Thread: Social Engineering and Redistribution of Wealth on the March

Social Engineering and Redistribution of Wealth on the March

Obama administration using housing department in effort to diversify neighborhoods

By Doug McKelway
    Published August 08, 2013
    FoxNews.com

In a move some claim is tantamount to social engineering, the Department of Housing and Urban Development is imposing a new rule that would allow the feds to track diversity in America’s neighborhoods and then push policies to change those it deems discriminatory.

The policy is called, "Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing." It will require HUD to gather data on segregation and discrimination in every single neighborhood and try to remedy it.

HUD Secretary Shaun Donovan unveiled the federal rule at the NAACP convention in July.

"Unfortunately, in too many of our hardest hit communities, no matter how hard a child or her parents work, the life chances of that child, even her lifespan, is determined by the zip code she grows up in. This is simply wrong,” he said.

Data from this discrimination database would be used with zoning laws, housing finance policy, infrastructure planning and transportation to alleviate alleged discrimination and segregation.

Daily politics news delivered to your inbox: sign up for our newsletter

Specifics of the proposed rule are lacking. Now published in the Federal Register and undergoing a 60-day comment period, the rule, "does not prescribe or enforce specific” policies.

But one critic says it smacks of utopian idealism.

"This is just the latest of a series of attempts by HUD to social engineer the American people," said Ed Pinto, of the American Enterprise Institute. "It started with public housing and urban renewal, which failed spectacularly back in the 50's and 60's. They tried it again in the 90's when they wanted to transform house finance, do away with down payments, and the result was millions of foreclosures and financial collapse.”

Some fear the rule will open the floodgates to lawsuits by HUD -- a weapon the department has already used in places like Westchester County, N.Y., where mayors and attorneys representing several towns, like Cortlandt, are writing HUD to protest burdensome fair housing mandates that go far beyond those agreed to in a 2009 settlement with HUD.

One letter written by Cortlandt town attorney Thomas Wood expresses a common dilemma.

"Cordlandt is mostly residential and has only a few vacant parcels that could be developed for commercial use," he writes. "In order to stabilize the tax base amongst the most affordable in Westchester County, the Town Board needs to encourage the development of commercial property for commercial use."

Rob Astorino, the Westchester County Executive, recently said, "What they are trying to do is to say discrimination and zoning is the same thing. They are not. Discrimination won't be tolerated. I won't tolerate it. Zoning though, protects what can and can't be built in a neighborhood."

Also troublesome to critics is that the HUD secretary, in announcing this proposed rule, blamed poverty on zip codes – rather than other socio-economic factors that studies have shown contribute to poverty.
    TLDR, if your neighborhood is too wealthy, too white, has too low a criem rate or is too successful, it will officially be declared as descriminatory, and the Feds will take two actions, 1. mandate you do things to relieve being the racist hateful pigs you are, and 2. Will take your tax revenue, and reallocate it to neighborhoods it says are victims (i.e. black/hispanic) and build them the stuff they want.

The Federal Juggernaut rolls on.

"no matter how hard a child or her parents work, the life chances of that child, even her lifespan, is determined by the zip code "

:eyeroll:
    Last edited by Churchill; 08-08-2013 at 01:17 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    So how does Shaun Dickhead Donovan explain people like Ben Carson and Clarence Thomas, who were born and lived in bad zip codes, but improved their "life chances"?

I mean besides the requisite "Uncle Tom" insult.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post

"no matter how hard a child or her parents work, the life chances of that child, even her lifespan, is determined by the zip code "

:eyeroll:
    LOL, I'll be sure to let my two developmentally challenged kids know just how good they have it that they live where they do. I mean, the life chances they have pouring through our door are overwhelming. And my daughter's probable lifespan!?!? Hoo-boy, people in my zip code better get ready for a windfall based on this initiative!

Plucking idiots in gubbmint, worse than ever.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

A black president riding the narrative that it's impossible for the black man to get ahead in this country.

This is what America's first post-racial president looks like.

Yay.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    A black president riding the narrative that it's impossible for the black man to get ahead in this country.

This is what America's first post-racial president looks like.

Yay.
    Sure but we still aren't sure of the zip code where he lived in Indonesia as a child that allowed him to have these great "life chances".

If you disagree with it there is still time to state why:

https://www.federalregister.gov/arti...g-fair-housing

Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    If you disagree with it there is still time to state why:

https://www.federalregister.gov/arti...g-fair-housing
    Because a few public comments will surely turn the tide, eh? That'll show um'!

All Pro
    I wonder how many whiteys that voted for Barry in '12 are going to cringe at having helped hasten their own demise in 10 years or so. Wonder if Canada is hiring?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

I have section 8 housing in my town, which also boasts one of the best HS's in NY State. Many of the section 8 kids show up unprepared, unruly, undisciplined and downright unsocialized; Some of them the third or fourth generation from the same family living in these apts.

Their behaviour is overlooked and excused by teachers, administrators and all the do-good libs in town and if they even graduate... many drift into drug dealing, single parenthood, etc...... and the sad cycle continues.

Unless we as a society (read; lib pukes) get serious about real accountability, shoe-horning them into better neighborhoods merely ruins the quality of life for people of all races and ethnicities who strove and struggled to gain something better for their own families, and removes any incentive for the welfare/housing recipients to break the cycle of dependance.

-

Allot of jobs in the oil fields, but not a job most would like.