You want to doubt you bother looking up the threads!!!

    Finally I stand behind what I say and said again the Jets should have traded Sanchez after his second year based on what I saw the Jets doing on offense... ARE YOU LISTENING.... I SAID THAT THE JETS SHOULD TRADE SANCHEZ!!!

    How in the world if I was saying that the Jets should trade Sanchez could I be a Sanchez apologist?


    Oh and I for one do hold Rex responsible for what happened under his negligence... A HC who admits that he lost control of the team shouldnt be a HC for long. yet I am in the camp that believes Rex should get one more chance but I also dont excuse Rex and his obvious incompetence in the area of the offense.

    I am just being fair and saying that Sanchez sucked last year but that he wasnt the only reason why the Jets performed poorly on offfense. He wasnt... I can only assume by your constant attacks towards me that, for you, Sanchez alone must bare the problems on offense that is your right.

    I just disagree with your position that is all.
    Einstein's quote ONLY refers to doing the same thing with the same PERSON. Geno Smith is NOT Mark Sanchez. Two different QB's with different ages and abilities that didn't even play at the same school. So referring to Einstein's theory on insanity is absurd and completely IRRELEVANT.

    If you think Geno Smith should sit and learn, then that is your opinion and nothing more. So stop trying to make it sound like the Jets CS is stupid, when in fact YOU are the one that cannot fully understand Einstein's theory on insanity and cannot correctly apply it.

    And for you to say that you think the Jets should have traded Sanchez after year 2, shows me that you have very little understanding of how NFL contracts work.

    Sanchez was drafted and signed before the new CBA introduced the rookie wage scale. Sanchez was signed for fort knox money. Trading him was simply not feasible. So stop crying about spilled milk.

    Besides, it's simply an absurd suggestion to make. For all of the criticism that I have had for Sanchez since day one, even I would not have suggested something so ridiculous. He just came off his second consecutive AFC Championship game. You don't get rid of a guy when the results are so very obvious, even if you think he didn't make many contributions toward it.

    Do I think the Jets roster started to spiral downward rather quickly after the 2010 season? Yes, I do. But you don't blame Rex Ryan for those things. Blame the guy that was responsible for keeping the team talented. That job fell on Mike Tannenbaum. Rex can only coach what he is given. He didn't have any talent on the Jets offense. But once again that isn't his fault. He did his best with what he was given.

    And as for Sanchez in years 3 and 4? If the CS had seen even the slightest little reason to be optimistic with Sanchez's development we wouldn't be sitting where we are today with a highly drafted rookie QB on the team.

    Talent or no talent on the team, Sanchez should have at least known better than to give the ball up 52 times over the past two seasons. I'm sorry you cannot blame the lack of talent on the team for all of Sanchez's miscues.

    Sanchez earned that all by his lonesome.

    And if you really think RR should be gone then fine. But maybe you'd prefer to go back to the days of Herm Edwards roaming the sidelines?

    Firing the current HC because he messes up is not always the best solution. Sometimes the current HC, for all of his weaknesses, is still the best HC you can have. RR is the most successful HC this team has had since SB III.

    So, yes he DOES deserve to continue as the teams HC.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I have said before that the same folks who are championing for Geno to start, are some of the same folks who championed Sanchez starting despite all NFL scouts and observors saying he wasnt ready!!

    You guys will the first ones calling Geno all kinds of names should he not match your FF goals. You will be sending him rotten watermellons by years end. And your liar if you say otherwise that some wont do that...Those of you saying if only Sanchez were accurate say like Pennington are hypocrites of the highest order!!

    Some of you posting such nonsense were the very same ones who literaaly cheered when Chad was hurt at home.. Yes you cheered and were giddy with anticipation that your own QB was in such pain he had to literally crawl off the field...

    You guys who supported Sanchez used Sanchez' average play at QB which resulted in AFC championship appearences the first two years to justify the Jets doing what no one in the NFL said should be done which was to rush to start Sanchez, are insane!!

    Indeed some of these same folks now turning on Sanchez on threads like these when their delusions didn't work out and the Jets lack of a plan of course backfired!! These posters were back to being their true selves booing Sanchez at home before games actually during warm ups!! Now these same fans want to "give Geno a chance" What a joke!!

    As far as I am concerned the delusion continues... I hear posters say "Sanchez had a top running game and defense" ummm sooo....

    These thngs mean nothing if Sanchez waasnt ready to start to begin with it. get it....

    It is like having a guy who graduates top of his class from college and in three weeks someone says to him perform brain surgery next week.

    Think!!!!!!!!!!!

    It doesnt matter that the techs in the hospital are great or the nurses are fantastic or that the floors and instruments are clean... That guy cant perfom brain surgery, he is not READY!!!! That guy still needs training. Get it.... As did Sanchez. This isn't Monday morning QBing, as many on this board posted prior to Snachez being drafted that if the Jets wanted a player to start immedaitely then get draft Freeman....

