Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NE Recievers or Jets Receivers

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    WE will win 12 or 13 games and be division winners.

FIXED

Jets will win 3 games and be in contention for the #1 draft pick.

Who cares who receivers are better.
    good synopsis Joe

nice metamorphosis for a Tebow cult member like you

say hello to Demosthenes, renegade and JaxSuzy next time yall get together at Patsfans.com to discuss Timmy

Quote Originally Posted by PaPZ187 View Post
    +1 LOL

And the question was who has the better wide outs, not better passing game or which QB makes them better.... those are obvious answers.

It's real close if Gronk isn't healthy.... also depends on the health of Holmes and if Amendola can stay on the field. I like the Jets potential more with Kerley and Hill, but going into week one I say it's a toss up.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk
    Will anybody be surprised if we're still waiting for Holmes to suit up by week 4? Not me.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

NE will win 12 or 13 games and be division winners.

We will win 3 games and be in contention for the #1 draft pick.

And you'll still be a clueless SOJF who whines about everything and always sees the glass as half full.

At best.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 06-25-2013 at 12:05 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by ReincarnatedBob View Post
    Will anybody be surprised if we're still waiting for Holmes to suit up by week 4? Not me.
    Because?

No reason, just because.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Uh huh yeah 3 games.

Care to make a wager on that or do you just like to whine and complain?
    He's such a whiney baby....nothing positive

He's one of those Jets fans that likes to hate the team more, than root for them

One group having arguably top 5 QB who ever played the game and the most celebrated gay athlete of all time throwing them the ball. Not mentioning advance knowledge of all defensive calls.
    Another group has clueless, overpaid, shaky buttfumbler throwing the ball to them (or perhaps more correctly throwing the ball up for grabs).

Is it really matter which group is better "by itself"?
    Last edited by RussianGreen; 06-25-2013 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Because?

No reason, just because.
    Because it's a major injury and I have yet to read anything positive about his recovery. Or much at all either way tbh. If you have, please share.

NE will win 12 or 13 games and be division winners.

We will win 3 games and be in contention for the #1 draft pick.

3 games? Wow not with the defensive line we have. Idc who is QB, with the line no way we win less than 6 games bare minimum. I think 9-7 is completely attainable with added line depth on both sides and two new RBs.

Who knows if tone comes back healthy, hill gets a cure for his drops and Winslow works out we might even have an offense.

3 games is as much a pipe dream as winning 13 games. The number 1 pick is completely unattainable given our defense, rex calling the plays on defense and the fact rex is proving he is the right man for the job.

Jets Insider VIP
    And you'll still be a clueless SOJF who whines about everything and always sees the glass as half full.

At best.
    What I see as realistic you see as glass half full. Its ok to have different opinions. I accept you for who you are.

Jets Insider VIP
    Because it's a major injury and I have yet to read anything positive about his recovery. Or much at all either way tbh. If you have, please share.
    Question

Which permabanned troll has snuck back in using the ID "ReincarceratedBob"

All Pro
    If we're including TEs they're better by a mile.

If we're just talking WRs I think you can make an argument in our favor... I think a guy like Kerley would kill it with a real QB.

Assuming Gronk/Holmes, etc. are healthy.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

What I see as realistic you see as glass half full. Its ok to have different opinions. I accept you for who you are.
    Honestly, anyone who picks this team to win 3 games is clueless or just trying to sound like a whiner.

Not someone who is realistic.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Major injury? Other than Tone has pretty much described what any athlete says during a rehab when he's in the mundane portion of his rehab, what have you read?

Give us the prognosis. What did you hear the Drs. say? What does the average rehab schedule look like for this injury? Who has had it and what was their rehab like? Who came back and who couldn't? Is he going to play in pain or pain free? Who's career was changed forever by the injury?

You know, real stuff. Oh wait, you haven't gotten much either way but that lead you to believe that it's not going well and he will miss at least 4 weeks. Gotcha

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Major injury? Other than Tone has pretty much described what any athlete says during a rehab when he's in the mundane portion of his rehab, what have you read?

Give us the prognosis. What did you hear the Drs. say? What does the average rehab schedule look like for this injury? Who has had it and what was their rehab like? Who came back and who couldn't? Is he going to play in pain or pain free? Who's career was changed forever by the injury?

You know, real stuff. Oh wait, you haven't gotten much either way but that lead you to believe that it's not going well and he will miss at least 4 weeks. Gotcha
    Id like to phrase this delicately because i know of your passion level.
    Regarding Santonio Holmes, I respect your optimism, but could not disagree more concerning his value to the team.

I think he is a bad player, and on top of that a bad teammate, who is signed to a bad contract. Now, i know the contract part is not Santonio's doing, but you should understand why some fans find issue with him getting paid such a high price, and performing so little on the field. That distaste may not be fair, but it is natural, injury or not.

Anyhow, its perfectly fine to disagree on Holmes, but im curious, if he throws up another poor year would your stance on him being a legitimate #1 WR change? Im just curious how long you plan to defend him when his performance of the field has been not good the past 3 years?

All League
    I think the Pats made a great pick with Dobson the second round. Will be a really good WR one day

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Id like to phrase this delicately because i know of your passion level.
    Regarding Santonio Holmes, I respect your optimism, but could not disagree more concerning his value to the team.

