Thread: The view from Boston..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

The view from Boston..

I have been living in downtown Cambridge for over 4 weeks now as we wait to move into our house in Sudbury. The Boston Globe has been very critical of the Patriots over the course of this business with Hernandez and the local news is covering the case from every possible angle.

Being a Jet fan I have been wearing my Jet jersey around town and really have not had much of a response. A lot of people here are in fact Jet fans, Giant fans and Steeler fans. I always thought that Boston sports fans had a screw loose but there only seems to be a small minority of really die hard fans here who go overboard for their teams. I am however somewhat amazed that some fans turn on their team the minute they are in controversy but whatever.

Frankly I am less concerned about what happens to Hernandez. He was denied bail and won't be back in court for another month. I am more interested to see the Jets stick it to the media who have all but assured us a last place finish.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those "fans" are soft ass bltches!

I always put them in their place about their BS goon squad franchise...

Only time one of those punks ever said a word to me was first game day of the season Favre played.

I was wearing a #4 jersey and this douchebag says some crap like "Favre is going down, Jets suck"
    I laughed at him and said "you wish" and headed to the only bar in Boston that shows more than one game

Tom Brady proceeds to get his knee Pollard'ed

Was a glorious day. I know that fvcktard NEVER forgot that to this day!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    I have been living in downtown Cambridge for over 4 weeks now as we wait to move into our house in Sudbury. The Boston Globe has been very critical of the Patriots over the course of this business with Hernandez and the local news is covering the case from every possible angle.

Being a Jet fan I have been wearing my Jet jersey around town and really have not had much of a response. A lot of people here are in fact Jet fans, Giant fans and Steeler fans. I always thought that Boston sports fans had a screw loose but there only seems to be a small minority of really die hard fans here who go overboard for their teams. I am however somewhat amazed that some fans turn on their team the minute they are in controversy but whatever.

Frankly I am less concerned about what happens to Hernandez. He was denied bail and won't be back in court for another month. I am more interested to see the Jets stick it to the media who have all but assured us a last place finish.
    I guess I don't get your point?

You want to see the Jets stick it to the media because they have assured us a last place finish? How do the developments in regards to how Boston is reacting to AH's arrest have anything to do with our season?

The Jets still only play the Patsies twice this season. The media thinks we are going to be in last place due to our entire schedule, not just 2 games against the Patsies.

The only way the media changes their stance is if the Jets add some more players. That's likely not going to happen at least this season.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Those "fans" are soft ass bltches!

I always put them in their place about their BS goon squad franchise...

Only time one of those punks ever said a word to me was first game day of the season Favre played.

I was wearing a #4 jersey and this douchebag says some crap like "Favre is going down, Jets suck"
    I laughed at him and said "you wish" and headed to the only bar in Boston that shows more than one game

Was a glorious day. I know that fvcktard NEVER forgot that to this day!
    Must have been rough, when the Pats with their backup Qb in all season, still finished ahead of the Favre led jets that year.
    Last edited by PETER PAT; 06-26-2013 at 06:02 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am more interested to see the Jets stick it to the media who have all but assured us a last place finish.
    Let the media fumble about in their shock at the Patriots sudden fall from grace, that should keep them occupied for a while.

If the Jets are smart, they will keep their mouths shut and do their talking on the field.

That's my hope anyway.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 06-26-2013 at 06:04 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PETER PAT View Post
    Must have been rough, when the Pats with their backup Qb in all season, still finished ahead of the Frave led jets that year.
    No, not really. No, not at all, actually!

Not NEARLY as rough as being a Boston sports fan this week!

Bruins EPIC collapse.... Losing Doc Rivers.... Red Sux a joke.... Pasts* an ABSOLUTE CIRCUS!!!

McLOVIN' IT BEEATCH!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I guess I don't get your point?

You want to see the Jets stick it to the media because they have assured us a last place finish? How do the developments in regards to how Boston is reacting to AH's arrest have anything to do with our season?

The Jets still only play the Patsies twice this season. The media thinks we are going to be in last place due to our entire schedule, not just 2 games against the Patsies.

The only way the media changes their stance is if the Jets add some more players. That's likely not going to happen at least this season.
    The only way the media changes their stance is if the Head Coach/Clown shuts up and if the Jets win ball games.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Was a glorious day.
    Stay classy brah.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Stay classy brah.
    It was great because of the dipshlt in the Brady jersey talking trash that Favre was about to get injured.

I KNOW he felt COMPLETELY snake-bitten.

I tried to find him back in the NH afterwards. No luck. I'm sure he was wasted chewing on his pillow.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Sudbury...nice! Congrats.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, not really. No, not at all, actually!

Not NEARLY as rough as being a Boston sports fan this week!

Bruins EPIC collapse.... Losing Doc Rivers.... Red Sux a joke.... Pasts* an ABSOLUTE CIRCUS!!!

McLOVIN' IT BEEATCH!
    Sox are in first place.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Sox are in first place.
    I'm sure you know about the all-star break... Sox will miss the postseason

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I lived in Boston for 2 years around there 18-1 season. It was easy to see the majority of there fans were not real fans. They run there mouth and try to give you a hard time but know very little about football especially their own team.

The ones that were real diehards actually arent that bad to talk to.

Its no secret the real blood in that town bleeds for the Red Sox not the Pats

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jets31 View Post
    I lived in Boston for 2 years around there 18-1 season. It was easy to see the majority of there fans were not real fans. They run there mouth and try to give you a hard time but know very little about football especially their own team.

The ones that were real diehards actually arent that bad to talk to.

Yep. pretty much exactly. There *are* some real Pats fans and Bruins fans... But they are few and far between for sure.

I've always had pretty good conversations with a lot of them after a little ball busting.
    The REAL fans usually know the Jets aren't exactly gonna be a cakewalk every time they meet up.
    I was at a SB party for the 18-1 game... Got SO MUCH SHlT rooting for NY.
    It ended up pretty awesome

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jets31 View Post

+86

No question Sox are Boston's team. .... Pats are more of a fad. ... their fans were basically non existent pre Parcells/Bledsoe.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Delete/duplicate

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk
    Last edited by PaPZ187; 06-27-2013 at 02:35 AM.