Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If Gronk & Hernandez can't play?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    don't under estimate Ballard and Amendola. With Brady under center, these two guys could shine. (If they can stay healthy, coming off injury plagued seasons.)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    before all of these developments, I never gave the Jets a chance in a week 2 matchup. Now I'm beginning to think?

1) The Patsies have lost, or won't have in week 2, Welker, Gronk, AH, Danny Woodhead. That a HUGE loss.

2) Their defense still sucks.

So it's safe to say that the week 2 game may be a lot more in question.

But still this all boils down to IMO what happens with the Jets. I don't believe the defense is going to be very good. But many differ with that. The hole at FS is still there for the Jets, but the Patsies would usually exploit that weakness via TE's catching passes over the middle. Now? No Gronk (at least not in week 2), AH is gone forever. Jake Ballard would be the next most logical solution at TE, but from what I'm told that his knee is still really f*cked up and it's debatable if he'll be ready for week 2.

Needless to say, the Jets will have a shot in that week 2 game. I still say the Patsies win, but it is much tighter than originally thought.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK
    So what if Wilfork gets hurt in the 1st game?
    Anyone putting down any $ in vegas?, lol!

OMG
    We are the biggest puzzy fans in the world, woe is me.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Listen people, I'm as down on what has happened over the last 2 years as anyone but if your telling me that we don't have a chance vs the Patriots without Hernandez (Released), maybe Gronk still battling injuries, & Welker in Denver come week 2, I mean seriously, the Patriots are a shell of what they were, Brady is another year older & the Cro will take care of their new guy Danny A.
    I will never give up on a season before it starts like some people here!
    What are we?

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    It's unfortunate that we're at the beginning of a rebuild because the Pats are significantly weaker. Our 2009 or 2010 teams would be good enough to win the division, but not this year's team.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    It's unfortunate that we're at the beginning of a rebuild because the Pats are significantly weaker. Our 2009 or 2010 teams would be good enough to win the division, but not this year's team.
    The table would have been set, now we are almost right back where we started. This sucks big time.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Wake me up when Brady no longer plays for NE. Until then, it doesn't matter if your dead cat is playing TE for them. He/they still execute.
    I see what you did there

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    So you're saying the pig is ripe?
    the pig is ripe and aged to perfection. the pig is smoked bacon. the pig has an apple in his mouth and stake in his *ss turning on the spit. he's juicy. ready to eat.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    don't under estimate Ballard and Amendola. With Brady under center, these two guys could shine. (If they can stay healthy, coming off injury plagued seasons.)
    Lot easier to cover those two china dolls without Gronkowski and Hernandez to worry about. Brady is a great QB. He's not Thor.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I can't wait until Belichick gets constantly questioned about the prospect of Tebow playing TE.

You know it's going to happen.

Every. Single. Day.

The Circus has moved north, folks.
    For some reason, I hadn't thought of this. I like this concept.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    For some reason, I hadn't thought of this. I like this concept.
    So why should the pats get cap relief here? Getting cap relief will encourage teams to continue to overpay talent with character concerns. No repercussions if they are wrong.

Just a thought

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    So why should the pats get cap relief here? Getting cap relief will encourage teams to continue to overpay talent with character concerns. No repercussions if they are wrong.

Just a thought
    I was listening to NFL Network on Sirius XM and they said since the patriots released AH, they are not able to recoup any guaranteed money.

Whereas, the Falcons never released Vick when he went to Jail, and was able to successfully recoup a large portion of guaranteed money.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I can't wait until Belichick gets constantly questioned about the prospect of Tebow playing TE.

You know it's going to happen.

Every. Single. Day.

The Circus has moved north, folks.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wake me up when Brady no longer plays for NE. Until then, it doesn't matter if your dead cat is playing TE for them. He/they still execute.
    We would have beaten them last year if Hill catches the damn ball. Not bashing Hill. He had 5 drops, but they were costly. I'm just saying it's silly to say we can't beat them. Rex has Bellicheck's number. 25% of the time Bill figures Rex out and we get blown out. 30% of the time we squeak out a win. The other 45% we hold down the score, but lose by not scoring any points. If we ever get decent QB play we would beat them more times than not. Rex drives Brady crazy. There's no disputing that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NPTJET53 View Post
    I was listening to NFL Network on Sirius XM and they said since the patriots released AH, they are not able to recoup any guaranteed money.

Whereas, the Falcons never released Vick when he went to Jail, and was able to successfully recoup a large portion of guaranteed money.
    Well that team sounds like it's being run by Snarky99. Maybe Myra was the voice of reason over there. Now he's getting his advice from the little blond girl.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Everyone said the same thing in the summer of 2009. All of those great defensive players sucked in 2008. Actually the summer of 98 was worse. Who knows what will develop? We haven't had a decent OC in years. Let's just wait and see what we really have.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    We would have beaten them last year if Hill catches the damn ball. Not bashing Hill. He had 5 drops, but they were costly. I'm just saying it's silly to say we can't beat them. Rex has Bellicheck's number. 25% of the time Bill figures Rex out and we get blown out. 30% of the time we squeak out a win. The other 45% we hold down the score, but lose by not scoring any points. If we ever get decent QB play we would beat them more times than not. Rex drives Brady crazy. There's no disputing that.
    Maybe we win, maybe we don't. That's not what my point was. My remark was specifically directed at the notion of "they're weak!" ...which is a load of crap. The patriots have proven year in and year out, that they will perform at a high level so long as the king and queen are still there.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't worry Pats fans Kellen Winslow is still available.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Amendola is insanely injury prone and Ballard, who is nothing special btw and nowhere near as good as Hernandez and Gronk, is coming off an injury. The Pats receiving corps is a mess.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    To be the champ you have to beat the champ, this looks like the Jets' year