    Finally having a good running game or defense is not the same thing as "grooming" your QB and the fact that so many don't understand this basic fact is frightening!!
    Ha huge Sanchez apologists. Ya mark may not have been ready but id say he did pretty decent in his 1st two years.. May not have been learned on much which was smart and back to back AFCCG appearance is proof enough mark with best running game/ great D worked.. He did not get better, he got worse.. It happens with qbs.. You guys need to accept the fact he stinks, sanchezizers are getting to be more annoying than tebowites.. Sanchez is gone in 14, accept reality.. No one is going to be sending geno water melons, he deserves 3 years at least to show something, mark got 4..
    Last edited by Cleansweep2013; 06-26-2013 at 01:51 AM.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Posting this is going to hurt Sanchez's confidence.
    You're hurting the team
    LoL...Classic...Now get out there and get in that video with Sanchez and the *****es, Geno

  7. #27
    Idk. Maybe Nacho is just proving how hard of a worker he is. The guy is clearly working his ass off in that video.

  8. #28
    I have more faith in Geno than I ever had in Sanchez. Granted I was convinced as soon as Sanchez declared he was going pro that was doomed to fail, but Geno's actually had to carry a team and had to face adversity in ways Sanchez never had to do at USC. Geno's got the talent to play. It's on the Jets to make sure he actually gets a chance to reach his potential.

  9. #29
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    8,302
    The good thing is we have someone with a proven track record regarding QB development in Marty Morninwig now in charge of the offense. This makes me confident that Geno will be brought in when he has the best chance to succeed.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    The good thing is we have someone with a proven track record regarding QB development in Marty Morninwig now in charge of the offense. This makes me confident that Geno will be brought in when he has the best chance to succeed.
    Completely agree

  11. #31
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,219
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    The good thing is we have someone with a proven track record regarding QB development in Marty Morninwig now in charge of the offense. This makes me confident that Geno will be brought in when he has the best chance to succeed.
    +2

    that and Smith being 1) Idzik's choice and 2) a better QB than Butty

  12. #32
    But but it's not fair to marky there is no question geno will start this yr. maybe not game 1, could be by game 5. Izdik is going to dump mark after this yr he absolutely has no future here now that tanny is gone. Geno is izdik guy, and will allow him a chance to start for next 2 years atleast before he is evaluated as possible franchise qb or not.. Geno will not be made to wait so marky boy can somehow show he can be a #2 or starter on worst possible team for somebody next yr.. Rex and Marty both want geno in there ASAP. Geno will learn best on the go, not by being on bench watching a scrub play.. If jets don't have a great record after this yr, having geno as starter maybe only thing that saves Rex.. If geno shows improvement as season goes on izdik would be a fool to make a change and mess up what kind of system kid is getting use to. If Marty is real deal and pairs up nicely with O and geno, Rex stays HC so he can dominate coaching D taking pressure off geno. Izdik will want to test the Rex/Marty/geno combo ASAP. Marty is the key..

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    . You will be sending him rotten watermellons by years end. eek:

    Hmmm

  14. #34
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Ok so you agree with what the Jets did......I dont and dont like the results we got the last two years. And yes I am saying that I hope that the Jets dont do to Geno what they did with Sanchez because again it didnt work.. Indeed as Einstein said and who is frequently quoted "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

    Well for this Jets fan of over 40 plus years I want the Jets to try and do something different for a change because I am tired of the insanity!!! I believe for the first time in a long time that our FO and offensive staff truly know what they are doing. So if they pick Geno over Sanchez I will be all for it!! I will root for him to succeed and you can bet that I wont be starting threads hoping that he fails!!

    Second I told you before on this issue in NUMEROUS POSTS I am not protecting Sanchez I have been consistently tough on the previous front office that is all. I have said Sanchez sucked last year and said it again and again. But no I will not mock him, lie about him say he is not working hard when he is or any other such foolishness. You want to do that fine but dont be mad cause I wont join in.

    Third you think that the Jets moves they made regarding the offense were good I dont and gave reasons for why I feel this way. For example, you think Plex and company were good acquistions as regarding WRs I dont!!!!

    Fourth concerning the booing of Chad....POSTERS on this board said they booed him when he got hurt not me....Posters out here admitted they booed Chad and said they were now embarrased by their acts... also there was video attached with it. You want to doubt you bother looking up the threads!!!

    Finally I stand behind what I say and said again the Jets should have traded Sanchez after his second year based on what I saw the Jets doing on offense... ARE YOU LISTENING.... I SAID THAT THE JETS SHOULD TRADE SANCHEZ!!!

    How in the world if I was saying that the Jets should trade Sanchez could I be a Sanchez apologist?


    Oh and I for one do hold Rex responsible for what happened under his negligence... A HC who admits that he lost control of the team shouldnt be a HC for long. yet I am in the camp that believes Rex should get one more chance but I also dont excuse Rex and his obvious incompetence in the area of the offense.

    I am just being fair and saying that Sanchez sucked last year but that he wasnt the only reason why the Jets performed poorly on offfense. He wasnt... I can only assume by your constant attacks towards me that, for you, Sanchez alone must bare the problems on offense that is your right.

    I just disagree with your position that is all.
    None of this says that Sanchez is good enough to lead a NFL team any more.

    That those who used to root for Sanchez now want him nowhere near the starting QB spot doesn't make him a better option or tell anyone that Geno shouldn't start.

    Or anyone else. I know what Sanchez is, we all do. At his best he needs every other piece of the team to click because can't carry a team

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us