Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If Gronk & Hernandez can't play?

Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    To be the champ you have to beat the champ, this looks like the Jets' year
    I just don't see how the Patriots do it this year. They have nothing - Welker and Hernandez are both gone, Gronk's about to become an amputee, Amendola is one hit over the middle away from going away forever, and their defense sucks. Nothing but respect for Brady but who the f is he throwing to?

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I just don't see how the Patriots do it this year. They have nothing - Welker and Hernandez are both gone, Gronk's about to become an amputee, Amendola is one hit over the middle away from going away forever, and their defense sucks. Nothing but respect for Brady but who the f is he throwing to?
    championship!

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    You're not listening. I'm saying a dead cat, literally, could line up at TE -- and NE (on their worst day), could still beat us. They execute, execute, execute. They always find ways to gameplan and work with what they got. You don't think their roster as is, is going to be same as the one they shows up 4 months from now, do you? ..

C'mon. Wake up.

Can we beat them? I dunno, maybe. But puhlease... spare me the "ooooOOoo boy, they's in trouble now!!" garbage.
    They are in trouble.. 4 of their 5 leading recievers are gone and ones recovering from surgery. No sh*t they can beat us but no offense to us we aren't that important to them. Looking at the big picture they are in trouble. They will be lucky to win a playoff game.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    I don't know who Brady is going to throw to....

Gronkowski if he is healthy but I really doubt he will play the whole season healthy, he will almost certainly miss some games.

Hernandez is gone, Welker is gone, Woodhead is gone, Lloyd is gone.

They have Amendola - another guy who will almost certainly miss time with injuries and they drafted at least one WR that I remember but the Pats history of drafting WR's is pretty shakey.

Julian Edelman?

Screen passes to Steven Ridley or Shane Vereen out of the backfield maybe?

They do have Tom Brady so I am sure they will still find a way to score points, but, 4 out of his 5 most reliable targets are gone.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 06-27-2013 at 06:32 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    I have to agree with you....I think about the ugly buttfumble game but I also recall the game in foxborough that the jets should have won.....patriots have gotten worse this offseason while the jets have gotten better....no one can also assume that all the off season events won't affect some patriots players...they are taking a huge hit.

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Listen people, I'm as down on what has happened over the last 2 years as anyone but if your telling me that we don't have a chance vs the Patriots without Hernandez (Released), maybe Gronk still battling injuries, & Welker in Denver come week 2, I mean seriously, the Patriots are a shell of what they were, Brady is another year older & the Cro will take care of their new guy Danny A.
    I will never give up on a season before it starts like some people here!

Veteran
    As long as they have Brady, it doesn't matter. Could the Jets beat them this year? Of course. Will they? Probably not.

Hall Of Fame
    Also being said that Gronk wont be back till at least October.....sorry but playing the pats week 2 without gronk-hernandez and welker...I feel good about the jets chances....and this talk about then having a great running game with ridley....really? I strongly feel that the Jets will have a better running game.....people are thinking too much about last season...this team is much better. To assume that the pats will not be affected is absurd.

Brady is another year older.
    There is no way they will be in sync on offense in the 2nd game of the year.
    Rex is going back to his blitzing ways.
    Brady better hope they are all the same page.
    So your telling me the rookie Dobson will know blitz responsibility game 2 of his career?
    OK then.

Hall Of Fame
    so you already in june assuming that we don't have a qb worth a damn? and we are in june??? You think we have no qb and you have not seen sanchez or smith rum MM's offense??? OK I get it....it's june and you already have zero faith in all our qb's....oh ok. I'm glad I don't feel the same way.....I'll base judgement when I see them in pre season.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    No longer a case of If Gronk & Hernandez can play or not.

Hernandez is DONE and will be going to Prison for the rest of his life.

It's now just a case of whether GRONK can play(and that doesn't look promising for the Patsies).

DAMMIT! If we had QB worth a damn, this would be the PERFECT OPPORTUNITY and Season to overtake the Pats.