I think he is a bad player, and on top of that a bad teammate, who is signed to a bad contract. Now, i know the contract part is not Santonio's doing, but you should understand why some fans find issue with him getting paid such a high price, and performing so little on the field. That distaste may not be fair, but it is natural, injury or not.

Anyhow, its perfectly fine to disagree on Holmes, but im curious, if he throws up another poor year would your stance on him being a legitimate #1 WR change? Im just curious how long you plan to defend him when his performance of the field has been not good the past 3 years?
    Well and good. I think the issue and mistake that fans make is to compare him to other ones based on yardage totals.

Holmes or any WR would never, ever compare to the leagues best based on those totals. Thats due to the QB, not Holmes. Its frustrating when fans can't see through the dollar figure of his contract. He will never get 1500 yards while playing on the side of a QB who barely tops 3000 yards. So when he comes close to 1000 it's not because he sucks. Nevermind without a legit #2 as a threat most of the time he faces constant doubles.

Funny, watching NFL Live or some other NFL update show and the panel is talkng about the Jets and their complaint was there aren't enough impact players behind Holmes, that he's a top wr but there is nothing else playing WR.

I watched a couple episodes of HKs and he's helping rookies get through camp. He downplays the rift between himself and Sanchez, while some say they don't get along, they vaca together. He goes to Sanchezs camp. He's helping Hill adjust. He backs Sanchez fans moan. Mangold backs Sanchez and fans say theyre friends. He blew up at the end of a game in Miami as the season was going to sh1t. SO? He thought that maybe if he was thrown to they might be in a better position to win? Or was he defending his QB who was arguing with the OL as some have insinuated? Either way who cares 2 years later....

Is he a top, elite WR? Nope. Is he a legit 1? Yes. Is he worth the money he was paid? Wasn't my call, I didn't offer him the money, wouldn't have, but he didn't hold out for the money, I don't ever disparage players for getting paid under those circumstances.

And the real point, he's better than anyone the Pats line up at WR.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 06-25-2013 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I stopped reading at Amandola>Holmes

no need to go any further attempting to find sanity
    Talent, no... Considering Holmes probably won't even be healthy to start the season, yes.

Do you think he's a bad player because he's a bad teammate/signed to a bad contract or do you actually think he's a bad player.
    Because, while I never really thought Holmes was a true #1 WR, I find it hard to call him a bad player. He has played his whole Jets career with Mark Sanchez, which truly depresses his numbers.

On a unrelated note, I'm starting to think Larry Fitzgerald's 2011 season with the Cardinals is one of the most amazing seasons by a WR ever, 1,400 yards with 2 terrible QBs is truly amazing.

Jets Insider VIP
    As long as Brady is QB, their receivers will always be > to ours.
    Last edited by RaoulDuke; 06-25-2013 at 02:56 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Double post
    Last edited by RaoulDuke; 06-25-2013 at 02:56 PM.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Well and good. I think the issue and mistake that fans make is to compare him to other ones based on yardage totals.

Holmes or any WR would never, ever compare to the leagues best based on those totals. Thats due to the QB, not Holmes. Its frustrating when fans can't see through the dollar figure of his contract. He will never get 1500 yards while playing on the side of a QB who barely tops 3000 yards. So when he comes close to 1000 it's not because he sucks. Nevermind without a legit #2 as a threat most of the time he faces constant doubles.

Funny, watching NFL Live or some other NFL update show and the panel is talkng about the Jets and their complaint was there aren't enough impact players behind Holmes, that he's a top wr but there is nothing else playing WR.

I watched a couple episodes of HKs and he's helping rookies get through camp. He downplays the rift between himself and Sanchez, while some say they don't get along, they vaca together. He goes to Sanchezs camp. He's helping Hill adjust. He backs Sanchez fans moan. Mangold backs Sanchez and fans say theyre friends. He blew up at the end of a game in Miami as the season was going to sh1t. SO? He thought that maybe if he was thrown to they might be in a better position to win? Or was he defending his QB who was arguing with the OL as some have insinuated? Either way who cares 2 years later....

Is he a top, elite WR? Nope. Is he a legit 1? Yes. Is he worth the money he was paid? Wasn't my call, I didn't offer him the money, wouldn't have, but he didn't hold out for the money, I don't ever disparage players for getting paid under those circumstances.

And the real point, he's better than anyone the Pats line up at WR.
    Very well put.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Talent, no... Considering Holmes probably won't even be healthy to start the season, yes.

Do you think he's a bad player because he's a bad teammate/signed to a bad contract or do you actually think he's a bad player.
    Because, while I never really thought Holmes was a true #1 WR, I find it hard to call him a bad player. He has played his whole Jets career with Mark Sanchez, which truly depresses his numbers.

On a unrelated note, I'm starting to think Larry Fitzgerald's 2011 season with the Cardinals is one of the most amazing seasons by a WR ever, 1,400 yards with 2 terrible QBs is truly amazing.
    Well, i certainly think he has talent, just not at his price tag, which again, is no fault of his own.

Personally, i think he should not be considered the #1 WR option on the team, but there is serious merit in the fact that he has Mark Sanchez throwing him the ball, which doesnt bode well for any WR. It makes it tough to judge Santonio in that sense.

FWIW, i think his attitude sucks.