Hall Of Fame
    watch what you write...the majority of fans on this board has such an inferiority complex of the pats that they will highly disagree with you...they already penciled in week 2 as a loss for the jets without even watching pre season.....their entire mentality is nothing more than poking fun at the team they say they root for...they also have this unique DNA which prohibits them from being even remotely optimistic. Alas NOT all Jets fans feel this way. Some of us realize that our team has been upgraded...yes we will see the real deal in pre season. We are also seeing the Patriots taking more steps backwards than forward. Yes they still have brady, but the jets have beaten brady in the past. They will not have welker-gronk-hernandez-woodhead when we play them in game two.....these are 4 players who used to kill us. If anyone thinks they can replace all that talent then oh well. Jets will have a huge chance in week 2.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Amendola is insanely injury prone and Ballard, who is nothing special btw and nowhere near as good as Hernandez and Gronk, is coming off an injury. The Pats receiving corps is a mess.

All Pro
    They will miss Gronkowski but I don't know how much they'll miss Hernandez. He seems kind of average and only made better by being on the same team with Gronkowski and Brady. ON another team I bet he doesn't get that much notice.

Listen people, I'm as down on what has happened over the last 2 years as anyone but if your telling me that we don't have a chance vs the Patriots without Hernandez (Released), maybe Gronk still battling injuries, & Welker in Denver come week 2, I mean seriously, the Patriots are a shell of what they were, Brady is another year older & the Cro will take care of their new guy Danny A.
    The Pats may lose their 2-TE threat, but they still have Brady (who has made due with scrubs like Deion Branch and Reche Caldwell in the past) and a 4-headed RB attack: Ridley, Bolden, Vereen and Leon Washington.

It'll go from Brady dumping off to Welker and Hernandez to Brady dumping off to Vereen, Leon, Amendola and whoever they get to play the move-TE position.

They'll still find ways to score with Brady and that O-line.

Quote Originally Posted by SDJETS View Post
    As long as they have Brady, it doesn't matter. Could the Jets beat them this year? Of course. Will they? Probably not.
    This.

Plus the Bills and Dolphins are trying to get better as much as, if not more than, the Jets are.

All League
    +1!

This is the NFL. Why anyone gives up on their team before a season starts is beyond me.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PaPZ187 View Post
    +1!

This is the NFL. Why anyone gives up on their team before a season starts is beyond me.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk
    I'm the same way. Some of the so called fans on here make me sick and don't deserve the honor of being a fan of the New York Jets!

It appears the Pats offense will not be as potent as last season. However, the Jets have to be able to score points if they are going to be taken seriously in their division.

The implosion of the NE receiving corp presents the perfect example of whether the quality of a QB is important in the modern NFL. SOJF place the blame for horrendous QB play on the receivers, coaches, linemen, fans and media but never on the QB. Other fans would say a receivers play is largely based on the quality of the QB. Good test case coming up.

All League
    I'm sorry but I've heard this too many times before. The Patriots will get their 11-14 wins that they're accustomed to.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasemuir View Post
    The implosion of the NE receiving corp presents the perfect example of whether the quality of a QB is important in the modern NFL. SOJF place the blame for horrendous QB play on the receivers, coaches, linemen, fans and media but never on the QB. Other fans would say a receivers play is largely based on the quality of the QB. Good test case coming up.
    Superb observation!

We already have data on the year Peyton went down. Now we get Brady with a reduced capacity receiving corp.

The results could affect salary scales and drafting strategies for years...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    They will miss Gronkowski but I don't know how much they'll miss Hernandez. He seems kind of average and only made better by being on the same team with Gronkowski and Brady. ON another team I bet he doesn't get that much notice.
    Really?

He was the speed TE who when combined with Gronk caused huge match up problems for D's who don't normally have to deal with two TEs.

They helped each other.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    We would have beaten them last year if Hill catches the damn ball. Not bashing Hill. He had 5 drops, but they were costly. I'm just saying it's silly to say we can't beat them. Rex has Bellicheck's number. 25% of the time Bill figures Rex out and we get blown out. 30% of the time we squeak out a win. The other 45% we hold down the score, but lose by not scoring any points. If we ever get decent QB play we would beat them more times than not. Rex drives Brady crazy. There's no disputing that.
    This is part of the reason I love Rex and hope that he stays here for as long as he's able to game plan vs. the best QB's in the game. Hopefully MM isn't overhyped and had more to do with Eagles' offense production than some are willing to give him credit for.

If so, we have all the pieces in place and are just average QB play away from being a very competitive and scary team to face. Needless to say, I think Idzik has done wonders and it MM lives up to the hype then we're right back in contention.
    Last edited by LIJetsFan; 06-29-2013 at 09:51 AM.